User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 10)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Postpartum Depression 11 reviews 7 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 775 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Zoloft

For Panic Disorder "Been on Zoloft for years and have never looked back. Although, one doctor reduced my dosage and had to up it again, after several weeks. Absolutely no side effects, unless you can call being cheerful, a bad thing!"

Stuarttee (taken for 10 years or more) January 29, 2015

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Lately I've been having really bad panic attacks, migraines, night terrors/nightmares every night for three weeks I started Zoloft last night and it already started working within a night I'm more calm and feel like my old self already."

Zatch January 28, 2015

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "IT'S MY SAVIOR, I was in severe anxiety and depression for the last 6 months, it felt like there was no hope anymore, started taking Zoloft, and today is my 4th week. It's not that I don't feel depressed anymore, I FEEL HAPPY, enjoying every moment of life, I go to work full of motivation now, I feel like nothing can stress me out, you sound very confident in front of your colleagues. I am so thankful for this medicine, it gave me my potential, my efficiency and my life back. No significant side effects, other than weight gain."

Lou1985 (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2015

226 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks for almost 13 years. Literally every day I was anxious from the time I woke up until I went to bed. Racing thoughts, constant anxiety, and at one point would hardly go out in public fearing a panic attack. Zoloft has changed my life COMPLETELY!! No more racing thoughts or anxiety!! Feeling like a normal person again and actually enjoying life and even laughing! Took two months to start feeling full results. Main side effect was sleeping all the time and loss of appetite. Highly recommend!!"

Winnie333 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2015

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have suffered with depression since I was 16. When I was 21 I started to experience anxiety which developed into a full blown panic disorder. I was afraid of driving, going to work, being with friends, almost anything made me experience horrible physical sensations. In September 2014 I was prescribed prozac this increased my anxiety so was given an anti psychotic which worked but I did not feel anything I felt like a zombie. 5 weeks into taking sertraline I haven't had a panic attack since the first week and when I do get anxiety it goes away quickly and is much less intense. It has given me my confidence back and lifted my mood. For anyone suffering with panic disorder I would recommend giving this a try. I'm on 50mg a day."

lollipop759 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I started Zoloft 3 weeks ago for panic attacks but I am having a hard time with the side effects. I feel like it has made my anxiety even worse but I am going to continue taking it until I get over the initial starting side effects."

Mirgirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Zoloft got rid of my anxiety (I have general anxiety) at 50 mg. At 75 Mg, my tics started improving greatly (lessening). Unfortunately though, Zoloft made me more depressed, in an apathetic way. I suspect it's the decrease in dopamine due to raising my serotonin. Dr is adding Wellbutrin. Maybe I'll get my sex drive back too (which Zoloft also squashed). Overall, for Anxiety, it works very well for me."

LoveSupps January 21, 2015

For Panic Disorder "My entire life I have had problems with severe anxiety, panic attacks, depression and portion control. (In other words I ate to make myself feel better). I was not overweight. I also would have Obsessive compulsive disorder thoughts for days, weeks, years about events that did not even matter. After taking Zoloft for two months all of my conditions as listed above has ceased to exist. I do not feel the need to eat all the time, I do not have OCD thoughts anymore, depression, anxiety, etc. has disappeared. It honestly brings me to tears thinking about suffering like I have for the past 22 years. Thank you, Zoloft."

BarbaricCupcakemuffin January 20, 2015

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Well, I'm sitting here in the ER after having increased my Zoloft dosage. It was absolutely horrific! I think I am very sensitive to medications. When I was on 25mg for the first 3 days, everything went well. When I increased to 50mg, as directed, I had every side effect for Serotonin Syndrome imaginable. Now I don know if I should discontinue or go back to the lower M.g.'s."

37505253 January 9, 2015

For Depression "I have had depression since I can remember. Lost lots of relations because of it. Got on it eleven years ago and have more friends then ever."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) January 5, 2015

155 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have been struggling with social anxiety disorder and a low-level functioning depression for most of my life. Four years went by with no medication, and during this time I was very paranoid and lost all of my friends. It wasn't until I met my boyfriend that I saw I couldn't truly function this way. I finally admitted to myself that I might need to be on medication. It's been about two months and I feel awesome. I am taking 50mg everyday, and was able to go on a Christmas vacation where my boyfriend and I met each other's families. This would never have been doable before. I am thoroughly satisfied, and am so happy with my decision. I still have leftover anxiety symptoms but I am working on that in therapy."

krquire11 January 5, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Zoloft gives me no negative side effects, no weight gain, no "zombie" effect, the only problem is that it makes me pretty restless when trying to fall asleep, but it isn't a huge problem. It really helps me with my agoraphobia, two months ago I could barely leave the house. I also tried Paxil, Prozac, and Lexapro - all of which did not help much. Zoloft it is."

Duls (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2015

For Postpartum Depression "Zoloft has given me my life back. I had anxiety during my pregnancy that turned into OCD when I was 3 months postpartum. I was a mess, but I kept telling myself that as long as I was still functioning I didn't need medication. There was an adjustment period where we figured out my ideal dose (100 mg) and I had to get through a sharp increase in anxiety while my brain adjusted, but little by little, I started to notice changes in my thought patterns. It doesn't happen suddenly, you may not notice how much better you're doing until you stop and look back on situations that used to give you terrible anxiety and realize that you weren't nervous much at all. I continue to notice improvements after almost 4 months on my ideal dose (100 mg)."

Rachel R. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was offered sertraline (Zoloft) after a relapse of Generalized Anxiety Disorder which brought with it a severe case of Pure-o intrusive thoughts of the harm variety. These thoughts were ruining my life and making me depressed. I was prescribed 50mg per day. The first 3 days were hell with a huge increase in fatigue, depression and intrusive thoughts. I almost gave up it was that bad. I was using diazepam 2mg In those first 3 days and thought they weren't playing nice with the Zoloft so I stopped them. I saw instant improvement after doing so. Now I am 7 days in and have had the best day ever. My intrusive thoughts are far fewer and far easier to simply dismiss. Amazed."

rchippex (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2014

For Depression "Zoloft has been a life saver for me. I honestly don't know how I would've gotten through the past year without it. I had anxiety and depression, but after I started taking Zoloft, I was finally starting to feel myself again and my headaches have gone away. If you have moderate to severe anxiety and depression, I would highly recommend this. It truly saved me."

140756 December 25, 2014

238 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I am actually just starting Zoloft for very consistent anxiety and probably depression that I am unaware of but I'm sure its there. I have tried propranol which will masque my anxiety but always seems to come back. Now I am waking up in the middle of the night with ringing ears and high heart rate. The Dr. has run about every test in the world and can't find anything wrong with me. I just want to feel normal and live a healthy life. I have heard the first two weeks can be rough with increased anxiety but I need to give it a shot. Hope to have good feedback soon."

FLA33703 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2014

For Panic Disorder "Been on it for 3 months. At first it was worse. The panick attacks and anxiety. Then it was like my brain flipped the switch. I feel so much better. Im 30 and started getting anxiety at 22. I never wanted meds. Fought hard and tried everything natural. Finally I gave in. I'm so happy now. I am not afraid of my own shadow anymore. I think I may have put on 3lbs from it, but as long as it stops there. Or it could be all the cookies. Give it a try. I'm not cured, but I NEVER want to go off Zoloft."

Maddoxy December 23, 2014

"I developed anxiety over a couple months and would eventually not leave my house or my bedroom. I was not sleeping and could not eat either. OB did blood tests and told me I was premenopausal and prescribed Zoloft. It has been a miracle for me. I have experienced no side effects whatsoever and have been taking it for a year. Did not want to have to rely on meds but I don't know how I would be without it."

Foxyslm (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 17, 2014

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I'm 18 years old and was diagnosed with severe PMS/PMDD about two and a half weeks ago. It was a relief to finally have a diagnosis because I had developed progressively worse physical and physiological symptoms in the two weeks before my period. It had started to interfere with my schooling since I'd miss two days per cycle at least (which is a lot for a high school senior with AP classes). I was prescribed Beyaz a month ago and quit after 3 days because I was an emotional wreck. Another week or so went by and my symptoms got worse again. My doctor finally prescribed me with a low dose (25mg) and upped it a few days later to 50mg. It took a few days to take effect (it was a hard time) but now I'm better than I've been in months."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Asking my doctor about Zoloft was one of the best decisions for me. I have suffered from anxiety as long as I can remember. I feel like a new person now. I didn't even fully realize how bad it was until taking Zoloft. I didn't want to take meds, I thought my anxiety was just part of who I was and something I would have to deal with forever. Zoloft has changed my life."

waterfirewind12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2014

168 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I used to spend hours searching the web for some sort of cure for my obsessive thoughts. I was looking for answers and had fear of depression and anxiety. I have been taking this medication two months and I can honestly see an improvement in the person I am becoming. I am more patient for sure. I still have minimal anxiety but I am able to think through it without sitting in my bed and crying. I am someone who is terrified of ALL medication but I knew I had to do something for myself. At age(20) This has been such a positive experience and I plan on moving up my dose to see more improvements. I was in CBT for a year prior to this medication but found myself actually becoming worse. STAY OFF GOOGLE AND TAKE IT."

LOLO244 December 12, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "My 18 year old son was diagnosed with panic disorder after an episode occurred on his second day of college. The attacks began to come regularly after that, not only in class, but even at home. He would panic when he was outside, and wanted to just stay in his room. It got very bad, so bad we had to withdraw him from his classes so he could get some treatment. We initially started him on a low dose of Klonopin to help ease some of the symptoms, which helped for a couple weeks, but he needed to begin increasing and also had some bad breakthrough panic attacks. We switched him to Zoloft 25mg for 1 week, and then 50mg second week. It is truly the best medication ever! He is back to being and feeling like himself and is able to do everything!"

BellaNYC (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I took Zoloft for a couple of years...it worked great for depression but it absolutely killed my sex drive."

StephanieAlice (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 7, 2014

For Depression "I took Sertraline for Moderate Depression which it was exceptionally good at diminishing. I have been taking it for just under 6 weeks for moderate depression, social anxiety and generalised anxiety. It worked for depression the best, by far; however, not half as good for the anxiety, perhaps because it requires a higher dose and longer intake. Definitely consider Sertraline for depression, its side effects were minimal (if any because it was so unnoticeable)."

Serenamine (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2014

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on sertraline for 4 weeks and a day, my dr started me on 50mg, then after 3 weeks and 3 days she upped my dosage to 100mg, I have felt the side effects so I know this medication is doing something, however, I don't feel any better for taking it, I thought by now it would kick in.."

Felinelover13 (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2014