User Reviews for Bactrim (Page 4)

Learn more about Bactrim.

Acne 56 reviews 519 medications

Prostatitis 5 reviews 46 medications

2.2
Summary of Bactrim reviews 201 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Bactrim

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Contacted MRSA and received Bactrim for 14 days and cleared. Three years later contacted cellulitus from a wound not taken care of by me. Bactrim took care of it. Dangerous conditions cured with Bactrim."

Hilgy September 16, 2014

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "I'm 27 & struggle with hormonal cystic acne. I have been on this medication for about 3 months now. Prior to Bactrim, I was taking minocycline. Minocycline worked great but I developed a resistance to it in July 2013. From July 2013 I tried doxycycline, then erythromycin. I struggled trying to find a solution with my Kaiser dermatologist until I went to another dermatologist in June 2014. June 2014, I tried Bactrim & it started clearing up my skin 3 days after using it. I was prescribed to take 1 pill twice daily. I take 1 in the morning & 1 at night. This medicine has saved me from depression, feeling dirty & ugly. I hope I don't develop a resistance to it. My skin is completely clear."

Kash04 September 7, 2014

For Acne "I love this. It is the ONLY thing that has ever cleared up my acne (face and body) completely. I've tried Proactiv, Retin-A, salicyclic acid products, benzoyl peroxide products, the sun, avoiding the sun, only skin-healthy foods, enough sleep, etc., etc. and nothing works long term consistently. Life is just miserable when you have to show a pimply face- you are perceived as ugly and not clean. I'll take the risks of too much antibiotic use over being treated poorly for my appearance."

Amy100987 August 23, 2014

For Acne "Bactrim cleared my skin up in less than a week. I did forget to take it for a few days and it did come back, but cleared up right away as soon as I took it twice a day again. "

Former Sufferer in MN (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "Seemed to clear up my infection, but started feeling nauseous the next day. Steadily got worse each day. On the fourth day developed a severe headache but slept it off. Doctor instructed me to stop taking it. Experienced severely high blood pressure. Also made my abdominal muscles feel weak"

anonnn July 31, 2014

For Acne "If you just started this medicine I know you're probably feeling bad about you acne. BUT LISTEN Bactrim works from the inside out and if you breakout in the first few weeks that's fine stick with it because soon your skin will be clear and Bactrim will help stop breakouts from ever happening in the first place soon! Cleared my hormonal acne. I rarely get a pimple and I had moderate to server acne and it was a life saver! Your acne will be cleared in just a few months. I suggest using a topical gel as well. Hang in there it helped me during a rough time in just 3 1/2 months I had a clear face, just a few acne marks on my cheeks only thing that stinks is I'm scared to go off the antibiotic and have a repulse of acne. But I suggest this!"

Anonymous July 11, 2014

For Kidney Infections "Took this medicine for a horrible horrible HORRIBLE kidney infection. Worked within 2 days and cleared up all of my symptoms, which was such a relief. I was told to finish off the bottle by my doctor, and the next day I developed a horrible case if the hives. I stopped taking the medicine immediately, but the hives stuck around for another 3 days. What a miserable week! So, Bactrim worked wonders for my kidney infection, but little did I know I was severely allergic to it. Take with caution."

LindsayNicole (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2014

For Bacterial Skin Infection "If you're ever on antibiotics, it's best to take a probiotic to help with stomach upset. However, I read you should take them as far away from your dose of antibiotic as possible. So, if you have to take it twice a day: take the Bactrim at breakfast and dinner. Then take the probiotics directly between at around lunch time. Taking any antibiotics with food also helps. Certain antibiotics have different food instructions so ask your pharmacist. I'm currently on Bactrim for a urinary tract infection, but I also have an infected hair that's been causing me a lot of pain in my groin so I'm hoping this will help there as well."

ChelleeBelly June 15, 2014

For Acne "I'm 16 now and started using Bactrim when I was 15, I tried many other acne treatments like Proactiv and other topical gels but none of those worked as well as the Bactrim antibiotic! If you just started using this medication give it time it took me about two months to see results but after 6 I had no acne only breaking out occasionally! Wish I had a before and after picture because it was crazy how well my skin cleared. I used to take it twice a day and once my skin was totally clear I only started taking it a few times a week and I started breaking out again and acne came back I'm back taking it twice a day so hopefully it can do the trick again! But I'll post again in a few months if/when I see results in my skin again!"

Anna A June 12, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed Bactrim and felt worse right away. After reading the side effects, I told myself that what I was feeling was normal. I took the prescribed dosage (2 per day) for 5 days, feeling even worst on the 5th day - shaky, diarrhea, headache, nervousness, unable to sleep. Then after some research, I discovered that there also were interaction side effects with my blood pressure medications. "

KittyBee May 10, 2014

For Sinusitis "My body responds to sulfur products. After two days on Bactrim I noticed a difference. By the 4th day I was back to myself. It really helped me."

Fuss box (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2014

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I was first prescribed Augmentin for an infection from a puncture wound near the nail bed of my thumb. It made me feel like I was suffering from morning sickness and did not work. Next I got Flagyl and Bactrim. The culture showed the Staph was sensitive to Bactrim and the wound is SO much better! Yes, there are some side effects (for me, insomnia but I don't know if that is Flagyl or Bactrim) but it is so much better than losing my finger! I also took Florastor with the medication to reduce intestinal upset and experienced none."

BL florida (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2014

For Acne "I started taking this a few weeks ago and my acne is almost 100% gone. My skin feels very soft and smooth as well. It is definitely worth a try. I was on Monocycline before for about a year and my acne began to relapse. Once I started on Bactrim my skin was clear again but I am scared of relapsing since it is still an antibiotic. Drink lots of water as well because you constantly feel dehydrated."

AcneKiller (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2014

For Acne "I had a kidney transplant and Bactrim was prescribed as part of my meds to allay any infections. I'm middle aged and have suffered from acne for years. To my surprise, my acne cleared! A bonus!"

NIMBLE1 March 12, 2014

For Sinusitis "I have been taking Bactrim for sinusitis around a week. I have developed painful sores on my tongue that are not visible to the eye. My mouth itches and burns terribly. It worked for my underlining condition but this side effect is unbearable."

Meggy 5000 March 8, 2014

For Acne "I am 41 years old and have struggled all my life with acne. Having done Roaccutane, Minocycline and every other medication and topical ointment. At 41 I was over acne. This is a miracle medicine. Skin cleared up in about 7 days and is absolutely flawless. Can't speak highly enough of this medicine. I am acne free for the first time in my life. Ask your doctor about this."

myboys14 February 28, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "I just started Bactrim. I have noticed a significant change for the better. For those of you that get yeast infections, eat lots of yogurt if you can. I have found this has helped me in the past."

Anonymous January 5, 2014

For Acne "I took Bactrim for about 1 year and did not get a single breakout during that time. Really works wonders for skin. Now I have been on the maintenance dose to carry on the good work."

Anonymous December 26, 2013

For Sinusitis "Took one dose of Bactrim for sinusitis/bronchitis and 3 hours later face was red. 1 hour following, my face, arms and hands broke out into hives. Had to discontinue and call doc."

shellierh November 15, 2013

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Can't live without having this in by medicine cabinet. At the onset of a suspected boil I take this and problem solved! I have been taking this for many years. Before Bactrim I had boil after boil, scars, and embarrassment. Miracle drug for boils, who cares about minor side effects!!!"

Lirpa13 October 30, 2013

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "I have been taking Bactrim for about a year and a half now. Prior to Bactrim I took everything else. I've had acne since I was roughly 15 and am now 23. Everything I took either left me feeling crappy, or didn't work. In my experience taking Bactrim the first 2-3 months my face breaks out horribly. Then at some time in that period it just goes away. It is absolutely the best acne medication I've ever taken! I have taken it twice."

Ben Jammin October 15, 2013

For Acne "I am 52 with hormonal acne. My cysts were terrible. Did a number on my confidence. I have been on Bactrim for over a year for the cysts and finally something is working. I tried every other medicine with no results. Not sure how long I can be on this but I never want to stop. Afraid if I stop, the cysts will return."

Jmichelle September 7, 2013

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I've had a few skin infections and cellulitis. Bactrim cleared it, visible within 24hrs."

jolly joe August 24, 2013

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection "Took Bactrim for 3 days. Cleared up the urinary tract infection but became very nauseous, weak, chills, sweats, no appetite and shaky. Still weak and somewhat nauseous after 3 days of not taking it. "

GOOGS1951 (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2013

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed Bactrim DS 2x a day for 10 days to clear a urinary tract infection. I was having nausea, acid reflux and intestinal/digestive issues that felt like irritable bowel syndrome or Stomach Flu by the 3rd day. After the 5th day I decided to stop taking it and the infection is gone along with all side effects. I am glad I decided to stop taking it, it seems Bactrim DS 2x a day was a bit too much for me."

Ans247 (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2013

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next