User Reviews for Spironolactone

Also known as: Aldactone

Learn more about Spironolactone.

Reviews for Spironolactone to treat Hirsutism

"I've been on this for barely a week for excessive hair growth on my neck and face. Only side affect present so far is the drowsiness. Barely within an hour and I'm ready to sleep. Only problem is it makes me sleep for a quantity of 5 to 12 hours. Definitely a night time medication."

VicPar (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2015

"I was prescribed Aldactone 100mg for facial hair. At first I had side effects of discomfort in my stomach however I persisted and it stopped. This medication works, it's slows down the hair growth however the side effects out way the results. Irregular periods, heavy bleeding, constipation, feet swelling, appetite and stomach pain, the list goes on. Even though I have reduced the dose from 100, to 75 and further to 50 I will be getting off this."

CarissaA December 21, 2014

"My GYN put me on spironolactone to try and clear up my acne and excess body hair. My acne has gotten a little better, and I no longer have hair on my chin. I still have some hair on my abdomen and thighs, but I've only been on spironolactone for six months. So far, I think it's great."

Anonymous November 18, 2012

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been using this medicine for about 1 month my doctor gave it to me for excessive facial hair. Since I have been taking it. I have noticed the hair grows slower and is lighter and not as course as before but be patient it takes a little while to see results and I believe it will get better with continued use. I did not experience ill side effects with it, in fact I also suffer from adult acne & have tried everything I could find to treat and nothing worked, but I have had no new breakouts after a month and I am just thrilled with the results I am getting. I would recommend it to anyone with facial hair problems!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2012

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have taken spironolactone for almost 3 years now and have been extremely pleased with it's effect on my hirsutism. I used to bleach my facial hair regularly and had dark hair on my arms. Now the fine hair on my face is blonde and hardly noticable and the arm hair is very light and thinner."

Anonymous September 26, 2008

186 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Hirsutism