User Reviews for Requip

4.2
Summary of Requip reviews 46 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Requip

Review by Btaylor7162: User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I wasn't able to sleep hardly at all before taking this medicine, now I can sleep with no problems with my legs. So thankful

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 12, 2014 10:46 PM
Review by LisaDT: User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have severe restless legs syndrome and the only thing I have found that controls it is Requip. Couldn't survive without it.

January 20, 2014 9:34 PM
Review by eltell (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I am now in my 70's and have suffered restless legs all my adult life. My Doctor referred me to a neurologist 4 years ago who tried me on Ropinirole starting on a low dose of 1mg each night gradually building up to 5mg daily. It took me over a year to get over nausea and adjusting my dosage to get the desired result. I now take a 1mg tablet with each meal and 2 before bed making a total of 5mg daily and I no longer suffer from restless legs, totally gone! I have no side effects at all.

December 31, 2013 9:44 AM
Review by Angie 646: User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I am on 6mg of the 24hour release ropinirole and I think I've found the solution. I take 2mg in the afternoon then 4mg an hour before bed and after living with restless legs syndrome for 45 years driving me insane for many years I actually think I may have found the solution, highly recommended.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 20, 2013 4:40 PM
Review by Britches54: User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I'm on 4 mg of ropinrole and that use to be enough but lately it is not. I was told by my Doctor not to take anymore then 4 mg per day. But I can't take it the past two days I have taken 5mgs per day does anyone esle take more then 4 mg per day

November 4, 2013 2:50 PM
Review by furrville (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: Best medicine for RLS EVER!!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 23, 2013 9:43 AM
Review by kakeladi: User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs for over 50 years. It started when I was expecting my 1st daughter. I was told it was common in pregnant women but mine has NEVER let up - in fact has gotten worst over the years. I tried drinking quinine water until that was banned, it helped some but not much. I also 'held up the wall' with stretching exercises. I started taking ropinirole about 10 yrs on the advice of another person who called herself 'the queen of restless legs', I was given 1mg and told I should start taking 1/2 pill per day, increasing it weekly until I got 'results' - that one could take as many as 8 pills per day! Well, the 1/2 pill worked just fine for several years - I now take 1 to 2 per day depending.

August 24, 2013 6:41 PM
Review by Dot/oz: User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs syndrome for 5 years. I started Requip at 1mg now I am taking 2.5mg. I have had morning sickness everyday. Nothing else works. I am hoping the path will work. I am willing to try anything.

February 22, 2013 3:28 PM
Review by maceykay (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: All night long one night my legs kept jumping up in the air till I couldn't sleep at keeping my husband up. So I got on Requip 0.25mg take 2 at bed time and I slept all night long, without jumping legs and if I had them I didn't know of them. So far as sleep it helps me also. This is the best thing for me and my legs.

February 20, 2013 10:17 PM
Review by Sleepless in Dallas (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs syndrome for 30 years that I can remember. I have been on Requip for 15 years. Before it was approved for RLS. I was in a clinical trial for it then was able to get a script for it as it was approved for Parkinson's. RLS treatment varies on intensity of it. It only gets worse. I am up do 4 mg a day. The combination of what works is a moving target. I have tried it all. Requip is no longer helping me as it was. Once RLS starts I am screwed in to a night of living hell. I take Ambien to help but that is no longer helping.

February 16, 2013 11:47 PM
Review by Ed 1938: User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I had shaky legs so bad and could not sleep. My primary care doctor prescribed Requip, but I had awful side effects on Requip.

January 13, 2013 9:16 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs syndrome for much longer than anyone knew what it was. I was a kid in the 70's getting in trouble for "squirming" at my desk. It tends to act up more with periods of activity. When my wife and I were dating, I was at the gym and riding a bike and I would wake up in the middle of the night and do stretches and anything to try and make the feeling go away. Recently, is has become unbearable again for some reason, it is ten years after the last bad period. I have tried Lyrica, which did not seem to help, Neurontin - which helped some but was wiping me out with tiredness and I just switched to Mirapex because I couldn't see that 1-2mg a night was doing anything but making me nauseous.

November 14, 2012 4:17 PM
Review by Ginaloo (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have been taking generic Requip (ropinerole) for about 9 months now for restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder. My doctor has gradually increased my dose from 0.75 mg a day to 2 mg. It has really helped my PLMD; it doesn't happen anymore. It also helps my RLS. However, my RLS had almost disappeared before I started taking Requip (when I gave up caffeine). The RLS came back when I started taking Requip for the PLMD. Overall, however, I think it has been worth it. I am on a still relatively small dose.

October 13, 2012 6:06 PM
Review by RogerLegDodger (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I take 0.75 mg at 6.00pm. This totally relieves restless legs syndrome for me. Side effects are mild but include profound sleepiness and mildly heightened libido (true!) which are somewhat self-defeating. Because Requip is a dopamine agonist it works alongside iron as a co-factor. Therefore, I need to minimise iron-depleting lifestyle factors as well as taking Requip. That means that I can only have de-caffeineated coffee and that I can't drink alcohol.

October 6, 2012 5:11 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I began taking Requip when it first came on the market for restless legs syndrome. My symptoms got better for about 6 months, then slowly got worse. As the dosage increased, so did the systems. What began as nightly leg twitching/aches, got so bad I began having anxiety attacks at night. It was very common for me to have an anxiety attack and end up getting up on the computer until about 3am until I couldn't keep my head up anymore (Getting up at 5am for work, I was a walking zombie). Also as the dosage increased, I began having symptoms while sitting at my desk at work and also experienced nightly vomiting/dry heaving. I became suicidal. After 6 yrs I switched to Mirapex. After 5 yrs I'm on minimal dosage with incredible results. I feel human again!

July 8, 2012 2:35 AM

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I loved Requip the first 3 months with no side effects. I was on 0.5mg. Then I started to have anxiety attacks, emotional melt downs, fatigued muscles, hot flashes during night time and nausea. I stopped the medicine and all my problems went away unfortunately my RLS came back.

April 10, 2012 10:06 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I've been on Requip for 5 years. Unfortunately I started having breakthroughs daily. I was then placed on Neurontin along with the Requip. This was successful after upping the Neurontin dosage to a level of 1,200mg daily at bedtime along with 6 mg of the Requip.

April 3, 2012 10:03 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: This somewhat reduced my restless legs syndrome (which occurs every other day and is enough to keep me up at night and be bothersome); however, it gave me insomnia, which came in the form of falling asleep relatively quickly, but I would wake up approximately every two hours in the middle of very vivid dreams. Each time I would wake up, it would take me a good five minutes to realize where exactly I was and that I was semi awake in the middle of a vivid dream; then it would take me a good half hour to fall asleep again and the cycle would repeat. The side effects definitely outweighed the benefits and I stopped using after two nights. Now I'm on Gabapentin, which hopefully will work a bit better for me.

February 29, 2012 12:38 AM
Review by Daggy:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs syndrome since before there was any medicine or before they put a name on it. I called it shaken leg syndrome. Then finally my Dr. put me on Requip as soon as it came out, I went up to 4mg quickly but I had it all over my body, so I went out searching again online and found 'NATURES INVENTORY" they have an oil for RLS and it works for moderate or less. So I use the oil when I'm out and about cause Requip makes me very tired. I only have to take 2mg Requip as long as I use the oil, too. Other side effects with Requip are: Sweating, nausea.. I nibble on my pill over about 2 hours and have no side effects that way... I can't imagine life with out Requip.

February 18, 2012 9:21 PM
Review by salwill: User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: Requip was effective, and I thought that I couldn't live without it. HOWEVER, after about 10 years of increasingly disturbing nightmares, one dangerously extreme nightmare made me realize that something was very wrong. After stopping the Requip, problem solved. Now I take one Aleve at one hour before bedtime, and most nights sleep okay. I have heard that some doctors believe that RLS is actually a spinal disc problem, and since I do have a bulge in a lower-back disc, this could be my problem.

February 17, 2012 11:49 AM
Review by kitjones: User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: Requip has been a God send for me. As with any other medication it affects everyone differently. I take it only at bed time because that is the only time it affects me. I do recommend this medicine to all that I know that suffer from restless leg syndrome.

December 27, 2011 10:41 PM
Review by susieratledge: User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Parkinson's Disease: Requip was prescribed for me for "break-through" symptoms related Parkinson's Disease. I could not tell that it made any difference at all.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 10, 2011 1:03 AM
Review by squirrely girl: User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I've been on 1 Requip for a couple of months with *great* success. Last night, however, I got my first breakthrough restless legs syndrome; it lasted all night and was excruciating. I took baths, did some stretching and even took another Requip. I got about 4 hours sleep, but RLS woke me up again this morning, and it's the same. I've read that many people have had to up the dosage on this medicine, but this happened to me so soon after taking it, I'm sort of nervous. I don't want to increase the dosage already - it's only been a month. Thank you for mentioning that some of you have RLS breakthrough if you are dehydrated or something else.

August 28, 2011 10:14 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: This medication actually worsened my symptoms and the MD kept raising the dose until I had symptoms during the day. Then she finally listened to me and took me off this medication.

July 11, 2011 2:20 PM
Review by catladyJB: User Rating:

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: I have been taking Requip XL for a few years now. It worked great at first, but now I get rebound restless legs syndrome almost every afternoon. I also find that if I'm late taking it, or if I take it after the rebound RLS starts, that it takes hours before it helps. I usually end up taking Percocet to stop the painful twitching. It's better than taking nothing at all, but I would love to go 24 hours without the pain!

July 5, 2011 6:02 PM

Learn how medication, diet, and exercise are key to managing Multiple Sclerosis. Click Here