User Reviews for Zoloft

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 499 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by Grills:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I've suffered from OCD since about the age of 9, but wasn't diagnosed until I was 44. I was prescribed Zoloft at 100mg a day at first combined with some cognitive therapy. After around a month the dose was increased to 200mg/day, which seemed to work more effectively. I have now been taking Zoloft for 10 years now with no significant side effects (only feeling slightly hotter than before). I found if I didn't take the Zoloft with a meal or on an empty stomach, I would feel very nauseous. But, all is great if taking with my meal. Zoloft has helped my life considerably. My wife often comments how much more chilled I am and easier to get along with and we can talk about OCD openly with an understanding of why these compulsions were there etc.

November 5, 2011 12:09 AM

For Anxiety and Stress: I love it! I have only been on the product for about two weeks now. I had an upset stomach for a week initially; which is now a mild ache. It has curbed my snacking which may have been from depression, but no weight loss (yet). A side from that, I have no anxiety or it's very minimal. I am taking 50mg and don't feel doped up. I even rose my hand and asked questions during a meeting which I never use to do without severe stress and anxiety. I don't have the "what if" in traffic and have more confidence in myself. It kills anxiety if you are a true sufferer, but it also kills your libido.

November 2, 2011 10:31 AM

Review by K10:

For Anxiety and Stress: I started taking Zoloft after experiencing physical symptoms of anxiety at random moments and cyclical mood swings with depression that had a very strong physical component (I had nothing to be sad about I just ached and couldn't get out of bed or smile) The first week I took it I felt like I was in a complete fog. I lost my appetite, had upset stomach and it messed up my sleep. Once my body adjusted (about 2 weeks) I had more energy, was more engaging with my friends and family and the physical symptoms subsided. After about 3 months I moved and lost my medicines and stopped abruptly. The depression and anxiety came back tenfold because I didn't wean myself off. I felt overwhelmed with life. Zoloft works great but it's very powerful.

November 1, 2011 1:34 PM

Review by BRIDEOFCHRIST:

For Panic Disorder: I started taking zoloft for panic attacks because xanax alone was not working and let me tell you - zoloft is a miracle. Zoloft feels like an anchor is on my brain keeping me so much more stable. It has even helped tone down my paranoia and hallucinations. Thanks to whoever created zoloft!

October 31, 2011 1:00 PM

Review by Ryan22:

For Anxiety and Stress: This did help me with depression a few years ago, but my doctor tried to put me back on it for anxiety this time and I immediately felt the side effects that I really didn't pinpoint to this at the time but after just two doses this time around they were EXACTLY as I remembered. Diarrhea and an inability to relax. The diarrhea was horrible, when I would eat out I would have to be by a bathroom, I found myself looking around for a restroom. I thought it was me but I now know it was in fact the Zoloft. Put me in some very embarrassing situations and it kept me from eating out. The inability to relax was quite bad, felt depressed. Thinking back I just hate it that I had to take this medicine, I should have taken it for a few months not a year.

October 29, 2011 10:00 PM

Review by CdnWmn:

For Depression: I starting taking Zoloft after speaking to my doctor about my problems -- irritability, sadness, loss of sex drive, poor body image, etc. She suggested we try this medication for one year at 50 mg a day. Within 2.5 weeks, I started feeling better. I wasn't mad all the time and even managed to have sex again after a nine month hiatus. I felt much more confident and in control of my emotions. I even managed to lose 15 pounds and am still losing. I have experienced no side effects whatsoever.

October 27, 2011 9:44 AM

For Depression: My wife had major mood swings. Irritable, would stay angry for days about the smallest things. No sex drive, tired all the time. An hour after taking the pill, she was a different person. Happy, more affectionate, less tired, funny, easy going. A miracle. She said she had always felt as though she was living her life under water or in the clouds and this medicine made things clear. It's be wonderful. Only side effect has been some bruising.

October 25, 2011 8:55 AM

For Depression: I took Zoloft for a few months for depression. I did notice a slight improvement in my mood, but stopped taking it due to side effects. I felt tired most of the time and lost any sexual interest. These side effects disappeared after a week off Zoloft.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2011 12:41 AM

Review by Lance1989:

For Depression: I took this for over a year at age 20 it got me out of a depressing time. I have always been a VERY shy person and quiet. Literally a day or two after I started taking this I was with some friends and I was like the center of the conversation. I felt like all the mental stuff holding me back was gone! I started thinking more positively while I was on this. I still had bad days, I was unemployed at the time but got through it. I did gain 25lbs while on this. I finally got to a point where I wasn't depressed anymore and was beginning to over react to situations and was getting a discontented/sad feeling where I felt like I had to be doing something so I stopped cold turkey and was okay. I lost all 25 lbs, quieter self is back and depression free.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2011 9:23 PM

Review by CrystalC:

For Depression: I love, love, love my Zoloft. It's been a life-saver. I'm on 25 mg and I did have some insomnia and jitteriness for the first two weeks but that has subsided. Doctor tried to "up" my doseage to 50mg but side effects came back and I was happy at 25mg so I went back down in dosage and I'm content. For the first time in my life I feel like I have some self-control and not constantly on the verge of a meltdown. I feel put back together and I can enjoy my family. I am a 35 year old female who works full time and have two children.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2011 2:18 PM

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have just started taking Zoloft for my severe anxiety disorder. For the last almost year now I have been dealing with this debilitating disorder and I finally had enough went to the doctors and now I'm on 25mg to start. I feel horrible (Nauseated, dizzy, feeling of pressure in my head, slight numbness in lip and jaw and itchy dry feeling in the back of my mouth) but I'm praying with all these positive responses about the medicine it will help me. I'm at the end of my ropes I have two small children. I'm trying to go to school and my anxiety is keeping me from being able to sit in class or go into the grocery store for longer than 2 mins! It has been horrible and came on for no apparent reason. I wish you all the best!

October 20, 2011 6:50 PM

Review by mmvb:

For Depression: I've taken Zoloft off and on for depression and OCD for the past 10 years and have experienced few side effects. I am now taking 100 mg and am fine continuing on it for the rest of my life, though perhaps I'll go down to 50 mg at some point. It's been a real life-saver for me; I am rarely down and still feel very much myself. Also, it hasn't led to any weight gain. In all, am very satisfied.

October 20, 2011 3:25 PM

For Anxiety and Stress: I was prescribed Zoloft 50mg/day for anxiety/stress. I had previously taken Prozac and felt it didn't do a thing for me except decrease my sex drive tremendously. I've only been taking the Zoloft for 4 days and was told to take it at night as it might cause drowsiness. First night, my heart raced slightly, felt jittery, couldn't sleep and had to move my legs constantly, also found my hands shaking some during the day. Second night, no heart racing, but still cant sleep and have to move legs and feel slightly jittery, but feel fatigued during the day. Third night, just restless legs and not sleepy... feel tired during the day. I'm going to start taking it in the mornings and see if that will help. I need sleep. No other side effects so far.

October 17, 2011 1:52 PM

Review by Rakdaros:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Zoloft helped me a lot, perhaps I will sound cliche but for me it is really a miracle. I always had problems being in society of other people, on parties I always felt uneasy and tensed, in some way inferior. Zoloft changed that, also my mood swings became less, my anxiety is almost gone.

October 16, 2011 8:01 AM

Review by Sly :):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I had a traumatic experience with an ex-boyfriend of mine three years back and I've been fine. I am now deployed and doing missions in Iraq and have seen a few explosions and what not and I think that's what triggered my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I was hesitant about trying medicines but they said I could take them and still go out on the road. So far they seem to be helping lighten my mood and actually want to get out of bed in the morning and not worry or get irritated and paranoid at random times like I normally would. I am also taking it with clonazepam, which is helping a lot! No side effects yet, hopefully none to come!

October 9, 2011 2:24 PM

For Depression: I had always been a very shy, quiet, depressed person and also struggled with fatigue. After taking this medicine for 2 weeks at 100mg I had what I would call a severe emotional release and then a "coming out of my shell". It was very exhilarating. I began to approach women which had always been a problem for me, then started to have a lot of girlfriends, very happy for a while, felt like I got my life back. But then I started to do some strange things, began to act very aggressive physically and sexually, took A LOT of dangerous, crazy risks, went out to parties every night and had urge to drink myself out of my mind. Very strong urge to drink, and then sleep for majority of the day.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2011 8:53 AM

For Anxiety and Stress: I just started taking Zoloft. I am a 16 year old male suffering from severe social anxiety. I was never like this before a of couple months ago. Anyway I started taking it about 5 days ago. At first my anxiety got worse. But today I didn't feel all that bad and just hoping it gets better from here. We will see. Also only side effects. Slight headache here and there.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 26, 2011 9:58 PM

For Depression: Since puberty I had been diagnosed by everything under the sun except for what I really suffered, and have taken so many different medications the names have become a blur. Finally was diagnosed at 34 with bi-polar disorder type 1 compounded by bouts of clinical depression. I was given Triazadone, but couldn't take the vivid nightmares. Depakote, which gave me migraines. Finally found a good therapist who got me on Zoloft. It took a good 4 to 6 weeks for it to accumulate in my system and I did have the runs for the first couple of weeks, but it made a huge difference in my life. Just the thought of some Doctor taking me off Zoloft makes me panic. I never want to go back to my life before Zoloft.

September 18, 2011 7:24 PM

Review by Jenjenjen:

For Depression: Fastest working antidepressant I have ever tried, decreased my voracious appetite.

September 18, 2011 12:05 AM

Review by dendoc:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Have had a long history of having "racing" thoughts. Finally after many years and missed diagnoses with accompanying different medicines, my current Psych Doctor said that I might have a touch of obsessive compulsive disorder. He placed me on 25mg per day for a week, then 50 mg per day. Finally, I feel much better and my mind is finally more at rest. I was supposed to increase the dose to 75 mg after one week, which I tried for one day, but I had some weird side-effects that I attributed to the 75 mg dose. Back at 50mg and am happy with the results. Time will tell.

September 15, 2011 11:06 AM

Review by bennibenj:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been on Zoloft/Sertraline for only a couple of days but can instantly feel the effects. I cannot stop taping my feet/moving my legs maybe its energy that I didn't have for a while. I'm not sure. It is affecting my stomach but will see how it goes for a couple of weeks. Could do with losing a bit of weight. Could not sleep for love nor money last night, mind was active, but actually felt like I could have a laugh with my wife in the evening, she says I have been really horrible to be with (moaning etc). At work, feel like I'm on edge but hoping once it really kicks in I will feel more 'myself'. Extremely tired and keep yawning and feeling less emotional, for a 29 year old man. I will update after a few weeks to advise how its going.

September 13, 2011 5:35 AM

Review by Koalamaiden:

For Depression: I have been on Zoloft several times. The only side effect was the "runs" which is fine you can take anti-diarrhea medication. I am also on Epilim, I was recently diagnosed with Bipolar which in itself is a good thing. No antidepressant worked for me, I was always low. And off them I was both hyper and low. It was horrible, then the anxiety kicked in. So that's why I am glad to be finally diagnosed as at least I can get help and proper treatment. Zoloft is brilliant for anxiety, but it didn't stop the bad lows and I was so tired. But no side effects whatsoever, well only the runs - which you learn to live with.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2011 3:26 AM

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: So far it helps with everything, except for whats going on in my head (the constant thoughts). But I've only been on it for 3 weeks so I'm staying positive.

September 7, 2011 11:06 PM

For Depression: I started taking Zoloft when I was 16. I was sent to the hospital twice for suicidal actions and my doctors upped my initial dose from 25mg to 200mg. I was supposed to go up to 300mg but I was really sick of the dosage being upped and nothing happening. To be completely honest, it took 2-3 months to kick in for me. I've been diagnosed with psychotic depression/possibly schizophrenia spectrum. Now that the medicine has had some time to work into my system, I've felt much better. Not 100% my old self, but capable of functioning and taking care of myself. I wasn't able to get out of bed for days on end at my worst. The side effects are totally manageable and worth it. My psychosis apparently calms down when I'm feeling less down which is a relief.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2011 9:20 PM

For Depression: A real life changing medicine, depression gone. Social anxiety greatly improved. 100mg daily for 3 months. Minimal side effects. Also taking 1mg Klonopin daily for anxiety.

September 2, 2011 6:49 PM