User Reviews for Spironolactone

Also known as: Aldactone

Learn more about Spironolactone.

Reviews for Spironolactone to treat Hirsutism

My GYN put me on spironolactone to try and clear up my acne and excess body hair. My acne has gotten a little better, and I no longer have hair on my chin. I still have some hair on my abdomen and thighs, but I've only been on spironolactone for six months. So far, I think it's great.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2012 12:09 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been using this medicine for about 1 month my doctor gave it to me for excessive facial hair. Since I have been taking it. I have noticed the hair grows slower and is lighter and not as course as before but be patient it takes a little while to see results and I believe it will get better with continued use. I did not experience ill side effects with it, in fact I also suffer from adult acne & have tried everything I could find to treat and nothing worked, but I have had no new breakouts after a month and I am just thrilled with the results I am getting. I would recommend it to anyone with facial hair problems!

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 18, 2012 1:51 PM

I have taken spironolactone for almost 3 years now and have been extremely pleased with it's effect on my hirsutism. I used to bleach my facial hair regularly and had dark hair on my arms. Now the fine hair on my face is blonde and hardly noticable and the arm hair is very light and thinner.

155 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 26, 2008 12:47 PM