User Reviews for Zoloft

Depression 290 reviews 75 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 625 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "I am 22 year old female and taking Zoloft for social anxiety. About a day after starting this medication I began clenching my jaw really tight. My jaw starting aching after a couple of days because of the clenching. I had a panic attack on the train 3 days after starting this. I had nausea and a loss of appetite. The medicine did not really ease my symptoms in fact I would get random occurrences where I would feel extremely nervous and find it difficult to breath. My breathing became very shallow. I am weaning myself off it after 40 days on it."

Peanut08 January 11, 2013

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Has lowered general anxiety while not eliminating panic attacks. Love this medication and would not like to try any other."

landview12 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 11, 2013

For Depression "Have been taking 100mg for more than 2 years. It works but I am not fully fine. Thinking of increasing the dose to 200mg."

coolr_am (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 9, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I've been on 50 mg for almost 2 years now. Previous to this my life was so difficult, with debilitating phobias, almost daily panic attacks, OCD, and constant generalized anxiety. I was very very reticent to take an SSRI and tried every other strategy under the sun to try and manage my mental illness: therapy, vigorous exercise, yoga, meditation, natural supplements etc... but to no avail. Yes, I did experience some side effects: mild stomach aches for about 2 weeks, and a certain amount of agitation that has diminished, but not completely disappeared. But I can function as a normal human being, enjoy life, spend time with friends. I am no longer a prisoner of my chemical imbalance. I sincerely believe that this medication saved my life!"

Prisoner no more January 8, 2013

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on Zoloft for about a year now. I started taking it after suffering from depression and anxiety for 8 years. Finally when I hit rock bottom I decided to get some help. I started off at 50mg and I started to see my life change. I still had some issues. It was like being on an emotional roller coaster. At my one month check up they increased my dose to 100mg. Since then things have gotten better. I am more social and outgoing. I no longer push my friends away and I actually want to get out. I have had some issues with side effects though. Since I started taking it I have had some issues with remembering small things. Especially if I am stressed out. For the most part it has been amazing to feel happy."

Sam012 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 5, 2013

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I am seventeen years old and had only gotten help a couple of days ago. I have taken the medicine only twice but so far, so good. The one fear I have prior to taking any medication was emotional numbness and unnatural happiness. I was very pleased to find that I feel relatively normal with this medicine. However, I have lost my appetite and feel sleepier than usual but I will be talking to my doctor every week on my progress and hopefully the side effects won't last very long because I'm still new to this medicine."

Harusame (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2012

For Depression "Before Zoloft I was depressed, stressed about everything. The depression got worst once my mom was diagnosed with cancer. I began Zoloft a month ago. I am on 200mg along with Xanax. I haven't had much of an appetite but I am happier and am now able to sleep better. Things don't bother me and if I'm upset I feel no urge to harm myself or cry all the time. I am able to be the wife and mother my family needs me to be. Thank you Zoloft."

Mj fan85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2012

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I've been taking Zoloft for just over four weeks and it's effects have been dramatic. I was initially prescribed 50mg, which was way too high of a starting dose for an individual with panic disorder. The first few days were awful, as I experienced a dramatic increase in anxiety and feelings of intense dread. I was dropped down to 25mg and given a prescription of Klonopin to hold me through the titration period. I am currently taking 75mg and have noticed a marked improvement in my condition over the past few days. Overall anxiety is significantly decreased, below levels prior to the development of my panic disorder. CBT has been very effective as well in developing a healthier relationship with my anxiety."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2012

For Depression "I started on 25mg for couple of weeks then went to 50mg. Started having more side effects such as bad headache that lasted for several days. Have kind of numb feeling, don't want to go out and socialize much. "

seb1960 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2012

For Depression "On about a week now and feeling like my life is changing. I don't feel like complete garbage everyday, I don't over think everything, and I'm much happier. First day was the worst but then got clonazepam and it made the first period feel MUCH better. Loving it so far!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2012

For Depression "I started using Zoloft on Wednesday the 5th of December 2012. Todays date is the 8th of Dember 2012. 4 days, it has only taken 4 days for me to feel like a new person. I have been on it before, therefore i know what side effects to expect. Everybody is different but i suffered from loss of appetite, headaches, nausea, a bit dizz, lower back pain, trembling hands. This only lasts for a week or two. I used to cry for no reason (even at work), snap at my partner for stupid things, i was paranoid over everything, socially scared (always wanted to stay home). I haven't cried since being on Zoloft, nor snap at my partner. I am a new person now. I'm so happy and look forward to my new life. 100/100."

I love Zoloft December 7, 2012

167 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "The first time I took Zoloft, it was a life-saver, it dragged me out of a deep depression and alleviated most of my anxiety, allowing me to get out of the house and get a job and live a normal life, with no REAL noticeable side-effects, (at higher doses it became difficult to orgasm, but I just didn't take as much and I was fine) 12 years later I tried it again, after falling back into severe depression, anxiety and agoraphobia. It did help, but this time not nearly as much. It lifted my mood and helped me have less mood swings. It barely touched my anxiety and agoraphobia, plus this time around the sexual side effects were devastating. The effort it took to have an orgasm was unbelievable! Even at a dose of only 50mg."

Anonymous December 3, 2012

For Depression "Before taking this, my hands and feet were always so cold, my depressing mood I just could not shake off, I was irritable and hopeless, a drone, living day to day. I finally turned to my doctor for help. It surprised me to find out that my being cold, even in the heat of the summer, had to do with anxiety! Within the first day of taking this medication, I felt instant relief. The will to live flowed in my veins right down to my fingertips and toes. I feel alive again, no longer cold, no longer hopeless. I am happy to be me and so very thankful that this type of medication exists! It's obvious by this board that it helps a lot of people just like it helped me. One Symptom: Yawning! So, I go outside for deep breathes of air."

MaryKate564 (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2012

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Depression and anxiety hit me like a brick wall about six months ago. I have always had a bit of anxiety, but nothing like recently. My psychiatrist prescribed Zoloft and the side effects were unbearable. My mood became much worse, threw up, more suicidal, etc. I only took it for two days. I am so happy this works for certain people. Depression and anxiety is pure torture."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2012

For Depression "I swore that if Zoloft worked for me, I would come back here and write a review. I hope this gives some people hope who are too scared to take it or try something new. I was first put on Lexapro for serious anxiety, which then led to depression. I was on that for about 9 days. It was terrible! Made my anxiety way worse, vomitting, couldn't sleep. So then I was put on Pristiq. I took it one day (fast acting) and felt so weird, shaking out of control, sick to my stomach, etc. FINALLY. I was put on 50mg of Zoloft. I am on my 4th week of it now and I can honestly say I feel like myself again! Only side effect was extremely tired. So I started taking it at night and that has helped! Good luck!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2012

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I started this two months ago to help with my light depression and anxiety problems as a long-term replacement for Xanax. So far I haven't had to use my Xanax in almost a month. I didn't think this would do much but I was wrong. The first two-three weeks I had some mild nausea and tiredness but that went away pretty quickly."

CMT01 October 29, 2012

For Panic Disorder "I am 18 and have been on a daily dose of 25mg of Zoloft for about two months now. Anxiety was literally making my life hell. I cried all the time, had crippling panic attacks, and had terrible derealization/depersonalization. I was hopeless, but afraid of taking medicines. I'm so glad I did anyway... I have only had one side effect, a bigger appetite, and I could feel a huge difference within a few days. It literally gave me my normal life back. I want to share this everywhere to help people like I know I needed help. Talk to your doctor."

KatieJJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2012

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I started taking Zoloft about three weeks ago. I have noticed various symptoms, I grind my teeth quite a bit which brings on headaches, I yawn constantly and I am always tired (even if I have eight hours sleep). I have not experienced any weight gain as yet, or any other symptoms associated with this medicine. I used to have panic attacks every second day, I have not had one since I started taking Zoloft which is a great outcome. I did get a bit panicky in a social situation two days ago, though was able to control my emotions so I didn't have a panic attack. So far so good."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2012

For Panic Disorder "Zoloft has been a life saver! I have been on this medicine for about 7 years now. Two kids (3 and 6 months) later I still have to use this medicine, and it works miracles. My husband deployed to Afghanistan and I do not think I could of made it through that time while taking care of our kids without this medicine. The only side effects I had were loss of appetite, tired, and mild headaches but that only lasts about a week. If your just starting this medicine hold on I promise this will help you feel like you again!"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 11, 2012

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have always had really bad anxiety. I started taking Zoloft when my daugther was 2 and I wish I had started it sooner. It helped a lot with my anxiety. I'm no longer mean to people and my rage is gone. It really saved my life. What I don't like is it makes me too relaxed. I just want to sleep all day and its really hard for me to lose weight. I do exercise everyday also to help with the anxiety."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 7, 2012

For Depression "I've been taking Zoloft for 3 days on a doctors recommendation and don`t notice any of the the benefits yet. I have felt a whole bunch of side effects including nausea, loss of appetite, drowsiness and diarrhea. I'll be seeing the doctor in two days and from what I understand these side effects should decrease over time. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2012

For Depression "I noticed a change almost immediately in my energy levels, moods, and alertness. I would reccomend it to any of my family and friends."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 4, 2012

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I have been on this medicine for 3 month for my PTSD and I find it has helped somewhat, I can think straight, calm, centered. It's wonderful in combination with Lyrica for my GAD in which I'm in the-4% that gets euphoria from it."

poppyjuice (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2012

For Depression "I was put on this for depression. The first day I took it, I got extreme fatigue and it took so much willpower to get up and do anything. I just did not want to move. I also got out of breath doing the simplest things, like getting out of my car and standing up. I was a total zombie. These symptoms decreased within a few weeks, but it was awful to get through. In addition, I was 130 lbs. when I began taking it and blew up to 209 lbs. over one year despite not eating more or exercising less. It also didn't help my depression. So in the end it did not help me and I gained 79 lbs. in one year. As soon as I stopped taking it, my weight dropped down to 160 lbs. without doing anything. "

clarkdaniels (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 13, 2012

For Depression "This is my second time on Zoloft. The first time it was recommended and prescribed by my physician for Hep C treatment. I had CRAZY side effects but back then I could not distinguish which medicine was causing this. I could not eat, trembling, sweats, etc. Two years later and Hep C cleared (ya-hoo) I found myself anxious and severely depressed. I was prescribed Zoloft 50mg and I have been taking it for two days. I have lost two pounds cannot eat, sleep and my head feels likes it going to explode with worry and pressure. I called my doctor but of course he was not in, so I got a professional opinion from a friend who told me to stick it out that the symptoms would subside. "

Rif Raf September 7, 2012