User Reviews for Zoloft

Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Zoloft reviews 466 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by MelisAnn: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I wish I would have taken this medicine years ago. It took my life imploding (breakup with fiance who I truly love) to open my eyes. He couldn't deal with my extreme mood swings, irrational jealousy and constant negative thoughts anymore. I started taking Zoloft by recommendation of a new doctor, taking 100mg. I have now been taking it for 5 weeks and it is amazing. I actually noticed a difference within 2 days. Its like I used to have a constant negative "soundtrack" running through my head all the time. It's like all those negative things came to a screeching halt. I still feel and care, but I don't have this negative down feeling any more like I did. It is amazing, I feel like life and the world is bright and good again.

July 26, 2011 2:41 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Taken it for a long time. It is the only thing that works for me.

July 25, 2011 1:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I've been taking Zoloft for about a year and a half now. I previously used Celexa, Lexapro and Paxil. So I gave Zoloft a try. Without a doubt, 100mg Zoloft once daily has been a blessing for me. My moods are much more stable. My urges to pull my hair, my obsessive compulsive behavior and my anxiety/panic has dropped dramatically. I used to worry myself sick about every little thing. So much so, that I would feel anxiety before the most mundane of events such as standing in line at the movies or other things that no rational person would panic about. No major side effects to mention other than I find being in direct sunlight for extended periods makes me feel like my skin is crawling. Small price to pay for my sanity, peace of mind and my happiness.

July 22, 2011 3:41 PM
Review by Lillifee: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: First I will admit I am at wits end with PMDD. I was on Zoloft 100 mg. about 1 yr ago for about 3 months, and it was like a miracle pill. Then I started to research more about it and there was so much negativity toward weight gain while on it, and I did gain 10 pounds so I started to panic because I am already 50 pounds overweight. So I went against better judgment and went off of it. I went around the mountain over and over again trying to find a better solution, "Nothing was successful for me". I would rather be fat and happy than skinny and miserable for the rest of my life. I am going back on it in about a week. I am also going to be put on birth control pills to help with the hormones.

July 14, 2011 12:14 PM
Review by Medreview: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Anxiety and Stress: I had been dealing with anxiety disorder and panic attacks for about one year. My doctor put me on Prozac - which gave short term relief but then terrible panic attacks. Since going on Zoloft I have seen a 100% decrease in panic attacks and anxiety. This medicine worked for me when nothing else would.

July 12, 2011 2:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Anxiety and Stress: Zoloft has been helpful as someone dealing with chronic pain and occasional anxiety. After trying a variety of different treatments and regimens, this seems to be the best long-term strategy to coping with anxiety. I realized a lot of things about myself after beginning Zoloft - the ability to process things before I react and the way that I handle stressful situations has changed for the better. I feel like a more balanced, calm person since starting about 7 months ago. It has helped with relationships too, as I am able to manage my stress and anxiety more around the people that I love. Felt a bit jittery and lost a few pounds while I first started, but the side effects were gone after 3 weeks. And for the record, I was completely opposed.

July 12, 2011 11:31 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Anxiety and Stress: Minimum adverse effects.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 5, 2011 3:41 PM
Review by Jrod_228513: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: It really works for me.

June 27, 2011 8:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: The obsessive compulsive disorder didn't diminish much for the first few months or so. However, it made me a less tense person, thus much more relaxed and joyful. Side effects were very mild, however all colors became more pronounced, greener grass, bluer sky, etc. Quite nice... Some hand tremor as well as occasional postural dizziness.

June 23, 2011 11:28 AM
Review by usb304: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I am taking Zoloft 50 mg since more than 10 years, to deal with depression. My only problem is that I get SLEEP FULL OF DREAMS ONLY. My Doctors have tried a lot by giving many different sleeping medications, but all in vain. I have come across a couple of patients with the same problem. In case any of you have faced the same problem, please share your experience. If you have been able to solve this problem (of sleep full of dreams), please let me know how. Thanks.

June 16, 2011 12:21 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I hadn't found an anti-depressant that worked until my OB put me on Zoloft towards the end of my pregnancy. All others made me suicidal and I am already diagnosed as a manic depressive. Zoloft is amazing with the exception of the yawns and difficulty having an orgasm. But it's all worth it to have a medicine that actually works.

June 14, 2011 2:21 AM
Review by ChristyM: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Anxiety and Stress: I've only taken 25mg Zoloft for a week and am scheduled to increase to 50mg in one more week. I had such a horrible reaction to three doses of Lexapro that my psychiatrist switched to Zoloft. An hour or two after taking the Zoloft, I feel calm, and then there is an uptick in my anxiety and I get fidgety and sometimes mildly panicky. I am also taking 0.5 to 1mg, Xanax per day, which we will ease off of once the Zoloft kicks in, and I have weekly visits with a good therapist. My anxiety ramped up to critical mass into a weather phobia (we're in KC), so springtime is a nightmare for me. I'm a gardener, so this disorder has sucked all the joy out of the thing I love to do most. I pray my experience is as positive as many I've read here.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 12, 2011 5:30 PM
Review by ShiningInNC: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Currently take 75 mg of Zoloft per day to help with panic attacks and anxiety (no depression). Took about 1 month for my panic attacks to totally stop. Still had anxiety but now that I've been on it for almost 3 months I have almost NO anxiety. Did experience a side effect of my jaw clenching starting in the 2nd month. When I was on 100 mg (my doctor didn't believe this was a side effect of the medicines (but I am CERTAIN), so I backed myself down to 75 mg and after 2 weeks of being on that reduced dosage the jaw clenching went away. SO grateful for this medicine. VERY IMPORTANT- if you have anxiety, panic, or depression. GET COUNSELING- it helps almost as much as the medicine.

June 9, 2011 9:32 AM
Review by GonzoTheGreat: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I started Zoloft just two months ago. I had been depressed for nearly two years. It got to the point of planning a suicide. I decided to go get help and give life one more shot. The doctor prescribed Zoloft to me and it has made all the difference. I really started noticing a change after the first month. There's a complete change in my attitude and outlook on life. It may have saved my life.

June 9, 2011 7:47 AM
Review by Tee pea: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: When I started taking Zoloft I lost 40 pounds in three months which was GREAT. My depression got better, anxiety was better. I did lose my sex drive but who cares, my self esteem was GREAT. Zoloft saved me.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 6, 2011 8:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Anxiety and Stress: Helped with anxiety but made me hungry all the time (no other side effects) but I was able to sleep well while taking it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 6, 2011 8:18 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I started taking this medicine when I was 16. I am 26 now. Right now I take 100mgs. I was an unhappy teenager and I can't say it did anything for me at that point in my life (but I was only taking 50mgs then). I stayed on Zoloft all through college and only went off of it for about 6 months, at the urging of a boyfriend at the time. Those months were bad. I tried everything to feel better (exercise, meditation, different activities) but I always felt like there was blackness hanging over everything. I couldn't function socially and became rather reclusive. With the help of my therapist and psychiatrist, I went back on Zoloft and my depressive symptoms decreased dramatically. I have been on Zoloft for 10 years now so it's just a part of my life. I get sad sometimes, but when I get hopeless feelings I can process them more easily. It's hard for me to imagine life without Zoloft, but I hope to someday regulate my depression with a therapist and go off of it. That said, I don't really have any side-effects to speak of. Sometimes I have a low sex drive, but its only at certain times of the month, like before my period. However, having a diminished sex drive on antidepressants is easier than not having any drive whatsoever when you are off them. To me, taking Zoloft is almost like taking a vitamin. It's no big deal.

June 3, 2011 4:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I was just prescribed this medication for GAD and Moderate Depression. My Doctor suggested 25mg once a night. I accidentally took 50mg the very first dose but I feel fine. It took me a little while to fall asleep last night and I feel a bit drowsy but I am writing this from work so obviously I'm still functioning normally. I realize that Zoloft will affect everyone differently and I am very nervous/excited about its potential to help me. I'm hoping that in time I will feel less tired. I take Vitamin B 12 shots every few weeks so that should help too. I've never taken any prescriptions before now so I was very nervous about this whole thing. The reviews have been helpful though, I wish you all the very best of luck with your treatments.

May 28, 2011 1:03 PM
Review by metalgurl: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I have been on Zoloft for 14 years now. It changed my life. It has stopped my panic attacks.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 21, 2011 10:26 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I have had PTSD for 15 years, I was skeptical about taking medication for my condition, thinking each day I would fight on and get better without the aid of medications. I have finally sought help and have only been taking Zoloft for a short period of time and already I feel the difference. I feel happier and my general mood is more positive, the negative thoughts have diminished considerably. I have had no bad side effects to date. My advice to anyone hesitating is just pluck up the courage and talk to your doctor.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 15, 2011 7:16 AM
Review by volynn: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Bipolar Disorder: I took Zoloft for 2 years at 100mg daily for bipolar disorder type I. Zoloft is wonderful in that it made me significantly less anxious. However, it didn't succeed in making me any less depressed. Also, as with most anti-depressants, I experienced a decreased sex drive.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 14, 2011 9:04 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I've been taking Zoloft for about a week now and its made me nervous, dizzy, almost emotionally dead (though that might be because of the Depakote) and has really increased my psychosis to the point of where as an addition to hearing voices I have been hearing music when there should not be any music, oh and dry mouth. I'm going to give it some more time but if these symptoms continue I will stop. I've read a lot of positive reviews though and I don't react well towards many medication.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 6, 2011 7:57 PM
Review by OhNoLetsGo: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Got diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in February of 2011. Started taking Zoloft at 50mg in the morning on April 8 (1 week ago) and my oh my what a difference! The depression is lifting significantly! - I'd say it has gone from a 2 to about a 7 in just a week's time. The intrusive/obsessive thoughts have dropped about 75-80%, the compulsions are all but gone and the general anxiety is all but gone. The next to go are the annoying ruminating thoughts and the difficulty concentrating and organizing thoughts (but since I've been so depressed for so long, I think those parts of my brain had forgotten how to function). Starting tomorrow I kick it up to 100mg a day. Hoping for the continued improvement.

April 16, 2011 1:51 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Anxiety and Stress: I had horrible anxiety attacks last fall, to the point that I thought I would just rather die then have a life like that. It took me over 2 months to try Zoloft, and it was the best decision I ever made. The first week was filled with an even higher level of anxiety, but it didn't last throughout the day, and in the evening I started to feel normal. After about 2 to 3 weeks, I was completely back to normal, and I was upped to 100mg/day. I don't think I needed quite that much, but I followed doctors orders from 25 to 50 to 100 in the 3 weeks time. I am now taking 50mg every other day, (because I'm feeling so good, I keep forgetting to take it). It's been over 6 months, and I feel fantastic.

April 14, 2011 12:23 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Anxiety and Stress: I've been taking Zoloft for a little over a year. It has been very effective for controlling my symptoms (I have GAD). Now I'm able to concentrate on my college classes, and in general stopped feeling anxious about different events and situations (exams, trips far away, driving a car, etc). I started with 12.5mg and took that each morning for 6 months or so, without side effects. Then it stopped working well (the minor, yet bothersome, anxiety episodes came back), so I increased the dose to 25mg, and now am on 37.5mg, and doing good so far. Usually, I am sensitive to medications, so it was a nice surprise that Zoloft did not affect me negatively. Thanks to Zoloft, I feel like a different, more confident and more calm person now.

April 13, 2011 3:39 AM