User Reviews for Scopolamine

Also known as: Maldemar, Scopace, Transderm-Scop

Learn more about Scopolamine.

Motion Sickness 47 reviews 109 medications

7.6
Nausea/Vomiting 8 reviews 153 medications

6.6
Parkinsonian Tremor 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Scopolamine reviews 55 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Scopolamine

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Have used this product several times. I use to get motion sickness while on even a row boat.. this stuff really did the trick for me"

keep trucking (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I applied Transdermal-Scop in the middle of the night anticipating a fishing trip in the AM. When I awoke in the morn., I was all sorts of dizzy, staggering, dry mouth and generally screwed up. Needless to say I did not fish. Instead I will use Bonine or Dramimine in the future"

Never again transderm May 20, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I was glad to read different experiences with this medication, observing side affects and negative reactions. I can't look at a boat, roller coaster, or backseat of a car without immediate nausea. I've used Transderm Scop patches on several occasions and they worked very well with no sign of motion sickness whatsoever. My side affects were mild compared to others--typical dry mouth, slight euphoria, mild giddiness, mild drowsiness. I was careful not to drink much alcohol and to leave the patch on for a day after the expired amount of time as not to shock my system. TS can be expensive. Has anyone used the generic brand(s)?"

NO MORE MOTION SICKNESS (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

For Motion Sickness: "This patch is absolutely wonderful I use it every time we go on a cruise and it completely eliminates the motion sickness. I have suffered with motion sickness most of my life driving in a car or anything with movement. This saved my entire trip every time I cruise I never leave home without it. The only side effect I have is extreme dry mouth but I just make sure that I keep myself hydrated while I'm vacationing on a cruise ship"

tamiro (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 3, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I took this for a 6 hour car ride followed up by two theme parks.I strongly suggest putting the patch on the night before you leave or at least four hours ahead of time.The side effects I experienced were extremely mild. The patch made me mildly euphoric, my eyes dilated & I got a mild head ache.I am 6ft tall & 150lbs, it only worked for two days for me instead of the three. The only negative side effects I had were short term memory loss,I kept asking the same questions over and over & dry mouth. I would not drive or use this if I was going alone somewhere. I recommend keeping it on for 1 or 2 days after you need it. Until your body regains it's equilibrium. I had no withdrawal symptoms."

Camanda J. March 17, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I had a tubal ligation and told the nurse beforehand that I was worried about the general anesthesia making me vomit, disturbing my incision. She gave me this patch behind my ear, and I didn't feel one bit of nausea after the surgery. I left it on for four days (even though it is rated for 3) just to make sure, and it worked flawlessly."

Steffani (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have had the scopolamine patch a few times now, but I was given them to control the nausea/vomiting after surgery. First time I had it was Jan 2014 when I had surgery. I took off the patch 3 days later and I ended up in the hospital for uncontrollable vomiting about 24hrs after the patch came off. However me nor the Drs connected it to the patch. November 2014 I had to have emergency surgery. I was given the patch again, 3 days later I took off the patch 48hrs later I was in the ER and admitted that night for uncontrollable nausea/vomiting. Saturday night they put the patch back. I took the patch off Wednesday, now I'm waiting to see what happens. Noticeable side effect, dilated pupils and blurry vision. Huge problem for me."

OmahaGirl (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2014

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Used the patch while on a trip overseas, where I would be on a boat, and also being driven around. I get sea sick and car sick. This worked well for the most part, but had blurry vision and light sensitivity. I did have the patch fall off a few times while showering, and replaced them right away. I used this for a 14 day trip. I stopped after the area became irritated, on day 10, and the area is still slightly swollen."

cactusfeathers November 16, 2014

For Motion Sickness: "I have used Kimite patches on 3 separate occasions. The first I used multiple patches for 8 consecutive days with no side effects whilst wearing the patch however, for the week following removal, I experienced dizziness and headaches. On the second and third occasions I only used one patch for a duration of 3 days each time (which is a patchs maximum longetivity) and I had no side effects. I still rate this medication highly as without my Kimite I wouldn't be able to travel long distances due to the severity of my motion sickness."

Kimite_User September 3, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I've tried everything under the sun for nausea. And after 6 years of pills and suppositories, I tried these and it's been 3 weeks since I've thrown up. Before trying this I was nauseous everyday and had to go to the ER every other week for severe symptoms. "

Trox (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2013

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "This medicine is a Godsend. I suffer from SEVERE motion sickness (cars, planes, boats, trains, etc...) Bonine/Dramamine don't work for me at all. I tried the Scop patch and I couldn't believe it, no motion sickness! I was able to make it being a passenger in the car going down the entire pacific coast highway without even feeling slight nausea. If you know what that road is like, you know how crazy that road is for someone with motion sickness. Side effects were light, slight dry mouth, slight dilated pupils, not much drowsiness. Only negative is the withdrawal I had after using 3 patches one after the other, but that was easily controlled with Dramamine. A "

MotionSicknessSucks November 15, 2013

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "First time I used the patch, I only started using it 2 hours before the flight and took it off as soon as I got to the place I was staying - about 11 hours. I was very sick for 2 weeks - nauseous and vomiting when in a vehicle. I was alright on the flight but not after I took off the patch. The second time I used it, my auntie who introduced me to the Transderm Scop patch told me I have to leave it on for 3 days and only take it off for shower and put it back on the same place making sure it's dry first. This time I was good. Never felt dizzy or nauseous after 3 days of using it. I never use the patch for more than 3 days and only use half of the patch as it is a small round one. Been using it 4 times since 2005 and it is a life saver"

VictoriaMP November 6, 2013

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "My husband used the patch for the first time to a long plane ride to Vegas. He had put on a total of three patches for the duration of our trip there. Upon returning home, he removed the patch and within 24 hours became violently ill. Six days later he has lost ten pounds and gets out of bed only to go to the bathroom. I believe when this patch is dispensed the physician or pharmacy should red flag the drug as far as side affects go. My suggestion is to use with extreme caution."

Polish Patty (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2013

For Motion Sickness: "I have battled extreme motion sickness for 29 years. After many failed attempts with Dramamine, Bonine, wrist bands, ginger candies...you name it, I decided to go to my PCP and get the patch. MIRACLE patch! I was able to ride to the top of Mt. Mitchell in N. Carolina, ride the blue ridge parkway and spend hours out in the Gulf of Mexico! There are some negative side effects, but nothing that isn't tolerable. The first time I used the patch, I left it on for three days. I had slightly blurred near vision (anything within an arms length was readable, but blurry lasted about 1.5 days after the patch was removed) and dry mouth. Nothing I couldn't handle. I definitely recommend this medication if you suffer motion sickness."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2013

For Motion Sickness: "It had taken me over 50 years to find something that is effective for motion sickness so I'm an enormous fan of Scopolamine. I'd tried Stugeron, Dramamine, Avomine & Valloids but none of them seemed to work. After research on the web, I persuaded my GP to prescribe Scoploamine for our last trip to Africa & it worked. This weekend I used it to control the nausea of labrynthitis. The only side effect seems to be a dry mouth."

Norfolk dog walker (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2013

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I get extreme motion sickness. Cannot even drive without making myself sick on occasion, while I am driving. So you can imagine when we go to Disney land with the kids I end up waiting for my kids to ride the rides. Until I was given a prescription for Transderm-Scop. This stuff works. I've been deep sea fishing, universal studios in Orlando to their roller coaster park, sailing and everything that normally I couldn't participate in doing with my kids and family. This definitely works. Changed my life and now I am able to experience all the Dunn with kids face to face - side by side."

Father Blake (taken for 10 years or more) May 19, 2013

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I was on small military ships for 5 yrs. Used Transderm Scop ALOT. By far, it's the most effective seasickness medicine that I encountered; I tried a great deal of those other medicines. With all powerful meds, however, come serious side effects. The worst is that it made me feel generally weird and depressed - I cringe when I think of putting a patch on. It gave me dry mouth and a bad after-taste. Lastly, it blurred my vision slightly. IF you time it right (put it on 4 hr before the heavy seas), you'll be seasick free. If you DON'T time it right (such as you exceed the 4 hr window b/c the heavy seas don't come rt away), you'll still have positive results, though not as effective. With it, I could concentrate and work well in any sea state."

Toni$ (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2013

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Works great for motion sickness. Much more effective than Dramamine or even Bonine, which was my OTC medicine of choice until I foung Transderm-Scop. I was in huge seas in the N. Pacific fishing and never felt a thing and felt 100% motion sickness proof. It does have some minor side effects for me like dry mouth and tiredness but you'll need to take a nap after getting back to port. All in all good though, much better than the horrible blood pressure meds that made me dizzy all the time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2013

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I have only used the patch for flying. I have severe chronic motion sickness. I start to get nausea while picking up my prescription for my flight. Usually I combine a Valium or Xanax to ease the apprehension about possibly getting sick .If I don't take it early enough for my trip , its likely that I'll vomit on the way to the airport but after that I'm fine. Some of my problem is I self induce my condition since I worry about it. I remove the patch as soon as I land but I am wiped out for the rest of the day until I can sleep it off. Blurry vision lasts about a day and dry mouth about the same. Don't cut the patch in half for short trips...It will not work! I found out the hard way."

worst motion sickness (taken for 10 years or more) December 25, 2012

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "My friend and I both used the patch to prevent motion sickness on our first cruise. By day 3 of the cruise, I had double vision, and could not even read the menu at dinner. I also began to get a horrible migraine, complete with flashes of light in my vision. I assumed the patch was wearing off, so I removed the old one and put on a new one. By the morning of day 4, we removed the patch after reading possible side effects on the box. My vision did not return to normal until day 6. I spoke with the doctors in the infirmary, and they said they often see this as a side effect to the medication. My friend experienced the same double vision, although hers began a day behind mine. "

NeverAgain2012 (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2012

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Second time I have used, first was for a 3 day cruise this time for 5. I was OK while wearing it but a few hours after I took it off I got dizzy and very nauseated with blurred vision. Dramamine helped some. Next day I felt awful but ran a half Marathon and ended up in urgent care because I was so nauseated after and my arms were tingling. He gave me meclazine which has helped some but its still going in 4 days later. Hoping it ends soon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2012

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I wore this patch on a recent cruise and was so sea sick, that I could not enjoy myself. I also got sick on the plane ride home. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2012

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed this medication to treat nausea and vomiting. The 1st day I put the patch on as directed. For an hour after I felt light-headed then side effects went away. 2nd day I noticed dryness in throat/eyes/nose, however, I was finally able to hold down liquids but not food. 3rd day when removed (same time I put it on) I noticed a whelp where the patch was. Stopped use. 4th day, woke up to find the white of my eyes were red, pupils dilated, painful, and blurred vision. Contacted Dr. who confirmed it was a side effect to stop use. "

Anonymous April 17, 2012

For Motion Sickness: "This patch is WONDERFUL! I found that the patch was too strong for me in the begining, so I cut the patch in half. Just so I wouldn't have side effect afterwards, I cut it slightly smaller the day before hitting land. However finish taking the patch in a smaller dosage once on land."

bbruck4696 February 15, 2012

Scopace (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "This medicine works very well when taking a boat out to go scuba diving. The tablet advantage allows a diver to see if the charter is going out before taking it. With the patch you have to put it on at noon for a 5:00pm charter."

Anonymous February 6, 2012