User Reviews for Bactrim DS

Learn more about Bactrim DS.

Bactrim DS Review Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 453 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Bactrim DS to treat Acne

"Having acne for most of your teenage years into your early 20s is not fun. Being a 21 year old who went through Doxycycline and Minocycline, I thought I exhausted all of my options. I saw a few dermatologists who pushed Accutane down my throat. I said no. I went to my family doctor and I've been on Bactrim DS for over 6 months now and it is the best thing that has cleared up my acne. So powerful. I would highly recommend this medication."

Vin202020 June 21, 2015

"This works wonders for my skin! My dermatologist recommended it after I cycled through a few other medications and topicals to no avail (never did accutane, though). I've been frustrated with my skin for years and although birth control definitely helped, I was still breaking out on a fairly regular basis. Once I started this medication the results were almost immediate. Within a week my skin was looking smooth and much less spotty. I very rarely get pimples while on this stuff, although blackheads are still a minor issue. Nothing a little makeup can't fix. So happy that this works so well for me!"

Solferino (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2015

"After 16 years of very severe acne I have finally perfect solution, cleared my face within 1 month. Love it, perfect!"

Hanc (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2015

"I am 24 years old and have struggled with hormonal acne for the past year. I turned into a hermit. I tried a few things with my GP- changed my pill to Estelle- waited 3 months but nothing changed, it only worsened, tried many many many face washes, was prescribed Eryacne and doxycycline, which helped for a short period of time until it came back. I had had enough and decided to get a referral to a dermatologist- I wish I had done this sooner! He gave me Bactrim, which I was to take twice a day for 2 months as well as Epiduo gel. This combination was my saviour! I am now down to 1 tablet a day for another 2 months using Epiduo every second night. This is amazing and cleared up my acne but it does make you VERY sensitive to the sun."

missjess90 September 30, 2014

"I had mild to severe back acne with constant breakouts on my chest and face. My dermotologist prescribed me this specifically for my back acne but thank goodness it cleared up my face and chest! Before on a scale of 1-10 my face and chest were around a 7 but after being on the medication it's now a 1. My face/chest is now flawless and my back is now only left with scars. My back acne was extremely terrible but after using the medication for a few months, it stopped the breakouts and gave time for my skin to heal. I've used this medication for a little over one year now and I do admit you have to be patient with the medicine. As long as you don't pick and touch your problem spots then it should work nicely. I experienced nausea every morning when I take the medication and a loss in appetite but it's not that bad."

LnnVo (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 30, 2014

"Works quite well for me. I have been on every med ever and even Accutane 3 times with no success. I have severe acne and simultaneous all over skin infection. 2 things- dairy if any kind sets it off and it's so much worse. Avoid dairy like the plague. 2- depends on how you skin is infected.my skin gets affected very often with Staph and so Bactrim and Keflex work really well. For people with p. Aches bacteria - erthromycin is awesome. But the sad fact is that over time it won't work as bacteria becomes resistant. I am seeing endocrinologist to find out what foods I am eating that seem to cause my body to make excess hormones and attack my skin. Best of luck all! Don't know what I'll do once I'm off Bactrim. I feel great and zero side effect"

Hartmaa (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2014

"I had a liver transplant and was prescribed this medication as an ongoing treatment to combat bacterial infections that may occur due to being on immunosuppressants. I stopped taking it after one year but then experienced significant acne on my head and chest. I will resume this medication as obviously it has helped."

mustang500 June 23, 2014

"My derm put me on this medicine after trying another. I break out on my chest, and once I started taking the medicine it cleared up in about two weeks. I haven't experienced any side effects!"

ktbaby94 November 3, 2013

"Excellent"

sonya2785 September 1, 2013

"I have been taking this medicine for a week and my pimples are significantly smaller, which is a plus because I've had severe acne for 3 years now. The only problem is that it gives me insomnia, sweats, headaches in the mornings, stomach sickness, and nausea. The side effects are brutal, and I'm considering finding another solution. This is the third acne medicine I've tried and has helped the most, but also affected me the most negatively."

Mandyc1994 (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2012

"I have used this for about 3 wks now and I have more pimples now then when I started. The only thing I have noticed is that pimples are not as large when I am on this. I am going to keep at it for a few more weeks to see what happens. I have had this same response on other antibiotics"

Anonymous June 5, 2011

"I've been using Bactrim DS for the past 2 months now, and it has definitely cleared up my skin. I plan on using it for another 4 months, and then switching to another antibiotics if need be so I don't build immunity to it."

Dia28 January 26, 2011

"I've been using this product for a little over a week now and already my skin is clearing up! I've dealt with acne and post-acne scarring for about 3 years now. I am 16 and I'm so glad i found something thats working! I used it along with finacea (azelaic acid) and my skin just keeps improving!"

Anonymous June 3, 2008