User Reviews for VESIcare

Learn more about VESIcare.

VESIcare Review Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for VESIcare to treat Overactive Bladder

"Have been on Vesicare for 3 or 4 years now and am on 10mg a day. I remember the doctor saying that dry mouth can be a side effect but now after reading all these comments about constipation and pain etc I'm a little concerned that she never warned me about these, although I have never experienced these if I had done I would have not connected it to being a side effect from the medication. I notice that if I stop taking it for a week or so things get bad and I have no control whatsoever. I feel like I will be on this medication for a very very long time but I guess its worth it. Even though I am taking 10mg a day I still go toilet a lot but I have some control back which is great, people still comment on the amount of times I go toilet."

Sillysocks101 April 30, 2015

"I started taking this medication and within a few days I noticed the bottom of my feet were getting sensations like air bubbles. At first that did not bother me but then it turned painful. As soon as I stopped the bubbles were less intense and went away after a few more days. The accidents I had were still there. I did not seem to have any effect on the frequency either."

under 30 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015

"My doctor wanted me to switch from Detrol LA to Vesicare to see if it controlled overactive bladder better. For a couple of days, it seemed to. I was going less often and the flow was strong. Then the Vesicare started irritating my prostate and I felt discomfort and/or burning much of the time. I took an OTC painkiller to ease that, and it helped somewhat. Then, after about 2 weeks' use, I started getting mild headaches and severe neck pain. It felt as though I had been bitten by a wasp, but the pain didn't subside like an insect bite. The pain was in the nerves, not deep in the muscle. I also developed dry mouth early on. I am stopping taking the Vesicare and will return to the Detrol LA, which never caused a problem."

Glenndateacher August 12, 2014

"I have been taking them for 5 days, no results problem same as it is."

ali bhai sb August 11, 2014

"Taking Vesicare for overactive bladder and bladder irritation. I have been on this for over one year. It helped somewhat for the overactive bladder and irritation. Makes my mouth very dry and blurred my vision pretty bad. I don't know if I will continue this medication as I do not think the side effects are worth it. Also made me BLOATED."

gez (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2014

"I am only 26 and was going to the bathroom every hour, and sometimes every half an hour during the day. I took Vesicare for 7 months and saw a decent decrease in the amount of trips to the bathroom. However, I was often constipated, bloated, had a headache, and experienced a change in eye prescription. I stopped taking the medication and switched to another. It took 6 months before my eye prescription stabilized to where it had originally been before Vesicare."

123987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 11, 2014

"Took this medicine along with Uroxatral for slow stream and urinary frequency, both secondary to radiation cystitis caused by brachytherapy. Vesicare caused slight mouth dryness at 5mg, severe mouth dryness and bad taste at 10mg. "

Gyndocal (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2014

"I took one dosage, and it made me ill."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2013

"I am a male with overactive bladder. Initially treated for prostrate problem, as usual for men, but I have no prostrate difficulty. Asked Dr. for Vesicare, afrter reviewing symptoms on internet sources. Vesicare is targeted at women by the drug co. Astellas, but I had the same symtoms. Started with the 5mg dose, and my symtoms significantly improved within first few days. Severe bathroom urges every hour or two. Woke up to pee several times at night, sometimes every 2 hours; miss a bathroom, and pee in pants. A week later after starting Vesicare, get up once a night, or not at all, and bathroom visits are once in 3-5 hours. Wow, got my life back. Only nasty side effect is constipation, cured by taking pill less frequently than daily."

vonhoho (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2013

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Over the past few years I have tried all the medication for a overactive bladder that is available through my doctors. This medication for me is the best one, it works really well and I have no symptoms of an overactive bladder and helps with my bladder leaking. The only reason I did not give it 10/10 is the side effects dry mouth, thirst, and I do feel very tired when taking this tablet."

Busymum6 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am a 27 year old female. I started noticing that I was going to the bathroom on average 12 times a day. I was losing sleep because I would get up 2 or 3 times a night, at work I was constantly running to the bathroom what seemed like every hour. I went to my obgyn who gave me a test and started me on 10mg of Vesicare. Within the first day I saw instant results. I have been taking it for over a month and about 2weeks ago I started to have severe abdominal pains, constipation and lower back pains, as well as light colored poop. I lowered my dosage to 5mg and everything seemed to get better until today. Same severe side effects again. I had to stop taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2012

"I have been on different medications for the past year to treat overactive bladder. I would also be unable to make it to the toilet before I needed to empty my bladder. I have been on Vesicare for 3 days. Fantastic, I cannot believe the difference. No more embarrassing moments, I am dry all day and night. I can make it to the toilet in time. I am no longer waking up throughout the night needing the toilet. No side effects also which I found with all the other medication I have tried. I was considering surgery but I don't think i will need to have surgery now."

Anonymous August 19, 2012

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This worked great for me in regards to my overactive bladder. Sadly, it also made me feel like I had a urinary tract infection most of the time. NOT a good feeling."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2012

"Little positive results. Caused excessive dry mouth and markedly reduced ejaculate."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2012

"5mg is not effective 10mg is too strong I would like a 7+mg tablet"

Anonymous April 14, 2012

"It worked with taking another overactive bladder medicine. But eventually I experienced severe fatigue, blurred vision, weight gain and mostly it caused me intimacy problems. I discontinued it, got it all back."

Very Disapponted. March 8, 2012

"I have been on this for about a month but I am needing the toilet more often and it is maaking it hard for me to go, I also find it makes me very tired."

dd100 February 6, 2012

"The relief from 'leakage' was moderate to good, but I continued to have to use feminine hygiene pads. I was 'down' to six changes a day, which was a real improvement. However, I had no idea what real constipation was about and how severe it could be until Vesicare. All in all, the cost/benefit ratio just wasn't there. Speaking of cost, the price was outrageous. "

Anonymous December 2, 2011

"Worked for a month then now symptons returning. I have also suffered from a lack of appetite and have put weight on although no-one else has mentioned this."

Anonymous September 14, 2011

"I think it works great. Only been on it for over a week and is helping."

Anonymous April 7, 2011

"Effective at stopping bladder pain but suffered very bad oral and nasal dryness so had to stop. Also suggest try not to drink alcohol for bladder pain."

Anonymous March 17, 2011

"I got positive results after the first tablet. I stayed with the medication for two weeks but had to discontinue use due to constipation. In fact the constipation was so bad in the second week I was giving myself enemas to get relief. "

Anonymous March 5, 2011

"Product works great, however I did experience some side effects, especially when I first started taking it, nothing that wasn't in the information though. I had fairly severe pain in my chest similar to heartburn pain; but this went away over time, and I only occasionally experience minor now (been on it for a year). I also did experience a little blurred vision at first, but again it has gone away. As I am only 43 years old, my doctor I might be able to take it for a few months then stop, but that didn't work, had to go back on it again. Now I take it every other day, which is about 95% effective, but to me worth the trade off of not taking so much medication at my age."

cgal0520 March 3, 2011

"I was going to the bathroom all the time. It was horrible, on vacation finding bathrooms everywhere we went. After I started Vesicare I only go to bathroom 1 or 2 times all day long. I have had no side effects at all and feel great. I have been taking it for almost 1 year."

Anonymous January 31, 2011

"Vesicare was working but the side effect (dry mouth) was severe. I have to stop taking it."

lacimozes November 17, 2010