User Reviews for Carafate

Learn more about Carafate.

Reviews for Carafate to treat GERD

Review by SmokyMtnLady (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

I had terrible stomach/esophagial and mid back pain. After a endoscopic procedure, I was found to have GERD, Barrett's esophagus & a small hiatial hernia. The Carafate & Dexilant worked well to calm down the esophagitis pain/spasms/inflammation. The Barrett's esophagus was detected using pathology and even though it was a very mild case, it is a serious disease and I will need a EGD performed yearly. The Dexilant has worked wonders also. The two medicines are working well together. I have not had any side effects from the Carafate. I take 1/2 to 1 tablet, as needed, up to 4 times/day. I chew it up and swallow with a small sip of water or you can dissolve it in water and drink it. Coats the stomach quicker. I have used it for 6 months.

October 10, 2013 12:28 PM

Face swelled, became red, peeled, and caused intense pain and itching simultaneously; eyes reddened and swelled to the point of almost closing; throat became sore; prednisone pack prescribed.

February 13, 2012 2:12 PM
Review by mfirebrand1: User Rating:

I have Barrett's Disease. This helps the pain somewhat but doesn't make me feel well or have an appetite. Maybe not compatible with other medicines.

January 28, 2010 6:10 PM
Review by pattyrabbit: User Rating:

I have intense pain along bottom of ribs and this is the second round of Carafate. It has not helped at all. Still in pain. No side effects from taking it though.

May 6, 2009 1:46 PM