User Reviews for Sovaldi

Learn more about Sovaldi.

Hepatitis C 17 reviews 17 medications

7.9
Summary of Sovaldi reviews 17 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Sovaldi

For Hepatitis C "Just started sovaldi/ribavirin. I've been through 3 courses of treatment for hepcg2 since 1992, interferon alone, peginterfon ribavirin, the same again but increased doses. In each case viral load was undetectable for 3months but then reappeared. Each time the viral load increased from 3m to 8m to 12m to the present 22m. And each time the percentage for a successful completion of the course of treatment go down. I hope this time will be different, but not confident it will. As for side effects, they've become old friends. (the kind your glad to see go) Hang in there."

Rainchex (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2015

For Hepatitis C "With genotype 1 Hep C, I took Sovaldi/Ribavirin/Pegylated Interferon for 12 weeks this past summer. There was 0 viral load after 4 weeks, 0 after 12 weeks. After 9 months, the viral load returned at 1,496,000. I engaged in no behavior that causes Hep C - no needles, no sex; I did not drink any alcohol. My doctors' only answer is that the cirrhosis of the liver was so bad (compensated cirrhosis) that not all of the virus was cleansed out of the dead parts of the liver with just 12 weeks of Sovaldi. I am now on the Harvoni for 24 weeks, hoping that the longer regimen of the two drugs - Sovaldi and Ledipasvir - will totally clean out the virus from the liver."

Nathaniel1950 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2015

For Hepatitis C "With genotype 1 Hep C, I took the Sovaldi/Ribavirin/Pegylated Interferon for 12 weeks this past summer. There was 0 viral load after 4 weeks. 0 after 12 weeks, after I had finished taking the drugs for all 12 weeks. After 9 months, the viral load returned at 1,496,000. I engaged in absolutely no behavior that causes Hep C - no needles at all, no sex at all, no drugs at all; I did not drink any alcohol. My doctors' only answer is that the cirrhosis of the liver was so bad (compensated cirrhosis) that not all of the virus was cleansed out of the dead parts of the liver with just 12 weeks of Sovaldi. I am now on Harvoni for 24 weeks, hoping that the longer regimen of the two drugs - Sovaldi and Ledipasvir - will totally clean out the liver."

Not a Sovaldi Fan July 25, 2015

For Hepatitis C "I have four days left of treatment, which has been for six months. The side effects have been mental for me. Anxiety, depression, insomnia, mood swings, irritability and rage all come and go randomly. The virus was undetected at four weeks and this is my first treatment. I won't know until three months post treatment if the virus will stay gone, but it's gone right now. I am genotype 3A."

Wildpast2 July 22, 2015

For Hepatitis C "Have only been on Sovaldi (and Ribavirin) for three days now, so only have side-effects to report on so far. Sovaldi seems to be causing the following: shortness of breath, acid reflux, diarrhea, and a horrible itchiness around my mouth and lips. All but the itchiness are tolerable--the itchiness is preventing me from eating or drinking much liquid, and I hate it. But I remain hopeful that this combo will cure the Hep C I have had for about 43 years now!"

MargueriteW July 2, 2015

For Hepatitis C "I've read a lot of forums about the Sovaldi treatment but my experience after my 3rd week went south, difficult moving, loss of strength, vomiting, nausea, fatigue, no appetite, different muscle pains, back and side aches; at first I said this is a cake walk compare to the interferon. But I'm still thankful & had a clear test, one more month to go & I'm very grateful!"

Jeremy2911 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2015

For Hepatitis C "My mother has liver cirrhosis and had no option but liver transplant. After taking Sovaldi just 24 days, virus is in undetectable range. Million Thanks to GILEAD and Sofia MICHEL, its innovator."

mansoor667 June 11, 2015

For Hepatitis C "After 30 days of taking meds the hept.c is not showing up in my blood.I would recomend it to anyone."

jmbro June 10, 2015

For Hepatitis C "After 4 weeks on Solvaldi and Ribavarin, my viral load is "0", not detected! I'm due for my 8 week test and hope that it will reveal the same, and maybe only have to be on it for 12 weeks. No side effects whatsoever, in fact, I feel great!! Thank you~~"

Lady Aggie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2015

For Hepatitis C "I took Sovaldi with Ribavirin, I have to say this combination is FANTASTIC!!! I took the meds for three months, and I didn't experience ANY side effects- aside from a little drowsiness. Most of it is mental. I took the pills as directed, and just acted as if they were vitamins. My hep c was UNDETECTABLE after just one month- and my blood tests still remain that way... I am blessed to have found this medicine. I would recommend to ANYONE who wants to take this medication, to do so. Absolutely no reason not to! Good luck!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2015

For Hepatitis C "In 2001 had liver transplant. Still had Hep C. Received Sovaldi in a Giliead program only for Hep-C with transplant patients. Free. Cured. 8 months out. No side effects worth mention. Didn't miss a beat. Caught from transfusions, 1981, Discovered 1995, Transplant 2001, Cured 2014."

Gallagheeeer (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2015

For Hepatitis C "I had Hep C genotype 2, and I am on week 9 of the 12 week treatment, and my labs came back last week and the hepatitis virus was not detected. The treatment is working! I tested negative for hep C! Wahoooooo! I repeat, the virus was NOT DETECTED in my bloodwork. Im taking Sovaldi and ribavirin, and the side effects for me, were manageable...headaches, fatigue, and that vague, flu-like ache in the joints but I am able to work 40 hours a week and I gladly suffer the mild to medium side effects, because I'm CURED. I'm CURED. The worst part about all this is my insurance only covers 80% of my extensive bloodwork/labs, so I'm on the hook around 1000$, so far, but I only pay 15 for doctors per visit, and 15 a month for meds."

brookie123 August 31, 2014

For Hepatitis C "I am a 52 year old female. After giving birth to my first son in 1982 I required blood due to complications from my sons birth, I was 21 years old. Last year around October, 2013 I went for a colonascopy because I had been feeling very tired and just a generalized sick feeling to the point of feeling like I was dying. I have been taking Enbrel for RA since 2002 and with all the side effects and warnings I was convinced I most probably had some form of cancer. I found out I had been infected with the Hep C virus when I received the blood transfusions in '82 and although I have a liver panel blood work up every three months since starting Enbrel my liver panels all came back normal. I started Olysio and Solvaldi, cleared virus in 27 days"

Blessedlysaved (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2014

For Hepatitis C "I am 10 weeks into the 12 week treatment with interferon, ribavarin, and Sovaldi. This is my 2nd time around on treatment. My first was with interferon, ribavirin and Victrelis. I relapsed the first time and was very very ill during the entire 7 months. This treatment with Sovaldi is a cake walk. The side effects are so minimal compared to last time. I am ill, weak, have insomnia, bone pain and fever but I can do this for 12 weeks if it means a cure. I am so thankful for Sovaldi. I was very hesitant to start treatment again but I am so glad I did. My insurance covered some and Sovaldi covered the difference up to $5 per month. Thank you."

Kathy x 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2014

For Hepatitis C "I've been on a Sovaldi, Interferon, and Ribiviran treatment for 5 weeks. My doctor says my viral load is ZERO! I still need to take it for 7 more weeks but I am EXTREMLY happy! Yes, I am wiped out, I can't work, but the reward is HUGE!"

Larry C May 23, 2014

For Hepatitis C "I cannot rate the medicine yet. I am only taking it for 2 weeks, I am tired all the time and weak. I have cirrhosis and I am going into stage 4 Hep C which I believe is end stage. I will not stop taking it, but my wife is complaining that all I do is lay around and sleep. I mean I am exhausted. I am a business man of 70 years old and I always get up at 5AM and run until 9 or 10 pm. If this medicine knocks out the virus, I will take it for 6 to 8 months like the Dr. said. As far as having no side effects go, it may not be as bad as interferon, but it does have some side effects. They are tolerable. The worst part of taking Sovaldi is the cost. "

magicfrog (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2014

For Hepatitis C "I take it with Olysio. 1 pill of each daily. I have had little to no side effects and it wiped out the viral load in 1 month."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2014