User Reviews for Zoloft

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 490 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by CrystalC:

For Depression: I love, love, love my Zoloft. It's been a life-saver. I'm on 25 mg and I did have some insomnia and jitteriness for the first two weeks but that has subsided. Doctor tried to "up" my doseage to 50mg but side effects came back and I was happy at 25mg so I went back down in dosage and I'm content. For the first time in my life I feel like I have some self-control and not constantly on the verge of a meltdown. I feel put back together and I can enjoy my family. I am a 35 year old female who works full time and have two children.

October 21, 2011 2:18 PM

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have just started taking Zoloft for my severe anxiety disorder. For the last almost year now I have been dealing with this debilitating disorder and I finally had enough went to the doctors and now I'm on 25mg to start. I feel horrible (Nauseated, dizzy, feeling of pressure in my head, slight numbness in lip and jaw and itchy dry feeling in the back of my mouth) but I'm praying with all these positive responses about the medicine it will help me. I'm at the end of my ropes I have two small children. I'm trying to go to school and my anxiety is keeping me from being able to sit in class or go into the grocery store for longer than 2 mins! It has been horrible and came on for no apparent reason. I wish you all the best!

October 20, 2011 6:50 PM

Review by mmvb:

For Depression: I've taken Zoloft off and on for depression and OCD for the past 10 years and have experienced few side effects. I am now taking 100 mg and am fine continuing on it for the rest of my life, though perhaps I'll go down to 50 mg at some point. It's been a real life-saver for me; I am rarely down and still feel very much myself. Also, it hasn't led to any weight gain. In all, am very satisfied.

October 20, 2011 3:25 PM

For Anxiety and Stress: I was prescribed Zoloft 50mg/day for anxiety/stress. I had previously taken Prozac and felt it didn't do a thing for me except decrease my sex drive tremendously. I've only been taking the Zoloft for 4 days and was told to take it at night as it might cause drowsiness. First night, my heart raced slightly, felt jittery, couldn't sleep and had to move my legs constantly, also found my hands shaking some during the day. Second night, no heart racing, but still cant sleep and have to move legs and feel slightly jittery, but feel fatigued during the day. Third night, just restless legs and not sleepy... feel tired during the day. I'm going to start taking it in the mornings and see if that will help. I need sleep. No other side effects so far.

October 17, 2011 1:52 PM

Review by Rakdaros:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Zoloft helped me a lot, perhaps I will sound cliche but for me it is really a miracle. I always had problems being in society of other people, on parties I always felt uneasy and tensed, in some way inferior. Zoloft changed that, also my mood swings became less, my anxiety is almost gone.

October 16, 2011 8:01 AM

Review by Sly :):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I had a traumatic experience with an ex-boyfriend of mine three years back and I've been fine. I am now deployed and doing missions in Iraq and have seen a few explosions and what not and I think that's what triggered my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I was hesitant about trying medicines but they said I could take them and still go out on the road. So far they seem to be helping lighten my mood and actually want to get out of bed in the morning and not worry or get irritated and paranoid at random times like I normally would. I am also taking it with clonazepam, which is helping a lot! No side effects yet, hopefully none to come!

October 9, 2011 2:24 PM

For Depression: I had always been a very shy, quiet, depressed person and also struggled with fatigue. After taking this medicine for 2 weeks at 100mg I had what I would call a severe emotional release and then a "coming out of my shell". It was very exhilarating. I began to approach women which had always been a problem for me, then started to have a lot of girlfriends, very happy for a while, felt like I got my life back. But then I started to do some strange things, began to act very aggressive physically and sexually, took A LOT of dangerous, crazy risks, went out to parties every night and had urge to drink myself out of my mind. Very strong urge to drink, and then sleep for majority of the day.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2011 8:53 AM

For Anxiety and Stress: I just started taking Zoloft. I am a 16 year old male suffering from severe social anxiety. I was never like this before a of couple months ago. Anyway I started taking it about 5 days ago. At first my anxiety got worse. But today I didn't feel all that bad and just hoping it gets better from here. We will see. Also only side effects. Slight headache here and there.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 26, 2011 9:58 PM

For Depression: Since puberty I had been diagnosed by everything under the sun except for what I really suffered, and have taken so many different medications the names have become a blur. Finally was diagnosed at 34 with bi-polar disorder type 1 compounded by bouts of clinical depression. I was given Triazadone, but couldn't take the vivid nightmares. Depakote, which gave me migraines. Finally found a good therapist who got me on Zoloft. It took a good 4 to 6 weeks for it to accumulate in my system and I did have the runs for the first couple of weeks, but it made a huge difference in my life. Just the thought of some Doctor taking me off Zoloft makes me panic. I never want to go back to my life before Zoloft.

September 18, 2011 7:24 PM

Review by Jenjenjen:

For Depression: Fastest working antidepressant I have ever tried, decreased my voracious appetite.

September 18, 2011 12:05 AM

Review by dendoc:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Have had a long history of having "racing" thoughts. Finally after many years and missed diagnoses with accompanying different medicines, my current Psych Doctor said that I might have a touch of obsessive compulsive disorder. He placed me on 25mg per day for a week, then 50 mg per day. Finally, I feel much better and my mind is finally more at rest. I was supposed to increase the dose to 75 mg after one week, which I tried for one day, but I had some weird side-effects that I attributed to the 75 mg dose. Back at 50mg and am happy with the results. Time will tell.

September 15, 2011 11:06 AM

Review by bennibenj:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been on Zoloft/Sertraline for only a couple of days but can instantly feel the effects. I cannot stop taping my feet/moving my legs maybe its energy that I didn't have for a while. I'm not sure. It is affecting my stomach but will see how it goes for a couple of weeks. Could do with losing a bit of weight. Could not sleep for love nor money last night, mind was active, but actually felt like I could have a laugh with my wife in the evening, she says I have been really horrible to be with (moaning etc). At work, feel like I'm on edge but hoping once it really kicks in I will feel more 'myself'. Extremely tired and keep yawning and feeling less emotional, for a 29 year old man. I will update after a few weeks to advise how its going.

September 13, 2011 5:35 AM

Review by Koalamaiden:

For Depression: I have been on Zoloft several times. The only side effect was the "runs" which is fine you can take anti-diarrhea medication. I am also on Epilim, I was recently diagnosed with Bipolar which in itself is a good thing. No antidepressant worked for me, I was always low. And off them I was both hyper and low. It was horrible, then the anxiety kicked in. So that's why I am glad to be finally diagnosed as at least I can get help and proper treatment. Zoloft is brilliant for anxiety, but it didn't stop the bad lows and I was so tired. But no side effects whatsoever, well only the runs - which you learn to live with.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2011 3:26 AM

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: So far it helps with everything, except for whats going on in my head (the constant thoughts). But I've only been on it for 3 weeks so I'm staying positive.

September 7, 2011 11:06 PM

For Depression: I started taking Zoloft when I was 16. I was sent to the hospital twice for suicidal actions and my doctors upped my initial dose from 25mg to 200mg. I was supposed to go up to 300mg but I was really sick of the dosage being upped and nothing happening. To be completely honest, it took 2-3 months to kick in for me. I've been diagnosed with psychotic depression/possibly schizophrenia spectrum. Now that the medicine has had some time to work into my system, I've felt much better. Not 100% my old self, but capable of functioning and taking care of myself. I wasn't able to get out of bed for days on end at my worst. The side effects are totally manageable and worth it. My psychosis apparently calms down when I'm feeling less down which is a relief.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2011 9:20 PM

For Depression: A real life changing medicine, depression gone. Social anxiety greatly improved. 100mg daily for 3 months. Minimal side effects. Also taking 1mg Klonopin daily for anxiety.

September 2, 2011 6:49 PM

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have been on Zoloft for about one year. Was on 25mg, I recently increased the dosage to 50mg, to help get through a stressful time. It has definitely worked for me. This increase though I am noticing more dry mouth and stomach upset decreased appetite. I have had really bad anxiety about social situations and sleep (not getting enough) I hated going places or being around people. This medication has helped me greatly. I'm hoping it will continue to do so on 50 mg, and I hope to step back down so I do not get the burnout effect that so many people talk about.

August 26, 2011 4:18 PM

For Anxiety and Stress: GIVE IT TWO FULL MONTHS. That's my most important piece of advice. I am a 21 year old male and had an extremely acute outbreak of anxiety and panic attacks, mostly related to my health/getting a serious disease. My psychiatrist gave me 50mg of Zoloft a day 0.5 mg of Ativan. The Ativan worked immediately and for a long time I didn't think the Zoloft was working. But it's been two months now and I'm almost anxiety free. Getting off the Ativan has been no problem at all (something I was very worried about) and I feel back to my old self pre-anxiety outbreak. My psychiatrist does therapy too, which I think was very very helpful.

August 16, 2011 12:22 PM

Review by Lea VZ:

For Panic Disorder: I have always suffered from depression, but got panic disorder after I broke up with my fiance of 3 years. During that time it was hell. I couldn't drive or go out alone in fear that I would hurt myself or others out of impulse. I was prescribed citalopram initially and it made things worse. Strangely my mom is on citalopram and copes really well (she has depression without anxiety). My psychiatrist recommended a switch to Zoloft and everything improved drastically. My symptoms of anxiety subsided dramatically and I can now continue with my life as normal. I still get mild panic attacks, but very rarely or when I get very upset. I would definitely give Zoloft a thumbs up, but it should be clear that these medicines affect every person differently.

August 11, 2011 7:00 AM

Review by clannad:

For Depression: I have been on and off Zoloft (Lustral) for about 8 years. My usual dose is 200mg but every time I try to come off them depression comes back with a vengeance. I have severe treatment resistant depression and have had over 60 ECT treatments. Zoloft has been the only antidepressant which has helped me in any way and believe me I have been on them all. But as everyone is different I can't say it will necessarily be the one for you but in my experience of all the tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs and MAOI's, Zoloft has far outweighed the others. As I'm here just thought I'd mention that I am also on a new antidepressant called Valdoxan which is very new and also very good. It is available in Europe but I'm not sure if its available in the United States yet. Good luck.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2011 1:57 AM

Review by Shane B.:

For Anxiety and Stress: I'm only on my 7th day taking Zoloft(25mg) and I do feel less anxious at times but the first day I took it I ended up having a panic attack that led to an ER trip because I thought it was a heart attack. 2nd day I had a icy/hot feeling and still do, 3rd day had bouts of diarrhea. Anyways don't let these put you off as medicine works different for everyone. My grandma takes it for depression and had no side effects, NOT FAIR! But to me it seems like I'm getting all the side effects haha. Zaps here lately really annoying almost leads to a panic attack but I let myself know its just the Zoloft/Anxiety. Also seems to be moving my legs more while sitting and grinding my teeth which I never done before.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2011 5:34 PM

Review by objector:

For Anxiety and Stress: I'm a 50 year old male diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder at age 25. Went through years of therapy and thought I'd pretty much learned how to manage/mitigate anxiety. I recently came upon a scene where I rendered first-aid to a gunshot victim. Almost immediately afterward I felt 'hollow' and began ruminating about death. That event acted like a pebble rolling down a mountain and by last week I was experiencing a variety of physical symptoms on top of being angry and withdrawn. My Internal Medicine doctor suggested I go on Zoloft. Within an hour of taking the first 25mg tab I felt a gigantic sense of relief. Five days later I%u2019m still experiencing some minor jitters and cotton mouth and my mind races a bit. But the immense sense of relief is still with me.

August 5, 2011 3:39 PM

Review by NathanC:

For Anxiety and Stress: I just took my first Zoloft today (50mg) for anxiety and panic attacks. I don't know what it's like now but all that's on my mind is, what if I'm allergic to it or what if the side effects are to much to handle. I guess that's my anxiety taking over. I'll see how I feel after a couple or days and then write back.

August 2, 2011 10:46 PM

For Depression: I started taking this medication 9 months ago for depression and anxiety. Before this I would cry for hours a day, couldn't focus to study or write papers (I am a senior nursing student), and was becoming suicidal. The first few weeks of the medication was terrible, because I was waiting for it to kick in and I had some side effects. I felt nauseous and I couldn't stop moving. I'd shake my leg if I was sitting down and pace the hall for hours at night. However, once I got past the first few weeks, things got much better. I started noticing a change in my mood in about 6 weeks, which is a long time to wait, but it was worth it. I feel like myself again.

August 2, 2011 3:42 PM

Review by MelisAnn:

For Depression: I wish I would have taken this medicine years ago. It took my life imploding (breakup with fiance who I truly love) to open my eyes. He couldn't deal with my extreme mood swings, irrational jealousy and constant negative thoughts anymore. I started taking Zoloft by recommendation of a new doctor, taking 100mg. I have now been taking it for 5 weeks and it is amazing. I actually noticed a difference within 2 days. Its like I used to have a constant negative "soundtrack" running through my head all the time. It's like all those negative things came to a screeching halt. I still feel and care, but I don't have this negative down feeling any more like I did. It is amazing, I feel like life and the world is bright and good again.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2011 2:41 PM