User Reviews for Zoloft

7.3
Summary of Zoloft reviews 536 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I swore that if Zoloft worked for me, I would come back here and write a review. I hope this gives some people hope who are too scared to take it or try something new. I was first put on Lexapro for serious anxiety, which then led to depression. I was on that for about 9 days. It was terrible! Made my anxiety way worse, vomitting, couldn't sleep. So then I was put on Pristiq. I took it one day (fast acting) and felt so weird, shaking out of control, sick to my stomach, etc. FINALLY. I was put on 50mg of Zoloft. I am on my 4th week of it now and I can honestly say I feel like myself again! Only side effect was extremely tired. So I started taking it at night and that has helped! Good luck!

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2012 10:28 AM

Review by CMT01:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I started this two months ago to help with my light depression and anxiety problems as a long-term replacement for Xanax. So far I haven't had to use my Xanax in almost a month. I didn't think this would do much but I was wrong. The first two-three weeks I had some mild nausea and tiredness but that went away pretty quickly.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2012 6:23 AM

Review by KatieJJ (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I am 18 and have been on a daily dose of 25mg of Zoloft for about two months now. Anxiety was literally making my life hell. I cried all the time, had crippling panic attacks, and had terrible derealization/depersonalization. I was hopeless, but afraid of taking medicines. I'm so glad I did anyway... I have only had one side effect, a bigger appetite, and I could feel a huge difference within a few days. It literally gave me my normal life back. I want to share this everywhere to help people like I know I needed help. Talk to your doctor.

October 27, 2012 10:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I started taking Zoloft about three weeks ago. I have noticed various symptoms, I grind my teeth quite a bit which brings on headaches, I yawn constantly and I am always tired (even if I have eight hours sleep). I have not experienced any weight gain as yet, or any other symptoms associated with this medicine. I used to have panic attacks every second day, I have not had one since I started taking Zoloft which is a great outcome. I did get a bit panicky in a social situation two days ago, though was able to control my emotions so I didn't have a panic attack. So far so good.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2012 9:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: Zoloft has been a life saver! I have been on this medicine for about 7 years now. Two kids (3 and 6 months) later I still have to use this medicine, and it works miracles. My husband deployed to Afghanistan and I do not think I could of made it through that time while taking care of our kids without this medicine. The only side effects I had were loss of appetite, tired, and mild headaches but that only lasts about a week. If your just starting this medicine hold on I promise this will help you feel like you again!

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2012 10:51 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have always had really bad anxiety. I started taking Zoloft when my daugther was 2 and I wish I had started it sooner. It helped a lot with my anxiety. I'm no longer mean to people and my rage is gone. It really saved my life. What I don't like is it makes me too relaxed. I just want to sleep all day and its really hard for me to lose weight. I do exercise everyday also to help with the anxiety.

October 7, 2012 8:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I've been taking Zoloft for 3 days on a doctors recommendation and don`t notice any of the the benefits yet. I have felt a whole bunch of side effects including nausea, loss of appetite, drowsiness and diarrhea. I'll be seeing the doctor in two days and from what I understand these side effects should decrease over time.

October 7, 2012 9:50 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I noticed a change almost immediately in my energy levels, moods, and alertness. I would reccomend it to any of my family and friends.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 4, 2012 1:16 PM

Review by poppyjuice (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I have been on this medicine for 3 month for my PTSD and I find it has helped somewhat, I can think straight, calm, centered. It's wonderful in combination with Lyrica for my GAD in which I'm in the-4% that gets euphoria from it.

September 18, 2012 5:29 PM

Review by clarkdaniels (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I was put on this for depression. The first day I took it, I got extreme fatigue and it took so much willpower to get up and do anything. I just did not want to move. I also got out of breath doing the simplest things, like getting out of my car and standing up. I was a total zombie. These symptoms decreased within a few weeks, but it was awful to get through. In addition, I was 130 lbs. when I began taking it and blew up to 209 lbs. over one year despite not eating more or exercising less. It also didn't help my depression. So in the end it did not help me and I gained 79 lbs. in one year. As soon as I stopped taking it, my weight dropped down to 160 lbs. without doing anything.

September 13, 2012 9:10 PM

Review by Rif Raf:

For Depression: This is my second time on Zoloft. The first time it was recommended and prescribed by my physician for Hep C treatment. I had CRAZY side effects but back then I could not distinguish which medicine was causing this. I could not eat, trembling, sweats, etc. Two years later and Hep C cleared (ya-hoo) I found myself anxious and severely depressed. I was prescribed Zoloft 50mg and I have been taking it for two days. I have lost two pounds cannot eat, sleep and my head feels likes it going to explode with worry and pressure. I called my doctor but of course he was not in, so I got a professional opinion from a friend who told me to stick it out that the symptoms would subside.

September 7, 2012 1:14 PM

Review by magua (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I have been taking Zoloft now for a couple of months. I started at 25mg for 7 days and then 50mg for about 6 weeks. Now I am up to 100mg a day. I have been diagnosed with panic disorder and agoraphobia. I have noticed a difference in the anxiety I have when I am at home, but I still struggle to go into public without supplementing with Ativan. I have just been prescribed Buspar, so I will be curious to see how that addition helps my anxiety. In the past, I have tried Celexa and Wellbutrin which did nothing for my anxiety. I will continue to take the Zoloft, but I would like to get rid of the Ativan if at all possible.

August 23, 2012 10:54 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have been on Zoloft for only a week and cannot believe how immediate the positive effects are. I had been taking Effexor for two years for low grade social anxiety. Whilst it was highly effective for the anxiety, I went from 120lbs to 150lbs in a very short time (very distressing as I am only 5'2'') and I completely withdrew socially. I also felt completely unhinged and even suicidal if I accidentally skipped a day. A week ago I switched to Zoloft (with only a day's gap in between my cessation of Effexor). Within an hour of taking it I felt better. I have felt like my old self again--exercising daily, dropping weight each day, feeling social--even a little sexy (!) and laughing more. Thank goodness I switched medicines.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2012 7:47 AM

Review by Erider (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have suffered from depression for a long time, but never believed it. I always said "It's a rough patch, I'll come out of it soon" ..8 years on, I was down and out and suicidal. My Dr. recommended Zoloft. I was skeptical and afraid of playing with my emotions. I thought depressed was just "Me". But I gave it a go, after 3.5 weeks, the most wonderful thing has happened. I feel NORMAL. I can cope with my day, I am hopeful about the future. There were side effects for the first week, I took my pill at night which helped and kept up the exercise, they passed. If I can give any advice it's don't be afraid to take control of your body and don't feel guilty if you decide to try medicines, listen to your Dr. You deserve to be happy.

157 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2012 9:08 AM

For Depression: I have been taking Zoloft (100mg) per day for a couple of years now. I have tried to come off them once with a complete relapse into depression. Nearly a year later and on doctors advice I am to try Allegron, but first I have to stay off Zoloft for 4 days before I start the Allegron. Apparently it can take up to two weeks for the Allegron to kick in. I am only 3 days into my detox from Zoloft and I feel terrible. I'm not sure I can make it another two weeks! Does anyone else on this site go down hill so quickly from Zoloft?

August 19, 2012 9:22 PM

Review by scorpio1961 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I was prescribed Zoloft many years ago and after only taking it once without any instant results I stopped using it. I was on active duty and had been deployed several times by then. Years went by and a new physician urged me to take Zoloft and I used it this time to ease me into a restful night's sleep. It worked wonderfully and the following day was easy going. I was a little hazy the following day as a side effect and my tummy was griping loudly. I lost weight and am still losing which will have me call the company and back the truck up to my house! No complaints here! I feel mellow but still connected to what is happening. I don't feel "high." Each person's experience will be different for sure and I am hoping for the best results for all.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2012 5:46 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I am in my 30s and have been experiencing debilitating panic attacks since I was a teenager to the point where I could not function on a day-to-day basis. Sertraline seems to be very effective in blocking this reaction. I feel like myself again, thank God. I no longer have racing thoughts and all the physical reactions of panic. This is my second time taking it, first was for PPD and it helped then too. I did have side effects for the first 4-6 weeks, including dry mouth, insomnia, and a foggy out of it feeling, but it all lifted.

August 15, 2012 6:02 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I am 14, female, and I am diagnosed with an anxiety disorder NOS, moderate depression, and dermatillomania (compulsive skin picking). I have been on 200mg for a few months now. I am much, much happier and more stable. My side effects have been dizziness, I haven't had weight gain. If I miss a day, I can feel a little depressed towards the end of that day. I have had NO relief from my skin picking. It may have gotten worse. I tried to add Wellbutrin, 150mg to my Zoloft. I took it two days and I felt AWFUL so I've stopped that. Looking into a treatment center, OCD specialist, or dermatillomania-specialized doctor.

August 4, 2012 12:06 AM

Review by Saved my life (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I felt the change after the first dose and now I can live again. I was always so scared to even leave the house, I was always so jealous of my wife thinking she would cheat or that someone was talking about me, always afraid what people thought. I look back now and think who was that person? Now with all kinds of energy my sex life is so much better, I am losing weight, I was an emotional eater. That's gone. I am a new man, I am a better person. Zoloft saved my life my marriage. I am so focused now I have accomplished more in 6 months than in 6 yrs. Not really any side effects that are bad other than a little tremble once in awhile and I cant sleep sometime.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2012 11:57 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I am a 30 yr old female who has suffered from severe panic attacks since I was 16 yrs old. I lost my mother of a fatal heart attack when she was 27 yrs old and have always feared the same would happen to me. I have seen a cardiologist since I was 17 and have had as many heart tests done that they would probably perform on an 80 yr old. I've always checked out fine and not seemed to have inherited anything my mother had. When I have anxiety, which leads into a panic attack my mind spirals out of control. I am a nurse also and picture worse case scenarios all these symptoms could be. I have been on Zoloft for 6 weeks now. It's helping but I'm still not 100% and using Xanax to cope. I'm pleased with results though and hopeful I will get better.

July 21, 2012 3:40 PM

Review by Mjolnir (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I started on Zoloft due to a number of losses-deaths in family & a breakup. While they say it may take weeks to fully enter your system, I would say for me it took a few days to feel it. Mine was a lower dosage, 25mg I believe but it still worked well enough to jump-start my life again. I would no longer dwell on the negative things, however sometimes it was equally hard to concentrate on important things, as my mind would go "spacy" on occasion. Slight dry mouth at first but it went away. I became more social and dated more. The downside- while interest in sex never waned, it would take a long time to perform. You would THINK that would be a good thing, but after 20 minutes, most ladies started glancing at the clock. So much for dating!

July 10, 2012 4:31 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: I'm 23 and after 5 years decided to do something about it. I was put on 50mg of Zoloft. To be honest whether it was me being paranoid or what not my panic was worse in that first 3 days then in years. Felt insane and crazy. Stopped it and talked to doctor. He upped it to 100mg and gave me Xanax to take in meantime. I read online 50% of people get worse in the first few days but then it gets better (brain sensitivity to mess). I do feel calmer (been a week) but barely eat and I can barely get to sleep. I also wake up shaky out of the blue when I do go to sleep and have to take a Xanax to calm me down and put me back to sleep. I'm hoping to get counseling too. I'm hoping this will help. 1 week down... It's hard being patient.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 29, 2012 7:28 PM

Review by doingwell (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I suffered with social anxiety for many years. My neck would get red blotches when I had to be the center of attention. Zoloft along with alprozolam has helped me tremendously! I always thought I had to live with this and there wasn't a cure. After researching the internet, I found out what I had. My husband also takes Zoloft to control his depression, withdrawal, anger and road rage and it helps him sleep really good. One drawback is that it made us both gain weight, but that has leveled off. I hope my post helps someone else out there.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2012 3:21 PM

Review by CeeElGee (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I'm a 44 yr. old female and I've taken 50mg of Zoloft for 3 weeks now. I'm grateful for it. It's helped depression, OCD, PTSD, anxiety, panic attacks, terrible thoughts, mood swings, and my urge to drink alcohol. The biggest relief of all is that it's helped my PMDD! I felt a weird feeling in my legs, at night, for a bit, but that seems to have gone away a few nights ago. I have dry mouth and chew gum to help. I feel lifted, happier, calmer, make better choices and feel clearer in my thought process and more alert and aware. Pre-menopause/PMDD, can cause you to feel like your going crazy...you're NOT, it is HORMONAL. Ask your doctor about this! Wish I had 4 yrs ago, it is working for me and maybe it can help others. Good luck!

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2012 2:54 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I am 23 and Zoloft has changed my life! I got postpartum after my first baby and did not think I was gonna make it. Hours after taking my first 25mg I have changed for the better. Now I take 100mg a day and life is so perfect!

June 9, 2012 3:27 PM