User Reviews for Bactrim

Learn more about Bactrim.

Acne 45 reviews 512 medications

Infection Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningitis 0 reviews 69 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia Prophylaxis 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Traveler's Diarrhea 0 reviews 49 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bactrim reviews 159 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Bactrim

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I was prescribed Bactrim for a bacterial skin infection under my arm. I get infections easily and am often on all kinds of antibiotics. Many bother me, but I have not had any problems at all while on Bactrim. And the skin infection has been clearing up very well (I'm almost done with the medication.) I'm very happy with this medication."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "It works awesome. If you have problems with this medicine it is probably due to being allergic to it, so stop taking it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took Bactrim once for a Urinary Tract infection. I can't remember exactly how many days I was instructed to take the pill, but I know it was over a week. Everything was fine up until the 9th day, then my entire body broke out in hives."

Guest1098 April 22, 2012

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I am currently taking this medicine. I should be finishing it in two days have to take it twice for ten days. The whole time I've had migraines. And just recently I got a rash because I forgot to take it once yesterday. I've never been allergic to anything but I hope this rash goes away."

Anonymous March 25, 2012

For Bacterial Infection "Bactrim worked great for me, provided I drank lots of water, otherwise you can become dehydrated."

Anonymous March 16, 2012

For Bacterial Infection "I have gained about 5 to 8 pounds since I have been taking this medicine."

Anonymous March 15, 2012

For Bacterial Infection "I was prescribed Bactrim and Keflex to treat an traumatic force injury to my shin which a month later turned into a bacterial type infection. I was on these 2 anitbiotics for 3 doses (100 mg Bactrim) and I got small spots of hive-like bumps under both forearms, on my hand, and on the backside of the injured shin. They took me off those antibiotics and without taking any other medicines yet that day, approximately 8 hrs later I looked like I had the chicken pox. It's Day 3 after stopping Bactrim and I'm just starting to get some relief from the intense itching ( I did have a steroid IV today to try to help this)."

macyme March 12, 2012

For Bronchitis "I took this medicine in early June for Bronchitis. It worked and I was all better by the time it was done. In early July I began to feel general malaise with various sypmtoms, nausea, fatigue etc. They did blood work and found that my AST and LST #'s were near 1000 and 900 respectively. It took 4 months for my numbers to go down. And a month later I started to experience gastrointestinal problems which is still going on. Not a good experience at all."

Anonymous February 23, 2012

For Acne "I have had bad acne since 6th grade and I am now in 11th grade and started taking Bactrim, it is amazing you take it once in the morning and once at night... I saw results in the first month, now my face it clear, just around my time of the month I get maybe two pimples but they go away fast! Just don't skip! You will break out and have to start over!"

Anonymous February 21, 2012

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I stepped on a rusty nail and had alot of pain and foot started to swell. I started taking Bactrim and the pain went away within the first two pills which was 24 hrs. The only problem is that I can't function with the nausea, dizziness, loss of appetite, headache. I think its because of sensitive stomach."

Anonymous February 17, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took Bactrim for 3 days for a urinary tract infections. I found relief only hours after taking the antibiotics but experienced severe nausea that continued to get worse no matter how much water I drank or how much I ate. Needless to say, I will be calling my family doctor to try something else."

Anonymous January 24, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "Works great."

Anonymous January 23, 2012

For Acne "I've had acne for years... this is the only medicine that works. Weird thing is, new dermatologist tried to talk me out of it, but wouldn't tell me why. I basically told her that if she didn't want to prescribe it, I would just go back to the doctor who did. At 41 years old, I know what works for me. Another interesting side effect - I used to get ear infections and strep throat on a regular basis until starting this... haven't had either in years !"

LGGG January 10, 2012

For Prostatitis "Every two years I get Prostatitis, Bactrim works all the time"

Anonymous January 10, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "Bactrim cleared up my urinary tract infection, but gave me a raging yeast infection. I now request Keflex for UTI's."

Anonymous December 29, 2011

For Bacterial Infection "This was not right for me. I had a severe reaction while taking this and had to go to the emergency room. Racing/irregular heartbeat, nausea, shaky, legs felt weird, red blotches, slurring speech, red eyes, feverish and generally felt very unwell. "

Anonymous December 20, 2011

For Urinary Tract Infection "I used this medication a few times to treat a urinary tract infections and two times I experienced severe allergic reactions where I had hives on my tongue, neck and face, and they left scars. Be careful."

Anonymous December 16, 2011

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took it with almost no side effects. I did have a headache one day, but that could have been from anything. My only complaint was that the pills were huge and hard to swallow."

Anonymous October 12, 2011

For Urinary Tract Infection "Caused joint and tendon pains, made my hand go numb and ruined my tendon in my thumb so it doesn't bend right now and sticks in place."

Anonymous October 3, 2011

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I went to the hospital last night because there was a boil under my armpit. Last month I had one on my buttock. They tested me for diabetes, I'm not a diabetic. I don't know why I keep getting boils. They couldn't drain it because fluid hasn't formed yet, so they gave me Bactrim. I have to take 2 pills every 12 hrs. They are huge. And hopefully they work well for me like they did for most of you!"

Lady Vicky September 30, 2011

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Prescribed Bactrim for boils on abdomen/legs. I was only able to take it for 3 days, due to the adverse reaction. The boils are much better (and I hope they don't come back), but the back pain, abdominal pain, nausea and diarrhea were enough to make me stop taking it. Plus, I'm not sure if this is a medicine of choice for anyone with ulcerative colitis, but now I'm having a huge flare of that! "

Anonymous September 28, 2011

For Bacterial Infection "I have only had this medicine twice. The first time was without reaction. The second time however, I did experience trembling, weakness, especially in my legs, anxiety, and an itchy rash on my forearms. Not pleasant at all!"

Anonymous September 23, 2011

For Urinary Tract Infection "I'm taking Bactrim twice a day for ten days. I was taking five day course of Cipro and had a migraine headache, which wouldn't go away. Cipro didn't even help me, I still had white blood cells and blood in my urine which makes for a bad urinary tract infection. The PA gave me Bactrim. I still have a slight headache but the UTI was so bad, I can deal with these side effects. The pressure in my bladder area has subsided and five more days to go. I can handle Bactrim."

Anonymous September 14, 2011

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Awful nausea and headaches that last all day! I'd rather have those side effects then suffer from MRSA but it has still been rough to deal with as I'm trying to go back to work."

Anonymous September 7, 2011

For Acne "My doctor put me on Bactrim and Aczone. Together this works wonders! I suffered from somewhat severe acne until this. I started taking it..the first 2-3 weeks I flared up but once the fourth week hit, my face was completed clear. I would strongly recommend this to anyone who has acne problems."

Anonymous September 4, 2011