User Reviews for Aldactone

Learn more about Aldactone.

Reviews for Aldactone to treat Acne

"I have been taking Aldactone for adult hormonal acne for almost 2 years and I cannot even put into words the HUGE difference it has made. In my early 20's, I began getting horrible cystic acne all over my chin and entire jaw line area. I had used every product available including Proactive, expensive designer dept store lines, Retin-A, birth controls etc...NOTHING helped! I'd have 5-15 painful nodules at once, each lasting 2-3 weeks and most scaring. My self-esteem was ruined, I was ashamed. Finally, at age 28, I went to a dermatologist and started on Aldactone 100mg/day. I saw noticeable improvement within a week and was totally clear in one month! Increased to 150mg/day after 3 months and have had flawless skin since. Truly a LIFESAVER medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 6, 2014

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I began this Aldactone 50mg. 2 weeks ago. 8 days later I had a Cyst rupture on my Ovary. (I had a partial Hysterectomy 6mths ago). Not certain if the medicines were a part that will have to wait to be seen. I immediately felt the oil dry and the cyst go away. One of the best is I feel like the redness is gone as well. I love that since 7th grade till my 38th year, years of Accutane a million times, odd antibiotics, birth control, topicals and I FINALLY FEEL FREE of my ugly red skin."

Mrs. Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2013

"Great! Works wonders for oily skin and hormonal acne. A bonus is that it helped make me 10lbs lighter. "

NeesaKj (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 11, 2012

"I've been taking this medicine for about six months for acne, and it has done wonders for me. I saw full results after about 4 months. Other than frequently having to go to the bathroom (it's a diuretic), I've experienced no side effects. My skin is flawless, and all the insecurities I had about my skin--being anxious around the time of my period in anticipation of a breakout, not wanting to leave the house without makeup--are GONE. I've been on Accutane four or five times, and while my skin always did really well for the few months I was on it, sometime afterward I'd begin to get regular breakouts. Aldactone gives me predictably clear skin, I can take it indefinitely, AND it's cheap. If you have hormonal acne, please give this a shot!"

Anonymous February 21, 2012

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am almost 46 and for 30 years have tried everything for chronic hormonal acne (antibiotics, Accutane, all the skin care lines, Retin A). This medication has been a miracle for me. I still get little blackheads / small pimples around my menses, but are barely noticeable. I continue on with my Retin A treatment which helps that. I haven't noticed any side effects. I do watch my potassium intake (no bananas)."

Anonymous March 12, 2010

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Being almost 30 and having cystic acne I began taking this as a last result. I tried all skin care lines....found myself using Clarins and my skin improved but still I was oily and breaking out on my neck and cheeks. After a couple of weeks I noticed I wasn't waking up with what seemed like a thick layer of oil on my face. I began to break out less and less. My Dermatologist upped my dose and now my painful cystic acne is gone and my skin feels great. Although I find myself very parched at times and you must watch your salt and alcohol intake. I like this medication."

Anonymous October 1, 2009

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Acne