User Reviews for Zoloft

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 520 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by Mj fan85 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Before Zoloft I was depressed, stressed about everything. The depression got worst once my mom was diagnosed with cancer. I began Zoloft a month ago. I am on 200mg along with Xanax. I haven't had much of an appetite but I am happier and am now able to sleep better. Things don't bother me and if I'm upset I feel no urge to harm myself or cry all the time. I am able to be the wife and mother my family needs me to be. Thank you Zoloft.

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2012 1:30 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: I've been taking Zoloft for just over four weeks and it's effects have been dramatic. I was initially prescribed 50mg, which was way too high of a starting dose for an individual with panic disorder. The first few days were awful, as I experienced a dramatic increase in anxiety and feelings of intense dread. I was dropped down to 25mg and given a prescription of Klonopin to hold me through the titration period. I am currently taking 75mg and have noticed a marked improvement in my condition over the past few days. Overall anxiety is significantly decreased, below levels prior to the development of my panic disorder. CBT has been very effective as well in developing a healthier relationship with my anxiety.

December 11, 2012 3:37 PM

Review by seb1960 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I started on 25mg for couple of weeks then went to 50mg. Started having more side effects such as bad headache that lasted for several days. Have kind of numb feeling, don't want to go out and socialize much.

December 10, 2012 8:14 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: On about a week now and feeling like my life is changing. I don't feel like complete garbage everyday, I don't over think everything, and I'm much happier. First day was the worst but then got clonazepam and it made the first period feel MUCH better. Loving it so far!

December 10, 2012 5:47 PM

Review by I love Zoloft:

For Depression: I started using Zoloft on Wednesday the 5th of December 2012. Todays date is the 8th of Dember 2012. 4 days, it has only taken 4 days for me to feel like a new person. I have been on it before, therefore i know what side effects to expect. Everybody is different but i suffered from loss of appetite, headaches, nausea, a bit dizz, lower back pain, trembling hands. This only lasts for a week or two. I used to cry for no reason (even at work), snap at my partner for stupid things, i was paranoid over everything, socially scared (always wanted to stay home). I haven't cried since being on Zoloft, nor snap at my partner. I am a new person now. I'm so happy and look forward to my new life. 100/100.

160 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2012 11:25 PM

For Depression: The first time I took Zoloft, it was a life-saver, it dragged me out of a deep depression and alleviated most of my anxiety, allowing me to get out of the house and get a job and live a normal life, with no REAL noticeable side-effects, (at higher doses it became difficult to orgasm, but I just didn't take as much and I was fine) 12 years later I tried it again, after falling back into severe depression, anxiety and agoraphobia. It did help, but this time not nearly as much. It lifted my mood and helped me have less mood swings. It barely touched my anxiety and agoraphobia, plus this time around the sexual side effects were devastating. The effort it took to have an orgasm was unbelievable! Even at a dose of only 50mg.

December 3, 2012 1:25 AM

Review by MaryKate564 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Before taking this, my hands and feet were always so cold, my depressing mood I just could not shake off, I was irritable and hopeless, a drone, living day to day. I finally turned to my doctor for help. It surprised me to find out that my being cold, even in the heat of the summer, had to do with anxiety! Within the first day of taking this medication, I felt instant relief. The will to live flowed in my veins right down to my fingertips and toes. I feel alive again, no longer cold, no longer hopeless. I am happy to be me and so very thankful that this type of medication exists! It's obvious by this board that it helps a lot of people just like it helped me. One Symptom: Yawning! So, I go outside for deep breathes of air.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2012 11:50 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Depression and anxiety hit me like a brick wall about six months ago. I have always had a bit of anxiety, but nothing like recently. My psychiatrist prescribed Zoloft and the side effects were unbearable. My mood became much worse, threw up, more suicidal, etc. I only took it for two days. I am so happy this works for certain people. Depression and anxiety is pure torture.

November 16, 2012 12:06 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I swore that if Zoloft worked for me, I would come back here and write a review. I hope this gives some people hope who are too scared to take it or try something new. I was first put on Lexapro for serious anxiety, which then led to depression. I was on that for about 9 days. It was terrible! Made my anxiety way worse, vomitting, couldn't sleep. So then I was put on Pristiq. I took it one day (fast acting) and felt so weird, shaking out of control, sick to my stomach, etc. FINALLY. I was put on 50mg of Zoloft. I am on my 4th week of it now and I can honestly say I feel like myself again! Only side effect was extremely tired. So I started taking it at night and that has helped! Good luck!

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2012 10:28 AM

Review by CMT01:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I started this two months ago to help with my light depression and anxiety problems as a long-term replacement for Xanax. So far I haven't had to use my Xanax in almost a month. I didn't think this would do much but I was wrong. The first two-three weeks I had some mild nausea and tiredness but that went away pretty quickly.

October 29, 2012 6:23 AM

Review by KatieJJ (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I am 18 and have been on a daily dose of 25mg of Zoloft for about two months now. Anxiety was literally making my life hell. I cried all the time, had crippling panic attacks, and had terrible derealization/depersonalization. I was hopeless, but afraid of taking medicines. I'm so glad I did anyway... I have only had one side effect, a bigger appetite, and I could feel a huge difference within a few days. It literally gave me my normal life back. I want to share this everywhere to help people like I know I needed help. Talk to your doctor.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2012 10:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I started taking Zoloft about three weeks ago. I have noticed various symptoms, I grind my teeth quite a bit which brings on headaches, I yawn constantly and I am always tired (even if I have eight hours sleep). I have not experienced any weight gain as yet, or any other symptoms associated with this medicine. I used to have panic attacks every second day, I have not had one since I started taking Zoloft which is a great outcome. I did get a bit panicky in a social situation two days ago, though was able to control my emotions so I didn't have a panic attack. So far so good.

October 21, 2012 9:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: Zoloft has been a life saver! I have been on this medicine for about 7 years now. Two kids (3 and 6 months) later I still have to use this medicine, and it works miracles. My husband deployed to Afghanistan and I do not think I could of made it through that time while taking care of our kids without this medicine. The only side effects I had were loss of appetite, tired, and mild headaches but that only lasts about a week. If your just starting this medicine hold on I promise this will help you feel like you again!

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2012 10:51 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have always had really bad anxiety. I started taking Zoloft when my daugther was 2 and I wish I had started it sooner. It helped a lot with my anxiety. I'm no longer mean to people and my rage is gone. It really saved my life. What I don't like is it makes me too relaxed. I just want to sleep all day and its really hard for me to lose weight. I do exercise everyday also to help with the anxiety.

October 7, 2012 8:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I've been taking Zoloft for 3 days on a doctors recommendation and don`t notice any of the the benefits yet. I have felt a whole bunch of side effects including nausea, loss of appetite, drowsiness and diarrhea. I'll be seeing the doctor in two days and from what I understand these side effects should decrease over time.

October 7, 2012 9:50 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I noticed a change almost immediately in my energy levels, moods, and alertness. I would reccomend it to any of my family and friends.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 4, 2012 1:16 PM

Review by poppyjuice (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I have been on this medicine for 3 month for my PTSD and I find it has helped somewhat, I can think straight, calm, centered. It's wonderful in combination with Lyrica for my GAD in which I'm in the-4% that gets euphoria from it.

September 18, 2012 5:29 PM

Review by clarkdaniels (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I was put on this for depression. The first day I took it, I got extreme fatigue and it took so much willpower to get up and do anything. I just did not want to move. I also got out of breath doing the simplest things, like getting out of my car and standing up. I was a total zombie. These symptoms decreased within a few weeks, but it was awful to get through. In addition, I was 130 lbs. when I began taking it and blew up to 209 lbs. over one year despite not eating more or exercising less. It also didn't help my depression. So in the end it did not help me and I gained 79 lbs. in one year. As soon as I stopped taking it, my weight dropped down to 160 lbs. without doing anything.

September 13, 2012 9:10 PM

Review by Rif Raf:

For Depression: This is my second time on Zoloft. The first time it was recommended and prescribed by my physician for Hep C treatment. I had CRAZY side effects but back then I could not distinguish which medicine was causing this. I could not eat, trembling, sweats, etc. Two years later and Hep C cleared (ya-hoo) I found myself anxious and severely depressed. I was prescribed Zoloft 50mg and I have been taking it for two days. I have lost two pounds cannot eat, sleep and my head feels likes it going to explode with worry and pressure. I called my doctor but of course he was not in, so I got a professional opinion from a friend who told me to stick it out that the symptoms would subside.

September 7, 2012 1:14 PM

Review by magua (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I have been taking Zoloft now for a couple of months. I started at 25mg for 7 days and then 50mg for about 6 weeks. Now I am up to 100mg a day. I have been diagnosed with panic disorder and agoraphobia. I have noticed a difference in the anxiety I have when I am at home, but I still struggle to go into public without supplementing with Ativan. I have just been prescribed Buspar, so I will be curious to see how that addition helps my anxiety. In the past, I have tried Celexa and Wellbutrin which did nothing for my anxiety. I will continue to take the Zoloft, but I would like to get rid of the Ativan if at all possible.

August 23, 2012 10:54 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have been on Zoloft for only a week and cannot believe how immediate the positive effects are. I had been taking Effexor for two years for low grade social anxiety. Whilst it was highly effective for the anxiety, I went from 120lbs to 150lbs in a very short time (very distressing as I am only 5'2'') and I completely withdrew socially. I also felt completely unhinged and even suicidal if I accidentally skipped a day. A week ago I switched to Zoloft (with only a day's gap in between my cessation of Effexor). Within an hour of taking it I felt better. I have felt like my old self again--exercising daily, dropping weight each day, feeling social--even a little sexy (!) and laughing more. Thank goodness I switched medicines.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2012 7:47 AM

Review by Erider (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have suffered from depression for a long time, but never believed it. I always said "It's a rough patch, I'll come out of it soon" ..8 years on, I was down and out and suicidal. My Dr. recommended Zoloft. I was skeptical and afraid of playing with my emotions. I thought depressed was just "Me". But I gave it a go, after 3.5 weeks, the most wonderful thing has happened. I feel NORMAL. I can cope with my day, I am hopeful about the future. There were side effects for the first week, I took my pill at night which helped and kept up the exercise, they passed. If I can give any advice it's don't be afraid to take control of your body and don't feel guilty if you decide to try medicines, listen to your Dr. You deserve to be happy.

155 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2012 9:08 AM

For Depression: I have been taking Zoloft (100mg) per day for a couple of years now. I have tried to come off them once with a complete relapse into depression. Nearly a year later and on doctors advice I am to try Allegron, but first I have to stay off Zoloft for 4 days before I start the Allegron. Apparently it can take up to two weeks for the Allegron to kick in. I am only 3 days into my detox from Zoloft and I feel terrible. I'm not sure I can make it another two weeks! Does anyone else on this site go down hill so quickly from Zoloft?

August 19, 2012 9:22 PM

Review by scorpio1961 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I was prescribed Zoloft many years ago and after only taking it once without any instant results I stopped using it. I was on active duty and had been deployed several times by then. Years went by and a new physician urged me to take Zoloft and I used it this time to ease me into a restful night's sleep. It worked wonderfully and the following day was easy going. I was a little hazy the following day as a side effect and my tummy was griping loudly. I lost weight and am still losing which will have me call the company and back the truck up to my house! No complaints here! I feel mellow but still connected to what is happening. I don't feel "high." Each person's experience will be different for sure and I am hoping for the best results for all.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2012 5:46 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I am in my 30s and have been experiencing debilitating panic attacks since I was a teenager to the point where I could not function on a day-to-day basis. Sertraline seems to be very effective in blocking this reaction. I feel like myself again, thank God. I no longer have racing thoughts and all the physical reactions of panic. This is my second time taking it, first was for PPD and it helped then too. I did have side effects for the first 4-6 weeks, including dry mouth, insomnia, and a foggy out of it feeling, but it all lifted.

August 15, 2012 6:02 AM