User Reviews for Requip

Parkinson's Disease 4 reviews 48 medications

4.2
Summary of Requip reviews 75 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Requip

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have had RLS since I was 14. I am now 42. RLS is a miserable existence. An annoyance beyond belief. I have gone with no sleep for 3 days at a time more than once because of my legs, or legs and arms, or even knees and a shoulder joining in to laugh at me. I have been on Mirapex most of my adult life at 1 mg being told I could take 2 on bad nights and it worked most nights, but most of my adult life I have taken Mirapex 1 mg, gabapentin 300 mg, trazadone 50 mg, and 1Tylenol #3 Every night.....just to go to sleep. And it took all of that just to go to sleep. A doctor might look at you like your nuts if you ask for all that but I'm telling you it will work. I moved and my new Dr decided to take my Mirapex away and try me on requip.. Fail.."

Restlesslegisakiller December 31, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Have been taking Requip for 6 months. You have to be careful not to exceed recommended dosage and keep it as low as possible. It will or won't work for you, don't get impatient and take more shortly after first dose. I am lucky in that I do not get the vomiting/stomach issues. But you can almost time it to the minute, I start to cough, my nose feels like it is swollen inside and no air can get thru. Draining in to the throat makes the cough much worse. 2 1/2 to 3 hrs later-all better. Higher doses ( 2mg) make it much worse. However it still beats RLS without a doubt!!"

Sneeze & Weeze December 25, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I was taking amitriptaline for years, but started losing memory, then I started losing time. With alzheimer's strong in family history, I had to make a change to my medication. I tried horizant, 300mg for a while, then bumped up the mg to 600/night. It still wasn't helping. My legs got worse & worse. I was taking benedryl just to sleep & some times even that didn't work. Fed up of crying & writhing in pain, I called my Dr who put me back on requip. 3mg to start. It was terrible! ! Incredible nausea, vomiting, sweats, syncope.... worst night of my life! I thought I was going to die! ! Luckily, my fiance is a medical assistant, otherwise....I probably wouldn't be able to write this."

Nicole L. December 5, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have tried several different medications over the past years. Some work at first, but later stop. Some have horrible side effects or just are not effective. I have found that requip extended release works nearly all the time for me. I have to set a reminder on my phone and take it (2mg) at 4:15pm. Regular (not ext release) requip made me nauseous."

Sjcarr (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Requip was life changing for a year! But like others have commented, my RLS has been getting a lot worse. I have discovered that this is a rather common side effect of this drug. Before requip I used to have 3-4 bad nights a week. Now if I don't have access to the medication I don't sleep at all, and the medication is working less and less. I don't know if it has been worth it."

MoMilla (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Was on Clonazepam 1 mg as needed. Doctor found out that it causes Alzheimer and dementia so they took me off it. I tried Requip but it made me feel crappy. When I stood still I felt like I was going to fall, I completely lost my appetite, and other things."

msteeq1979 November 3, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have had RLS since I was a child (now am 38). Was on Clonazepam 1 mg as needed. Switched sleep doctors and am now under the care of a neurologist who recommended Requip. I started at 0.5mg and am now at 1.5mg. I have to take it earlier and earlier because the RLS is so bad. As I type this at 4:30 in the afternoon, I am ready to go get a saw and start cutting off at the knees! I think I am going to go back on the Clonazepam. This is miserable."

Ready to get a saw (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Initially medication was very helpful, but the longer I'm on it the less it helps. Now experiencing more day time sleepiness and I'm not able to stay asleep at night. Some nights it seems to help a lot, and then other nights nothing it doesn't seem to help at all. Getting harder and harder to rest and feel rested. Going to my doctor within the next 2 weeks to discuss different medication. RLS is very frustrating."

Stonehaven57 October 2, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have been on Reqip for about 6 years and have a severe case of RLS. My legs spasms have worn out many sheets. I would have to say I have a love/hate relationship with requip. I take 5mg tablet 1 hour before bed. Almost like clock work 22 to 25 mins later I feel miserable with a constant feeling of the need to puke but I don't. I have always had insomnia which got worse on requip. I have been able to address the insomnia with trazadone and it works well. I have read others post and I think I am going to talk with my doctor about spreading it out in 3 different times to take it. In the past 6 months I have begun to have twitching in my arms, shoulders and wrists."

PhantomF4Driver (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have severe RLS and have slept on the floor for 25 years because the hardness of the floor against the muscles in my legs give a some relief. I have been on Requip for about 4 months and take 2 mg about 1.5 hours before bed. The effectiveness is hit or miss. On a good night I fall asleep in about 30 minutes but wake up 3 to 5 hours later and toss and turn until the alarm goes off. On a bad night, I get about 2 hours of fitfull sleep and then my legs ACHE for the rest of the night. Requip causes my legs to swell and I have had to increase my blood pressure meds. Also it has given me some very interesting dreams. All in all it is better than nothing because nothing means NO sleep ever. I wish my Doc would give me something else."

H. Jeff July 28, 2015

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder "I was given this med for RLS/PLM. This medication kept me up most of the night with a bucket to vomit into. Hummm.... Which to chose, RLS/PLM vs Severe nausea/ Vomiting? "

Jai Croft-Smyth (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "So far so good. I have mild RLS compared to others I think. For a long time I didn't know what I had and the doctor thought at first it was neuropathy in my feet. Tried some other meds for that (Cymbalta, Amitriptyline) both did not help with some side effects. I started the Requip at one pill .25mg for 2 days and it seemed to work well but with some pain still. Last night I increased to 2 pills at bedtime and pain pretty much gone. My doctor said to increase dose if I need more relief up to max of 2mg after appropriate waiting time. No side effects so far."

David BW (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I'm 34 and have had restless legs since I was a child. It's the most irritating thing. I do not get a good night's because of it and I practically always wake up in a bad mood. My doctor prescribed requip (generic) and was specific to tell me to gradually up the dose. I started with .25 mg last night and will again tonight, then .50 for the next week and another slight increase. I'm hoping that's what will help me avoid the sickness. Because once I read some of the reviews, I was pretty scared to take it. So...I took it last night and I slept better than I have in a long time. I could literally feel my body relax and I barely moved all night, which never happens! I woke up in a good mood, well rested and not groggy! I'm so thrilled!"

happylegs (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "The very first night I started Requip, I vomited violently all night."

Rls in Ky July 2, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Ropinerol works for my jumpy legs, but I had to start taking it earlier and earlier. Now believe me side effects are real. I became reckless with money - my credit score dropped from 700s to 500s. I started to gamble so bad I would gather all the change in the house just to be able to play the slots. I would gamble instead of paying the mortgage."

KICKIN LEGS (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 13, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I started Requip 1 mg at bedtime. It worked great for 3-4 months. My Dr increased the dosage so I now take 3 mg at bedtime. Again, it worked great for a few months, and then the symptoms reappeared. The Requip is better than nothing, but I was up pacing the floors when I should have been sleeping. My husband suggested acupuncture, and that has made a huge difference. I take the Requip 3 mg with 3 saltines to prevent nausea and vomiting. I have an acupuncture treatment every 2 weeks, and no problems when I go to bed."

JanNurse (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Requip stopped the restless legs, but caused severe insomnia for me which defeated the purpose for taking it"

shepherdjory March 10, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have had restless legs syndrome for 20 years or so now. I have been taking Requip for almost the entire time it was diagnosed and I have a severe case. In the past few months, I have experienced some nausea, dizziness, pain and tiredness after my first dose in the morning. I did not realize this could be a side-effect of the medication. I take 4mg. 3Xday, if I did not, I would never sleep, sit through a movie or be able to focus on work. I will put up with the side-effects."

rainysundae February 28, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Let me first start by saying that Requip did work very well to control my restless legs syndrome. (I have terrible uncontrollable leg movement/pain). However the side effects of the HIGHER dosage made me very sick. Approximately one hour before bedtime I had taken the pill. I began to feel extremely nauseous, excruciating stomach cramps, chills, and my head started spinning. I could barely make it to the bathroom where I immediately threw up. I found relief soon thereafter from the side effects. I continued having a mild stomach ache about 4 hours later. Requip should definitely be taken by the smaller dosage at first. Then move up gradually when you feel that the dosage isn't covering all your pains. I take Requip daily and have for 10 years for my RLS. Feel better!"

blake0123 February 21, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "It works great for Restless Legs Syndrome. I can finally sleep at night. I'm 41 and the first time I experienced RLS, I was 8. I could just do without the side effects. I'm on 2mg and I think if it was upped, my side effects would worsen. I feel sick to my stomach. I vomit at times. I've had hallucinations. It makes me feel like my blood sugar is dropping, but it's not. Just makes my body not feel right. Thinking about finding something else without these side effects."

DrmzRWkd (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 15, 2015

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder "Was it Multiple Sclerosis fatigue? I thought I was stuck with awful 24/7 sleepiness and waking up as tired. Three months ago, I was relieved after 15 years by Ropinirole the very first dose after a new doc asked if anyone had ever mentioned me twitching at night. Try it. It might be your miracle too! I feel like me twenty years ago."

Seattle housewife (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "My restless legs syndrome has become really annoying in the past few months. I was on Gabapentin which seemed to help but it started to become less effective so the Dr switched to Requip. On my first night, I felt sick and had flu like symptoms. The next day I took it early and immediately felt sick and started to throw up and felt chills and then felt hot. This medicine did absolutely nothing for me besides make me sick."

ShortyG January 21, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I don't know what I would do without the drug requip.I reckon I never would sleep at all. I give it a 10"

chevy2 (taken for 10 years or more) December 21, 2014

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I've have an extreme case; it starts in my legs and finds it's way to the arms and everywhere else. I've spent more nights than I care to remember screaming into my pillow. Requip completely quiets the syndrome - 100%. But...then I spend the next two hours wishing I hadn't taken it, due to the endless projectile vomiting. I cannot take it, as I had developed hypophosphatemia from the vomiting. (I now take Klonopin 1 mg at bedtime, and it prevents RLS extremely well.)"

Steady Stan (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2014

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I experienced Bladder Pain with Requip. I had a constant frequent urge to urinate. This is not the most common side effect of this medicine; it is listed as "Less Common." But after taking this I did have lasting bladder pain that did not go away after I stopped taking Requip."

Celticherself December 1, 2014