User Reviews for Zoloft

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 484 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by karathrace69:

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Been on this for several years and it works very well for my post traumatic stress disorder.

December 11, 2011 4:20 PM

Review by AoifeB:

For Depression: I have been taking zoloft 50mg for a month now and i find this med wonderful.It was my first time taking antidepressants so i was little nervous. The side effects I experienced were upset stomach,shaky hands,decrease in appetite and trouble sleeping but after a week or two these side effects dissapeared and im feeling great! :) I found this medication gave me lots of energy, my body doesnt feel so sluggish and drained anymore. Regarding the weight gain, I havent gained a pound, I've actually lost weight. My mood has lifted and I find myself thinking alot more positive .Simple Daily tasks are not so hard to do anymore and i can gradually feel myself going back to the girl I was before my depression kicked in. Thank god for zoloft :)

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2011 1:39 PM

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Best thing that has ever happened to me. I suffer from anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder. At first I wanted to stop taking it because the side effects were too much, as in tiredness and nausea. Once I had been taking it for a month and a half to 2 months I have no side-effects and I have a significant better quality of life. I take 100mg and I slowly increased and found it was a good spot for me. For a while I had the shakes and it bothered me but those are gone now too and I have been on it for about 5 months. With therapy and Zoloft I am a much happier and less anxious person. Keep trying and keep taking the medicine. It's worth it I promise. I am 19.

December 6, 2011 6:22 PM

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I was diagnosed with PMDD about 9 months ago, after tracking symptoms with my Gynecologist. We tried the Yaz/Zoloft treatment (25mg) for three months, one week prior to your period. The first month, it worked like a charm. The second, I started feeling off, almost numb to things. By the third, I was a basket case. This is also when the weight gain kicked in - I gained almost 15 lbs in 5-6 weeks. If I wasn't depressed before, this definitely did the trick. My Doctor then took me off the Yaz/Zoloft regimen and opted to stop my periods altogether, to stop the monthly hormone fluctuation. I have been on Seasonique for three months and it has been amazing! I am finally feeling back to myself after almost a year.

December 6, 2011 10:27 AM

Review by Scottie123:

For Depression: I have been taking Wellbutrin for a while for my depression but it stopped working. My doctor prescribed Zoloft. It definitely worked well but the side effects are undesirable, I clench my teeth a lot my heart beats fast, I have nausea and I have delayed or no ejaculation. It's driving me nuts.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2011 7:34 PM

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I was diagnosed recently with purely obsessional OCD and social anxiety and started on 25mg/day of Zoloft. Aside from a brief period of what I would call adjusting to lack of anxiety and a few mild side effects (nausea from time to time), Zoloft has given me peace and stability. The obsessive thoughts are mostly gone, but even when they do rear their ugly heads, the anxiety isn't there. It's also had an awesome mitigating effect on my ADHD. The side effects show up once in a while, but I'm willing to take a little bit of nausea over constant obsessing and crippling anxiety any day.

November 24, 2011 6:47 PM

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I am rating this a 7 because I was on it for 4 years from 2003-2007. I was 19 and going through a bad break up with my son's dad. Before Zoloft I hated social situations and never wanted to leave the house. A week after 25mg a night I got off the couch, went to tech school, graduated with honors, got a great paying job. A while after being on Zoloft I started partying, had a bunch of energy. Then had mania. Got visuals, bad thought and high blood pressure. Was diagnosed with bipolar a year ago. Only been taking Ativan, couldn't handle Seroquel. My regular MD wants me to try Zoloft again.

November 23, 2011 1:47 PM

Review by HopingItGetsBetter:

For Depression: Recent depression creeping up; extreme lows and mood wings, general and especially social anxiety, lethargy, night-time binge eating ...so gained weight gain (52 lbs) in last 1.5 yrs, which destroyed my self-confidence/image. I've been spending my life in bed, only getting up to go to work where I'm very distracted and have difficulty concentrating, mind racing with negative thoughts and having anxiety. I finally decided that it was time to try medication. Started 50mg with dinner tonight. Half way through dinner I lost my appetite and became very tired, decided to take an hour nap and woke up 1 hr later with pupils dilated, jaw clenched, shivering, and "diarrhea", feeling "cloudy" mentally. Hope it gets better.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2011 1:19 AM

Review by Lifechanger:

For Depression: I have experienced depression and anxiety for the last five years and was prescribed Luvox. However I was still getting a lot of mood swings, was very low and anxious - struggling to hold down my job due to sleep deprivation. After three months on this medicine I only wish I had moved over sooner. I have never felt the urge to write a review like this before but felt the desire due to the significant change it has brought to my life and that for my wife and kids. No weight gain for me although I did have headaches for a few days but they passed within a week. Highly recommended.

November 16, 2011 3:58 AM

Review by Ss1990:

For Depression: I am in my first week and it is awful. Have not stopped crying and feeling sick and no appetite.

November 15, 2011 7:38 AM

Review by Grills:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I've suffered from OCD since about the age of 9, but wasn't diagnosed until I was 44. I was prescribed Zoloft at 100mg a day at first combined with some cognitive therapy. After around a month the dose was increased to 200mg/day, which seemed to work more effectively. I have now been taking Zoloft for 10 years now with no significant side effects (only feeling slightly hotter than before). I found if I didn't take the Zoloft with a meal or on an empty stomach, I would feel very nauseous. But, all is great if taking with my meal. Zoloft has helped my life considerably. My wife often comments how much more chilled I am and easier to get along with and we can talk about OCD openly with an understanding of why these compulsions were there etc.

November 5, 2011 12:09 AM

For Anxiety and Stress: I love it! I have only been on the product for about two weeks now. I had an upset stomach for a week initially; which is now a mild ache. It has curbed my snacking which may have been from depression, but no weight loss (yet). A side from that, I have no anxiety or it's very minimal. I am taking 50mg and don't feel doped up. I even rose my hand and asked questions during a meeting which I never use to do without severe stress and anxiety. I don't have the "what if" in traffic and have more confidence in myself. It kills anxiety if you are a true sufferer, but it also kills your libido.

November 2, 2011 10:31 AM

Review by K10:

For Anxiety and Stress: I started taking Zoloft after experiencing physical symptoms of anxiety at random moments and cyclical mood swings with depression that had a very strong physical component (I had nothing to be sad about I just ached and couldn't get out of bed or smile) The first week I took it I felt like I was in a complete fog. I lost my appetite, had upset stomach and it messed up my sleep. Once my body adjusted (about 2 weeks) I had more energy, was more engaging with my friends and family and the physical symptoms subsided. After about 3 months I moved and lost my medicines and stopped abruptly. The depression and anxiety came back tenfold because I didn't wean myself off. I felt overwhelmed with life. Zoloft works great but it's very powerful.

November 1, 2011 1:34 PM

Review by BRIDEOFCHRIST:

For Panic Disorder: I started taking zoloft for panic attacks because xanax alone was not working and let me tell you - zoloft is a miracle. Zoloft feels like an anchor is on my brain keeping me so much more stable. It has even helped tone down my paranoia and hallucinations. Thanks to whoever created zoloft!

October 31, 2011 1:00 PM

Review by Ryan22:

For Anxiety and Stress: This did help me with depression a few years ago, but my doctor tried to put me back on it for anxiety this time and I immediately felt the side effects that I really didn't pinpoint to this at the time but after just two doses this time around they were EXACTLY as I remembered. Diarrhea and an inability to relax. The diarrhea was horrible, when I would eat out I would have to be by a bathroom, I found myself looking around for a restroom. I thought it was me but I now know it was in fact the Zoloft. Put me in some very embarrassing situations and it kept me from eating out. The inability to relax was quite bad, felt depressed. Thinking back I just hate it that I had to take this medicine, I should have taken it for a few months not a year.

October 29, 2011 10:00 PM

Review by CdnWmn:

For Depression: I starting taking Zoloft after speaking to my doctor about my problems -- irritability, sadness, loss of sex drive, poor body image, etc. She suggested we try this medication for one year at 50 mg a day. Within 2.5 weeks, I started feeling better. I wasn't mad all the time and even managed to have sex again after a nine month hiatus. I felt much more confident and in control of my emotions. I even managed to lose 15 pounds and am still losing. I have experienced no side effects whatsoever.

October 27, 2011 9:44 AM

For Depression: My wife had major mood swings. Irritable, would stay angry for days about the smallest things. No sex drive, tired all the time. An hour after taking the pill, she was a different person. Happy, more affectionate, less tired, funny, easy going. A miracle. She said she had always felt as though she was living her life under water or in the clouds and this medicine made things clear. It's be wonderful. Only side effect has been some bruising.

October 25, 2011 8:55 AM

For Depression: I took Zoloft for a few months for depression. I did notice a slight improvement in my mood, but stopped taking it due to side effects. I felt tired most of the time and lost any sexual interest. These side effects disappeared after a week off Zoloft.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2011 12:41 AM

Review by Lance1989:

For Depression: I took this for over a year at age 20 it got me out of a depressing time. I have always been a VERY shy person and quiet. Literally a day or two after I started taking this I was with some friends and I was like the center of the conversation. I felt like all the mental stuff holding me back was gone! I started thinking more positively while I was on this. I still had bad days, I was unemployed at the time but got through it. I did gain 25lbs while on this. I finally got to a point where I wasn't depressed anymore and was beginning to over react to situations and was getting a discontented/sad feeling where I felt like I had to be doing something so I stopped cold turkey and was okay. I lost all 25 lbs, quieter self is back and depression free.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2011 9:23 PM

Review by CrystalC:

For Depression: I love, love, love my Zoloft. It's been a life-saver. I'm on 25 mg and I did have some insomnia and jitteriness for the first two weeks but that has subsided. Doctor tried to "up" my doseage to 50mg but side effects came back and I was happy at 25mg so I went back down in dosage and I'm content. For the first time in my life I feel like I have some self-control and not constantly on the verge of a meltdown. I feel put back together and I can enjoy my family. I am a 35 year old female who works full time and have two children.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2011 2:18 PM

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have just started taking Zoloft for my severe anxiety disorder. For the last almost year now I have been dealing with this debilitating disorder and I finally had enough went to the doctors and now I'm on 25mg to start. I feel horrible (Nauseated, dizzy, feeling of pressure in my head, slight numbness in lip and jaw and itchy dry feeling in the back of my mouth) but I'm praying with all these positive responses about the medicine it will help me. I'm at the end of my ropes I have two small children. I'm trying to go to school and my anxiety is keeping me from being able to sit in class or go into the grocery store for longer than 2 mins! It has been horrible and came on for no apparent reason. I wish you all the best!

October 20, 2011 6:50 PM

Review by mmvb:

For Depression: I've taken Zoloft off and on for depression and OCD for the past 10 years and have experienced few side effects. I am now taking 100 mg and am fine continuing on it for the rest of my life, though perhaps I'll go down to 50 mg at some point. It's been a real life-saver for me; I am rarely down and still feel very much myself. Also, it hasn't led to any weight gain. In all, am very satisfied.

October 20, 2011 3:25 PM

For Anxiety and Stress: I was prescribed Zoloft 50mg/day for anxiety/stress. I had previously taken Prozac and felt it didn't do a thing for me except decrease my sex drive tremendously. I've only been taking the Zoloft for 4 days and was told to take it at night as it might cause drowsiness. First night, my heart raced slightly, felt jittery, couldn't sleep and had to move my legs constantly, also found my hands shaking some during the day. Second night, no heart racing, but still cant sleep and have to move legs and feel slightly jittery, but feel fatigued during the day. Third night, just restless legs and not sleepy... feel tired during the day. I'm going to start taking it in the mornings and see if that will help. I need sleep. No other side effects so far.

October 17, 2011 1:52 PM

Review by Rakdaros:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Zoloft helped me a lot, perhaps I will sound cliche but for me it is really a miracle. I always had problems being in society of other people, on parties I always felt uneasy and tensed, in some way inferior. Zoloft changed that, also my mood swings became less, my anxiety is almost gone.

October 16, 2011 8:01 AM

Review by Sly :):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I had a traumatic experience with an ex-boyfriend of mine three years back and I've been fine. I am now deployed and doing missions in Iraq and have seen a few explosions and what not and I think that's what triggered my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I was hesitant about trying medicines but they said I could take them and still go out on the road. So far they seem to be helping lighten my mood and actually want to get out of bed in the morning and not worry or get irritated and paranoid at random times like I normally would. I am also taking it with clonazepam, which is helping a lot! No side effects yet, hopefully none to come!

October 9, 2011 2:24 PM