User Reviews for Requip

Learn more about Requip.

Requip review summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Restless Legs Syndrome.

Reviews for Requip to treat Restless Legs Syndrome

Review by DrmzRWkd (taken for 1 to 2 years):

It works great for Restless Legs Syndrome. I can finally sleep at night. I'm 41 and the first time I experienced RLS, I was 8. I could just do without the side effects. I'm on 2mg and I think if it was upped, my side effects would worsen. I feel sick to my stomach. I vomit at times. I've had hallucinations. It makes me feel like my blood sugar is dropping, but it's not. Just makes my body not feel right. Thinking about finding something else without these side effects.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2015 10:48 AM

Review by ShortyG:

My restless legs syndrome has become really annoying in the past few months. I was on Gabapentin which seemed to help but it started to become less effective so the Dr switched to Requip. On my first night, I felt sick and had flu like symptoms. The next day I took it early and immediately felt sick and started to throw up and felt chills and then felt hot. This medicine did absolutely nothing for me besides make me sick.

January 21, 2015 10:56 PM

Review by chevy2 (taken for 10 years or more):

I don't know what I would do without the drug requip.I reckon I never would sleep at all. I give it a 10

December 21, 2014 4:53 AM

Review by Steady Stan (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I've have an extreme case; it starts in my legs and finds it's way to the arms and everywhere else. I've spent more nights than I care to remember screaming into my pillow. Requip completely quiets the syndrome - 100%. But...then I spend the next two hours wishing I hadn't taken it, due to the endless projectile vomiting. I cannot take it, as I had developed hypophosphatemia from the vomiting. (I now take Klonopin 1 mg at bedtime, and it prevents RLS extremely well.)

December 3, 2014 9:59 PM

Review by Celticherself:

I experienced Bladder Pain with Requip. I had a constant frequent urge to urinate. This is not the most common side effect of this medicine; it is listed as "Less Common." But after taking this I did have lasting bladder pain that did not go away after I stopped taking Requip.

December 1, 2014 12:34 PM

Review by boston 58 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I started using 1 mg and now up to 3 mg for restless legs syndrome about 7 years now.

November 23, 2014 8:41 PM

Review by Jerky Legs:

I have been on Requip for about 8 years now. My RLS is severe and I believe started as a child but became worse after childbearing. I take Requip 2-4mg at night. Guess what? I am out of town and forgot the Requip. It is 3am and I have not slept a wink. My sister has milder RLS, my grandfather had signs of it and then developed Parkinsons. I have seen signs in my daughter who is a teen and now have spoken to a cousin who also suffers. Thankfully my only side effect is sleepyness, because I do not know what I would do without my Requip.

November 8, 2014 4:50 AM

Review by Jamiegris:

Made me very sick at my stomach

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2014 5:45 AM

Review by peggylefev:

Did not help enough plus terrible side effects...

August 2, 2014 10:58 AM

Review by Btaylor7162:

I wasn't able to sleep hardly at all before taking this medicine, now I can sleep with no problems with my legs. So thankful

February 12, 2014 10:46 PM

Review by LisaDT:

I have severe restless legs syndrome and the only thing I have found that controls it is Requip. Couldn't survive without it.

January 20, 2014 9:34 PM

Review by eltell (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I am now in my 70's and have suffered restless legs all my adult life. My Doctor referred me to a neurologist 4 years ago who tried me on Ropinirole starting on a low dose of 1mg each night gradually building up to 5mg daily. It took me over a year to get over nausea and adjusting my dosage to get the desired result. I now take a 1mg tablet with each meal and 2 before bed making a total of 5mg daily and I no longer suffer from restless legs, totally gone! I have no side effects at all.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 31, 2013 9:44 AM

Review by Angie 646:

I am on 6mg of the 24hour release ropinirole and I think I've found the solution. I take 2mg in the afternoon then 4mg an hour before bed and after living with restless legs syndrome for 45 years driving me insane for many years I actually think I may have found the solution, highly recommended.

December 20, 2013 4:40 PM

Review by Britches54:

I'm on 4 mg of ropinrole and that use to be enough but lately it is not. I was told by my Doctor not to take anymore then 4 mg per day. But I can't take it the past two days I have taken 5mgs per day does anyone esle take more then 4 mg per day

November 4, 2013 2:50 PM

Review by furrville (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Best medicine for RLS EVER!!

October 23, 2013 9:43 AM

Review by kakeladi:

I have had restless legs for over 50 years. It started when I was expecting my 1st daughter. I was told it was common in pregnant women but mine has NEVER let up - in fact has gotten worst over the years. I tried drinking quinine water until that was banned, it helped some but not much. I also 'held up the wall' with stretching exercises. I started taking ropinirole about 10 yrs on the advice of another person who called herself 'the queen of restless legs', I was given 1mg and told I should start taking 1/2 pill per day, increasing it weekly until I got 'results' - that one could take as many as 8 pills per day! Well, the 1/2 pill worked just fine for several years - I now take 1 to 2 per day depending.

August 24, 2013 6:41 PM

Review by Dot/oz:

I have had restless legs syndrome for 5 years. I started Requip at 1mg now I am taking 2.5mg. I have had morning sickness everyday. Nothing else works. I am hoping the path will work. I am willing to try anything.

February 22, 2013 3:28 PM

Review by maceykay (taken for 1 to 6 months):

All night long one night my legs kept jumping up in the air till I couldn't sleep at keeping my husband up. So I got on Requip 0.25mg take 2 at bed time and I slept all night long, without jumping legs and if I had them I didn't know of them. So far as sleep it helps me also. This is the best thing for me and my legs.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2013 10:17 PM

Review by Sleepless in Dallas (taken for 10 years or more):

I have had restless legs syndrome for 30 years that I can remember. I have been on Requip for 15 years. Before it was approved for RLS. I was in a clinical trial for it then was able to get a script for it as it was approved for Parkinson's. RLS treatment varies on intensity of it. It only gets worse. I am up do 4 mg a day. The combination of what works is a moving target. I have tried it all. Requip is no longer helping me as it was. Once RLS starts I am screwed in to a night of living hell. I take Ambien to help but that is no longer helping.

February 16, 2013 11:47 PM

Review by Ed 1938:

I had shaky legs so bad and could not sleep. My primary care doctor prescribed Requip, but I had awful side effects on Requip.

January 13, 2013 9:16 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I have had restless legs syndrome for much longer than anyone knew what it was. I was a kid in the 70's getting in trouble for "squirming" at my desk. It tends to act up more with periods of activity. When my wife and I were dating, I was at the gym and riding a bike and I would wake up in the middle of the night and do stretches and anything to try and make the feeling go away. Recently, is has become unbearable again for some reason, it is ten years after the last bad period. I have tried Lyrica, which did not seem to help, Neurontin - which helped some but was wiping me out with tiredness and I just switched to Mirapex because I couldn't see that 1-2mg a night was doing anything but making me nauseous.

November 14, 2012 4:17 PM

Review by Ginaloo (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have been taking generic Requip (ropinerole) for about 9 months now for restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder. My doctor has gradually increased my dose from 0.75 mg a day to 2 mg. It has really helped my PLMD; it doesn't happen anymore. It also helps my RLS. However, my RLS had almost disappeared before I started taking Requip (when I gave up caffeine). The RLS came back when I started taking Requip for the PLMD. Overall, however, I think it has been worth it. I am on a still relatively small dose.

October 13, 2012 6:06 PM

Review by RogerLegDodger (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I take 0.75 mg at 6.00pm. This totally relieves restless legs syndrome for me. Side effects are mild but include profound sleepiness and mildly heightened libido (true!) which are somewhat self-defeating. Because Requip is a dopamine agonist it works alongside iron as a co-factor. Therefore, I need to minimise iron-depleting lifestyle factors as well as taking Requip. That means that I can only have de-caffeineated coffee and that I can't drink alcohol.

October 6, 2012 5:11 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I began taking Requip when it first came on the market for restless legs syndrome. My symptoms got better for about 6 months, then slowly got worse. As the dosage increased, so did the systems. What began as nightly leg twitching/aches, got so bad I began having anxiety attacks at night. It was very common for me to have an anxiety attack and end up getting up on the computer until about 3am until I couldn't keep my head up anymore (Getting up at 5am for work, I was a walking zombie). Also as the dosage increased, I began having symptoms while sitting at my desk at work and also experienced nightly vomiting/dry heaving. I became suicidal. After 6 yrs I switched to Mirapex. After 5 yrs I'm on minimal dosage with incredible results. I feel human again!

July 8, 2012 2:35 AM

I loved Requip the first 3 months with no side effects. I was on 0.5mg. Then I started to have anxiety attacks, emotional melt downs, fatigued muscles, hot flashes during night time and nausea. I stopped the medicine and all my problems went away unfortunately my RLS came back.

April 10, 2012 10:06 AM