User Reviews for Zoloft

Postpartum Depression 6 reviews 7 medications

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 499 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I just started taking Zoloft 3 days ago for general and social anxiety. I have experienced side effects that include headaches, discomfort in my chest, nausea, decrease in appetite, losing weight already. Sometimes it feels like my head is bound up. I used to get really tense while driving, but with the medicine I don't get tense, just alert. I haven't been back to school or work so I'm not sure how effective it is for my social anxiety. I am now generally happy and I do not experience worrisome thoughts as much. It makes me tired and sometime I just pass out and wake up with insomnia. I used to be very mean to my dog, I think he is seeing a difference in my behavior. I'm hoping the symptoms become less. 50mg then 100mg.

January 17, 2012 7:37 AM

For Depression: Started sertraline at 25mg and have slowly increased to 200mg daily over a period of 9 months. My depression is totally gone, but have continued to battle general anxiety and a little social anxiety. Just increased to 200 mg this week and have my fingers crossed! I also take 1 mg Klonopin daily. I'm a 55 year old female and as I look back over my life, I can see that I've always had anxiety issues. Zoloft has been a tremendous help for me!

January 15, 2012 8:24 AM

Review by praying for relief:

For Depression: It is 2012 Jan. and I have been battling depression and anxiety for the last 5 months, I was managing it up until 8 weeks ago. I started taking Remeron (30mg)for 7.5 weeks and it did not help at all, when I upped the dosage the nightmares were so bad I had to stop immediately. Now I am on day 2 of Zoloft. Day 1 was fine I was laughing and felt so good, day 2 I took the medicine at 9:30pm went to bed at 10:30pm and woke up in at 1:30 am with my heart beating so fast, and a nervous wreck. It took hours before I could go to bed even with my 1.5mg of Ativan. I just bought a Light Therapy Machine and am also using that trying to combat this. I'm really nervous about the next couple of days on Zoloft after my night of panic and deep anxiety.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2012 2:54 PM

For Depression: I've been on Zoloft for about two weeks now and I've noticed a considerable difference in my demeanor. The very first day I took it, it upset my stomach severely. I was so nauseous and had intestinal issues...yikes. But the next day I felt great. My doctor recommended I take a half pill for the first few days. I have had some relationship issues and work issues and I suffer from anxiety and depression. I have obsessive, negative thoughts about my relationship and it was seriously impacting it. I was fighting with my partner everyday because I couldn't stop thinking about our problems. Since I've taken the medicine, we had one fight. I do sleep a ton though I seem to be shaking that off a little. I feel like so far so good.

January 11, 2012 6:02 PM

Review by Ash1111:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I've been taking 50mg for 4 weeks now. It does work but it has dulled a lot of my emotions and many things I used to enjoy, I now find boring. I still have some anxiety but it has definitely made me calmer. Also my sex drive is dead! I'm a 23 yo male and my previously high sex drive is gone! I also find it super hard to climax. I'm going to see a doctor about augmenting Zoloft with Wellbutin to counter this effect. This medication is worth a shot but the sexual side effects and boredom are very troubling for me.

January 11, 2012 4:14 AM

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Wish it worked for me but gave up after 8 weeks of headaches & nausea. I know it's popular but it did nothing for me.

January 10, 2012 8:11 PM

Review by Valenciana:

For Depression: I take 200 mg (the maximum recommended dosage) of Zoloft to help with my depression. It hasn't helped very much, however. I still get very depressed sometimes, and it hasn't made much of a difference with my anxiety either. I take it in conjunction with Risperidone. For some reason my psychiatrist seems to think the thing to do is to keep increasing the medication, even though I feel no noticeable difference.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2012 5:02 PM

For Depression: I only took this medicine once. The 1st night I was very anxious and unable to sleep plus my pulse rate was irregular and fast. Decided to just use Xanax for difficulty sleeping and no side effects. Citalopram was prescribed to me for insomnia and anxiety after my husband died unexpectedly. Following side effects of Citalopram tried Zoloft.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2012 3:28 PM

For Panic Disorder: I started taking Zoloft after a very bad head on collision left me with post traumatic stress disorder and severe anxiety. I was taking Xanax but it did not help. I just started the Zoloft and agree, it is a miracle. Started at 50 mg then went to 100 and 100 left me feeling sick to my stomach and overall blah. I am taking just 50 and feel better. I feel more in control and stable. Have not had a panic attack since taking this medicine in just less than one week.

January 9, 2012 6:57 AM

I had taken Zoloft for a year now and it did work wonders for my mood. However I did have some side effects. Loss of sex drive and very vivid and disturbing dreams. So much so I have decided to try something else. My doctor has put me on Viibryd but I am experiencing too many side effects on that too. Hopefully I can find something that works for me.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2012 9:22 AM

Review by Burnsler:

For Depression: Just didn't do much for me at all. Finally I switched to another SSRI and the difference is so huge! Don't be afraid to try another if it's just not working. I really, really wish I had done it sooner.

January 4, 2012 4:08 AM

For Depression: I've been taking Zoloft for maybe 2 months now. I've gradually gotten up to 200mg and notice a big change in my mood, after Lexapro wasn't cutting it anymore. I have severe depression and I notice a big improvement. So far, not many side effects besides fidgeting, I can't sit still for the life of me. I've also noticed that if I miss a dose of Lexapro, I didn't feel much different. If I miss a dose of Zoloft, I become horribly agitated. When I sleep that night, I have horribly vivid nightmares and cold sweats all throughout the night and rarely sleep. I have also noticed a bit of decreased appetite and energy. Overall, so far I'm very happy with the results and hope I can continue on this path.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2011 11:07 AM

For Depression: All I can say is don't give up - the dosage might not be right! I was on this for 2 months at 100mgs for 2 months without any visible difference. The doctor suggested I double the dose which I resisted doing, but when I did I felt better almost immediately and have been fine for 8 months now despite a challenging few months. The dosage makes all the difference. Some people are better on low doses, other, like me, do better on a high dose.

December 19, 2011 12:14 PM

Review by lookatmeboy:

For Depression: I hear amazing reviews on this SSRI, but I cannot relate. I am 23 and I love to work out. Zoloft left me zombified with erectile dysfunction. After coming off of Celexa and trying this SSRI I'm pretty sure SSRI's aren't for me. I could not move from my couch and the X-box. I sat there for days no longer WANTING to take care of myself (clean, eat) and I was getting fat. I would speed home every day after work just so I could get to my couch. I slept constantly and binged when I forced myself off the couch. I was lifeless. It brought reality to my world which was amazing! But I didn't have any energy to enjoy it.

December 16, 2011 11:16 AM

Review by lockjaw:

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Zoloft treated my symptoms very well. The only problem was my inability to ejaculate. Need less to say, I had to discontinue this medication due to this side effect.

December 14, 2011 12:17 AM

Review by karathrace69:

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Been on this for several years and it works very well for my post traumatic stress disorder.

December 11, 2011 4:20 PM

Review by AoifeB:

For Depression: I have been taking zoloft 50mg for a month now and i find this med wonderful.It was my first time taking antidepressants so i was little nervous. The side effects I experienced were upset stomach,shaky hands,decrease in appetite and trouble sleeping but after a week or two these side effects dissapeared and im feeling great! :) I found this medication gave me lots of energy, my body doesnt feel so sluggish and drained anymore. Regarding the weight gain, I havent gained a pound, I've actually lost weight. My mood has lifted and I find myself thinking alot more positive .Simple Daily tasks are not so hard to do anymore and i can gradually feel myself going back to the girl I was before my depression kicked in. Thank god for zoloft :)

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2011 1:39 PM

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Best thing that has ever happened to me. I suffer from anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder. At first I wanted to stop taking it because the side effects were too much, as in tiredness and nausea. Once I had been taking it for a month and a half to 2 months I have no side-effects and I have a significant better quality of life. I take 100mg and I slowly increased and found it was a good spot for me. For a while I had the shakes and it bothered me but those are gone now too and I have been on it for about 5 months. With therapy and Zoloft I am a much happier and less anxious person. Keep trying and keep taking the medicine. It's worth it I promise. I am 19.

December 6, 2011 6:22 PM

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I was diagnosed with PMDD about 9 months ago, after tracking symptoms with my Gynecologist. We tried the Yaz/Zoloft treatment (25mg) for three months, one week prior to your period. The first month, it worked like a charm. The second, I started feeling off, almost numb to things. By the third, I was a basket case. This is also when the weight gain kicked in - I gained almost 15 lbs in 5-6 weeks. If I wasn't depressed before, this definitely did the trick. My Doctor then took me off the Yaz/Zoloft regimen and opted to stop my periods altogether, to stop the monthly hormone fluctuation. I have been on Seasonique for three months and it has been amazing! I am finally feeling back to myself after almost a year.

December 6, 2011 10:27 AM

Review by Scottie123:

For Depression: I have been taking Wellbutrin for a while for my depression but it stopped working. My doctor prescribed Zoloft. It definitely worked well but the side effects are undesirable, I clench my teeth a lot my heart beats fast, I have nausea and I have delayed or no ejaculation. It's driving me nuts.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2011 7:34 PM

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I was diagnosed recently with purely obsessional OCD and social anxiety and started on 25mg/day of Zoloft. Aside from a brief period of what I would call adjusting to lack of anxiety and a few mild side effects (nausea from time to time), Zoloft has given me peace and stability. The obsessive thoughts are mostly gone, but even when they do rear their ugly heads, the anxiety isn't there. It's also had an awesome mitigating effect on my ADHD. The side effects show up once in a while, but I'm willing to take a little bit of nausea over constant obsessing and crippling anxiety any day.

November 24, 2011 6:47 PM

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I am rating this a 7 because I was on it for 4 years from 2003-2007. I was 19 and going through a bad break up with my son's dad. Before Zoloft I hated social situations and never wanted to leave the house. A week after 25mg a night I got off the couch, went to tech school, graduated with honors, got a great paying job. A while after being on Zoloft I started partying, had a bunch of energy. Then had mania. Got visuals, bad thought and high blood pressure. Was diagnosed with bipolar a year ago. Only been taking Ativan, couldn't handle Seroquel. My regular MD wants me to try Zoloft again.

November 23, 2011 1:47 PM

Review by HopingItGetsBetter:

For Depression: Recent depression creeping up; extreme lows and mood wings, general and especially social anxiety, lethargy, night-time binge eating ...so gained weight gain (52 lbs) in last 1.5 yrs, which destroyed my self-confidence/image. I've been spending my life in bed, only getting up to go to work where I'm very distracted and have difficulty concentrating, mind racing with negative thoughts and having anxiety. I finally decided that it was time to try medication. Started 50mg with dinner tonight. Half way through dinner I lost my appetite and became very tired, decided to take an hour nap and woke up 1 hr later with pupils dilated, jaw clenched, shivering, and "diarrhea", feeling "cloudy" mentally. Hope it gets better.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2011 1:19 AM

Review by Lifechanger:

For Depression: I have experienced depression and anxiety for the last five years and was prescribed Luvox. However I was still getting a lot of mood swings, was very low and anxious - struggling to hold down my job due to sleep deprivation. After three months on this medicine I only wish I had moved over sooner. I have never felt the urge to write a review like this before but felt the desire due to the significant change it has brought to my life and that for my wife and kids. No weight gain for me although I did have headaches for a few days but they passed within a week. Highly recommended.

November 16, 2011 3:58 AM

Review by Ss1990:

For Depression: I am in my first week and it is awful. Have not stopped crying and feeling sick and no appetite.

November 15, 2011 7:38 AM