User Reviews for Zoloft

Postpartum Depression 6 reviews 7 medications

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 521 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression: I was suffering from depression and anxiety for as long as I could remember, but never sought treatment. My family has always been against relying on any sort of psychiatric drugs and believe in willpower as a medicine. Eventually, my condition got so bad, that I knew I had to do something about it. Zoloft saved my life! I feel like myself again and my rationality and naturally positive outlook have returned to me. Plus I haven't gained a pound! The only really negative side effect is reduced sex drive. This can also be due to hormonal birth control. I have also had very vivid dreams since going on Zoloft (50mg). That, I'm not complaining about. Amazing medication!

March 8, 2012 9:50 AM

Review by ocdmummy:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have been taking Zoloft now for 7 Years. I felt almost instant relief for about a week after first taking it only to come crashing back down again. I guess it was some kind of placebo effect. But sticking it out and uping my dose to 200mg a day, after about six weeks I felt so much better. I could function and instead of my mind having 100's of things running through it I could focus on the one thing and work through my problems. My only side effects was an upset tummy. But that passed. I'm grateful for this medication. It saved my life.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2012 8:49 AM

For Panic Disorder: I've been on Zoloft for 3 months. 1st 4 days were awful. Worked perfectly in 14 days at 50mg. After 1 month stopped working, raised to 100mg then it worked again after only two days. I've been on 100mg since, and I feel good. I've had only three very short panic attacks (seconds) but sometimes I feel down and bored. I don't know if that's because of the Zoloft or my condition or just due to normal daily life stuff. Overall, I feel good and back to normal. I am writing this because I was here once 3 months ago and it felt really good to read the reviews. It's totally normal like any health condition.

March 6, 2012 2:44 PM

Review by doozer5297:

For Depression: I just want to say Zoloft is awesome. I have been a very happy person now, 16 yo male.

March 3, 2012 11:37 PM

Review by Kristy S.:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have general anxiety disorder. I see a therapist weekly. She said I suffer from anxiety and depression. I lost my best friend in Jan and it triggered my anxiety and depression. I'm a stay a home mom of 2 kids. Daily activities became a hassle and I stress and worry so much now. This past week I've noticed a change for the better but I felt I was still battling it. I had bad tension headaches and went to my Dr and he gave me 25 mg to take for a month. I took one almost 2 1/2 hours ago. I started yawning and became tired. I'm laying in bed now and feel awake. So far it seems to be working. I feel calm and not stressed. I'm hoping it works like it has for everyone else.

March 2, 2012 11:25 AM

Review by reck shop:

For Panic Disorder: I tried it and had a big attack. But I guess that's normal when you have anxiety. I read some of these comments and decided to give it another try. Lets see what happens.

March 1, 2012 9:04 PM

Review by lavidadulce727:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I suffer from OCD and intrusive/compulsive thoughts that create almost unbearable anxiety. In Oct '11, I was prescribed Zoloft and found it to work incredibly. On 100mg, my OCD is 85-90% gone, and I can easily rationalize and even blow off my intrusive/compulsive thoughts about 95% of the time. I felt better within a week, but it did take 3-4 weeks for me to notice its full effect. I'd describe the feeling it gives as light, airy and happy/drifty. I haven't experienced any side effects, and haven't gained any weight. On a side note, I also found that one huge factor contributing to my anxiety is too much caffeine, even when taking Zoloft (I still have one cup of coffee to wake up in the morning, but I've found that's my strict limit).

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2012 2:04 AM

Review by msl2u:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have been taking this medicine for a little over 2mths and I have notice a big difference in my behavior. I laugh a lot more now and talk in a group more and today I was able to go shopping to two different stores and sign up for the gym all by myself and not feel like everyone is talking or staring at me. I even was able to talk to people in the store and not feel funny. I hope this lasts because I kind of like getting out by myself although I still have to push myself to do things, overall I am thankful for this medicine.

February 28, 2012 8:52 PM

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I can live again. Zoloft is a miracle medicine.

February 28, 2012 9:27 AM

Review by stilllsearching:

For Depression: Zoloft was great for controlling my depression, anxiety and obsessive thinking. The side effects were not terrible, all but one of them went away in about a month. The ones that only lasted through the first month were: feeling tired and drained as well as an occasional but mild headache, however, the only long lasting side effect was decreased sex drive, which unfortunately never subsided for me, (the drive is still there, it just isn't as intense) This is a great medicine for depression, anxiety and obsessive thoughts, if you haven't tried it, please do.

February 27, 2012 9:39 PM

Review by j kman manic boy29:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Zoloft at first helped with immediate lifting of my moderately to severely depressed state, while unergiong treatment with the medication I have been in so many words transformed (as far as OCD) symptomoligies go. I stopped my continuous ritualistic, obsessive habits such as checking, obsessive cleaning, etc. and began instead to be noticed by everyone as having a relatively light and airy disposition as opposed to my former, neurotic and morose self. The dose had to be increased to work optimally, in fact several times. I had no noticeable sexual side effects, as other SSRI's I had used. The change I experienced as far as mood, behaviors, etc. were first in fact noticed by others, than by myself.

February 21, 2012 4:02 PM

Review by ElizabethRC:

For Depression: This helped me a lot when I started taking it about six months ago. I had to switch over from Celexa because of the recent problems Celexa has caused. Just recently, however, Zoloft has completely stopped working for me. I feel like I haven't felt in years: a deep sense of sadness that has nothing to do with my current circumstances. All brains are slightly different, though, so I don't mean to imply that this won't work for others.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2012 10:17 AM

For Panic Disorder: I started taking Zoloft about two weeks ago for anxiety and panic attacks because I have a fear of being alone and driving. I have tried everything to avoid medications cognitive therapy , vitamins, and even Buspar, a medicine with a short life. I am not sure if it's working yet to fix my problems but I feel happier and my boyfriend notices the difference. The first week was horrible. I got every side effect listed. I also had a major panic attack, when I called the doctor he said to hang in there once my body gets used to it they will all go away. Which for the most part they have. I put the medicine to the test yesterday by driving by myself and was extremely panicky. I made it through with out a panic attack.

February 14, 2012 8:44 AM

For Panic Disorder: The stress from my job causes me to question my decisions and while I am usually right 99% of the time, I still have self-confidence issues that result in panic attacks. These attacks cloud my thought process and at times have resulted in some pretty stressful presentations. Therapy, 0.25 mg of Xanax prior to a key presentations (maybe twice a month) and 100 mg of Zoloft daily for the past 6 months have been amazing! I think more clearly, I am much more articulate, don't worry about my decisions, and sleep at night. Very few side effects.

February 13, 2012 8:45 PM

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I just started Zoloft 3 days ago and am encouraged by those of you who say the drowiness goes away after a while. I am on the one week prior to my period regime, due to PMDD. It is amazing already how calm and patient I am with my kids and husband. I had been on other meds in the past for depression, but hadn't taken anything in a few years. I have to say for the last post, the Yaz can make you depressed and gain weight. I would have just done the Zoloft. Loving the Zoloft. Excited to see how I feel when the side effects go away.

February 5, 2012 10:11 AM

For Depression: I am a 44 year old women who is going through the early stages of the Change of Life. I was very on edge alot and upset when things did not go my way. Mood swings alot and alot of anger. Since I have been on Zoloft my husband says that I am easier to talk to and my teenage daughters enjoy being around me. I am so happy that I have my life back on track.

February 5, 2012 8:52 AM

Review by A New Life:

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I suffer from post traumatic stress disorder. I am 47 now. I have had panic and anger issues all my life to the point I wanted to hurt someone. I have used Xanax in the past, but it was just a band aid. My doctor put me on Zoloft and I have never been so centered in my life. Nothing rattles me and the people I work with and my family enjoy being around me now. I don't care if I have to take this the rest of my life as long as it makes me feel this in control. The only side effect has been increased sex drive with difficulty ejaculating and my concentration is a little off.

February 2, 2012 8:08 PM

For Panic Disorder: Started taking Zoloft four days ago and can already tell the difference. I was having trouble driving because I had several panic attacks while doing so. I have driven every day since starting the Zoloft and it hasn't bothered me yay! The only side effect I notice is it upsets my stomach, but I have found if I take it with a smoothie it doesn't.

February 2, 2012 2:57 PM

For Panic Disorder: I remember looking at this website 5 or so months ago trying to find reviews on Zoloft and I must admit it scared me to even try it. I have been struggling with anxiety/panic disorder since the age of 13. (I am now 19) It would come and go, I would be good for a few months and then have a month of extreme anxiety. I have tried almost every medication out there from Celxa, Paxil, Lexapro, Abilify and many more. All of them made me feel emotionless. Yeah, the anxiety was gone but so was all my other emotions. I went a year without any medication only to hit rock bottom. I couldn't leave the house, I quit my job, and overall lost my passion for life! Zoloft changed that, it truely saved my life! I HIGHLY recommend Zoloft!

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2012 4:19 PM

Review by beezybad:

For Panic Disorder: Been taking Zoloft for 2 weeks and 3 days for panic attacks and general anxiety disorder. 2 weeks in I felt like myself again, careless towards things that didn't matter and was able to go to work and be more social. For 3 days now I've felt strange, had a panic attack though on day 14 and I think that might be why (can't get over them sometimes). I can't wait for a month to be over with so I'll get the full effect of Zoloft. Hopefully I'll be back to normal soon.

February 1, 2012 12:11 AM

Review by brieya:

For Panic Disorder: I take a 100 mg at night my side effects are teeth gritting at night, no appetite and shaky hands. It helps with the illness though and I love it.

January 31, 2012 7:30 AM

Review by grover777:

For Panic Disorder: Two weeks of digestive symptoms, and six weeks of not being able to orgasm, but then this medicine kicked in and I felt almost normal again. All the side effects went away. I started at 50 mg and never went up. My anxiety had settled down to where I could talk myself through it or ignore it. I am so grateful Zoloft was the first medicine I tried, and that it worked so well. I had a history of migraines, three or four a year, some so severe they lasted for weeks and/or sent me to the ER, and I haven't had a single migraine in the year I've been on Zoloft. SSRIs are not supposed to prevent migraines, but it sure seems like my issues were related.

January 30, 2012 5:13 PM

Review by kateo:

For Depression: Very good for treating depression, although there are some sexual side effects.

January 17, 2012 11:05 PM

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I just started taking Zoloft 3 days ago for general and social anxiety. I have experienced side effects that include headaches, discomfort in my chest, nausea, decrease in appetite, losing weight already. Sometimes it feels like my head is bound up. I used to get really tense while driving, but with the medicine I don't get tense, just alert. I haven't been back to school or work so I'm not sure how effective it is for my social anxiety. I am now generally happy and I do not experience worrisome thoughts as much. It makes me tired and sometime I just pass out and wake up with insomnia. I used to be very mean to my dog, I think he is seeing a difference in my behavior. I'm hoping the symptoms become less. 50mg then 100mg.

January 17, 2012 7:37 AM

For Depression: Started sertraline at 25mg and have slowly increased to 200mg daily over a period of 9 months. My depression is totally gone, but have continued to battle general anxiety and a little social anxiety. Just increased to 200 mg this week and have my fingers crossed! I also take 1 mg Klonopin daily. I'm a 55 year old female and as I look back over my life, I can see that I've always had anxiety issues. Zoloft has been a tremendous help for me!

January 15, 2012 8:24 AM