User Reviews for Avandia

Learn more about Avandia.

Diabetes, Type 2 7 reviews 118 medications

Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Avandia reviews 7 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Avandia

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I had terrible leg cramps all over my legs for hours at night. So bad nearly all muscles in both legs at same time. I passed out with pain so severe. The day I quit Avandia the cramps stopped."

augustsh November 4, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Although Avandia was very efficient in controlling my blood sugars, I had a reaction to it which resulted in my heart skipping beats beating very hard. While on Avandia, I was unable to complete stress tests. After quitting Avandia, I have had no more heart problems and can now successfully complete stress tests."

clund September 30, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Avandia had some side effects with me that the doctors thought was cancer. They insisted it could not be the medicine but after over a year of multiple scans biopsies and bone marrow tests, I chose to quit taking the medicine on my own. My blood sugar skyrocketed but my immune system started working again. I haven't had to go to the hospital since. "

Anonymous July 22, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Numbers were good but weight gain was terrible. Gained 5 pounds almost immediately; a total of 30 altogether."

Anonymous July 14, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Very effective but some side effects. Causes weight gain. Potential cardiac health risks. Has some unintended good side effects too though."

Anonymous April 25, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I used Avandia 8mg once a day for 5 years and A1c went from 9 to 5.4. I had a headache in the beginning. No other problems. Then the big scare happened and my doctor took me off and I am on glipizide. I think I will go back to Avandia."

Anonymous February 22, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking 4mg once in morning for last 8 or 9 years without any problems. Weight is staying stable within 5 lbs /- for the last 8 or 9 years. "

nemrak April 24, 2008