User Reviews for Zoloft

Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Zoloft reviews 463 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by stilllsearching: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Zoloft was great for controlling my depression, anxiety and obsessive thinking. The side effects were not terrible, all but one of them went away in about a month. The ones that only lasted through the first month were: feeling tired and drained as well as an occasional but mild headache, however, the only long lasting side effect was decreased sex drive, which unfortunately never subsided for me, (the drive is still there, it just isn't as intense) This is a great medicine for depression, anxiety and obsessive thoughts, if you haven't tried it, please do.

February 27, 2012 9:39 PM
Review by j kman manic boy29: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Zoloft at first helped with immediate lifting of my moderately to severely depressed state, while unergiong treatment with the medication I have been in so many words transformed (as far as OCD) symptomoligies go. I stopped my continuous ritualistic, obsessive habits such as checking, obsessive cleaning, etc. and began instead to be noticed by everyone as having a relatively light and airy disposition as opposed to my former, neurotic and morose self. The dose had to be increased to work optimally, in fact several times. I had no noticeable sexual side effects, as other SSRI's I had used. The change I experienced as far as mood, behaviors, etc. were first in fact noticed by others, than by myself.

February 21, 2012 4:02 PM
Review by ElizabethRC: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: This helped me a lot when I started taking it about six months ago. I had to switch over from Celexa because of the recent problems Celexa has caused. Just recently, however, Zoloft has completely stopped working for me. I feel like I haven't felt in years: a deep sense of sadness that has nothing to do with my current circumstances. All brains are slightly different, though, so I don't mean to imply that this won't work for others.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 21, 2012 10:17 AM

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I started taking Zoloft about two weeks ago for anxiety and panic attacks because I have a fear of being alone and driving. I have tried everything to avoid medications cognitive therapy , vitamins, and even Buspar, a medicine with a short life. I am not sure if it's working yet to fix my problems but I feel happier and my boyfriend notices the difference. The first week was horrible. I got every side effect listed. I also had a major panic attack, when I called the doctor he said to hang in there once my body gets used to it they will all go away. Which for the most part they have. I put the medicine to the test yesterday by driving by myself and was extremely panicky. I made it through with out a panic attack.

February 14, 2012 8:44 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: The stress from my job causes me to question my decisions and while I am usually right 99% of the time, I still have self-confidence issues that result in panic attacks. These attacks cloud my thought process and at times have resulted in some pretty stressful presentations. Therapy, 0.25 mg of Xanax prior to a key presentations (maybe twice a month) and 100 mg of Zoloft daily for the past 6 months have been amazing! I think more clearly, I am much more articulate, don't worry about my decisions, and sleep at night. Very few side effects.

February 13, 2012 8:45 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I just started Zoloft 3 days ago and am encouraged by those of you who say the drowiness goes away after a while. I am on the one week prior to my period regime, due to PMDD. It is amazing already how calm and patient I am with my kids and husband. I had been on other meds in the past for depression, but hadn't taken anything in a few years. I have to say for the last post, the Yaz can make you depressed and gain weight. I would have just done the Zoloft. Loving the Zoloft. Excited to see how I feel when the side effects go away.

February 5, 2012 10:11 AM

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I am a 44 year old women who is going through the early stages of the Change of Life. I was very on edge alot and upset when things did not go my way. Mood swings alot and alot of anger. Since I have been on Zoloft my husband says that I am easier to talk to and my teenage daughters enjoy being around me. I am so happy that I have my life back on track.

February 5, 2012 8:52 AM
Review by A New Life:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I suffer from post traumatic stress disorder. I am 47 now. I have had panic and anger issues all my life to the point I wanted to hurt someone. I have used Xanax in the past, but it was just a band aid. My doctor put me on Zoloft and I have never been so centered in my life. Nothing rattles me and the people I work with and my family enjoy being around me now. I don't care if I have to take this the rest of my life as long as it makes me feel this in control. The only side effect has been increased sex drive with difficulty ejaculating and my concentration is a little off.

February 2, 2012 8:08 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Started taking Zoloft four days ago and can already tell the difference. I was having trouble driving because I had several panic attacks while doing so. I have driven every day since starting the Zoloft and it hasn't bothered me yay! The only side effect I notice is it upsets my stomach, but I have found if I take it with a smoothie it doesn't.

February 2, 2012 2:57 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I remember looking at this website 5 or so months ago trying to find reviews on Zoloft and I must admit it scared me to even try it. I have been struggling with anxiety/panic disorder since the age of 13. (I am now 19) It would come and go, I would be good for a few months and then have a month of extreme anxiety. I have tried almost every medication out there from Celxa, Paxil, Lexapro, Abilify and many more. All of them made me feel emotionless. Yeah, the anxiety was gone but so was all my other emotions. I went a year without any medication only to hit rock bottom. I couldn't leave the house, I quit my job, and overall lost my passion for life! Zoloft changed that, it truely saved my life! I HIGHLY recommend Zoloft!

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 1, 2012 4:19 PM
Review by beezybad: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Been taking Zoloft for 2 weeks and 3 days for panic attacks and general anxiety disorder. 2 weeks in I felt like myself again, careless towards things that didn't matter and was able to go to work and be more social. For 3 days now I've felt strange, had a panic attack though on day 14 and I think that might be why (can't get over them sometimes). I can't wait for a month to be over with so I'll get the full effect of Zoloft. Hopefully I'll be back to normal soon.

February 1, 2012 12:11 AM
Review by brieya: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I take a 100 mg at night my side effects are teeth gritting at night, no appetite and shaky hands. It helps with the illness though and I love it.

January 31, 2012 7:30 AM
Review by grover777: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Two weeks of digestive symptoms, and six weeks of not being able to orgasm, but then this medicine kicked in and I felt almost normal again. All the side effects went away. I started at 50 mg and never went up. My anxiety had settled down to where I could talk myself through it or ignore it. I am so grateful Zoloft was the first medicine I tried, and that it worked so well. I had a history of migraines, three or four a year, some so severe they lasted for weeks and/or sent me to the ER, and I haven't had a single migraine in the year I've been on Zoloft. SSRIs are not supposed to prevent migraines, but it sure seems like my issues were related.

January 30, 2012 5:13 PM
Review by kateo: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Very good for treating depression, although there are some sexual side effects.

January 17, 2012 11:05 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: I just started taking Zoloft 3 days ago for general and social anxiety. I have experienced side effects that include headaches, discomfort in my chest, nausea, decrease in appetite, losing weight already. Sometimes it feels like my head is bound up. I used to get really tense while driving, but with the medicine I don't get tense, just alert. I haven't been back to school or work so I'm not sure how effective it is for my social anxiety. I am now generally happy and I do not experience worrisome thoughts as much. It makes me tired and sometime I just pass out and wake up with insomnia. I used to be very mean to my dog, I think he is seeing a difference in my behavior. I'm hoping the symptoms become less. 50mg then 100mg.

January 17, 2012 7:37 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Started sertraline at 25mg and have slowly increased to 200mg daily over a period of 9 months. My depression is totally gone, but have continued to battle general anxiety and a little social anxiety. Just increased to 200 mg this week and have my fingers crossed! I also take 1 mg Klonopin daily. I'm a 55 year old female and as I look back over my life, I can see that I've always had anxiety issues. Zoloft has been a tremendous help for me!

January 15, 2012 8:24 AM
Review by praying for relief: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: It is 2012 Jan. and I have been battling depression and anxiety for the last 5 months, I was managing it up until 8 weeks ago. I started taking Remeron (30mg)for 7.5 weeks and it did not help at all, when I upped the dosage the nightmares were so bad I had to stop immediately. Now I am on day 2 of Zoloft. Day 1 was fine I was laughing and felt so good, day 2 I took the medicine at 9:30pm went to bed at 10:30pm and woke up in at 1:30 am with my heart beating so fast, and a nervous wreck. It took hours before I could go to bed even with my 1.5mg of Ativan. I just bought a Light Therapy Machine and am also using that trying to combat this. I'm really nervous about the next couple of days on Zoloft after my night of panic and deep anxiety.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 14, 2012 2:54 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I've been on Zoloft for about two weeks now and I've noticed a considerable difference in my demeanor. The very first day I took it, it upset my stomach severely. I was so nauseous and had intestinal issues...yikes. But the next day I felt great. My doctor recommended I take a half pill for the first few days. I have had some relationship issues and work issues and I suffer from anxiety and depression. I have obsessive, negative thoughts about my relationship and it was seriously impacting it. I was fighting with my partner everyday because I couldn't stop thinking about our problems. Since I've taken the medicine, we had one fight. I do sleep a ton though I seem to be shaking that off a little. I feel like so far so good.

January 11, 2012 6:02 PM
Review by Ash1111: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: I've been taking 50mg for 4 weeks now. It does work but it has dulled a lot of my emotions and many things I used to enjoy, I now find boring. I still have some anxiety but it has definitely made me calmer. Also my sex drive is dead! I'm a 23 yo male and my previously high sex drive is gone! I also find it super hard to climax. I'm going to see a doctor about augmenting Zoloft with Wellbutin to counter this effect. This medication is worth a shot but the sexual side effects and boredom are very troubling for me.

January 11, 2012 4:14 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Wish it worked for me but gave up after 8 weeks of headaches & nausea. I know it's popular but it did nothing for me.

January 10, 2012 8:11 PM
Review by Valenciana: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I take 200 mg (the maximum recommended dosage) of Zoloft to help with my depression. It hasn't helped very much, however. I still get very depressed sometimes, and it hasn't made much of a difference with my anxiety either. I take it in conjunction with Risperidone. For some reason my psychiatrist seems to think the thing to do is to keep increasing the medication, even though I feel no noticeable difference.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 10, 2012 5:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I only took this medicine once. The 1st night I was very anxious and unable to sleep plus my pulse rate was irregular and fast. Decided to just use Xanax for difficulty sleeping and no side effects. Citalopram was prescribed to me for insomnia and anxiety after my husband died unexpectedly. Following side effects of Citalopram tried Zoloft.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 10, 2012 3:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I started taking Zoloft after a very bad head on collision left me with post traumatic stress disorder and severe anxiety. I was taking Xanax but it did not help. I just started the Zoloft and agree, it is a miracle. Started at 50 mg then went to 100 and 100 left me feeling sick to my stomach and overall blah. I am taking just 50 and feel better. I feel more in control and stable. Have not had a panic attack since taking this medicine in just less than one week.

January 9, 2012 6:57 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline): I had taken Zoloft for a year now and it did work wonders for my mood. However I did have some side effects. Loss of sex drive and very vivid and disturbing dreams. So much so I have decided to try something else. My doctor has put me on Viibryd but I am experiencing too many side effects on that too. Hopefully I can find something that works for me.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 4, 2012 9:22 AM
Review by Burnsler: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Just didn't do much for me at all. Finally I switched to another SSRI and the difference is so huge! Don't be afraid to try another if it's just not working. I really, really wish I had done it sooner.

January 4, 2012 4:08 AM