User Reviews for Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim

Also known as: Bactrim, Bactrim DS, Bactrim IV, Bactrim Pediatric, Bethaprim, Bethaprim Pediatric, Co-trimoxazole, Cotrim, Cotrim DS, Cotrim Pediatric, Septra, Septra DS, Septra IV, SMZ-TMP DS, Sulfatrim, ...show all 18 brand names

Learn more about Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim.

Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim review summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 366 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim to treat Sinusitis

Review by Sldrwfe (taken for less than 1 month):

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): Usually clears up any infections but does sometimes cause extreme nausea and yeast infection.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 6:46 PM

Review by jszaradowski (taken for less than 1 month):

SMZ-TMP DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): Taking this for sinusitis. I am an adilt taking in suspension, as I have trouble swallowing pills. It says grape and is purple in color but it tastes terrible.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 10:28 AM

Review by Fuss box (taken for less than 1 month):

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): My body responds to sulfur products. After two days on Bactrim I noticed a difference. By the 4th day I was back to myself. It really helped me.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2014 8:44 PM

Review by Meggy 5000:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): I have been taking Bactrim for sinusitis around a week. I have developed painful sores on my tongue that are not visible to the eye. My mouth itches and burns terribly. It worked for my underlining condition but this side effect is unbearable.

March 8, 2014 7:39 PM

Review by nickname:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): I've been on it for 6 days now and I feel the same as I did before. This is my first time taking it for a sinus infection. I guess it doesn't work for me.

December 16, 2013 3:53 PM

Review by shellierh:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): Took one dose of Bactrim for sinusitis/bronchitis and 3 hours later face was red. 1 hour following, my face, arms and hands broke out into hives. Had to discontinue and call doc.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 15, 2013 11:45 AM

Review by suzykale:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): I took Bactrim DS after the first antibiotic didn't work on my sinus infection. I started to feel better after 4 days, however I developed joint pain in my hands and knees. I have arthritis from an autoimmune disease, but it's usually controlled very well by a maintenance medicine. On day 8 I noted lots of swollen glands in my neck and a slight temp. After I took my antibiotic that night my fever shot up to 103, I was shaking, teeth chattering, with severe joint/muscle pain, my face looked sunburned, and my body was red/blotchy. I stopped the Bactrim, but the fever lasted 2-3 days, the arthritis was severe for about a week and I still have fatigue. Good news is ENT did recheck and infection is gone.

January 25, 2012 8:47 AM

I currently have an inner ear blockage from blowing my nose too hard. I have been on Sulfamethoxazole for 5 days. Still have the blockage and mucky junk in my nose. Doesn't seem to have done anything so far.

November 7, 2011 4:40 PM

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): Great antibiotic, cleared away my sinusitis, however been an insomniac for the past couple of days.

August 30, 2011 1:42 AM

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): It always gets the job done soon when you first start taking the medication.

February 9, 2010 12:52 AM

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): I was given the generic Bactrim for a sinus infection. After 4 days, I couldn't stop vomiting and having diarrhea for 3 days. Almost went to the hospital. It seemed to be making me feel better until the side effects kicked in. I had to stop the medication.

February 4, 2010 10:43 AM

Review by scaryfencer:

Used this for sinusitis, cleared it within 36 hours. No side effects noted at all. Took the full course with no problems. Have used this drug for Strep as well and it worked well with no side effects.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2009 9:54 PM

Review by itchmonster:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): Was prescribed Bactrim for combination of sinusitis and a urinary tract infection. After two pills I got a yeast infection. Not sure the medication is working to make me feel better or not.

May 3, 2009 4:29 AM

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): Works okay after a couple of days with no side efects, but everybody is different.

February 9, 2009 8:36 PM

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): Horrible headache and stomach ache. Had to discontinue.

February 3, 2009 2:26 PM

Review by Cigma:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): After three days of perscribed use of the generic bactrim, my headaches and nasal discharge have decrease dramatically. Side Effects, insomnia (reason I am writing this review), pain in jaw and throat if not taken with ample water.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 14, 2008 3:34 AM