User Reviews for Zoloft

Depression 296 reviews 76 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 645 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Zoloft

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have been suffering from anxiety for at least 15 years on and off due to being in a high pressure corporate role, coming to terms with my sexuality and 4 hectic years due to several life changes both personally and professionally. I decided 2 years ago enough was enough and tried Effexor for 12 months for my anxiety, it worked but I was in a haze all the time and it was horrendous to get off that stuff. I then had to go onto Lexapro which was a nightmare to get on and while it did work well and my anxiety stopped I still felt medicated. I then tapered off Lexapro, for 5 months unmedicated and was feeling okay then my anxiety came back worse. I am now on day 3 of Zoloft and I feel better with no bad side effects. Fingers crossed."

karmann79 March 12, 2013

For Depression "This medication has turned me around and I had none of the side effects. I initially requested it from my doctor because, whilst I did not really have any problems, I had a negative outlook despite trying to be positive and I was not enjoying 'life' at all. It has really helped with all this and as an added bonus I feel that I have more energy. I went back to my doctor and said "We hit the nail on the head". Previously I was looking for the magic vitamin pill to help reduce my stress and increase my energy levels. I tried vitamin B, Iron, and multivitamins to no avail. I no longer feel the need to take any vitamins at all. I'll continue to take this as needed and have no reservations about taking anti-depressants."

Blossomangel March 8, 2013

169 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have struggled with anxiety for years, and I've improved Obsessive Compulsive Ddisorder in a way that would increase my quality of life. I've been taking 50 to 250 milligrams Zoloft for the course of almost 7 years, and I've been getting 5 to 8 hours of sleep everyday. I was getting from C's and D's in school, to mostly A's and B's, and my memory was becoming crystal clear. When I've decided to go down to 25mg, I've began to experience more anxiety, more depression, more insomnia, more OCD-like symptoms. Even if I had a good day under 25mg of Zoloft, I wasn't confident about myself and didn't like the person that I was becoming. I'm telling you, this medication does work to treat your anxiety, it's just it takes time to work."

AnxietyIsBad (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 1, 2013

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have suffered from obsessive compulsive disorder and generalized anxiety for years. Anxiety, depression and bipolar run in my family and for some reason I have been hesitant to get on medication. I have a very stressful job and am currently in graduate school...and finally decided enough is enough. I have been on Zoloft for 2 days and I can already tell a difference. The tightness in my chest is gone from chronic stress and I feel happier. I am kicking myself for not getting on this medication earlier."

Justtoostubborn February 25, 2013

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have suffered from depression for about six years now. I am a female and about to turn 22. I was put on Zoloft because I recently began to experience severe anxiety over little things. Walking around campus terrified me. I couldn't go through drive-thru's or phone someone I didn't know. My mood swings were becoming ridiculous and I had been having more obsessive suicidal thoughts. I started Zoloft 50mg and everything was wonderful for a month then it wore off. I slipped back into severe depression. I just started taking 100mg and feel so much better! The only side effect I have experienced are a little insomnia, slight loss of appetite, random hand twitching, and some forgetfulness. I finally enjoy life and don't want to just give up."

SeaTurtle16 February 25, 2013

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have now been on this medication for 6 days and I'm seeing a terrific change not 100% yet but it's giving me light and life back again. I am loving this change I didn't think I was helpable. I thought I was too far gone but slowly am making a come back."

Shull (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "After being diagnosed with PMS my doctor prescribed Sertraline on a cyclical basis. I take the tablets two weeks before my period and I can honestly say they have saved my life. I remember being so shocked when my period started for the first time on them because I hadn't had any of that awful build up of anger, depression and frustration. It was like a lead weight had lifted off my shoulders. I felt normal again."

Pyjamas February 17, 2013

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Very good experience with Zoloft. My Dr prescribed vitamin D for my dead sex drive, but I'm not waiting for that to improve. "

Mothman454 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 15, 2013

For Depression "My boyfriend of a year started on Zoloft 5 months ago, after trying many antidepressants. He totally lost his sex drive, and it changed his personality completely. He was no longer romantically interested in me and left me after 4 months on Zoloft. We would only reconcile on days when he didn't take his medicines. He recently switched and I hope the new medicine is an improvement."

Anonbf February 13, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was on Lexapro for almost 5 years for depression, but told my Doctor about the extreme anger, anxiety and more depression I had been having, so she immediately switched to Zoloft. It's now been two months on Zoloft, and zero PMDD symptoms. My family is so glad I found this medication! "

Lisa T. (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2013

For Depression "I started these pills when I was 12 for anxiety and depression and now I am 19. They work, that is to say I'm not suicidal and I can function in society, but I have certainly had side effects. No sex drive and cannot orgasm, terrible nausea and headaches, jaw clenching, vivid nightmares, and mood swings. It is definitely a give and take medicine if you can live with the effects."

Taelor (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 3, 2013

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I first used Zoloft in 1999 for post traumatic stress disorder. At that time I was on 50mg, it allowed me to function very well. Now I am being treated for Major Depression, Anxiety, and PTSD. I started 50 mg 7 days ago, today I am to up my dose to 100 mg. The only side effect I have noticed is tiredness so far. The one benefit is I have not cried everyday which is a triumph as I had been doing that on a daily basis several times per day. Still am anxious about large crowds and overly watchful of my surroundings. I will post again after my check up with my progress the end of February. Good luck to you and I wish you recovery, we all need that."

cynthnrth (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2013

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I can remember being on this for just two months last year. What did improve while I was taking it was my concentration--I started reading every book in sight. I stopped taking the Zoloft because I thought it made me sick to my stomach and also gave me tics. I guess I should have waited out the side effects because I thought my ability to read was fantastic."

DHH (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2013

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have OCD/general anxiety and depression as a result. I was considered a very severe case. A few months after the worst time in my life, I am happy and healthy. I am managing anxiety/OCD a lot better and I have VERY rare bad days. I have been taking Zoloft with therapy for a little over six months. I experienced about a week of side effects (nausea, increased anxiety, fatigue) but over quickly. I get away with taking 50 mg. Apparently the most common side effects are weight gain and loss of interest in sex. I am happy to say I am experiencing NEITHER! I gained a little bit of weight (5-10 lbs) in the last few months, but I lost about 30 lbs before Zoloft due to anxiety-linked anorexia. Now without depression/OCD, I finally have my sex drive!"

moww January 30, 2013

For Depression "Zoloft is amazing. I was put on Lexapro when I was about 18, gained about 20 lbs and felt like a numb zombie for about a year. Tried Celexa for about a year- a little better, but I was still getting very depressed. Then I tried Zoloft (50mg for a month and 100mg since). I've been on it for about 2 years. Depression and anxiety is minimal. I rarely have to use my Xanax. The only side effect I've had is dry mouth but it's minimal at worst. My appetite and sleep patterns are normal. As with the others I've tried, my sex drive is very low and I had moderate headaches for the first couple of weeks, so I won't pick on Zoloft for that. Overall, extremely satisfied, I can't imagine my life without it."

Weepsie January 28, 2013

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I'm a 31 year old female, 5'7", 115 lbs. I originally started 50 mg Zoloft when I was in college. Combined with 10 mg Buspar it did wonders for my depression and anxiety. I weaned off after 4-5 years and was off of it for 5 years, doing well until recently. Over the past year I've been battling horrible insomnia and my anxiety became unbearable. I started back on Zoloft in August. The first week I started I an immediate improvement in my anxiety. My insomnia has yet to improve though, so my doctor kept increasing the dose, eventually peaking at 125. Currently on 100 mg and planning on getting off of it soon, as I've become more jittery and insomnia has become worse lately."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 27, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I was experiencing horrible panic attacks about 2 weeks ago. It lasted days. Extremely fast heart beat, not being able to breathe, literally I thought I was going to die. I went to the hospital twice and they checked me out but said I was ok, I went to my doctor the day after the second hospital trip and he put me on 100mg of Zoloft and 1 mg of Ativan, I've been on Zoloft maybe a week and it has worked good on stopping my symptoms and panics but its not at 100 percent as I still feel pretty uneasy but in time I feel it will continue to benefit me, I know you have to give it more time to fully work. My side effects are bad nausea, restlessness, and cloudy head which has went away pretty much."

Jon C. (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2013

For Panic Disorder "Sertraline (Zoloft) works great for panic disorder. It may take anywhere from 2-3 weeks to start working at a functional level. Of course, with any of these medications side effects may occur and vary with each patient. One of the main side effects of SSRI's is sexual dysfunction; however, I personally haven't seen much of a difference regarding this common side effect, apart from lasting longer in bed (which is great for her). Overall, this medication is good for panic disorder, not so much for depression, as far as in my case. Remember, everyone is different and respond to these medications differently."

Kenneth Pet. January 22, 2013

For Depression "I have been on Zoloft 50mg for about 6 months now. I got on it because I could not control my anger. I would go from okay, to completely angry in just a matter of moments. Everything and anything would set me off, and I couldn't control it. So, I went to the doctor and he put me on Zoloft. I have lost close to 40lbs since being on the medicine beacuse I have no appetite anymore. I do not feel like a zombie, instead I am able to control my anger better. I still get upset and angry, but I don't lash out like I used to. I feel like I have control of my life now."

Sierra524 January 15, 2013

199 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Zoloft did not help me at all. I was on it for about 3 months, worked up to 100mg. I was tired and hungry all the time. I gained 20 lbs and slept all day. I was a complete zombie. Definitely made my depression worse."

J_M (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2013

For Depression "I am 22 year old female and taking Zoloft for social anxiety. About a day after starting this medication I began clenching my jaw really tight. My jaw starting aching after a couple of days because of the clenching. I had a panic attack on the train 3 days after starting this. I had nausea and a loss of appetite. The medicine did not really ease my symptoms in fact I would get random occurrences where I would feel extremely nervous and find it difficult to breath. My breathing became very shallow. I am weaning myself off it after 40 days on it."

Peanut08 January 11, 2013

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Has lowered general anxiety while not eliminating panic attacks. Love this medication and would not like to try any other."

landview12 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 11, 2013

For Depression "Have been taking 100mg for more than 2 years. It works but I am not fully fine. Thinking of increasing the dose to 200mg."

coolr_am (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 9, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I've been on 50 mg for almost 2 years now. Previous to this my life was so difficult, with debilitating phobias, almost daily panic attacks, OCD, and constant generalized anxiety. I was very very reticent to take an SSRI and tried every other strategy under the sun to try and manage my mental illness: therapy, vigorous exercise, yoga, meditation, natural supplements etc... but to no avail. Yes, I did experience some side effects: mild stomach aches for about 2 weeks, and a certain amount of agitation that has diminished, but not completely disappeared. But I can function as a normal human being, enjoy life, spend time with friends. I am no longer a prisoner of my chemical imbalance. I sincerely believe that this medication saved my life!"

Prisoner no more January 8, 2013

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on Zoloft for about a year now. I started taking it after suffering from depression and anxiety for 8 years. Finally when I hit rock bottom I decided to get some help. I started off at 50mg and I started to see my life change. I still had some issues. It was like being on an emotional roller coaster. At my one month check up they increased my dose to 100mg. Since then things have gotten better. I am more social and outgoing. I no longer push my friends away and I actually want to get out. I have had some issues with side effects though. Since I started taking it I have had some issues with remembering small things. Especially if I am stressed out. For the most part it has been amazing to feel happy."

Sam012 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 5, 2013

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...11 12 13 14 15 ...Next