User Reviews for Onglyza

Learn more about Onglyza.

Onglyza review summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 115 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Onglyza to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Review by Cindysue:

Onglyza has worked great for me with a A1c of 6.5 and fasting blood glucose level of usually around 105-115. However. Since losing my insurance have not been able to afford and my blood glucose is now higher with a fasting of 125-140. Good news, the manufacturer has a financial assistance program and I have just received free 90 day Onglyza! Praise The Lord!

May 6, 2013 7:43 PM

Review by Whats Next (taken for less than 1 month):

This is my second go around with this medicine. My sugars stay in the 200's. It makes me eat ALL the time!

January 28, 2013 8:54 PM

Review by Dadlovesuall:

I am a type 2 diabetic for 13 years, insulins- Lantus and Novolog Flex Pen. Actos/Metformin. Sugar was still high, A1C 11.9. I know it says not to be used with insulin, but Doctor said it would benefit me to lower my levels. Adding this dropped my A1C level to 6.5. Big difference, with no side effects for me.

November 11, 2011 12:17 AM

Review by Michelle H:

A year ago, I was prescribed insulin for my blood sugars, which kept the fasting number at around 356! When I switched to another family physician, he tried out Onlgyza and Metformin and in exactly 1 week, my fasting blood sugars dropped 200 points overnight and the fasting has been at 100 since then. I have also lost about 40 pounds....which is a not-so-unfortunate side effect. My A1c went from 11.8 in September of 2010 to 7.1 in December of 2010. It is now down to a 6.6 (and another medication was recently added). NOTHING has ever controlled my blood sugars as well as Onglyza has. I've lost weight as well, and I feel GREAT! I am so thankful for switching doctors and for him trying this medication!

October 24, 2011 8:33 PM

Review by catmom10:

I have been diabetic for 5 years and recently came off insulin to try Onglyza and have been on it for 8 days. On insulin my fasting was on average 120 but have not been able to get my fasting below 175 on this medicine. I still take metformin and would like to see if this works and not go back on insulin. I have noticed I have less appetite on Onglyza and have lost 2 pounds and have not had any other side effects. I am hoping the medicine just needs to build up in my system. Any suggestions to bring down my fasting number would be appreciated.

January 5, 2011 12:38 PM

Review by ladybug1515:

I am taking this with metformin for over a week now. It took a few days to overcome the "sinus headache" effect. Other than that, controlling my sugar is less stressful with this med. added to my regimen of diet and exercise. (I was diagnosed about 3 months ago).

October 19, 2010 4:33 AM

Review by Big Daddy 77:

Onglyza is an excellent addition to my regimen, in controlling my HBA1C's. I have experienced weight loss and it is very affordable. My doctor gave me a Value Card which fixes the Co-Pay at just $10 per month at last a new medicine that works and is affordable.

June 3, 2010 9:56 AM

Review by ReginaKing65:

I am on Onglyza and Metformin. I have much confidence in the Onglyza. I ran out of the drug for a week, and my sugar went sky high. My insurance may not cover Onglyza now and I am saddened by that. I trust this drug to keep my sugar in check.

April 13, 2010 4:42 PM

Review by JanWagner:

I'm taking Onglyza with Lantus. It took about two weeks for the headache to do away but other than that, it's great and no side effects except one for which I'm grateful. All the weight put on by the Lantus (117 lbs) is starting to come off slowly but steadily.

November 9, 2009 3:17 PM