User Reviews for Zoloft

Depression 296 reviews 76 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 644 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Zoloft

For Panic Disorder "Best method to cure panic forever."

lollmer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I am a 44 year old women, I have had anxiety attacks since I was 30 but didn't know what it was. A year ago I started having panic attacks, I would wake up with them I thought I was going to die. I went to the E.R about three times everything was fine. I was depressed, paranoid, scared to drive, had every panic symptom, went to the doctor and couldn't stop crying. Thank God they knew what to do. I was put on some medicines at first that made me sicker then having a panic attack. It was horrible I then was put on Zoloft. I started on 25mg and work up to 150mg I slowly started feeling better besides not eating and sleeping but I am now feeling like myself and haven't had any panic attacks, minor side effects but I feel so much better thanks to the Zoloft."

Anonymous June 21, 2013

For Depression "This is the best medicine that I've ever been on for depression. I still have some symptoms but I've seen a huge improvement in my happiness and social life since I started taking it."

TheGingerLover19 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 20, 2013

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on Zoloft for the past two months now, and last week went up to 100 mg from 50mg. No real great dramatic feelings of elation and euphoria. I would honestly say though that it has diminished my depression quite a bit, and I am not quite as troubled by my regrets, which really bring me down as well as the living situation I am in now. I have been struggling with suicidal thoughts for the last six months and go back and forth between wanting to just end my existence, to realizing I don't want to end my life; I just want a higher quality of life."

LuckyMe03 June 10, 2013

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Made me mood swingy, fuzzy headed, increased irrational thought patterns, impaired short term memory, permanently damaged recall memory. It helped numb me, but it was almost impossible to be happy on it."

Lizzi T June 5, 2013

For Depression "I have been taking Zoloft for 10 years. I take 100 mg daily. I have found that all of my symptoms have diminished. In times real stress, I take an extra pill. All I can say is that none of the previous drugs I took helped me at all. I have depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. At age 59 I still react to anything that sounds like gunfire. I spent 33 years working for the government, 2 in the Army the rest in law enforcement. I have found that I have no issues to deal with. I did once while out of the country lose my prescription while backpacking. It was horrible for me and my two friends. I take my pill in the evening before bed. No side effects at all. I found Zoloft to be a God send for me."

Dirty Hanky May 26, 2013

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was on 150 mg Zoloft for about 2 years. It worked fairly well at combating my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and depression however, it gave me horrible insomnia/nausea. I probably would've given it a seven if it weren't for the side effects. They're just something that everyone who takes it should be aware of."

YourVeryOwnConstellation (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 13, 2013

For Panic Disorder "Anxiety hit following 18 months of anger/grief. I was 36 years old and over a period of just 1 months anxiety spiralled out of control - developing a fear of driving and being alone - nearing not leaving the house. Shrink prescribed Zoloft, the first week was bad. I remember massive weight loss, insomnia and excessive yawning. These side effects soon disappeared and six weeks later this miracle pill started to kick in. Started on 12.5mg and have slowly increased over nine months to 175mg. Now 1 yr later returning back to normal, anxiety did get worse at every increase of dose before getting better. Give it time it will work. Exercise and CBT also helps heaps."

Tiffany0001 May 12, 2013

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I take 50 mg of Zoloft and 3 x 2mg Xanax a day and 1 Adderall XR 30mg. I was so depressed at one time before I got on these medicines. "

ky man (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2013

For Depression "My fiance and I broke up, which made me depressed. 3 weeks later, my mother passed away. I couldn't stop crying. A hospital was testing anti-depressants on me. We decided that Zoloft worked best on me. It made it easier to cope & I finally stopped crying. Eventually I was able to get back to my normal life. I took it for about 2 months.If it makes you tired, take it before bed, which I did. I believe it saved my life."

Kristy Farrellbon May 5, 2013

175 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I am 21 years old, and a senior in college. I told myself that if I had a good experience on Zoloft I would share it. I have been on it for almost two months now. I started at 25mg and I am not on 50mg. I couldn't even sit through class without feeling like I was going to have a panic attack, and I could barely go out in public. I am on 1mg Klonopin twice a day (have been for a year). Zoloft worked WONDERS for me! I was suicidal as well and had crazy obsessive thoughts. Those have been completely diminished. I have tried other anti-depressants, and they made me feel gloomy. However, Zoloft has done the opposite for me and has brought me back to my old self! I had minimal side effects, and I am completely adjusted now. Thank you Zoloft!"

Kay1546 April 27, 2013

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I was addicted to opiates for years and when I went to treatment and came off of them was diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorders. Zoloft has really helped with anxiety and depression. No urges to abuse opiates, a general good mood (it's not a euphoric thing, just a normal human feeling). Only when I began taking it did I have side effects, and they were very mild. I felt overstimulated for a day or two and maybe had a few heart flutter feelings but after a few days no side effects and after a week or two no depression."

RD829 April 20, 2013

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on antidepressants since I was 23. I started on Paxil which made me a zombie and felt suicidal. Then switched to Effexor which worked for a while but made me have unconscious behaviors alot. I have now been on Zoloft for almost a year and I feel clear headed, not as reactive or erratic. I do have headaches and trouble sleeping off and low sex drive. Overall better Life on daily basis. I feel happier."

twittyanne (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 19, 2013

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on Zoloft 100MG for the last 3 years. It has been a life saver for me. Before Zoloft everyone kept telling me I was depressed and experiencing anxiety. I didn't believe them. I thought that was just me. Then at my doctors strong recommendation I started with the Zoloft. It did make me tired at first but I continued to take it and am so glad I did. I no longer have crying spells or lay in bed not wanting to get up. I no longer freak out(as my kids would say) or obsess about small things that really didn't matter. I no longer have a short fuse. I am calm, relaxed, nice, and very happy. I cannot imagine my life without Zoloft. Zoloft has made me a much better mom and person."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2013

309 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have been taking Zoloft for Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression, and Obsessive Compulsive disorder. It has been seven months since I began taking it. I have been taking 50mg on weekdays, as it does not seem to change the effect of the medication despite what my psychiatrist has said. I feel as if it does significantly improves my anxiety, although I do have bad days. It has not seemed to significantly improve anything else; my Depression and OCD may have actually gotten worse."

Ms.Anonymous April 17, 2013

For Depression "I had no noticeable negative side effects, and was able to function in a normal way without feeling like it was forced."

JcM2012 April 15, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I am a vet with post traumatic stress disorder. My dr. Just put me on 25mg sertraline. My first night of taking the pill I could not sleep. I'll have to wait and see any other effects."

JONES R JR April 9, 2013

For Depression "This worked in the way that it got me back on track and made me feel like my old bubbly self. My social skills improved because I love talking to people now. I'm generally happier. Low days are few and far between. Confidence improved and my obsessive thoughts almost ceased completely. Did not experience weight gain. No real side effects I report. This medication helps to get your mind sorted and the rest is up to you to work on yourself."

Meyla April 8, 2013

181 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I've suffered from Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder for about 5 years. I tried Seasonique for two years and thought it was working, but every time I had blood work done my markers for heart disease were off the charts. It was so strange and no one could figure out why. I also gained A LOT of weight. I stopped taking the Seasonique and went on the 50 mg Zoloft which I take from day 7 until I menstruate. It has changed my life. Before, I felt like abandoning my entire life and felt so guilty that I couldn't enjoy my children at all. But now I'm able to get perspective on things. I don't rage and I'm able to manage my PMDD. I would recommend it to anyone suffering. It's the only thing I take now and my blood work is all normal."

works for me! (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 6, 2013

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "After a heat stroke, I would have random, uncontrollable cry spells- sometimes for hours. Also developed horrible anxiety. I always had knots in my stomach, and sometimes in public I would suffer "fight or flight." It was just exhausting. I tried Celexa 20 mg, and that made me cry MORE. So, a few months later I tried Zoloft. On 50 mg and it's been only 6 days. I feel more at ease, better when I wake up, and sleep better! Easier to go to work. Have the courage to try this, it seems like it is turning my life around for the better! Only side effect I have had is diarrhea but it it is a small price to pay for happiness, trust me."

live life April 3, 2013

"After having a baby my anxiety increased dramatically. Anxiety attacks all the time. Didn't want to be around people and was super paranoid about flu season and the baby. Terrible moods and could go from ok to angry in minutes. I would have panic attacks if I had to leave the baby and was extra particular about cleaning and routine, to the point of ridiculousness. I have been on 25mg of Zoloft for 1 month and I can finally relax! My mood has improved greatly. I've been able to go to work, socialize,and grocery shop. Zoloft has not helped with sleep. Even on 0.5mg of clonazepam at night, it still takes me hours to fall asleep. Having vivid dreams/nightmares and restless sleep. Hope those stop because I feel like myself again taking the Zoloft."

Was skeptical! April 2, 2013

For Depression "I was on Zoloft for about 5 years. Before that I was on Effexor and Paxil which I did not tolerate well due to the half life. Zoloft was good but after several years I developed side effects. Tremor, jaw clenching, weight gain, sexual dysfunction...I weaned myself off of all meds which was really hard. It's been nearly a year and I'm ready to go back on something. I've tried natural therapies for SADD, PMDD, depression, anxiety and it's not working."

Kat64 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 24, 2013

For Depression "I was on Zoloft years 9 years ago for social anxiety and it worked great for me. I decided to get off it but slowly all my symptoms came back. Also got very depressed. Got back in Zoloft 7 months ago and I feel great again. I did have to get a night guard from my dentist. I chipped two from teeth and cracked a molar from grinding my teeth. 200mg daily."

J bird (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, panic attack, aggression, paranoia. I started with Sertraline a few month ago 100mg. Before that I used Citalopram for a year 30mg which caused head pressure so I wanted to stop with it. 100mg Sertraline made me and zombie like, low concentration so after two months I lowered it to 50mg day. My aggression came back but I had more concentration and willing to get out of the house. At one stage I felt like this medicines is not helping so I decided to quit and I began to take 1/3 of the 100mg tablet a day (approx 35mg). I've read that one is never to go cold turkey with SSRI's (side effects). My paranoia came back with vengeance! So I went back to 50mg and paranoia went away. I think I will try 100mg again."

Che Guebuddha (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2013

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have been suffering from anxiety for at least 15 years on and off due to being in a high pressure corporate role, coming to terms with my sexuality and 4 hectic years due to several life changes both personally and professionally. I decided 2 years ago enough was enough and tried Effexor for 12 months for my anxiety, it worked but I was in a haze all the time and it was horrendous to get off that stuff. I then had to go onto Lexapro which was a nightmare to get on and while it did work well and my anxiety stopped I still felt medicated. I then tapered off Lexapro, for 5 months unmedicated and was feeling okay then my anxiety came back worse. I am now on day 3 of Zoloft and I feel better with no bad side effects. Fingers crossed."

karmann79 March 12, 2013