User Reviews for Zoloft

Depression 290 reviews 75 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 625 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "I have been taking Zoloft for 8 weeks and the result has been amazing. The beginning was rocky with nausea, heavy head and fatigue, but it gets better. I am more confident, better at my job, I enjoy socializing far more, my relationship is saved and I generally feel more balanced. I have had anxiety since childhood and struck depression in late teens, am now 27. Not sure how long I will or should take Zoloft, but I am hugely relieved. "

jaybee1 September 1, 2013

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have major depression several years, it is worse lately with suicidal thoughts. I started out on 25 mg for four weeks saw little difference other than typical side effects. The fatigue was overwhelming for 10 days but got better after two weeks. Upped dose to 50mg bad anxiety and trembling inside for about six weeks but now am happy to say I'm much better no trembling, sometimes anxious but the sertraline has definitely been worth it. I'm still not sleeping as well as I would like, waking up three times a night and getting up at four a.m. wide awake. To all of you who are just starting on it hang in there, it will get better."

brosie August 31, 2013

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I had panic attacks most of my adult life, was afraid of taking pills. I was taking Ativan for my condition, in order for my doctor to get me off the Ativan I was prescribe Zoloft, I took this medication for about six months along with a half Ativan. I started feeling normal in about 3 weeks, after about six months I stopped taking both of them and felt great for a whole year until something happened to cause me much anxiety again. I am back on the Ativan for the last 5 months, just filled the prescription for Zoloft again, hoping it does what is did before. Don't like taking meds but it worked a miracle for me."

bettyboooooooo August 30, 2013

For Social Anxiety Disorder "31 year old Female. I was on Zoloft for 4-5 years in college and then tapered off. After being off it for 5 years or so, my daily anxiety gradually started creeping back into my life until I reached a point last year where I would have horrible panic attacks everyday. I've been on 75 MG a day for the past 7 months and I feel better than I have in years! It took a while to find the correct dosage for me, but once I have it's been amazing. Along with the Zoloft I also take 15 MG Buspar daily and Lorazepam as needed."

MMH0716 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2013

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I am 15. I have been on Zoloft (25 mg) for over a month now. I was prescribed through my gastroenterologist for social anxiety and generalized anxiety which was causing ongoing digestive trouble. I have suffered through severe anxiety disorders and depression for most of my life. Since the first pill, I have cried only once. My overwhelming loneliness and hopelessness has gone away also. I haven't had any side effects that I've noticed. The only downside to this medicine is that it hasn't worked well for me in social situations when I am nervous. It does not prevent me from shaking, turning red, tensing up, etc. It might be necessary for me to move up to 50 mg, but that isn't urgent as of right now. I would recommend."

babysmith (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2013

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was experiencing severe anxiety and panic. I could barely leave my house and everyday activities seemed impossible. I would get dizzy, pounding heart, the works! Also, I couldn't sit still anymore! I could not sit in class, dinners, or even just with friends. My doctor prescribed Zoloft 25mg, a typically low dosage, after an unsuccessful attempt with Lexapro. I have been on Zoloft 25mg for six weeks now and I'm doing tremendously better. The first two weeks or so I experienced minimal, tolerable side effects like foggy feeling the first day, heighten anxiety and restlessness, but nothing too bad. Now I feel great! I can sit for longer periods, little to no obsessive thoughts and am pretty much panic free! I love Zoloft!"

heather729 August 27, 2013

For Panic Disorder "Ignore all negative comments, it stopped me from taking this medicine for two years. I was unable to work, drive, fly, function. Panic attacks, exhausted all my life. Sporty, lived for exercise, tried CBT. Am pill phobic. My life was a mess so I worked with a great doc starting very slowly and here I am 6 months later and I'm a new person. No panic, mild anxiety every now and then like normal people but I'm manageable. Please do it. It's a wonderful medicine, no side effects and it'll change your life. Start living."

Gerge101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2013

157 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Have struggled all my life with anxiety, worked out 7 days a week to try and control it. Panic attacks- just horrible- no lifts, no planes, no tunnels. Tried CBT, finally I thought I don't want to live this way anymore. Pill phobic, but finally I tried it, a quarter of a tablet for two weeks, then half again, for two weeks. What can I say? It had changed my life completely. I love it. I feel normal! No side effects. It took three months but felt better within weeks. All of you out there undecided, unsure, afraid of what you've read- please do yourself a favour and try it- be positive about it, open and give it a go- you won't regret it. I can fly, drive, amazing."

George101 August 23, 2013

161 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have panic disorder along with Gemeralized Anxiety Disorder. Zoloft did help me for a while, but over time I noticed weight gain, emotional numbness, night sweats, and just general laziness. I didn't care for nothing! After much research I discovered that all anti-anxiety meds begin to lose their effect over time. But it did help me for the first 4yrs I took it."

halfpint3730 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 20, 2013

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on Zoloft for 3 months now and I've got to say its been pretty good. I am on 50mg a day and sometimes I skip because I'm not so worried anymore. Really has helped out a lot. I'm making friends."

Robert12 August 20, 2013

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I went years without getting help until about 8 months ago when I finally broke down, saw a doctor, and was prescribed Zoloft. This pill has given me my life back. I was diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, specifically intrusive/disturbing thoughts and obsessions. This disorder occupied all of my time and energy, to the point where life was unbearable and hopeless. About two weeks after starting Zoloft there were noticeable improvements. After 6 weeks, I was a different person. Anxiety-0, OCD, still there but more of a minor in convenience than life consuming. Side effects were typical at first: nausea, diarrhea, lightheaded, and insomnia. All of which subsided after a few weeks. I highly recommend that if you diagnosed, ask for Zoloft."

JimMbama August 18, 2013

143 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on Zoloft for 3 months now. I started out with 50mg and raised the dosage gradually until I got to 150 mg now. My whole life I had this constant feeling of sadness, I was always a basket case of flooding emotions but I guess what made it all worse was when I found out my boyfriend was constantly cheating. Zoloft has improved my life tremendously. I now feel more emotionally stable than ever."

dii (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2013

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Over the last couple of years, all of the stress from moving far away from my family and having a stressful job got to me. I started to experience panic and anxiety every now and again, to a build up of where I couldn't function or leave the house. I was first put on Lexapro, and I had a terrible experience and thought I was going to die. I finally made it back home to my old family doctor who decided to to try me on Zoloft, first at 25mg for a week and then 50 mg. The first 3-4 weeks I noticed absolutely no change, and was taking Klonopin and anti-nausea meds to survive. Then about 5 weeks in I noticed a profound difference. I was my normal self! I could go out in public, function, and fight off the panic/anxiety. So happy now!"

Giia (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2013

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have struggled with obsessive compulsive disorder since I was 6 years old hiding it from family and friends because I had no idea what was going on when I was little. I then got so stressed I had shooting pain through my whole body and went on Cymbalta for 6 months then got off of it and was back to normal with no pain, just OCD. I then got sick with vomiting, couldn't eat, felt scared to be alone. My doctor told me it was anxiety. He gave Zoloft 25 mg and stared me on it really slow. I am on 50mg and a half once a day and I am back to normal....no vomiting or no bad thoughts. I still have some bad moments of OCD but they don't last long. I have recommend this to people! I am 26 years old and finally can enjoy my life."

Jenevans (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I am female and was 16 when I was prescribed Zoloft for my then undiagnosed bipolar disorder 2. Because I am bipolar I didn't find Zoloft helpful but one side effect I had was terrible nose bleeds. "

Kasey1994 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2013

For Social Anxiety Disorder "It has been quite a change for the better. I've been suffering from panic attacks and really bad anxiety since 16, now 21 and finally broke down, had enough, went to the doc and he put me on sertraline. Been on it for almost 3 months and it has made a huge difference. I feel happier around my coworkers and around people. I haven't felt weird and uncomfortable or had any bad panic attacks. I'm on 25mg and feel in control of my life. I'm finally feeling normal thanks to this medicine so far. I'll stick with this dose for awhile and see how it goes. Side effects very little like shaky when I wake up. But I love it so far."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2013

For Depression "Made me nervous and fidgety. Took it for depression but it increased my anxiety. Then they diagnosed me with bipolar disorder and took me off this."

someguyincanada August 9, 2013

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have struggled with depression and obsessive compulsive disorder since I was 11 years old. I'm now 21, and this is the second time that I have taken Zoloft. It has worked wonders for my obsessive and anxiety ridden nature. Originally during my trial and error phase of trying medications, I stopped taking Zoloft at one point because I experienced the numbness and headaches, etc, that are typical of SSRIs. However, after finding that no other medicines (including other SSRI's, antipsychotics, and even anti-seizure medications) reacted as well to dull my OCD, I resumed Zoloft to give it a second shot. I could not be happier with its results so far. I would recommend this to absolutely anybody who had difficulty with OCD or depression. It has saved my life."

TheLawStudent August 8, 2013

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "My depression is clinical but was triggered this time by traumatic events in my family including my father's diagnosis of brain cancer. Zoloft has worked for me in the past so I decided to try it again. The difference is almost immediate and the only side effects are some fatigue. I take 100 mg once daily (I weigh 118 lbs). I also suffer from Panic disorder which had gone into remission but reared its ugly head when my depression re-emerged. I take Klonopon twice daily. I have not had a panic attack since starting both of these medicines, and other than feeling a little tired, I am coping with life again."

heidibsmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2013

For Depression "I started taking Zoloft October of 2011. Although it has helped me tremendously with anxiety, depression, and severe mood swings. It makes me very tired and withdrawn. And I've gained 20 lbs since October 2011! I haven't seen a lot of reviews with this type of side effect for Zoloft, but I know I'm not over eating to that degree. 3lbs I gained since my Dr visit last week. My Dr lowered the dosage by 1/2. But needless to say the weight gain is more depressing then anything."

Monk1031 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 1, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I have struggled with panic disorder off and on for 11 years. I was previously on Lexapro but built up a tolerance after 4 months so I switched to Zoloft. After week four I am FINALLY getting some relief from the anxiety. Started on 12.5mg due to sensitivity to SSRI'S. The reason Zoloft does not get a 10 is because of terrible side effects: increase in depression and anxiety, nervousness, de-realization and insomnia. I could care less about my sex drive right now. Word to the wise: BE PATIENT, IT WILL GET BETTER."

Andy437 July 27, 2013

For Depression "After changing jobs I was feeling depressed and was having anxiety attacks. Although Zoloft worked, and the first day or so were fine, I experienced intense prolonged anxiety in the remaining days of the first week. There were a couple of days there when it was relentless and extremely difficult to deal with. I'm on day 6 now and it seems to have passed. I get the odd pang but it goes away reasonably quickly. I feel calmer and more relaxed. Much less likely to react to little things. I do feel like my sex drive has dropped and it is harder to orgasm. I have a slight dizzy feeling that's manageable (I hope it goes away). I also commonly have a dry mouth. Lost my appetite. Haven't felt like exercising. Only 1 week in."

teilo (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2013

For Panic Disorder "After 1 week of taking Zoloft, I became depressed and had uncontrollable suicidal ideation. Never experienced anything like it. Went to ER 3 times in 2 days to protect myself. I couldn't shake the horrible urge until about 3-4 days off the medicine. I told my psych on the 4th day and she said that sometimes happens to people under 25?"

Gianna91 July 23, 2013

For Depression "I've been taking Zoloft for about 3 months. I've felt very little side effects, all of which I did experience was tiredness but other than that I went from a emotionless zombie to feeling great all day long."

new life 88 July 21, 2013

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I am male, 53 years old, & have been on Zoloft (Sertraline) 75mg for 1 year. My problem was with anxiety & I became very sick. I first tried Celexa & I felt worse. After 3 weeks I switched to Zoloft & quickly noticed an improvement. It took about 3 to 4 weeks for Zoloft to start working effectively. By the 3rd month I felt even better & any side effects stopped - they are: trouble sleeping & I took Ativan to relax me and fall asleep, and after 3 months my sleep returned to normal; as for sex, maybe slightly longer to orgasm but no sexual dysfunction. As for alcohol, I still drink & feel fine; there was sweating but this went away. Zoloft works, good luck!"

4K July 19, 2013