User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 13)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Postpartum Depression 11 reviews 7 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 776 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "20 year old male. After failing 2 of my college classes in one semester, decided it was time to do something about my increasing depression. Doctor started me on Zoloft. Took about 4 weeks to start to notice the effects. Occasional shakes. Memory loss was frequent. Immediately noticed a decrease in sex drive and wasn't a problem until I started dating again and couldn't get it up the first time I got with my current girlfriend. Luckily she is understanding. My doctor is switching me to Wellbutrin. If it wasn't for the decreased sex drive I probably would have stayed on it."

Collegeguy123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2014

For Panic Disorder "I have now been on Zoloft for 2 months and happy to report, I'm no longer NEEDING my oxazepam everyday YAY! Side effects I got were crazy heart palpitations, fatigue but both of these have subdued, mind you, it took 7 wks to do so, so for anyone just starting on it, stick it out. Its helped a lot with my anxiety."

Soundchain (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Zoloft for 2 months. I've have massive depression after I had my twins. I had suicidal thoughts and thoughts of just letting go.I went to the doctor for help and he prescribed me Zoloft 25mg but the 25mg wasn't working. So I took 50mg and it is awesome. I feel myself again like I was 18. No worries in the world. Just felling like life was life again. Thanks to Zoloft I got my life back."

LovingMyTwins (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I started taking birth control for acne a month ago and felt as if my anxiety had only gotten worse. After talking to my doctor she recommended I try a low dose of Zoloft. I've been on the medication for a week and have had 2 panic attacks. One yesterday as my plane was taking off. The most embarrassing experience ever! The flight attendants had to get me a bag to throw up in and had ice over the back of my neck. Today I am feeling exhausted and with down. I have read there are serious side effects within the first 2 weeks of taking this medication so I'm hoping I start to feel better. I am def. cutting out any coffee, energy drinks or alcohol."

Buckeyefan03 June 9, 2014

For Depression "It took a couple weeks to notice any positive affects. It does help with depression. The big negative is the loss of the ability to achieve an orgasm."

sedonagreg (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2014

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have been taking Zoloft 100mg for 8 yrs now since my first experience of postpartum depression after my 2nd child, (I have always had panic attacks and depression it runs in my family, it has been working great until I had my 3rd child I had another bout of post partum depression. Dr tried to up my dose done this for one week made me have major side effects hot flashes, mood changes, zombie feeling so I went back down to my 100mg, I finally pulled out of it for awhile but I had a close friend pass away back in Dec 2013 and I already had health anxiety and I have had fears of dying since I had my 3rd child. I don't want to leave my children alone, the last 2 months have been the worst and I'm still taking Zoloft 100mg."

MInnieJohnny June 8, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "For me, this medication did not work on a lower dose of 50 mg, 100 mg, or even 150 mg. My depression got better once I was increased to 200 mg, which is the therapeutic limit, but this may be because my depression was incredibly severe -extremely suicidal, and not functioning at all. However, after taking this medication for a little over a year, I have come to the realization that it no longer is working for me, and I am experiencing what my psychiatrist calls a "poop out," which is apparently something most SSRIs can do. I would recommend Zoloft (Sertraline) to anyone who has depression. It has honestly been the best medication for me, but for now, I need to try something new."

legakris May 29, 2014

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I suffer with post traumatic stress disorder from years of trauma and then the death of my mother really was the icing on the cake. I've also been dealing with physical ailments in the past 7 years, and panic attacks since I could remember. With all this going on, it's no wonder that I've became depressed and anxious about life. I am not the type of person who believes in medication without trying alternatives first. In the past I've tried other antidepressants to no avail. Was off of them for a year, but decided to go back on, trying Zoloft this time, when I became suicidal. That was the LAST straw. Been on 50mg for about a month, but started on 25mg a month prior. It LITERALLY saved my life. Don't give up! What one medication won't do for you another will."

Angelalove (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Took 2 weeks to feel a bit better. Stick with it through side effects. I take 62.5 mg in the morning and 25 mg in evening now. After 5 months I feel pretty good."

Jktx May 13, 2014

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have suffered with severe health anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder related to this anxiety for about 6 years. I would spend countless hours a day googling symptoms and doing certain health related rituals, and it was taking over my life. I finally talked to my doctor at the urging of my family and ended up on 50 mg of Zoloft. I didn't want to take it because part of my health anxiety is a fear of any type of medication. After about 3 weeks of it sitting untouched in my cabinet I started to take it. I didn't feel strange - no side effects. Maybe a little more sleepy at night? After about 3 weeks on Zoloft I noticed that I didn't have the urge to Google health symptoms anymore and I would *forget* to do some of my daily rituals."

Severe health anxiety/OCD (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2014

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "It keeps me from being suicidal. I have to have this. Great medicine."

Sill (taken for 10 years or more) April 26, 2014

For Depression "I was suffering from being a slave to my negative thoughts, making assumptions about my relationship that my partner was cheating on me or having a secret life, constantly being controlling over where things go in the house, how things should be, really severe mood swings and ridiculous anger which I would ignite a lot of arguments and have the urge to get physical and just completely lose it and not think rationally. My marriage was on the verge of failure due to my negative actions and my husband was at his breaking point. My doc prescribed me 50mg of Zoloft and I finally started it, I'm on week 2 and I feel incredibly calm, content and full of life again. I feel like I can handle situation in a positive manner."

Michibelle April 21, 2014

422 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "On 50mg for 4 weeks then increased to 100mg for depression, panic attacks and obsessional thinking. I had few side effects, a slight hand tremor, yawning and difficulty sleeping. The only thing that lingered was the insomnia, but now that has settled down and I sleep okay. I feel so much better, panic attacks gone, obsessive compulsive disorder gone and my mood is lifting daily. I am enjoying life again and this medicine has been so right for me."

Blue rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2014

209 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "After years of trying different medications sertraline has finally been the most useful and compatible one for me. If only I had found this years ago as it has lifted my depression, improved my social skills and eased my obsessive compulsive disorder symptoms (would trigger after anxiety)."

Milan** April 18, 2014

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I am 24 years old and have a 14 week old son. I have fought with depression most of my life due to childhood and what not. After having my son everything came crashing down. I was on the brink of a divorce and suicidal. So I ask my Dr, he put me on 50mg of Zoloft and I'm now on day 4. Side effects for me are headache, tired, dizzy nausea. But I'm sticking to it hoping those will go away. My mood is so much better."

perezmama (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2014

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I took for 8 weeks, 53 year old male. I moved to a new town for job. It is pretty depressing when you don't know anyone. Zoloft 50 mg. First night NO sleep. Started taking at night with Ambien. I sleep for about 5 hours then I'm up at 3 am. Major side effects: inability to orgasm, clenched teeth, restless legs, trembling, loss of appetite, diarhea and sweating. First week was nausea, trembling but emotions were better. After 8 weeks, I think the side effects aren't worth the benefit. Quit cold turkey 4 days now. No major problems. Teeth clench still but, not as bad."

Boy Wonder April 7, 2014

For Panic Disorder "I had my first panic attack in June 2013. Thought I was going to die. Had them everyday after that. I couldn't go no where or do anything because I was so dizzy and scared. I went from June to Sept with no medicines. I was suicidal so I tried meds, First two days I was a zombie, no appetite. I felt weird but not like panic attack weird. I could tell a difference. I have been on my Zoloft 25ml since Sept 2013 and I am 97% better. I have my days where I feel weird but if you have severe panic attacks like I did you will know that even feeling 5% better would be nice so 97% is amazing! This medicine saved my life."

annie larae curtis (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 30, 2014

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have problem with anxiety and depression. I've been using Zoloft for about one year and it is so much better. No depression, no bad mood, anxiety is not so high, perfect. I tried few times to stop, but I always fall in depression after that."

Lorae March 27, 2014

For Depression "Zoloft. You made me REALIZE, I've been locked out of HEAVEN for too long (I've been dancing and cleaning on this Bruno Mars song all morning). That's how I feel on my medication! I'm on day 4 of 50 mg and I'm supposed to increase it to 100mg after 10 days. I have been having side effects since the first day such as shaking, abdominal pain, insomnia but nothing too major compared too what the "Beast" (yes! I call my anxiety the beast hehe) had me endure before. So I really don't mind those side effects because I know what's ahead of me is going to be spectacular. I've never had so much faith in my life before, at least not that I remember."

WanderingMind7 March 20, 2014

200 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "After a month of bouncing between morning and night dosing of 1 50mg pill, I settled on morning. It was making me super sleepy but that went away mostly. Didn't gain but maybe 5lbs if that (I'm a gym rat somewhat). Felt really stoned the first week or so and sleeping was strange, maybe a little erectile dysfunction at first, but all of that went away too. A month in and the side effects are minimal. The panic is under control, but the depression is completely gone. THANKS A MILLION ZOLOFT."

Slogg March 17, 2014

159 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "It did a little something right from day 1, but really the first month was pretty strange. I went back and forth, finally settling on taking 1 50mg pill in the morning. At first that made me extra sleepy all day, but that effect went away. I was feeling a bit stoned for the first month or so, but that went away too. Now I have the ticklings of panic creep up in the normal situations, but if only for the placebo effect, I can tell myself it isn't real. It will go away. And then it always does! Thanks Zoloft!"

Slogg (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2014

For Panic Disorder "My Dr. put me on 25mg to help me sleep and stop unwanted thoughts as a result of marital stress. I was experiencing a knot in my stomach and episodes of weeping. Since starting this medication, I feel so much happier, rested, relaxed. I had diarrhea for the first 2 days, but it was mild. I am not feeling out of control anymore. I think when my marriage issues are over, I will stop taking it. This medicine has really come through!"

CMP72 March 17, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Ive been taking it for over 5 years and it works for the most part."

smileydie March 16, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have suffered with generalized anxiety disorder and social anxiety disorder since I can remember. I got prescribed these at 50mg 3 weeks ago. The first few days I got a horrible cold nausea feeling in the pit of my stomach, I had no appetite and I noticed straightaway that it took me longer to orgasm. 3 months into them, I still feel anxious, but for the first time since I can remember I was able to present to a group without shaking, losing my voice and my heart beating rapidly. It almost feels like a small weight has been lifted which gives you that control back over my thoughts. I was able to say 'put your best into it. You will be fine' and I believed it. This is only a small step to overcoming my anxiety but this medication has helped me a lot."

Eswes18 (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2014

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've dealt with many periods of depression in my life, but I hit an all-time low a year and a half ago culminating in a suicide attempt. This medication helped me get back on my feet. I started with a low dose (25mg/day-I'm small and female) and have slowly increased to the normal dosage my doctor prescribes for adults (50mg/day). I went off of it for two months after five months of taking it and fell back into depression. Went back on it and have been fine since. I don't think I will stop again for a while. Only problems are occasional insomnia and inability to orgasm anymore."

anonymous from ca (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...11 12 13 14 15 ...Next