User Reviews for VESIcare

Learn more about VESIcare.

VESIcare review summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for VESIcare to treat Overactive Bladder

Review by Glenndateacher:

My doctor wanted me to switch from Detrol LA to Vesicare to see if it controlled overactive bladder better. For a couple of days, it seemed to. I was going less often and the flow was strong. Then the Vesicare started irritating my prostate and I felt discomfort and/or burning much of the time. I took an OTC painkiller to ease that, and it helped somewhat. Then, after about 2 weeks' use, I started getting mild headaches and severe neck pain. It felt as though I had been bitten by a wasp, but the pain didn't subside like an insect bite. The pain was in the nerves, not deep in the muscle. I also developed dry mouth early on. I am stopping taking the Vesicare and will return to the Detrol LA, which never caused a problem.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2014 6:02 PM

Review by ali bhai sb:

I have been taking them for 5 days, no results problem same as it is.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2014 11:19 PM

Review by gez (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Taking Vesicare for overactive bladder and bladder irritation. I have been on this for over one year. It helped somewhat for the overactive bladder and irritation. Makes my mouth very dry and blurred my vision pretty bad. I don't know if I will continue this medication as I do not think the side effects are worth it. Also made me BLOATED.

April 12, 2014 4:04 PM

Review by 123987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I am only 26 and was going to the bathroom every hour, and sometimes every half an hour during the day. I took Vesicare for 7 months and saw a decent decrease in the amount of trips to the bathroom. However, I was often constipated, bloated, had a headache, and experienced a change in eye prescription. I stopped taking the medication and switched to another. It took 6 months before my eye prescription stabilized to where it had originally been before Vesicare.

March 11, 2014 7:18 PM

Review by Gyndocal (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Took this medicine along with Uroxatral for slow stream and urinary frequency, both secondary to radiation cystitis caused by brachytherapy. Vesicare caused slight mouth dryness at 5mg, severe mouth dryness and bad taste at 10mg.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2014 3:42 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I took one dosage, and it made me ill.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 5, 2013 7:23 PM

Review by vonhoho (taken for less than 1 month):

I am a male with overactive bladder. Initially treated for prostrate problem, as usual for men, but I have no prostrate difficulty. Asked Dr. for Vesicare, afrter reviewing symptoms on internet sources. Vesicare is targeted at women by the drug co. Astellas, but I had the same symtoms. Started with the 5mg dose, and my symtoms significantly improved within first few days. Severe bathroom urges every hour or two. Woke up to pee several times at night, sometimes every 2 hours; miss a bathroom, and pee in pants. A week later after starting Vesicare, get up once a night, or not at all, and bathroom visits are once in 3-5 hours. Wow, got my life back. Only nasty side effect is constipation, cured by taking pill less frequently than daily.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2013 4:11 PM

Review by Busymum6 (taken for less than 1 month):

Over the past few years I have tried all the medication for a overactive bladder that is available through my doctors. This medication for me is the best one, it works really well and I have no symptoms of an overactive bladder and helps with my bladder leaking. The only reason I did not give it 10/10 is the side effects dry mouth, thirst, and I do feel very tired when taking this tablet.

August 14, 2013 10:20 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am a 27 year old female. I started noticing that I was going to the bathroom on average 12 times a day. I was losing sleep because I would get up 2 or 3 times a night, at work I was constantly running to the bathroom what seemed like every hour. I went to my obgyn who gave me a test and started me on 10mg of Vesicare. Within the first day I saw instant results. I have been taking it for over a month and about 2weeks ago I started to have severe abdominal pains, constipation and lower back pains, as well as light colored poop. I lowered my dosage to 5mg and everything seemed to get better until today. Same severe side effects again. I had to stop taking it.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2012 8:16 PM

I have been on different medications for the past year to treat overactive bladder. I would also be unable to make it to the toilet before I needed to empty my bladder. I have been on Vesicare for 3 days. Fantastic, I cannot believe the difference. No more embarrassing moments, I am dry all day and night. I can make it to the toilet in time. I am no longer waking up throughout the night needing the toilet. No side effects also which I found with all the other medication I have tried. I was considering surgery but I don't think i will need to have surgery now.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2012 4:21 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

This worked great for me in regards to my overactive bladder. Sadly, it also made me feel like I had a urinary tract infection most of the time. NOT a good feeling.

August 9, 2012 5:04 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Little positive results. Caused excessive dry mouth and markedly reduced ejaculate.

June 13, 2012 3:21 PM

5mg is not effective 10mg is too strong I would like a 7+mg tablet

April 14, 2012 2:57 PM

Review by Very Disapponted.:

It worked with taking another overactive bladder medicine. But eventually I experienced severe fatigue, blurred vision, weight gain and mostly it caused me intimacy problems. I discontinued it, got it all back.

March 8, 2012 7:33 PM

Review by dd100:

I have been on this for about a month but I am needing the toilet more often and it is maaking it hard for me to go, I also find it makes me very tired.

February 6, 2012 4:47 PM

The relief from 'leakage' was moderate to good, but I continued to have to use feminine hygiene pads. I was 'down' to six changes a day, which was a real improvement. However, I had no idea what real constipation was about and how severe it could be until Vesicare. All in all, the cost/benefit ratio just wasn't there. Speaking of cost, the price was outrageous.

December 2, 2011 10:49 PM

Worked for a month then now symptons returning. I have also suffered from a lack of appetite and have put weight on although no-one else has mentioned this.

September 14, 2011 3:57 PM

I think it works great. Only been on it for over a week and is helping.

April 7, 2011 7:50 AM

Effective at stopping bladder pain but suffered very bad oral and nasal dryness so had to stop. Also suggest try not to drink alcohol for bladder pain.

March 17, 2011 9:14 AM

I got positive results after the first tablet. I stayed with the medication for two weeks but had to discontinue use due to constipation. In fact the constipation was so bad in the second week I was giving myself enemas to get relief.

March 5, 2011 11:11 PM

Review by cgal0520:

Product works great, however I did experience some side effects, especially when I first started taking it, nothing that wasn't in the information though. I had fairly severe pain in my chest similar to heartburn pain; but this went away over time, and I only occasionally experience minor now (been on it for a year). I also did experience a little blurred vision at first, but again it has gone away. As I am only 43 years old, my doctor I might be able to take it for a few months then stop, but that didn't work, had to go back on it again. Now I take it every other day, which is about 95% effective, but to me worth the trade off of not taking so much medication at my age.

March 3, 2011 5:49 PM

I was going to the bathroom all the time. It was horrible, on vacation finding bathrooms everywhere we went. After I started Vesicare I only go to bathroom 1 or 2 times all day long. I have had no side effects at all and feel great. I have been taking it for almost 1 year.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2011 3:32 PM

Review by lacimozes:

Vesicare was working but the side effect (dry mouth) was severe. I have to stop taking it.

November 17, 2010 8:07 PM

Exacerbated acid reflux and stomach pain but definitely reduced frequency.

November 16, 2010 11:23 AM

Review by fire_guy:

VESIcare seems to be helping. Took Detrol LA for 2 months with some improvement. Changed to VESIcare for a month and went from going 18 times a day to 10 to 12, and only getting up once most nights. I am only 36 and still active and the only side effect I have noticed is I have stopped sweating. Real pain with my job (I'm a firefighter) but just try to think ahead and take measures to cool off as quick as I can.

July 14, 2010 7:09 PM