User Reviews for Bactrim

Learn more about Bactrim.

Acne 50 reviews 512 medications

Infection Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningitis 0 reviews 69 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 31 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia Prophylaxis 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Traveler's Diarrhea 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bactrim reviews 167 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Bactrim

For Acne "Bactrim is the best medication I've even taken for acne, cleared my skin up in 5 days."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2013

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Cellulitis or staph infection on index finger. Went to doc he prescribed this. It's making the infection (large boil) go down and kind of scab over. Having bad heartburn though, and having headaches."

Mason mcdonald January 14, 2013

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Taking Bactrim for spider bite on breast - working."

jbird1811 January 6, 2013

For Acne "I started taking Bactrim twice a day everyday for a month and my acne has completely healed, now I take it only once a day. I went off of it for about 3 days and only gained back 1 large pimple, but as soon as I went back on the medication the pimple quickly disappeared. I'd say this is better than any face care products I've ever used. Much worth it!"

Starla Yen January 6, 2013

For Acne "I have been on Bactrim for 5 weeks now and today I decided to stop taking it due to the side effects I'm experiencing. My gums have become inflamed and have a burning sensation that is very bothersome. My face also feels somewhat numb and tingly. I'm disappointed that I can't tolerate this medicine because it really did start clearing up my moderate acne problem. I would recommend giving Bactrim a try..it just didn't agree with me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2012

For Bacterial Infection "Seems to be working, am impressed with it. Had a sinus infection, throat infection, earache and women type of rash under my arms. All seem to be improving. I have only started taking the medication though. I am hoping for the best from what others here had to say."

Anonymous November 9, 2012

For Otitis Media "I have had ear infections on and off for years and Bactrim is the only medication that cures them."

yisagirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2012

For Bacterial Skin Infection "From the second dose of the medicine, I started having terrible heartburn, stomach burning and nausea. The side effects out-weighed any benefits for me."

Anonymous July 13, 2012

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I was prescribed Bactrim for a bacterial skin infection under my arm. I get infections easily and am often on all kinds of antibiotics. Many bother me, but I have not had any problems at all while on Bactrim. And the skin infection has been clearing up very well (I'm almost done with the medication.) I'm very happy with this medication."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "It works awesome. If you have problems with this medicine it is probably due to being allergic to it, so stop taking it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took Bactrim once for a Urinary Tract infection. I can't remember exactly how many days I was instructed to take the pill, but I know it was over a week. Everything was fine up until the 9th day, then my entire body broke out in hives."

Guest1098 April 22, 2012

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I am currently taking this medicine. I should be finishing it in two days have to take it twice for ten days. The whole time I've had migraines. And just recently I got a rash because I forgot to take it once yesterday. I've never been allergic to anything but I hope this rash goes away."

Anonymous March 25, 2012

For Bacterial Infection "Bactrim worked great for me, provided I drank lots of water, otherwise you can become dehydrated."

Anonymous March 16, 2012

For Bacterial Infection "I have gained about 5 to 8 pounds since I have been taking this medicine."

Anonymous March 15, 2012

For Bacterial Infection "I was prescribed Bactrim and Keflex to treat an traumatic force injury to my shin which a month later turned into a bacterial type infection. I was on these 2 anitbiotics for 3 doses (100 mg Bactrim) and I got small spots of hive-like bumps under both forearms, on my hand, and on the backside of the injured shin. They took me off those antibiotics and without taking any other medicines yet that day, approximately 8 hrs later I looked like I had the chicken pox. It's Day 3 after stopping Bactrim and I'm just starting to get some relief from the intense itching ( I did have a steroid IV today to try to help this)."

macyme March 12, 2012

For Bronchitis "I took this medicine in early June for Bronchitis. It worked and I was all better by the time it was done. In early July I began to feel general malaise with various sypmtoms, nausea, fatigue etc. They did blood work and found that my AST and LST #'s were near 1000 and 900 respectively. It took 4 months for my numbers to go down. And a month later I started to experience gastrointestinal problems which is still going on. Not a good experience at all."

Anonymous February 23, 2012

For Acne "I have had bad acne since 6th grade and I am now in 11th grade and started taking Bactrim, it is amazing you take it once in the morning and once at night... I saw results in the first month, now my face it clear, just around my time of the month I get maybe two pimples but they go away fast! Just don't skip! You will break out and have to start over!"

Anonymous February 21, 2012

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I stepped on a rusty nail and had alot of pain and foot started to swell. I started taking Bactrim and the pain went away within the first two pills which was 24 hrs. The only problem is that I can't function with the nausea, dizziness, loss of appetite, headache. I think its because of sensitive stomach."

Anonymous February 17, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took Bactrim for 3 days for a urinary tract infections. I found relief only hours after taking the antibiotics but experienced severe nausea that continued to get worse no matter how much water I drank or how much I ate. Needless to say, I will be calling my family doctor to try something else."

Anonymous January 24, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "Works great."

Anonymous January 23, 2012

For Acne "I've had acne for years... this is the only medicine that works. Weird thing is, new dermatologist tried to talk me out of it, but wouldn't tell me why. I basically told her that if she didn't want to prescribe it, I would just go back to the doctor who did. At 41 years old, I know what works for me. Another interesting side effect - I used to get ear infections and strep throat on a regular basis until starting this... haven't had either in years !"

LGGG January 10, 2012

For Prostatitis "Every two years I get Prostatitis, Bactrim works all the time"

Anonymous January 10, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "Bactrim cleared up my urinary tract infection, but gave me a raging yeast infection. I now request Keflex for UTI's."

Anonymous December 29, 2011

For Bacterial Infection "This was not right for me. I had a severe reaction while taking this and had to go to the emergency room. Racing/irregular heartbeat, nausea, shaky, legs felt weird, red blotches, slurring speech, red eyes, feverish and generally felt very unwell. "

Anonymous December 20, 2011

For Urinary Tract Infection "I used this medication a few times to treat a urinary tract infections and two times I experienced severe allergic reactions where I had hives on my tongue, neck and face, and they left scars. Be careful."

Anonymous December 16, 2011