User Reviews for Neupro

Parkinson's Disease 8 reviews 49 medications

8.1
Summary of Neupro reviews 20 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Neupro

For Restless Legs Syndrome "It worked great for me. I thought I found the answer to all my misery until I started breaking out from the patch. I got a rash all around where the adhesive was. I was fortunately still using samples so I had not put a any $$ for. I will try it again if they can make the patch hypoallergenic or something"

mrbearsmom (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I took it about a week, It was too strong, and I found myself driving, and falling asleep, I went back to Baclofen, much safer for me"

Dan Post Polio (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I seen this online and had to try it for myself. I suffer real bad from restless leg and been taking two different pills for at least 6 years and it wasn't helping me at all. I get restless legs during the day and at night and been miserable and cranky. So I call my doctor and he gave me a sample pack to try and the one I tried are 4mg and the patches are for 24 hour. Today is day six and have not had one episode of restless legs. I can cry that I'm so happy to have my life back. You must try it.....I promise it does work. I've tried almost everything out there. No I can relax and sit with no problem."

tugs1234 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have suffered with restless legs syndrome for years. Tried Requip and it made me horribly sick on my stomach within 30 minutes after taking it. Then tried Mirapex and still had major symptoms. Then came NEUPRO! WOW! I could live again! It has changed my quality of life extremely! But the patch doesn't stay on well so I use paper tape to keep them on the whole 24 hrs. Was able to get a reduced payment on medicines for $10.00 a month for 12 months for 30 day supply. Insurance would not cover it."

Carmar (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2014

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have suffered from restless legs syndrome since the age of 18 but at that time and until my 40's I would get long bouts of remission. Once I hit my 40's the RLS became relentless, not only in my legs but also my arms and strange sensations to touch in my fingers. I tried Mirapex but had horrible nightmares. Then I tried Requip for many years but started getting augmentation during the day. Increasing the dose helped for a little while and then it just got even worse. I have been on the Neupro patch for several months and it does control the symptoms very well. Have only had a few mild episodes. However, the patch makes me extremely sleepy in the daytime which is a big problem as I work full-time and have fallen asleep at work."

Hoff1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2014

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I started taking the 2mg patch for severe Restless Leg Syndrome, so bad I was having to take Sinemet all day and night for relief. I was miserable with rebound effects and waiting for the Sinemet to kick in. Now that I've been taking Neupro, it has been life altering. I can sit for hours and not be miserable and sleep very well at night. Finally, a medicine that does wonders for me. YAY!"

not miserable anymore January 24, 2014

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Neupro patch is the BOMB!!!!! My RLS bothers me even during the day, but with Neupro slow release patch, no leg jitters. AWESOME!!!!! I just can't say enough about it. My provider has been giving me samples, so I have not had to pay as of yet, I just hope it isn't very expensive, would hate to not be able to continue use due to the out of pocket cost."

giddyflapperchic (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2013

For Restless Legs Syndrome "After trying carbidopa/Levadopa, Mirapex, Requip, & gabapentin, the Neupro is the best. "

Restless Leg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2013

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Neupro has been a lifesaver, in combination with Mirapex. I just couldn't get the restless legs syndrome under control with medication, but Neupro immediately took care of all trace of restless legs syndrome. I am a 60 year old female who has suffered since my teen years."

worf traveler (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 22, 2013

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Three hours after I first put on the Neupro patch for the first time, I felt like I was reborn. I suffered from restless legs 24 hours a day and was heading for a serious meltdown. After about 4 or 5 months, the restless legs returned on occasion. I stopped drinking diet coke and continued the patch. I have been restless legs free for almost a year and I feel like a new person. I am a woman, age 64. I started with Restless Legs Syndrome in my early twenties but only occasionally. When I was 60, they came almost regularly, then 24 hours a day. My neurologist put me on every pill imaginable. They would work for a month and RLS returned with a vengeance. My husband searched the Internet and found Neupro. My doctor prescribed it and I am back to normal."

CarlavIllanova (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2013

For Restless Legs Syndrome "My only complaint is allergic to adhesive of patch but Relief of symptoms has out weighed the reaction to adhesive."

mamalouann May 19, 2013

For Parkinson's Disease "Seems to allow for less CD/LD. I think it is minimizing my tremor, allowing me to lower L-Dopa dosage, yet paradoxically, it seems to be increasing my Dyskinesia."

aj74666 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2012

For Parkinson's Disease "I have been on the patch for about 3 weeks. It has really helped alot. I have not been able to take any oral medcations because they make me very nauseous. I am taking 2 mg. This patch helps me a lot. So far no side effects."

pupsik October 3, 2012

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Works ok however I have had severe restless legs the last 5 days with periodic leg movements. "

Suckstobeme (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2012

For Parkinson's Disease "The medicine in the patch is incredible. I stand straighter, little to no wearing off in between doses of Sinemet. A little dyskensia, but well worth it. Only 1 complaint, the patch does not stick sometimes. Some of the time I have to use 2 patches, because they literally fall off. I used what UCB suggested, Bandaid tape. Anyone else having a problem with patch sticking? Or do I stand alone? But I won't give up Neupro patch for nothing."

fronya (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2012

For Parkinson's Disease "I have used Neupro for 5 months now, in combination with Azilect. The neurologist Increased my dosage from 2mg to 6mg. My tremors and motor-skills co-ordination are definetely more under control. No significant side effects."

Anonymous November 9, 2010

For Parkinson's Disease "I am using these patches for 18 months and it has been very effective. But severe psychiatric side effects like increases sexual urges, compulsive chatting/internet surfing, fast driving etc are making me reconsider the use."

Patchdown November 18, 2009

For Parkinson's Disease "I have used the patch for nearly 2 years, receiving it from Europe before it was released in the US. Quite honestly, it has been life altering. I am now able to complete tasks I was totally unable to do before. Now that it has been removed from the US market, it is like taking away the oxygen required to breath. Someone should do something to at least get the compassionate use thing going."

Anonymous September 5, 2008

For Parkinson's Disease "Our Dad has been on neupro for only two weeks now. We have seen a great improvement however, he now seems to have developed insomnia. That can be a bit rough for us caretakers at night. Hopefully, sooner than later he will return to a better evening sleep pattern."

Papa's6 March 10, 2008

For Parkinson's Disease "I have been on the patch for about 6 months. It has really helped alot. I have not been able to take any oral medcations because they make me very nauseas(?) I can't wait til a higher dose is approved in the US. Carole"

Carole Hoogland March 3, 2008