User Reviews for Aldactone

Learn more about Aldactone.

Acne 6 reviews 512 medications

4.6
Heart Failure 1 reviews 115 medications

Hirsutism 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hypokalemia 0 reviews 57 medications Not rated - Be the first
Primary Hyperaldosteronism Diagnosis 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Aldactone reviews 14 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Aldactone

For Acne "I have been taking Aldactone for adult hormonal acne for almost 2 years and I cannot even put into words the HUGE difference it has made. In my early 20's, I began getting horrible cystic acne all over my chin and entire jaw line area. I had used every product available including Proactive, expensive designer dept store lines, Retin-A, birth controls etc...NOTHING helped! I'd have 5-15 painful nodules at once, each lasting 2-3 weeks and most scaring. My self-esteem was ruined, I was ashamed. Finally, at age 28, I went to a dermatologist and started on Aldactone 100mg/day. I saw noticeable improvement within a week and was totally clear in one month! Increased to 150mg/day after 3 months and have had flawless skin since. Truly a LIFESAVER medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 6, 2014

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Edema "No side effects and a lot easier to my metabolism than Lasix"

cp_len February 2, 2014

For Acne "I began this Aldactone 50mg. 2 weeks ago. 8 days later I had a Cyst rupture on my Ovary. (I had a partial Hysterectomy 6mths ago). Not certain if the medicines were a part that will have to wait to be seen. I immediately felt the oil dry and the cyst go away. One of the best is I feel like the redness is gone as well. I love that since 7th grade till my 38th year, years of Accutane a million times, odd antibiotics, birth control, topicals and I FINALLY FEEL FREE of my ugly red skin."

Mrs. Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2013

"Good medicine, effect is better."

Roccky (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2012

For Acne "Great! Works wonders for oily skin and hormonal acne. A bonus is that it helped make me 10lbs lighter. "

NeesaKj (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 11, 2012

For Heart Failure "Didn't work for me. Muscle aches, itch and most importantly it dropped my blood pressure too low along with the other medication I am taking..pressure was 87/54 ...normally I am 130/70. I was exhausted, tired, weak and constantly falling asleep. This medication was not for me. Called doctor he told me to stop taking it, and this was at 1/2 pill dosage."

Anonymous March 24, 2012

For Acne "I've been taking this medicine for about six months for acne, and it has done wonders for me. I saw full results after about 4 months. Other than frequently having to go to the bathroom (it's a diuretic), I've experienced no side effects. My skin is flawless, and all the insecurities I had about my skin--being anxious around the time of my period in anticipation of a breakout, not wanting to leave the house without makeup--are GONE. I've been on Accutane four or five times, and while my skin always did really well for the few months I was on it, sometime afterward I'd begin to get regular breakouts. Aldactone gives me predictably clear skin, I can take it indefinitely, AND it's cheap. If you have hormonal acne, please give this a shot!"

Anonymous February 21, 2012

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I took this medication for four years, all the while becoming less and less interested in sex and unable to achieve an erection. Having gone through 4 cardiologists not a one of them ever informed me that Aldactone is an anti-androgen which blocks muscle and bodily binding of testosterone necessary for it to take effect and also lowers production of testosterone itself. I had to happen upon it on my own. The day I found out is the day I stopped taking it. Giving a male a medicine which renders his testosterone ineffectual may be good for those undergoing a sex change but not for those who are not. There is another potassium sparing drug like Aldactone without the sexual side effects but it is more expensive. "

Anonymous December 1, 2011

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Edema "It has less side effects than other medications."

Anonymous June 11, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "This medicine did lower my blood pressure but after being on it for about 2 months, I began to have trouble urinating. At first I thought I was getting a bladder infection but the symptoms would come and go. Mainly occurring right after I took the pill. I decided to stop taking it for a while to see if the symptoms went away and they did. I also had swelling of my hands and I gained 5 pounds. "

Anonymous April 7, 2011

For Alopecia "It has help me to grow hair back on my head and assist in breast growth"

Anonymous January 14, 2011

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "I am almost 46 and for 30 years have tried everything for chronic hormonal acne (antibiotics, Accutane, all the skin care lines, Retin A). This medication has been a miracle for me. I still get little blackheads / small pimples around my menses, but are barely noticeable. I continue on with my Retin A treatment which helps that. I haven't noticed any side effects. I do watch my potassium intake (no bananas)."

Anonymous March 12, 2010

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "Being almost 30 and having cystic acne I began taking this as a last result. I tried all skin care lines....found myself using Clarins and my skin improved but still I was oily and breaking out on my neck and cheeks. After a couple of weeks I noticed I wasn't waking up with what seemed like a thick layer of oil on my face. I began to break out less and less. My Dermatologist upped my dose and now my painful cystic acne is gone and my skin feels great. Although I find myself very parched at times and you must watch your salt and alcohol intake. I like this medication."

Anonymous October 1, 2009

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Primary Hyperaldosteronism "The effect on blood pressure normalization is almost magic. However, after many years of use, the drop in testosterone has been significant. The drop in libido and desire caused a relationship to fail and the low testosterone aggravated a weight gain problem. By utilizing topical testosterone supplements, libido is much improved and weight loss is possible again."

lunatik96 September 2, 2009

For High Blood Pressure "This medicine treated high-blood pressure, water retention, acne, female/male pattern hair-loss, excessive, unwanted facial hair and is a potassium sparing medicine. It is ideal for sufferers of insulin resistance or pcos. Although it hasn't completely stopped the unwanted hair growth it has been the only thing that has made a significant difference by slowing it down drastically. It has also slowed the hair-loss down significantly in which I am very pleased with."

Anonymous October 19, 2008

151 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate