User Reviews for Avandia

Learn more about Avandia.

Avandia review summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 113 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Avandia to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Review by augustsh:

I had terrible leg cramps all over my legs for hours at night. So bad nearly all muscles in both legs at same time. I passed out with pain so severe. The day I quit Avandia the cramps stopped.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2009 9:12 AM

Review by clund:

Although Avandia was very efficient in controlling my blood sugars, I had a reaction to it which resulted in my heart skipping beats beating very hard. While on Avandia, I was unable to complete stress tests. After quitting Avandia, I have had no more heart problems and can now successfully complete stress tests.

September 30, 2009 1:05 PM

Avandia had some side effects with me that the doctors thought was cancer. They insisted it could not be the medicine but after over a year of multiple scans biopsies and bone marrow tests, I chose to quit taking the medicine on my own. My blood sugar skyrocketed but my immune system started working again. I haven't had to go to the hospital since.

July 22, 2009 2:08 PM

Numbers were good but weight gain was terrible. Gained 5 pounds almost immediately; a total of 30 altogether.

July 14, 2009 1:11 AM

Very effective but some side effects. Causes weight gain. Potential cardiac health risks. Has some unintended good side effects too though.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2009 2:57 PM

I used Avandia 8mg once a day for 5 years and A1c went from 9 to 5.4. I had a headache in the beginning. No other problems. Then the big scare happened and my doctor took me off and I am on glipizide. I think I will go back to Avandia.

February 22, 2009 10:58 PM

Review by nemrak:

I have been taking 4mg once in morning for last 8 or 9 years without any problems. Weight is staying stable within 5 lbs /- for the last 8 or 9 years.

April 24, 2008 11:03 PM