User Reviews for Requip

Learn more about Requip.

Requip Review Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Restless Legs Syndrome.

Reviews for Requip to treat Restless Legs Syndrome

"I have severe RLS and have slept on the floor for 25 years because the hardness of the floor against the muscles in my legs give a some relief. I have been on Requip for about 4 months and take 2 mg about 1.5 hours before bed. The effectiveness is hit or miss. On a good night I fall asleep in about 30 minutes but wake up 3 to 5 hours later and toss and turn until the alarm goes off. On a bad night, I get about 2 hours of fitfull sleep and then my legs ACHE for the rest of the night. Requip causes my legs to swell and I have had to increase my blood pressure meds. Also it has given me some very interesting dreams. All in all it is better than nothing because nothing means NO sleep ever. I wish my Doc would give me something else."

H. Jeff July 28, 2015

"So far so good. I have mild RLS compared to others I think. For a long time I didn't know what I had and the doctor thought at first it was neuropathy in my feet. Tried some other meds for that (Cymbalta, Amitriptyline) both did not help with some side effects. I started the Requip at one pill .25mg for 2 days and it seemed to work well but with some pain still. Last night I increased to 2 pills at bedtime and pain pretty much gone. My doctor said to increase dose if I need more relief up to max of 2mg after appropriate waiting time. No side effects so far."

David BW (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2015

"I'm 34 and have had restless legs since I was a child. It's the most irritating thing. I do not get a good night's because of it and I practically always wake up in a bad mood. My doctor prescribed requip (generic) and was specific to tell me to gradually up the dose. I started with .25 mg last night and will again tonight, then .50 for the next week and another slight increase. I'm hoping that's what will help me avoid the sickness. Because once I read some of the reviews, I was pretty scared to take it. So...I took it last night and I slept better than I have in a long time. I could literally feel my body relax and I barely moved all night, which never happens! I woke up in a good mood, well rested and not groggy! I'm so thrilled!"

happylegs (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2015

"The very first night I started Requip, I vomited violently all night."

Rls in Ky July 2, 2015

"Ropinerol works for my jumpy legs, but I had to start taking it earlier and earlier. Now believe me side effects are real. I became reckless with money - my credit score dropped from 700s to 500s. I started to gamble so bad I would gather all the change in the house just to be able to play the slots. I would gamble instead of paying the mortgage."

KICKIN LEGS (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 13, 2015

"I started Requip 1 mg at bedtime. It worked great for 3-4 months. My Dr increased the dosage so I now take 3 mg at bedtime. Again, it worked great for a few months, and then the symptoms reappeared. The Requip is better than nothing, but I was up pacing the floors when I should have been sleeping. My husband suggested acupuncture, and that has made a huge difference. I take the Requip 3 mg with 3 saltines to prevent nausea and vomiting. I have an acupuncture treatment every 2 weeks, and no problems when I go to bed."

JanNurse (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2015

"Requip stopped the restless legs, but caused severe insomnia for me which defeated the purpose for taking it"

shepherdjory March 10, 2015

"I have had restless legs syndrome for 20 years or so now. I have been taking Requip for almost the entire time it was diagnosed and I have a severe case. In the past few months, I have experienced some nausea, dizziness, pain and tiredness after my first dose in the morning. I did not realize this could be a side-effect of the medication. I take 4mg. 3Xday, if I did not, I would never sleep, sit through a movie or be able to focus on work. I will put up with the side-effects."

rainysundae February 28, 2015

"Let me first start by saying that Requip did work very well to control my restless legs syndrome. (I have terrible uncontrollable leg movement/pain). However the side effects of the HIGHER dosage made me very sick. Approximately one hour before bedtime I had taken the pill. I began to feel extremely nauseous, excruciating stomach cramps, chills, and my head started spinning. I could barely make it to the bathroom where I immediately threw up. I found relief soon thereafter from the side effects. I continued having a mild stomach ache about 4 hours later. Requip should definitely be taken by the smaller dosage at first. Then move up gradually when you feel that the dosage isn't covering all your pains. I take Requip daily and have for 10 years for my RLS. Feel better!"

blake0123 February 21, 2015

"It works great for Restless Legs Syndrome. I can finally sleep at night. I'm 41 and the first time I experienced RLS, I was 8. I could just do without the side effects. I'm on 2mg and I think if it was upped, my side effects would worsen. I feel sick to my stomach. I vomit at times. I've had hallucinations. It makes me feel like my blood sugar is dropping, but it's not. Just makes my body not feel right. Thinking about finding something else without these side effects."

DrmzRWkd (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 15, 2015

"My restless legs syndrome has become really annoying in the past few months. I was on Gabapentin which seemed to help but it started to become less effective so the Dr switched to Requip. On my first night, I felt sick and had flu like symptoms. The next day I took it early and immediately felt sick and started to throw up and felt chills and then felt hot. This medicine did absolutely nothing for me besides make me sick."

ShortyG January 21, 2015

"I don't know what I would do without the drug requip.I reckon I never would sleep at all. I give it a 10"

chevy2 (taken for 10 years or more) December 21, 2014

"I've have an extreme case; it starts in my legs and finds it's way to the arms and everywhere else. I've spent more nights than I care to remember screaming into my pillow. Requip completely quiets the syndrome - 100%. But...then I spend the next two hours wishing I hadn't taken it, due to the endless projectile vomiting. I cannot take it, as I had developed hypophosphatemia from the vomiting. (I now take Klonopin 1 mg at bedtime, and it prevents RLS extremely well.)"

Steady Stan (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2014

"I experienced Bladder Pain with Requip. I had a constant frequent urge to urinate. This is not the most common side effect of this medicine; it is listed as "Less Common." But after taking this I did have lasting bladder pain that did not go away after I stopped taking Requip."

Celticherself December 1, 2014

"I started using 1 mg and now up to 3 mg for restless legs syndrome about 7 years now."

boston 58 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 23, 2014

"I have been on Requip for about 8 years now. My RLS is severe and I believe started as a child but became worse after childbearing. I take Requip 2-4mg at night. Guess what? I am out of town and forgot the Requip. It is 3am and I have not slept a wink. My sister has milder RLS, my grandfather had signs of it and then developed Parkinsons. I have seen signs in my daughter who is a teen and now have spoken to a cousin who also suffers. Thankfully my only side effect is sleepyness, because I do not know what I would do without my Requip."

Jerky Legs November 8, 2014

"Made me very sick at my stomach"

Jamiegris October 26, 2014

"Did not help enough plus terrible side effects..."

peggylefev August 2, 2014

"I wasn't able to sleep hardly at all before taking this medicine, now I can sleep with no problems with my legs. So thankful"

Btaylor7162 February 12, 2014

"I have severe restless legs syndrome and the only thing I have found that controls it is Requip. Couldn't survive without it."

LisaDT January 20, 2014

"I am now in my 70's and have suffered restless legs all my adult life. My Doctor referred me to a neurologist 4 years ago who tried me on Ropinirole starting on a low dose of 1mg each night gradually building up to 5mg daily. It took me over a year to get over nausea and adjusting my dosage to get the desired result. I now take a 1mg tablet with each meal and 2 before bed making a total of 5mg daily and I no longer suffer from restless legs, totally gone! I have no side effects at all. "

eltell (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 31, 2013

"I am on 6mg of the 24hour release ropinirole and I think I've found the solution. I take 2mg in the afternoon then 4mg an hour before bed and after living with restless legs syndrome for 45 years driving me insane for many years I actually think I may have found the solution, highly recommended."

Angie 646 December 20, 2013

"I'm on 4 mg of ropinrole and that use to be enough but lately it is not. I was told by my Doctor not to take anymore then 4 mg per day. But I can't take it the past two days I have taken 5mgs per day does anyone esle take more then 4 mg per day"

Britches54 November 4, 2013

"Best medicine for RLS EVER!!"

furrville (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 23, 2013

"I have had restless legs for over 50 years. It started when I was expecting my 1st daughter. I was told it was common in pregnant women but mine has NEVER let up - in fact has gotten worst over the years. I tried drinking quinine water until that was banned, it helped some but not much. I also 'held up the wall' with stretching exercises. I started taking ropinirole about 10 yrs on the advice of another person who called herself 'the queen of restless legs', I was given 1mg and told I should start taking 1/2 pill per day, increasing it weekly until I got 'results' - that one could take as many as 8 pills per day! Well, the 1/2 pill worked just fine for several years - I now take 1 to 2 per day depending."

kakeladi August 24, 2013