User Reviews for Senokot

Learn more about Senokot.

Senokot review summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 216 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Senokot to treat Constipation

Review by A_S:

For the second time in few months I'm getting hives an hour or so after taking this medication. First time around they were really bad. Second time as soon as I got the itching and few hives I took an antihistamine that helped with the hives.

March 22, 2012 10:45 AM

Review by paininmytummy:

First day I used it- woke up at 3 am with a roaring stomach pain, sat on the toilet for about an hour with diarrhea!

September 10, 2011 3:51 AM

I used Senokot for about 2 years and it made no improvement, I was still going to the toilet around once a week and it made no effect.

June 20, 2010 11:26 AM

Review by At first glance...:

My doctor had prescribed Senokot 8.6mg tablets, 1x twice daily as needed to help compensate for my constipation that is commonly caused by narcotic pain relievers, such as Morphine, Methadone, oxycodone. At first it was great. I had no discoloration, no bloating, it was comfortable and gentle, almost as if it were natural. However, after about 3 months my bowels did start to become lazy and my Doctor had to give me something else in which to alternate off and on with. If while on this you notice the time between movements has increased to the point where you are "certain" it has, TELL YOUR DOCTOR! You'll just hurt yourself more the longer you wait.

April 10, 2010 9:45 PM