User Reviews for Zoloft

Learn more about Zoloft.

Zoloft Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Zoloft to treat Panic Disorder

"This medication has saved my life, I feel so relaxed on zoloft. Works extremely well for anxiety, panic disorders. Makes me drowsy but otherwise its great, I would recommend this."

ShawnaL977 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2016

"I love Zoloft. I struggled with severe panic arrays associated with driving and social interactions also I had mild depression. What I will say is find the right dosage for you and don't be afraid to talk about increasing the dosage if it's not working after a few months. I did lose my appetite for a while initially. Also, do not abruptly stop taking it that spiraled me into a severe depression."

Ce Tee (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2016

"I am working on a cross wean from lexapro to zoloft after lex pooped out after ten years. Up to 50 mg now and 5 mg of lex and feeling so so so much better. No more panic attacks, no more waiting in bed until my klonopin kicks in, sleeping better, depression drastically decreased and feel I have a purpose in life again. Mild GI distress, but I'd take that forever over where I was. Wish I had had the guts to do this sooner."

Stargirl82 January 10, 2016

"I was prescribe Zoloft for anxiety attacks I have prior to leaving me house. I was prescribed 100mg but was to break in half for 10 days. Told to take at bed time. When I woke up I could tell something was different and as I began to move around it got worse. I literally thought I was loosing my mind and going crazy. I don't know how else to explain it. I freaked out and became paranoid and thought this was the end. I finally was able to get my wife up and she suddenly knew something was wrong. . Finally ambulance made it and EMS said appears I'm having and adverse reactions to the meds and took me. Doctor gave me Adivan."

Rbh (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

"I promised myself I would share my experience after I gave it at least 5 months and especially if Zoloft worked. I was so afraid to take it for reasons I read such as bad side effects. Well, I suggest to start low.. I started out at 12.5mg, half of the 25mg and I did have side effects for 5 days, nausea, no appetite and night sweats. After 5 days that part was over. I noticed around 3 months that my panic attacks and anxiety was almost gone. I have 2 young kids and I spent so much time worrying, scared of passing out behind the wheel or grocery stores.. I am feeling a lot better now, just living my life and enjoying my kids. I'm grateful for Zoloft, it really does help."

Angie2016 January 5, 2016

"I was terrified to try Zoloft! I read all the reviews and kept putting it off. Afraid I would suffer and afraid to give it a try. I was taking klonopin and my doctor cut it off. Told me to start taking Zoloft. I went through weeks of hell while I was debating on starting. I could barely drive I was struggling with sadness and moods all over the place and I finally decided I couldn't live like this anymore. I tried Zoloft starting at 25 mg for the first week - the only side affect I had was mild nausea and tiredness at first - after three days it was hardly noticeable. The fear I had to start trying zoloft kept me from feeling as good as I do now - I'm so grateful I tried it and hope anyone scared to will just do it. I'm glad I did"

Happy I Tried January 5, 2016

"Works great for me with anxiety and stress. I'm at 100mg daily. I have been taken it for about 6 months. Also helps with anger issues."

Scorpionjew (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2016

"I started zoloft after months of bad panic episodes. I was previously on celexa, but I did not feel it was working anymore. I started on 50mg's and have worked up to 100mg. I have had all the side effects people talk about. Insomnia, shakiness, fast heart beat etc. I've been on that dose for almost 3 weeks now and my anxiety is still very high. I take klonopin .5mg at night to sleep and another .5mg in the day if I absolutely have to have it. I'm still waiting for that switch that everyone is talking about. Not sure if I need to increase the dose or ride it out. I feel terrible right now. I meditate and try breathing excercises, but I still feel awful. I need some reassurance please..."

littlegr (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2015

"I am a 30 year old female that has had Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia, Emetophobia, and Social Phobia for the last 20 years. I have been on several medications (Seroquel, Depakote, Celexa, Wellbutrin, Paxil, Effexor, Topamax, and now Zoloft) throughout the years combined with therapy to help with these issues. I started Zoloft July 2015 and had terrible nausea from it. It was the most intense burning sensation in my stomach, even after taking it with food. I was on it for 3 months, ranging from 12.5mg to 50mg. Nausea didn't go away and didn't help any of my disorders. I am now on Lexapro and have great results. I wouldn't recommend Zoloft."

Ashley2994 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2015

"I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I'm 33 years old and have a son. I would panic everytime he wasn't with me. I would think of the craziest "what ifs" that could happen. I got to the point I couldn't even drive on the highway because I might get into an accident. I was prescribed zoloft at 25mg for six weeks...I felt nauseous for a couple days but was fine. Then I was put up to 50mg for another six weeks. I was really tired and my anxiety spiked but I stuck it out. Now I'm on 100mg. Have been for 2 weeks. Not a single anxiety attack. I feel less tired but still get sleepy through out the day. My son can be at school, out swimming or doing other kid things and my mind doesn't head straight to horrible what if thoughts. Yay!!"

Dani3264 December 10, 2015

"I've been prescribed 200 mg of zoloft daily and I think thats excessively too much - any opinions? I'm also on 2mg xanax 4 times a daily for panic attacks which works well. I was on Ativan 2mg 3 of them for night terrors which worked well but they took them off me and gave me 200 mg of zoloft! I was always told 100 mg was a max on zoloft but the nurse practitioner seems to know more than my doc cause he was out and she was filling in! So next month I'm getting my ativan back and going back to 100 mg of zoloft."

steamroller4u2 December 7, 2015

"I had a huge phobia when it came to taking pills and refused ssris altogether for at least 15 years. My panic disorder was so out of control. I finally made some changes in my life and started on zoloft. I was so afraid I started on literally 6.25 mg and next week 12 next week 25. I stopped at 75mg for a long while. It changes my life completely. I wish I'd done this so many years ago. I think of all of the time I wasted and its so sad. I'm up to 150mg now, my only fear is that it's effectiveness is wearing off. In almost at max dose. I'm going to talk to my psychiatrist and hope we can figure out what to do. I know that I feel alive more than I had for years. I suggest no matter how scared you are, try an SSRI. It can change your life."

anxious annie (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2015

"I was prescribed 50mg of sertraline due to panic attacks and general anxiety. The first 2-3 weeks were almost unbearable (increased anxiety, insomnia and nausea) but slowly but surely after about a month I started to feel like I could finally relax. I would not recommend coming off this medication instantly-I tried it and I had horrible withdrawal symptoms so now I'm on 25mg every other day and it's worked out great for me! Stick through the bad times because it's so worth it!"

Alfiechip (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2015

"I've dealt with anxiety for the past 7 years, but about 2 months ago it got really bad. I started having at least one panic attack a day and it was really scary. I'm not a depressed person, but the anxiety was making me feel that way because I didn't know if I would go back to "normal" - I finally decided to see the doctor and tried Zoloft. I didn't have any side effects, just mild anxiety that got better day to day. A couple of high anxiety days in between, but all in all... I was getting back to myself. Here I am, a couple of months later and COMPLETELY back to normal! I feel so happy and thankful that I decided to try medicine."

RachRiv November 20, 2015

"I started taking zoloft about 5 months ago and it has totally changed my life for the better. The first 2 wks were a little rough ( increased anxiety ), but my Dr increased my ativan dosage until the zoloft started working. It took about 4-6 weeks to truly start working, but once it did it was a life saver. I've had barely any anxiety and have been able to decrease my ativan slowly to 0.5mg per day. Would highly recommend this med for panic attacks and / or generalized anxiety disorder."

Kmsbooty November 11, 2015

"Hi all I've been on sertraline for just over 7 weeks started out on 25mg then 50mg then worked my way up to 100mg. I had every side affect going BUT I did not give up I suffered from severe anxiety, could not leave the house, my husband had to take time off work to look after me, BUT Now I am nearly back to my old self, going out, if you are just starting out on sertraline please please give it time to work and hold on in there IT WILL GET BETTER ."

Wilba (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am diabetic and one day my sugar got kinda low..I started sweating and was nervous and shaky. I ended up going to the hospital in an ambulance...Every since that one time of being anxious, I can't seem to feel normal.I've been to the hospital several times..They do all kinds of tests and everything is normal..One Dr gave me Lorazepam, for fast help. I saw my Dr and she prescribed Zoloft 50 milligrams. I've been taking it for 5 days now. Still waiting for it to work.They say it takes 30 days to work. I've read some stories on here, that it works right away. But everyone is different. I hope it starts working soon, because I can't keep missing work..I feel weak and I sometimes feel hot from the inside of my body. I'll rate it later."

meemaa (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2015

"It took about 10 weeks but then all of a sudden. Bam. I feel great. Initial side effects were turture"

Rayray01 November 1, 2015

"I have just been prescribed zoloft, The reviews I have read have been very encouraging. I will let you know after 30 days how the medicine has helped me. Thanks, for all of your experiences with zoloft."

beentherepink October 15, 2015

"My Dr. started me on 50mg then slowly went up to 100 then 150 and now 200 mg within 3 months. I had anxiety for about 15 years and didn't realize I was that bad. My general practioner had me on Ativan and I have been on that for a good 10 years. I thought that was the end all/be all because it took away the panic for the time being - instant fix. I'm 42 years old, like to excerise, working mom with a full life and I hated having panic attacks at the mall, small spaces, etc. I really thought I would always be that way and just had to deal with it but honestly the Zoloft saved me. It makes you so positive and you don't focus on the stuff that would bring on anxiety. I wished I would've had this long before now. Give it time.. it WILL work"

Lamb72 October 9, 2015

"Growing up I always exhibited symptoms of OCD, however, my mother didn't believe that medication was the best route at a young age. I respected her decision throughout adolescence and tried to cope with my OCD on my own, using different vitamins such as b complex, etc. I met the love of my life last year and everything was wonderful until my relationship OCD kicked in with a vengeance. It almost ruined my relationship and my life, but I decided to seek professional help. My psychiatrist started me on Zoloft in June and I cannot express how much my life has changed because of it. I am a kinder person, and I can focus on the people and things I love, instead of constantly worrying about my health, relationship, etc. I highly recommend it!"

Elise.12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2015

"I promised myself I'd come back to this site and share my experience since it has helped me so much. About four months ago I had my first panic attack, a week after a very serious surgery, my doctor suggested it was from the anesthesia. Went two weeks without another one, then boom, full blown panic disorder. I thought I was losing my mind, I had to drop out of school and take off work. Went to see a psych who gave me Zoloft, started on 25mg (2weeks) then 50mg where I'm at now. I've been at the full dose for 2 months now and I finally feel "that switch" that people talk about go off. The side effects? HORRIBLE. If I didn't need to stick with it I wouldn't have. Headaches, insomnia, palpitations, excessive yawning. They go away."

Britt_any September 29, 2015

"I can feel the change I can do so much without getting anxious"

whackadoddle September 25, 2015

"I'm rating it a 5 for now because I took it 10 years ago with no problems. I started on 25mg then. This time they started me on 50 so maybe it is the dose. I took it last night and I have had one continuous panic attack. Tremors. Insomnia. Sick to my stomach. A hot sensation that comes over my body. I'm a mess. Waiting on Dr to call me, so if I decide to stay on it I will leave another review. 10 years ago when I took it, it just made me emotionless but I was also going through a lot. I lost a bunch of weight with it too. However, I had 0 side effects."

LilGrizz September 23, 2015

"Zoloft changed my life, however I have been on it for 20 years and it is not working so well anymore."

Coop25 September 5, 2015