User Reviews for Bactrim (Page 4)

Learn more about Bactrim.

Acne 54 reviews 518 medications

Prostatitis 5 reviews 42 medications

2.2
Summary of Bactrim reviews 188 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Bactrim

For Acne "I had a kidney transplant and Bactrim was prescribed as part of my meds to allay any infections. I'm middle aged and have suffered from acne for years. To my surprise, my acne cleared! A bonus!"

NIMBLE1 March 12, 2014

For Sinusitis "I have been taking Bactrim for sinusitis around a week. I have developed painful sores on my tongue that are not visible to the eye. My mouth itches and burns terribly. It worked for my underlining condition but this side effect is unbearable."

Meggy 5000 March 8, 2014

For Acne "I am 41 years old and have struggled all my life with acne. Having done Roaccutane, Minocycline and every other medication and topical ointment. At 41 I was over acne. This is a miracle medicine. Skin cleared up in about 7 days and is absolutely flawless. Can't speak highly enough of this medicine. I am acne free for the first time in my life. Ask your doctor about this."

myboys14 February 28, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "I just started Bactrim. I have noticed a significant change for the better. For those of you that get yeast infections, eat lots of yogurt if you can. I have found this has helped me in the past."

Anonymous January 5, 2014

For Acne "I took Bactrim for about 1 year and did not get a single breakout during that time. Really works wonders for skin. Now I have been on the maintenance dose to carry on the good work."

Anonymous December 26, 2013

For Sinusitis "Took one dose of Bactrim for sinusitis/bronchitis and 3 hours later face was red. 1 hour following, my face, arms and hands broke out into hives. Had to discontinue and call doc."

shellierh November 15, 2013

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Can't live without having this in by medicine cabinet. At the onset of a suspected boil I take this and problem solved! I have been taking this for many years. Before Bactrim I had boil after boil, scars, and embarrassment. Miracle drug for boils, who cares about minor side effects!!!"

Lirpa13 October 30, 2013

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "I have been taking Bactrim for about a year and a half now. Prior to Bactrim I took everything else. I've had acne since I was roughly 15 and am now 23. Everything I took either left me feeling crappy, or didn't work. In my experience taking Bactrim the first 2-3 months my face breaks out horribly. Then at some time in that period it just goes away. It is absolutely the best acne medication I've ever taken! I have taken it twice."

Ben Jammin October 15, 2013

For Acne "I am 52 with hormonal acne. My cysts were terrible. Did a number on my confidence. I have been on Bactrim for over a year for the cysts and finally something is working. I tried every other medicine with no results. Not sure how long I can be on this but I never want to stop. Afraid if I stop, the cysts will return."

Jmichelle September 7, 2013

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I've had a few skin infections and cellulitis. Bactrim cleared it, visible within 24hrs."

jolly joe August 24, 2013

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection "Took Bactrim for 3 days. Cleared up the urinary tract infection but became very nauseous, weak, chills, sweats, no appetite and shaky. Still weak and somewhat nauseous after 3 days of not taking it. "

GOOGS1951 (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2013

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed Bactrim DS 2x a day for 10 days to clear a urinary tract infection. I was having nausea, acid reflux and intestinal/digestive issues that felt like irritable bowel syndrome or Stomach Flu by the 3rd day. After the 5th day I decided to stop taking it and the infection is gone along with all side effects. I am glad I decided to stop taking it, it seems Bactrim DS 2x a day was a bit too much for me."

Ans247 (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2013

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "I've been on Bactrim for about 4 years now. Once per day. When I stop taking it my acne flares up. Hopefully it's not something I have to take for the rest of my life, by it definitely works when used!"

Dave! July 23, 2013

For Acne "I'm 25 years old and still get those under the skin cystic pimples on my face. It is mild but one or two of those monsters just stand out. I've tried Retin-A, every single face wash I can think of, oil free moisturizers, toners, oil free make up. I mean I've done it even the DIY remedy for acne. Well, the dermatologist put me on Bactrim and I have been on it now for about 4 weeks and my face is CLEAR. I mean I've NEVER seen it this clear! I'm just looking at the mirror all the time because I cannot believe it. Very happy with results. He said I would have to be on them for a while. But I'm okay with it. It does cause a little nausea but it's nothing I can't handle and it doesn't last too long. Overall very happy."

EJay July 11, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection "Great for urinary tract infection."

Kelly Lyn July 8, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection "Always works well with no side effects."

Sam b July 1, 2013

For Acne "I took Bactrim for a month and I quickly saw the cystic acne disappear. So I started to reduce the dosage to 1 pill a day, then I stopped. In all, I was on the medication for a period of 2 months because I didn't like the idea of taking antibiotics for a large period of time. Recently, I've been having minor breakouts, but I'm paranoid. I am afraid to get filled with cystic acne again. So I decided to start retaking the antibiotics since I still have a couple of refills. Unfortunately I don't have health insurance anymore and I can't follow up with any Dr. "

Anonymous May 3, 2013

For Bacterial Infection "Some upset stomach using Bactrim, other then that not a problem. One month using this has finally cleared up sinus, inner ear and nasal infections lingering for months. Highly recommend this medicine also using with Rifampin."

David H. April 23, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection "Prescribed Bactrim for a urinary tract infection. On day 4 of medication and have been experiencing diarrhea since day 2. Severe nausea and no appetite. Terrible migraine and cannot sleep."

Bactrim for uti (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2013

For Acne "I cannot believe how amazing this medicine has been for my cystic acne. I have tried monocycline, doxycycline, prescription topical creams, NOTHING worked. I finally decided to ask my doctor about Bactrim. I have been completely cyst free since October. This is a record amount of time for me to have NO cysts! I have had, maybe three pimples. I've had no side effects. The monocycline gave me horrible joint aches (to the point where I'd almost cry they hurt so bad). So far I have had absolutely NO side effects. It's wonderful!"

Anonymous78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2013

For Bacterial Skin Infection "If you are prescribed Bactrim, take a probiotic with each pill and the side effects usually go away. Probiotics are over the counter. Before I could not take Bactrim or Keflex. Now no problem. I am on Bactrim for boils and taking the probiotic. "

Texan and cripple January 20, 2013

For Acne "Bactrim is the best medication I've even taken for acne, cleared my skin up in 5 days."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2013

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Cellulitis or staph infection on index finger. Went to doc he prescribed this. It's making the infection (large boil) go down and kind of scab over. Having bad heartburn though, and having headaches."

Mason mcdonald January 14, 2013

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Taking Bactrim for spider bite on breast - working."

jbird1811 January 6, 2013

For Acne "I started taking Bactrim twice a day everyday for a month and my acne has completely healed, now I take it only once a day. I went off of it for about 3 days and only gained back 1 large pimple, but as soon as I went back on the medication the pimple quickly disappeared. I'd say this is better than any face care products I've ever used. Much worth it!"

Starla Yen January 6, 2013