User Reviews for Zoloft

Depression 295 reviews 76 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 636 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Zoloft

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I started Zoloft in July. I never wanted to be on medication this was my last resort. I was a wreck mentally. I was only stable the week after my period, I would get very moody. My moods range from depression to panic attacks and so forth. The first 3 days were the hardest, the medicine seemed to make my symptoms worse than after about day 5 I felt the medicine start to do the opposite effect and I was more at ease. I am completing my fifth month on Zoloft and I am sure glad I started it. I am back to my old self but I'm not zoned out. I still have my real emotions, I'm just not as touchy as I was before Zoloft. I can get through the little things without having a mental breakdown."

Hopeful Again (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2013

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Before I started taking Zoloft for depression and anxiety I was also suffering from insomnia. Was taking Ambien and Valium to help but the Ambien was not really helping my insomnia. Maybe get 3 hrs of sleep or 5hrs on a good night. Suffered from panic and anxiety attacks. Went to therapy and after some time Dr Recommended Zoloft. Was hesitant at first but could not live like this anymore so I started taking it about a year ago. Zoloft is the best thing I could have done. The first week or too I had side effects. But soon after depression lifted anxiety gone. I sleep great now."

mickey780 December 11, 2013

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "The first time I tried Zoloft I hated it, made me feel very nauseous. My doctor wanted me to start on 50mg for 5 days and then go to 100mg, I never made it to day 3 on 50mg. SO I decided to try half of a half approximately 25mg and that worked fine! After 5 days I went to 50, then 5 more days 100, no problems! What I noticed that at the end of the first week was I was more at ease. It not only helped my social anxiety but also reduced my general anxiety too stretching out my Xanax for when I really needed it the most. Worth noting I also take Wellbutrin with the Zoloft and while it's not perfect, I am very happy and pleased with this combination."

IndieVisible (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2013

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Currently on 8th day of 25mg Zoloft. Experiencing Insomina and increased anxiety."

kc1234 (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2013

For Panic Disorder "Zoloft saved my life and my marriage. I am so grateful to the doctor who put me on this 9 weeks ago. A few side effects at start up but that went away in a matter of days and it has been smooth sailing since. Tons of energy, up early, great sleep, and I'm not binge eating. I've even lost 8.5 lbs. I was skeptical at first and hated the fact that I needed medication for anxiety and depression, but I'm really glad I gave it a shot. For now, I will continue on this medication."

Anndiva (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2013

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I went through a bad period of depression after a job loss, and I tried Lexapro first for treating it. The Lexapro made me extremely tired all the time so my doctor switched me to Zoloft. Zoloft ended up being much better for me. The main things it has helped me with are getting back to actively participating in life and being able to be more level-headed in stressful situations. The side effects I have had are reduced libido and slightly reduced appetite. Also, the first week or two after I started and after a dosage increase I had more significant side effects, like being more depressed and anxious than usual and being angry. But once I got through that I started feeling better than I had felt in a long time."

Alice627 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 24, 2013

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "This pill is a miracle for me. I've been taking it for about a month now, and within four days my nagging depression, anxiety and paranoia were almost completely eliminated, which I had not expected at all. My Obsessive Compulsive Disorder has also calmed down significantly since taking it, and my overall demeanor has changed from angry and suspicious all the time, to happy and full of energy."

Jamid076 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2013

170 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "It helps a ton for anxiety. :)"

Brxxke (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 21, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I have been on Sertraline/Zoloft (on different doses at different times for different occasions) for about 6 years now, and it has helped me a tremendous amount. I highly recommend it."

Brxxke November 21, 2013

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Been on 50mg for 2 days now (started for a week on 25mg) and now that I take the higher dose my mood is a bit better but my social anxiety it loads better, the feeling of making people laugh is amazing when you are not afraid to speak, although maybe not drink on this? I had 3 drinks and became so upset and depressed."

rob1239 November 19, 2013

For Depression "I had Social Anxiety, and depression and some OCD thoughts, but on Zoloft after the first day taking it I had a clear mind, and I feel free and in control of my life. Some side effects though mild for me was feeling tired on the first day only, and not being able to fall asleep at night, but overall no side effects over here. But I am only on Day 2."

Lauraaa92 November 13, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was diagnosed with PMDD and prescribed cyclical Sertraline. I can remember the day I started my period thinking how did that happen without all the stress anger and drama. I aliken it to having gas and air during labour. It just takes the top off the emotion and prevents the explosive outbursts of uncontrollable anger. I honestly thought i just had normal pmt until I saw my doctor, who upon asking me a list of questions, said the only one id replied no to was suicidal thoughts but it probably wouldnt be too long before I got there. Apart from a nasty headache on day 2/3 this drug has literally saved my family life."

goodasnew (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 12, 2013

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I highly recommend trying this medicine. I've been suffering with extreme anxiety/ocd for years. Tried lexapro(bad weight gain & didnt feel any different), elavil(did the same as lexapro) and pristiq(made me feel worse). Finally I went to a psychiatrist & he immediately put me on zoloft 25 mg (sertraline) & small dose of xanax (alprazolam). We planned out to slowly iincrease up to 200 mg within a few months. Eventually made it to the max dose 6 months later, along with CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy). I’ve had a few side effects (memory loss, stomach problems) but that's it. I can finally go throughout my days & function. Some days are just crap though, which happens. Changed my life & am so thankful."

Kris Marie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 11, 2013

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Changed my whole life."

shammy414 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2013

For Depression "I am 74 yrs old and have been taking 100 mg of Zoloft once a day for 10 yrs. But I am feeling some depression and my Doc wants to increase to 150 mg per day. I sure hope this works. Also, not sleeping well, only about 4 to 5 hrs each night."

grands (taken for 10 years or more) November 5, 2013

For Depression "I have been on this for 3 days now and on the first day I got severe sharp head aches in the back of my head and didn't feel as hungry as normal, second day I wasn't hungry at all and felt a little sick and today I woke up and almost fainted and my vision was blurry and i had a loud ringing in my ears and almost threw up and I've been dizzy all day and barely eaten. The side effects are horrible, but im going to stick with it to see if it works."

Sally123456 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2013

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Zoloft has really helped my life a great deal you never understand how much you needed help until you get treatment and be able to see such a better difference in your live but it all starts with you and yes its a journey but its one worth taking"

zoloft4unme (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2013

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Zoloft has changed my life. I used to feel like I wanted to stop living. I had anxiety with racing thoughts, feeling short of breath, social anxiety, and obsessive bad thoughts. I no longer feel suicidal and my irritability has gotten 100% better. I still get short of breath sometimes and worry about things but overall just feel so much more even keeled. I waited a month before taking it after getting the prescription because I didn't want to take meds and felt like it was a cop out. I'm so happy I decided to give it a try. I haven't gained weight and don't feel like my emotions are dulled. I feel happier and more hopeful. Strongly recommend."

Marta1010101010 October 30, 2013

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "After 1 month of losing my girlfriend and her mom in a horrible head on collision and balling my eyes out everyday feeling sooo lost i needed help!! Doctor put me on Zoloft 50mg for the first week to up it to 100mg thereafter... im on day 4 & feel much better already not thinking so much of my loss. The only sides ive felt are slight headache & slight nausea but now i have put down the box of kleenex from crying soooo much & can relax better ...im going to continue to take it cuz the thinking of my loss constantly was nothing less than the worst time of my life ."

Rippedinhalf (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2013

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I am not the same person when I'm off this medication, the difference is nearly night and day. I'm so much happier, I have heaps more confidence, and all in all my life just works better when I'm on it. I only came off it as a trial but I went back on after a month; I don't like the way I am without it I'm irritable, and cry easily and obsess about everything! That has eased up so much and I am generally much happier and more able to get on with my life :)"

sashaw October 27, 2013

143 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I've never tried med's because I always assumed I was normal until I was forced by my wife to get help because I couldn't beat this on my own so I was prescribed Zoloft 50mg twice a day and now I feel a lot better."

bettermenow (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2013

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I'm 20, and on my fifth day on sertraline, and I'm already feeling great! I have generalized anxiety and social anxiety, which had caused me to feel extremely nervous even around close friends and family. I hardly spoke in groups, and people thought that I was just being quiet because I was a quiet person, when really, I was just afraid that my voice would shake and make me look stupid. My first two days on sertraline were a bit tough. I had a presentation which caused me a lot of anxiety, even more than usual (maybe because of the new chemicals in my body). But somehow, my presentation was very successful, and after it was over, I felt so accomplished. Since then I am noticing some fantastic changes. I'm becoming optimistic about my life."

ahgei (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2013

For Depression "I just wanted to say that if you find a medication that works well for you, stay on it! The mistake that I have made and others make far too often is to quit the meds once you feel better. If you feel bad before you find the right med that makes you feel better, then you should keep in mind that it is the med that's working. If it's working, stay on it. If you have been diagnosed. With ADHD or Bipolar, or a combination like many have, it's probably not going away...it's there to stay. I will agree that it sucks being labeled with any mental condition, and I know it's no fun taking meds, especially meds for the head....but if they work, and you need them...stay on them! Life is short, so enjoy it as much as possible!"

Framous October 25, 2013

198 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "i never knew what it meant to be manic until i started taking Zoloft. My OCD got worse and I was so jittery, yet felt so high on life nothing could stop me."

MAMA P (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2013

For Panic Disorder "Just like you, I was reading these reviews a few months ago when I finally made the decision to give medication a try. I hope this review helps and gives you comfort. I've been on 50 mg for seven weeks now.Started at 25mg for the first seven days. The first two weeks saw a spike in anxiety just like I figured. But I stayed with it, and I'm so glad I did. I had a pretty intense panic attack the first week, but I noticed something: I didn't stress out about having another one like I usually do. By the third week the panic attacks and panicky feelings were pretty much gone. I've also noticed that my mood has lifted, and I can fall asleep much better at night. This is my first ssri, and I really regret not seeking help sooner"

Anonymous October 21, 2013