User Reviews for Scopolamine

Also known as: Maldemar, Scopace, Transderm-Scop

Learn more about Scopolamine.

Motion Sickness 61 reviews 114 medications

7.5
Nausea/Vomiting 15 reviews 159 medications

5.8
Summary of Scopolamine reviews 76 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Scopolamine

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Long history of post-op nausea (PONV) here. Excellent care team applied patch about an hour before surgery (along with IV Zofran) to stop the nausea. Really hoped it would help. The dizziness & blurred vision & very dry mouth made me feel worse--dying of thirst. Drank too fast post-op and had some of the worst PONV ever. CRNA said to wear it 3 days; I took it off after about 36 hours; my doctor switched me from oral promethazine (did not stay down) to meltable Zofran, which was much better. Hope it works better for others."

Andromache (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I Often get sick when going offshore fishing. I always trooper through it, but wanted something that may allow me to really enjoy the trip. This wasn't it. I have NEVER been so sick. Every time I ate or drank for 10 hours out there, I would throw it up within 20 minutes. Usually, when I use one of the pills I get sick once or twice and that's it. This didn't work at all for me."

Motion of the ocean May 15, 2016

For Motion Sickness: "Good stuff, I have been on boats when is is very rough with people sick all around me but no bother to me at all. The only draw back is dry mouth"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) May 12, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I had to have surgery and have a history of nausea and vomiting so the Dr's put one of these behind my ear. It worked great! No nausea at all. Since pain pills also make me sick I got a prescription for 3 patches to bring home with me. No problems so far!"

Slharrison14 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I highly recommend it. My husband & I used it on a cruise to Alaska & the waters leaving out of Seattle got pretty rough, we literally were holding on to the walls walking down the hallway. With the bad waves the 1st day I felt a little queasy but I did not get sick. There were couples that it was their 3rd & 4th cruise to Alaska that said the waves were the worst ever & they were sick.... Should have used Transderm. I will never cruise again without it!"

Weesie524 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2016

For Motion Sickness: "Used for post op surgery due to a history of nausea and vomiting. THE BEST recovery room experience. I took it off the next morning because I think, combined with the pain medication I was extremely dizzy/headache. I have never been seasick but I would recommend it for surgery."

Ducksaucee April 4, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed the scopolamine patch when I realized that Dramamine pills didn't work. The patch did work well, I felt minorly disoriented the first few hours of having it on, and on my flight I still felt a little nauseous but not nearly as bad as it usually is with dramamine. I surprisingly did not vomit the entire 6 hours of flying I experienced. During the flight and after, my vision was blurred for a while but I would rather have blurry vision than nausea from an airplane. I would definitely recommend his product to people who are sensitive to motion and get sick easily."

Anxious Traveller 622 March 31, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Used occasionally for over 20 years. The Best anti-nausea without doubt. When I use it, I actually enjoy travelling."

Hoodoo (taken for 10 years or more) March 9, 2016

For Motion Sickness: "This worked wonders for off shore sailing in our sail boat. It significantly reduced motion sickness!!! The only side effect was dry mouth. But who shouldn't be drinking more water? Especially when you live out of doors on a sail boat!"

afs99 February 8, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "My Dr. Prescribed this Transderm patch prior to an outpatient procedure. I was very careful and followed the instructions making sure to wash my hands before and after placing the patch behind my ear. Only to wake up 10 hours later feeling so dizzy and nauseous. Worst of all was my vision. When I arrived at the hospital My vision was so blurry I couldn't even read the paperwork I was signing, couldn't see the time on my cell phone or read any messages. My pupils were very dialated, this lasted for 2 days. I'm on day 3 and my vision is back to normal, but upon doing to much I'm still dizzy and nauseous. I always read thoroughly before I take anything. So I know I did NOT get this in my eyes by not doing as directed. Scary stuff!!"

Mz Angie Hill 1 February 7, 2016

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Never take this drug! I was on a 7 day cruise and took the ear patch. At first I had blurred vision and after removing the patch off when the cruise was done, things went horrible. I had nausea, dizziness. Went to doctor and was told I had vertigo, and couldn't get back to work. I had to suffer because of the side effects of this patch. Not sure how FDA approved this, this is a dangerous drug and should NEVER be prescribed."

Deeps1 December 29, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I have suffered from motion sickness my entire life on boats, in cars and on amusement rides. I have used OTC medicines like dramamine but the side effect of sleepiness was so overpowering, I couldn't even enjoy the activity. I recently heard of this wonder drug called Transderm and after reading reviews and speaking to a pharmacist, I decided to put it to the test at Tampa Bay Busch Gardens. WOW!!!!! I had the best time ever. I rode every ride and only one of them made me feel a LITTLE dizzy and nauseous during and briefly after. I did feel a bit drowsy as well for about five minutes but this was minor. The dry mouth was probably the biggest side effect I experienced. Overall, it was a success and I would use again."

WRKS4ME November 30, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Awful. Wore the patch for less than 24 hrsafter general anesthesia. I woke up in the middle of the night with my neck and the left side of my face swollen. When I pulled the patch off I started throwing up. I now get motion sickness in the car. It's a week later and my neck is still swollen and I still have motion sickness ( which I never had before). Its very painful. I should have taken the patch off sooner. I am 5-2" and 130lbs. It might have been too strong."

Surgery patient November 25, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Used the patch for my first cruise as I normally suffer from motion Sickness..I only got dry mouth and blurred vision but most people think this is from the patch when in fact its from your fingers after you have touched it or placed it you must always wash your hands as people do tend to scratch or touch eyes and the medication is transferred that was far more than a side effect via the application. I would never go on a cruise without it..Works a treat and can easily last for 4 days. I would highly recommend it."

Doonie68 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2015

For Motion Sickness: "Went on a 7 day cruise and used the patch, as well replaced it after 3 days. Worked good for me during the cruise. Side effects were dry mouth and I just drank a lot of water. One day I was working out on the cruise and felt like I wanted to throw up. I think its not intended to be used while doing lots of physical activity. Still got to enjoy my cruise with minimal problems. After the cruise I removed the patch on land and the next day I had severe excruciating headaches. I didn't feel motion sickness but suffered a huge loss of appetite, I only could eat one piece of bread a day or else I'd throw up. I was dealing with a painful headache/migrane that couldnt subside for an entire 7 days after the cruise. Warning to all users out there"

Migrane after remov September 8, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "This worked great for me. We went fishing on a small boat in the ocean for three days (going out each day) in some pretty choppy seas, and I never felt nauseous, nor did I get sleepy. I hate the drowsiness I get with Dramamine, so this was very welcomed. One patch lasted for all three days, so it was economic, too. The only challenge is ensuring the patch stays on during showers."

Tintinmilou July 8, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I have suffered from car sickness (all of my life) and vertigo and motion-sickness for about 10 years now. The last two are triggered by my seasonal allergies. :( Most OTC medicines make me sleepy, but the patch worked great on our 4 day cruise. I was not sick on the 5 hour drive to the ship either. I was even able to look over the balcony at the water!! It also did not make me tired and I plan to use it again on our upcoming cruise!! My husband used Dramamine and was not sick, but had to take a nap after each dosage. Due to his medications, he was not able to use the patch. My teenage son will be using the patch on his first cruise with us because he also suffers like me. I pray his results will be as great!!"

Works Great (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2015

For Motion Sickness: "Took it for 2 day cruise. Put it on in the morning and did not have any problems with motion sickness. I usually get sick in a car if I don't ride in the front and keep looking out. Boat rides are usually bad regardless where I am on the boat. Dry mouth was the only side effect I noticed. My husband started to feel sick at the end of the first day, had him put on a patch and he was fine. Also he insisted he had no motion sickness but as soon as the patch fell off he felt sick again, a new patch fixed that."

Anonymous June 13, 2015

For Motion Sickness: "If I could give this drug a negative rating, I would. PLEASE be careful taking it. I sought the patch to use on 6-day cruise after reading that it was more effective than meclizine. Meclizine is a JOY compared to scopalamine. On patch, I was @ the ship's infirmary every day with low bp and feeling overheated (cruise was in Canada during fall - not warm weather!) Wicked, constant headache, nausea and could barely keep eyes open for entire trip. Ruined vacation. Disembarked and went straight to ER. Was completely dehydrated. ER doc informed me of documented instances of scopolamine psychosis. VERY dangerous med, here!"

emley (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2015

For Motion Sickness: "I put the patch on the night before a planned mountain excursion. The morning I woke up, my vision was extremely blurry (couldn't read), I had severely compromised mobility (stumbling and tripping), decreased ability to comprehend what was being said to me, as well as very dry mouth. I also began hallucinating, so I took the patch off. Within 1 hour I started to feel a little more in control, and after 10 hours the side effects seemed to be gone. I had the patch on for a total of 8 hours, and felt like the patch was WAY too strong - to the point of overdose. I made sure to wash my hands after putting on the patch. I also take ortho-tri cyclin lo, propranolol 60mg for migraines, and Zyrtec."

R DUr (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Overall, this is great for preventing motion sickness. I used it for a 5 day cruise and I didn't not get sick. I give this an 8 because it came with some pretty annoying side effects: severe cotton mouth, occasional drowsiness, and really blurred vision."

B116 (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "Have used this product several times. I use to get motion sickness while on even a row boat.. this stuff really did the trick for me"

keep trucking (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I applied Transdermal-Scop in the middle of the night anticipating a fishing trip in the AM. When I awoke in the morn., I was all sorts of dizzy, staggering, dry mouth and generally screwed up. Needless to say I did not fish. Instead I will use Bonine or Dramimine in the future"

Never again transderm May 20, 2015

Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) for Motion Sickness: "I was glad to read different experiences with this medication, observing side affects and negative reactions. I can't look at a boat, roller coaster, or backseat of a car without immediate nausea. I've used Transderm Scop patches on several occasions and they worked very well with no sign of motion sickness whatsoever. My side affects were mild compared to others--typical dry mouth, slight euphoria, mild giddiness, mild drowsiness. I was careful not to drink much alcohol and to leave the patch on for a day after the expired amount of time as not to shock my system. TS can be expensive. Has anyone used the generic brand(s)?"

NO MORE MOTION SICKNESS (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

For Motion Sickness: "This patch is absolutely wonderful I use it every time we go on a cruise and it completely eliminates the motion sickness. I have suffered with motion sickness most of my life driving in a car or anything with movement. This saved my entire trip every time I cruise I never leave home without it. The only side effect I have is extreme dry mouth but I just make sure that I keep myself hydrated while I'm vacationing on a cruise ship"

tamiro (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 3, 2015