User Reviews for Sodium biphosphate/sodium phosphate

Also known as: Disposable Enema, Fleet Enema, Fleet Enema EXTRA, Fleet EZ-Prep, Fleet Phospho Soda, OsmoPrep, Pedia-Lax Enema, Phosphate Laxative, Visicol

Learn more about Sodium biphosphate/sodium phosphate.

Constipation 10 reviews 236 medications

Bowel Preparation 4 reviews 112 medications

6.2
Summary of Sodium biphosphate/sodium phosphate reviews 14 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Sodium biphosphate/sodium phosphate

Review by badexperience:

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: Used Fleet for bowel prep before a sigmoidoscopy. It was extremely painful, made me sick to my stomach for hours, the chills and shakes, increased heart rate, cramping even after I emptied my bowels.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2014 11:38 PM

Review by BowelBertha (taken for less than 1 month):

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: I was having HORRIBLE cramps from being so constipated and knew instantly to go buy a Fleet. Cleared everything right up! No more cramps either!

March 16, 2013 6:04 PM

OsmoPrep (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: After about the third set of 4 pills each followed by 8oz of water I had projectile vomiting. I was so sick and in so much pain. I thought it was going to be a great alternative to the liquid prep which I can not tolerate at all. Now a week later and I am still having bloating, stomach cramps, black bowel movements, weight gain and very swollen ankles (which is something I have never suffered from). I also did not take the last set of 4 pills and had to give myself a fleets enema to complete the prep. I noticed afterward however that it says to use caution if taking lisinopril and oxycodone so perhaps that is why I had such a difficult time.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2012 12:10 PM

Review by Allen1957:

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: I used to use warm soapy water as this is what I received as a child and continued as an adult. Now I use a fleet enema and it works just as well with less bother. This is also great when traveling. No bag to hang and nozzle and hose to wash.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2011 9:43 PM

Review by Fatass Bob:

Fleet Enema EXTRA (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: I'm a big eater and I can't empty out as fast as I load up. Sometimes I'm on the road waiting for the next rest stop. And when I get there, usually nothing happens. This is why I love the Fleet Extras, you can carry a couple in your pocket and they are ready to help you when your only chance is that one stop along the interstate for the next two hours.

September 2, 2011 10:13 AM

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for : Only used 3/4 of it and had relief in 5 minutes.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2011 11:30 PM

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: It works.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2011 2:25 PM

Review by JILLO:

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: Well, it didn't empty all my bowels, as one replier stated, but, after surgery, and 9 days of no bowel motion...It was the only thing that broke up the "plug" and I'm thankful for that. Only used two of them in two days, broke up plugs both times, and now I'm waiting for the "rest of the story". I'll try and let you all know.

November 28, 2010 11:37 AM

Fleet Phospho Soda (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: Very strong but gentle. Box says wait 30 min to 6 hours. Found from personal experience that you don't take this unless you plan on staying home. It always took 2 hours to work for me so once I took it and then ran some errands, expecting to be home in 45 minutes-plenty of time of course (since it was the only time I ever took it and left home) it started working in 30 minutes as the box said. Once you feel a "gurgling" feeling in your intestines you better get to a bathroom. Fortunately I was close to home but barely made it home since my insides had turned to water. Once it starts working I have a few watery movements over 2 hours then all is well. No cramping, tastes better if diluted with lots of cold water. Drink it as fast as you can.

October 28, 2010 2:30 PM

Review by CHECK_UP:

OsmoPrep (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for : This is my experience with OSMOPREP: Procedure was at 4pm Thursday so the directions state to stop eating 12 hours before starting treatment 1. I ate dinner at 5:30 Wednesday and nothing after that. Started taking only 3 pills with 8 oz of water Thursday 5:45 am . after each pill taking I took a walk to prevent bloating and nausea. It worked well plus the walking seemed to make room for more water. So after 5 glasses of water and 15 pills things were good. The treatment started working about 1 hour after the first pills and 15 minutes between.

June 11, 2010 4:11 PM

OsmoPrep (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: I also couldnt keep the liquid down, so I used the pill. After 45 minutes the medicine kicked in with no cramps or bloating. I did mine at 1pm and 7pm. I turned into bed at 11pm and only had to get up once. Slept great and had my test at 10am the next day.

March 29, 2010 11:21 AM

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: It gives you immediate relief! YAY!

March 9, 2010 10:00 PM

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: Very good, after about 5 minutes and I went to the toilet, I cleared all my bowels

January 18, 2010 11:26 PM

Review by mister5:

For Constipation: I have blockages that develop over time high up in my intestine, very bad and bothersome. This product has done more for me then all the rest together. I will miss it. I hope the claims against it are found to be exaggerated and can hardly wait to use it again.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2009 10:56 PM

OsmoPrep (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: Osmoprep was so easy to use. I could not even swallow one glass of the gallon prep, yet swallowing pills with your choice of liquids that taste good to you was the difference between my having a colonoscopy or taking my chances. My colonoscopy was yesterday and it all went great. I'll recommend this to everyone.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2008 9:58 PM

Fleet Phospho Soda (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for : This site provided information not on the bottle. For example, taking it with 4 oz. of water. It was yukky to drink straight.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 7, 2008 12:35 AM

Review by TCA2500:

For Constipation: I am a fairly healthy 71 year old male. All my life I have been going 10 to 14 days between bowel movements. Over the years my doctor has given me various prescription and non-prescription drugs to try and shorten the time between movements. None worked. Three years ago, on my own, I discovered FLEET ENEMA. This is a great product. I now have movements every two or three days. Feel great. Sometimes I have to use 2 or 3 bottles to clear everything out. I highly recommend this product.

September 2, 2008 4:19 AM