User Reviews for VESIcare

Learn more about VESIcare.

VESIcare Review Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 63 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Incontinence.

Reviews for VESIcare to treat Urinary Incontinence

"I am stopping this medication because of the side effects. I am too weak to walk farther than about 20 feet without stopping--bent over and holding on to something. I cannot function this way. I The pain in my upper abdomen is awful. Also, I experienced nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, tightness around the chest and severe fatigue. I loved not having to get up at night, but the near diarrhea caused other problems. I sleep almost 10 hours per night and take frequent naps. I have been told I am pale and walk like a drunken sailor. I am stopping this medication because of the side effects."

wet in indiana (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2015

"I took Vesicare for interstitial cystitis and it was life changing! I'd go to the bathroom about every 7 to 10 minutes for a period of about 5 hours during the day and 3 to 4 times at night and pretty much incontinent. I was miserable. Only side effects I had was dry mouth and constipation. But me only going to the bathroom every few hours, less pain, and not waking up at night was worth it to me. I Lost my insurance that paid for it and had to be off of it for a year and just now got assistance for it through my dr office pharmacy and I couldn't be more happy to get back on it and start feeling better!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2014

"I started using Versicare about 7 months ago and it worked fantastic. Side effects is going to make me stop it today, dry mouth, raspy voice, blurred vision, sore throat, constipation and leg cramps (we use to call them charlie horses) I am 81 years old and can't stand the pain in my leg all day and night is worse. But for the incontinence it was a blessing not to have to run to the bathroom every few hours and not make it home from shopping without being wet. I have tried Detrol but get terrific headaches from that. Will see my Dr. and hopefully we can work something out. I am on the 5 mg."

fredag March 24, 2014

"Wow! My urinary incontinence started several years ago and I've been wearing pads. I decided it was time to let my doctor order me a pill. He gave me samples of Vesicare and I have taken them for one month. They really worked for me. Now when I get the urge, I head for the bathroom immediately but I have not wet my pants. I have not had the side effects that some of you have had. I have had a "raspy" voice a few times but chalked it up to postnasal drip which I've always had but even that has cleared up some so maybe that's the "dry mouth" part of it but it's certainly is not a problem..I still have lots of saliva. It's expensive even with my insurance covering 80% but after reading other medicine reviews, I guess I'll stay with it."

Nohoch October 17, 2013

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been using Vesicare for approximately one month. It really does work; however, the side effects are too bothersome for me to continue using. My mouth is constantly dry, and I have a seriously terrible sore throat and hoarse voice. I could deal with the dry mouth, but not the sore throat."

beehubb March 15, 2013

"Prescribed for urinary incontinence, notably stress incontinence. I started with 5mg (eventually began10 mg.) of Vesicare and it worked overnight. When I am running low on tablets and payday is off in the future, I have good success with taking 10mg. every other night. Side effects: 1. Very dry mouth, but good excuse to drink more water; keep TicTacs handy; over time it has greatly diminished. 2. Drowsiness: I started taking it at night. 3) Constipation: drank more water and took a daily stool softener until my body readjusted."

Kate1247 February 24, 2013

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"At the age of 59 and after 2 bladder surgeries, I was beside myself with my leakage problems. I have been taking Vesicare for 5 weeks now and am a totally new person. I no longer run into the house making a beeline to the bathroom. I can control my urge until I get the the bathroom. No massive leaks or unable to stop. Vesicare started working after 2 days. As far as I can tell, I have no noticeable side effects."

loualla (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2013

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I tried the medication first with the other medications given to me by my doctor. Then I tried it while off the other medicines. Both times I got totally debilitating headaches. They affected both the head and the stomach. I have given it all the chances I am willing to give. "

califgirl510 (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2013

"I am a young and very ctive woman - I've had numerous bladder and kidney infections which have weekened my urethra - I started off with the patches but I ended up getting a severe reaction to the sticky stuff, so I've now been taking 5mg tab for a year and the difference is amazing, I am back to my full fitness without weeing myself. The only side effect I get is a really dry mouth, but that's better than nothing."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2012

"I took Vesicare l hr before dinner. About 1am, woke up with severe abdominal pain. Thought I would have to go to the Emergency room. Then I started with diarrhea and the pain subsided. "

twenty2 (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2012

"I take Vesicare for bladder spasms/irritable bladder. Vesicare has helped with the spasms, but I have blurred vision, and fatigue. I am going to continue to take Vesicare at this time, but I am thinking I am going to have to do something different soon."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2012

"I was wearing continence pads and feeling so self conscious and miserable. My incontinence is down to nerve failure from neuropathy. I am 43 and felt like my life was over. After 1 tablet my life changed. I have been on it for 6 months now and never have to wear a pad. Yes I have horrible dry mouth but I consider that a small price to pay to have my freedom back."

geekygirl April 23, 2012

"I have used Vesicare 5mg for 14 days and it worked well this first week. Now I'm back to wearing pads and I'm experiencing cloudy urine with a hint of blood, blurred vision and a 5 lb weight gain. I've stopped this medicine, obviously it's not right for me. Hoping to try something else."

Anonymous March 4, 2012

"This worked great but I now have very blurry vision and will stop taking this."

Anonymous November 1, 2011

"I tried Detrol LA for quiet some time, but still had "accidents". I switched to VESIcare and have not had any accidents. I have been taking it for over a year now and I am very pleased with the results."

Anonymous August 15, 2011

"Seemed to help the first month but after that it didn't and it gave me the dry eyes."

Anonymous March 9, 2011

"From the first day I started VesiCare, my urges stopped. I'm now able to get to the bathroom without accidents."

Dahlia308 February 26, 2011

"I have had three surgeries for stress and urgency incontinence and I kept a diary as to how many times I had to go to the bathroom per 24 hour period as my Mayo Doctor requested. 14 plus times per day ! I started on Detrol and had depression symptoms so I was switched to Vesicare. 100% better ! I would recommend this to anyone. I feel like I have my life back."

young Grandma May 19, 2010

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Nice to know there is help out there for an embarrassing problem."

willp July 1, 2009

"I have suffered from urinary urge incontinence for a number of years. It has gotten worse over time until now, I have had no control at all. My doctor prescribed Vesicare and I have been taking it for two days so far. I can't believe the difference. I am now able to control the urge and even postpone the length of time between toilet visits. It will be so nice to be able to leave home and not worry that I'd better pass a toilet every half hour while I am gone."

Anonymous June 10, 2009

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've suffered 15 years with incontinence. This medication has changed my life."

Anonymous May 18, 2009

"I've used several different medications, but Vesicare has been the best for relieving stress incontinence and especially urgency. It's not 100% but I'd give it at least a 90%. Makes leaving home much easier."

Anonymous December 2, 2008

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"So far this drug is great. My bladder does not squeeze me into the bathroom anymore."

solifenacin October 13, 2008