Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Zoloft

Learn more about Zoloft.

Zoloft review summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Zoloft to treat Panic Disorder

Review by gugugaga (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Since I'm on Zoloft I didn't have any panic attack and I was in more than one trigger situation but I reacted like normal people do. I'm so happy that Zoloft exist.I can truly say that Zoloft saved my life and improved it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2015 7:16 AM

Review by Alabama Brown:

I had been a marijuana smoker for many years but stopped and then found I was depressed, couldn't sleep or concentrate very well and would get panic attacks. My drug & alcohol physician put me onto Prozac but after just one tablet, I suffered anxiety and was very jittery and almost felt sea-sick and terrified. He then prescribed Zoloft for me. What a WONDERFUL drug! After one day, I felt focussed, clear headed and happy. I went on to attend Melbourne University as a mature aged student and studied philiosophy - it was amazing. I'd never felt so intelligent or capable in my life. I eventually came off Zoloft after a few years and have never looked back. It may not suit everyone but it certainly was just what I needed!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2015 10:34 PM

Review by Dandalion (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I decided to try Zoloft after seeing the great reviews online for panic disorder and its overwhelming support for it. I have been on 75mg Zoloft for 5 weeks and cant say it has helped at all, in fact I'm having more panic attacks than usual on it. I also can't get to sleep and feel a depressing numbness throughout the day. I am prepared to accept that maybe I need a higher dose or need to wait longer but I highly doubt it, I feel certain in saying that this medication does not work at all for me. PEACE.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2015 2:53 AM

Review by Gem1030:

I have had anxiety, panic attacks & obsessive thoughts for years on and off. About 5 months ago I started to get horrible non-stop intrusive thoughts I knew the thoughts/fears/worries were nonsense but I couldn't turn them off. I was in a panic attack from the moment I woke up to the moment I fell asleep. I would wake up several times at night in full blown panic....it was horrible. I never ever wanted to take medicine I was so afraid of it not working or it making me worse. Zoloft has helped me so much at first I had a good day then a bad day and I wasn't sure if that was normal. after 2 months the doctor upped my dose then a month later I felt better then 100% still a little anxious during my period but very mild and manageable.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 10, 2015 1:22 PM

Review by kitkat4224:

I've tried several medications and so far this one has been the best anti-depressant that prevents panic attacks. I used to have at least three a day, now I only get them in extreme circumstances like when a family member passed away. It used to be dangerous for me to drive since events on the road would trigger a panic attack. Life is a lot easier on Zoloft.

April 1, 2015 9:46 PM

Review by mrsalhurt (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

It took a little while to get the dosage right because I took it slow but now I have improved so much! I did 50mg for a month, 100mg for a month and finally 150mg a month. I have my life back! My anxiety and panic is no longer crippling.

March 30, 2015 10:05 AM

Review by nadinatal:

One week on Zoloft, no more bad dreams and nightmares.I can't remember last time I slept so well.I feel little better with my anxiety and this gives me hope.

February 23, 2015 7:11 PM

Review by KellyBird57 (taken for 10 years or more):

It worked pretty well for a long time; I've been on it about 12 years and have had no real issue with it. The problem is that I've been on the max for a while and it's not helping me much anymore.

February 19, 2015 5:17 PM

Review by Renee8914:

This has been a miracle for me. I do have to take the name brand though. The fillers they use in generics tear my stomach up.

February 2, 2015 11:04 PM

Review by Stuarttee (taken for 10 years or more):

Been on Zoloft for years and have never looked back. Although, one doctor reduced my dosage and had to up it again, after several weeks. Absolutely no side effects, unless you can call being cheerful, a bad thing!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2015 11:44 PM

Review by Winnie333 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks for almost 13 years. Literally every day I was anxious from the time I woke up until I went to bed. Racing thoughts, constant anxiety, and at one point would hardly go out in public fearing a panic attack. Zoloft has changed my life COMPLETELY!! No more racing thoughts or anxiety!! Feeling like a normal person again and actually enjoying life and even laughing! Took two months to start feeling full results. Main side effect was sleeping all the time and loss of appetite. Highly recommend!!

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2015 12:42 AM

Review by lollipop759 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have suffered with depression since I was 16. When I was 21 I started to experience anxiety which developed into a full blown panic disorder. I was afraid of driving, going to work, being with friends, almost anything made me experience horrible physical sensations. In September 2014 I was prescribed prozac this increased my anxiety so was given an anti psychotic which worked but I did not feel anything I felt like a zombie. 5 weeks into taking sertraline I haven't had a panic attack since the first week and when I do get anxiety it goes away quickly and is much less intense. It has given me my confidence back and lifted my mood. For anyone suffering with panic disorder I would recommend giving this a try. I'm on 50mg a day.

January 24, 2015 1:29 PM

Review by Mirgirl (taken for less than 1 month):

I started Zoloft 3 weeks ago for panic attacks but I am having a hard time with the side effects. I feel like it has made my anxiety even worse but I am going to continue taking it until I get over the initial starting side effects.

January 23, 2015 4:49 PM

Review by BarbaricCupcakemuffin:

My entire life I have had problems with severe anxiety, panic attacks, depression and portion control. (In other words I ate to make myself feel better). I was not overweight. I also would have Obsessive compulsive disorder thoughts for days, weeks, years about events that did not even matter. After taking Zoloft for two months all of my conditions as listed above has ceased to exist. I do not feel the need to eat all the time, I do not have OCD thoughts anymore, depression, anxiety, etc. has disappeared. It honestly brings me to tears thinking about suffering like I have for the past 22 years. Thank you, Zoloft.

January 20, 2015 4:55 PM

Review by 37505253:

Well, I'm sitting here in the ER after having increased my Zoloft dosage. It was absolutely horrific! I think I am very sensitive to medications. When I was on 25mg for the first 3 days, everything went well. When I increased to 50mg, as directed, I had every side effect for Serotonin Syndrome imaginable. Now I don know if I should discontinue or go back to the lower M.g.'s.

January 9, 2015 7:32 PM

Review by Duls (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft gives me no negative side effects, no weight gain, no "zombie" effect, the only problem is that it makes me pretty restless when trying to fall asleep, but it isn't a huge problem. It really helps me with my agoraphobia, two months ago I could barely leave the house. I also tried Paxil, Prozac, and Lexapro - all of which did not help much. Zoloft it is.

January 5, 2015 10:07 AM

Review by FLA33703 (taken for less than 1 month):

I am actually just starting Zoloft for very consistent anxiety and probably depression that I am unaware of but I'm sure its there. I have tried propranol which will masque my anxiety but always seems to come back. Now I am waking up in the middle of the night with ringing ears and high heart rate. The Dr. has run about every test in the world and can't find anything wrong with me. I just want to feel normal and live a healthy life. I have heard the first two weeks can be rough with increased anxiety but I need to give it a shot. Hope to have good feedback soon.

December 24, 2014 8:25 AM

Review by Maddoxy:

Been on it for 3 months. At first it was worse. The panick attacks and anxiety. Then it was like my brain flipped the switch. I feel so much better. Im 30 and started getting anxiety at 22. I never wanted meds. Fought hard and tried everything natural. Finally I gave in. I'm so happy now. I am not afraid of my own shadow anymore. I think I may have put on 3lbs from it, but as long as it stops there. Or it could be all the cookies. Give it a try. I'm not cured, but I NEVER want to go off Zoloft.

December 23, 2014 9:48 PM

Review by BellaNYC (taken for 1 to 6 months):

My 18 year old son was diagnosed with panic disorder after an episode occurred on his second day of college. The attacks began to come regularly after that, not only in class, but even at home. He would panic when he was outside, and wanted to just stay in his room. It got very bad, so bad we had to withdraw him from his classes so he could get some treatment. We initially started him on a low dose of Klonopin to help ease some of the symptoms, which helped for a couple weeks, but he needed to begin increasing and also had some bad breakthrough panic attacks. We switched him to Zoloft 25mg for 1 week, and then 50mg second week. It is truly the best medication ever! He is back to being and feeling like himself and is able to do everything!

December 8, 2014 3:40 PM

Review by Anonymous..:

I'm a very young adult and was in therapy for years from Post traumatic stress disorder from childhood that caused other problems I have now which include anxiety, panic, depression, attachment disorders and fear of abandonment, and most importantly borderline personality disorder. My psychologist and I experimented with a few different antidepressants such as Celexa and Abilify, but Zoloft was my favorite. It was good for me because I no longer had any anxiety attacks causing me to faint over things I couldn't control. When something did happen that would normally make me anxious or panicky, it was a significantly reduced reaction. That was also the bad thing, I almost got in an accident because I was numbed to any emotion, including awareness. I became lazy.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 30, 2014 1:41 AM

Review by traciii (taken for 2 to 5 years):

After trying just therapy for panic disorder, major depressive, and general anxiety I finally gave in and starting taking Zoloft. THANK GOD! I haven't had a single panic attack in 5 years when at one point I was having them up to ten times a day! I have had zero side effects. I also took it through pregnancy. I'm 28 and I'm fine with taking Zoloft forever, living without anxiety is just amazing!

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 25, 2014 11:16 AM

Review by blahk (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've always had generalized anxiety & social anxiety ever since I can remember, but I would still push myself to go places like mall, Walmart, or just walk out my front door, not knowing what was wrong with me. So around 17 I dropped out of school, & started working as a cashier, did good & managed to control my anxiety, until I'm 18 now, and here come the panic attacks & agoraphobia kicking in. I hated leaving the house & just being around people period. So I quit my job; I went to the doctor he put me on Paxil 10mg, then Paxil 20mg didnt do anything, then Zoloft 50mg then 100mg a month later. Overall my mood is much better/calmer. I'm still a shaky mess in public & even around people.

November 22, 2014 10:35 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I would have panic attacks and would cut myself to avoid feeling nervous and anxious about things I couldn't control. I pretty much had a great experience while I was on Zoloft. I was taking 100mgs a day. Very few panic attacks and if I would have feelings of panic, it was much less intense. After about a year, I decided I no longer wanted to be taking anti depressants. I weaned myself off of it. First week I took 75mg, then 50, then 25. This is the end of my first full week off Zoloft and for the most part I feel fine. I think the medicine helps. I noticed my smoking habit has started to come back as my desire for a cigarette while on Zoloft was minimal.

October 19, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by Overcome1985:

The only reason I'm giving this medication an 8 is because of the initial side effects and the time it took to find an adequate dose. I've been on Zoloft for around 6 months now. I had suffered with panic disorder for most of my adult life, I'm currently 29 years old. I tried a few different SSRIs, but never really gave them a chance. I relied on Ativan taken twice daily, totaling 2 mg. I started out taking 25 mg of Zoloft and worked up to 150 mg daily. At first, it was fairly difficult and I'm really surprised that I didn't just give up within a few days, let alone a few weeks. I read many reviews on here and wondered if that would ever be me. If I was asked 5 months ago, I never would have had anything good to say. But now ...it changed my life.

October 8, 2014 4:42 AM

Review by Sammosh:

It's been really amazing. I'm on 50mg daily of Zoloft and I went from horrible frequent panic attacks to occasional, "normal" anxiety. I feel like my life is totally different to how it was a year ago (I wouldn't even leave the house for fear of panic attacks). I switched from Lexapro which was not nearly as effective.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2014 2:03 AM