User Reviews for VESIcare

Learn more about VESIcare.

Urinary Incontinence 25 reviews 49 medications

7.2
Overactive Bladder 48 reviews 22 medications

Summary of VESIcare reviews 73 reviews 6.6

Reviews for VESIcare

For Overactive Bladder "My experience with this drug wasn't pleasant. I got completely blocked after 5 days of taking the pills and was unable to do both number 1 and 2. Even my period was late, which does not normally happen. I ended up in an emergency room with severe stomach pains. The other side effects such as lack of concentration, tiredness and headache were easy to deal with, it is just a matter of getting used to them. I would have stayed on those pills because I felt less need to urine than I used to, which finally has given me a relief, however I had no other choice then stop taking them, and take pills to help me move the urine and bowel motion out of my body."

Anonymous February 5, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I am a 33 year old female with overactive bladder. Vesicare is the only medication that has literally fixed the problem. I didn't realize how bad my bladder problem was until I started taking it and realizing that I didn't have to get up 3-5 times at night and I didn't have that constant pinching in my bladder anymore. Now the problem is I can't afford Vesicare. I tried using that momentum program they have and that helped bring the price down, but my insurance company changed and now they want me to pay $210 a month. I just can't afford it."

Michelle DS February 1, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence "I started taking 5mg 2 months ago and by the 2nd night I had my first dry night in months and even on the first night it was significantly better. It has completely changed my life. Unfortunately in this last week I have had 2 episodes of incontinence and have become concerned that I might need to increase the dose. Initially I had dry eyes, blurred vision, headache with some nausea but this settled. I am left with blurred vision sometimes. I willingly put up with the side effects as the alternative is untenable."

drynightsareworthit (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I have PPMS/Multiple Sclerosis and have been on .5mg for 2 years, has helped considerably, yes some dry mouth but drink more water. I'm a 54 year old male, and with MS I cannot honestly tell you that I have less or more joint pain as this is what MS is all about, but wetting my pants was no fun! I really can't complain much about side affect's but would like to try to try every other day. Oh, and I still can get an erection! Just need a wife to help on that one!"

Braves#1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 6, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "I am a taxi driver and I had a difficult to driving as I always needed a toilet urgently. After taking this medication within two days big changes in my life. I become a normal person and I can hold urine as long as I want. So far no side effects. Dosage was a 5 mg"

Soloman13 November 18, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I've taken Vesicare for 3 weeks now and my overactive bladder has improved significantly. Before I was back and forth to the bathroom all day at work and nights were the worst. 5 to 6 times throughout the night had my life completly messed up. So far I think I've only experienced dry mouth and I'm hoping that's all I experience because this medicine has changed my life."

Brooklyn Casey October 20, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "Been having cold like symptoms. Running nose, sneezing, stomach pain, constipation, heart beating too fast. I've been taken only 4 days but stopped today. Side effects are too much and they're making me miserable."

LaTrese (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "This is my third time on vesicare. After seeing several doctors with symptoms of UTIs and having pathology determine there was no infection I was diagnosed with urethral syndrome. I usually take 5mg per day and the condition clears up within a week and I can stop the medication. No more tenderness, spasms or urgency. Some dry mouth, but that's easily solved."

DGMcLaren October 14, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I started Vesicare 3 weeks ago. I did help me a little for my overactive bladder but my eyesight is getting very blurry. Also my myopia is worsening. I can read a book without my reading glasses now, so my myopia is worsened by -1. I am going to stop taking it and hope for my eyesight to return to normal."

Ger57 (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "This medication initially was very helpful in helping me get my urinary problems under control. During the first month of treatment, it caused extreme dry mouth and dry eyes. By week six,it caused heartburn and upset stomach. At first, I did not make the connection between the drug and my symptoms, but after thinking about it, the possibility of Vesicare being the culprit became very real to me.. I used this website to confirm my suspicions. I have decided to inform my doctor and curtail daily usage, less things get worse."

Geeta 7 September 15, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "Caused dry mouth, headaches, weight gain and pain in lower back. Now seeing a physio as my back hurts so much. I'm on 10mg a day. Within one month running to the toilet was normalised and I slept all night without needing to get up numerous times. Someone else mentioned affect on eye sight. I have experienced this too but hadn't thought to link it to the drugs."

Tori1979 September 11, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "This is my second day on Veslcare. I will not take it another day. My throat and tongue are on fire and I feel very nervous and anxious. The first day it did help my overactive bladder, but the side effects are not worth the benefit. This was a sample from my doctor so I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it."

JWilmeth September 4, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "Taking 1/2 a 5 mg tablet which has reduced the number of times I needed to go to toilet. I find that vesicare causes blurry vision, memory. Some memory problems and dry mouth. I take Movicol am and pm ( laxative) and Biotene for dry mouth and also feel somewhat tired and lack motivation. I hope in 3 month when I trial not taking it for 2 weeks will work as the side effects and the price of tablets make me short tempered."

Ginnyredhat August 21, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I love this. I don't go all the time and the flow is strong. I had dry mouth in the beginning but that is subsiding. I don't have any other side effects. It feels great to sleep through the night without going. I feel normal again."

ladyrevette August 9, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "Have been on Vesicare for 3 or 4 years now and am on 10mg a day. I remember the doctor saying that dry mouth can be a side effect but now after reading all these comments about constipation and pain etc I'm a little concerned that she never warned me about these, although I have never experienced these if I had done I would have not connected it to being a side effect from the medication. I notice that if I stop taking it for a week or so things get bad and I have no control whatsoever. I feel like I will be on this medication for a very very long time but I guess its worth it. Even though I am taking 10mg a day I still go toilet a lot but I have some control back which is great, people still comment on the amount of times I go toilet."

Sillysocks101 April 30, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I started taking this medication and within a few days I noticed the bottom of my feet were getting sensations like air bubbles. At first that did not bother me but then it turned painful. As soon as I stopped the bubbles were less intense and went away after a few more days. The accidents I had were still there. I did not seem to have any effect on the frequency either."

under 30 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "I am stopping this medication because of the side effects. I am too weak to walk farther than about 20 feet without stopping--bent over and holding on to something. I cannot function this way. I The pain in my upper abdomen is awful. Also, I experienced nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, tightness around the chest and severe fatigue. I loved not having to get up at night, but the near diarrhea caused other problems. I sleep almost 10 hours per night and take frequent naps. I have been told I am pale and walk like a drunken sailor. I am stopping this medication because of the side effects."

wet in indiana (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "I took Vesicare for interstitial cystitis and it was life changing! I'd go to the bathroom about every 7 to 10 minutes for a period of about 5 hours during the day and 3 to 4 times at night and pretty much incontinent. I was miserable. Only side effects I had was dry mouth and constipation. But me only going to the bathroom every few hours, less pain, and not waking up at night was worth it to me. I Lost my insurance that paid for it and had to be off of it for a year and just now got assistance for it through my dr office pharmacy and I couldn't be more happy to get back on it and start feeling better!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2014

For Overactive Bladder "My doctor wanted me to switch from Detrol LA to Vesicare to see if it controlled overactive bladder better. For a couple of days, it seemed to. I was going less often and the flow was strong. Then the Vesicare started irritating my prostate and I felt discomfort and/or burning much of the time. I took an OTC painkiller to ease that, and it helped somewhat. Then, after about 2 weeks' use, I started getting mild headaches and severe neck pain. It felt as though I had been bitten by a wasp, but the pain didn't subside like an insect bite. The pain was in the nerves, not deep in the muscle. I also developed dry mouth early on. I am stopping taking the Vesicare and will return to the Detrol LA, which never caused a problem."

Glenndateacher August 12, 2014

For Overactive Bladder "I have been taking them for 5 days, no results problem same as it is."

ali bhai sb August 11, 2014

For Overactive Bladder "Taking Vesicare for overactive bladder and bladder irritation. I have been on this for over one year. It helped somewhat for the overactive bladder and irritation. Makes my mouth very dry and blurred my vision pretty bad. I don't know if I will continue this medication as I do not think the side effects are worth it. Also made me BLOATED."

gez (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Incontinence "I started using Versicare about 7 months ago and it worked fantastic. Side effects is going to make me stop it today, dry mouth, raspy voice, blurred vision, sore throat, constipation and leg cramps (we use to call them charlie horses) I am 81 years old and can't stand the pain in my leg all day and night is worse. But for the incontinence it was a blessing not to have to run to the bathroom every few hours and not make it home from shopping without being wet. I have tried Detrol but get terrific headaches from that. Will see my Dr. and hopefully we can work something out. I am on the 5 mg."

fredag March 24, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I am only 26 and was going to the bathroom every hour, and sometimes every half an hour during the day. I took Vesicare for 7 months and saw a decent decrease in the amount of trips to the bathroom. However, I was often constipated, bloated, had a headache, and experienced a change in eye prescription. I stopped taking the medication and switched to another. It took 6 months before my eye prescription stabilized to where it had originally been before Vesicare."

123987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 11, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "Took this medicine along with Uroxatral for slow stream and urinary frequency, both secondary to radiation cystitis caused by brachytherapy. Vesicare caused slight mouth dryness at 5mg, severe mouth dryness and bad taste at 10mg. "

Gyndocal (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2014

For Overactive Bladder "I took one dosage, and it made me ill."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2013