Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Rivastigmine

Also known as: Exelon

Learn more about Rivastigmine.

Alzheimer's Disease 7 reviews 26 medications

7.6
Parkinson's Disease 2 reviews 47 medications

4.5
Lewy Body Dementia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Rivastigmine reviews 9 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Rivastigmine

Review by normasims (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Exelon (rivastigmine) for Parkinson's Disease: My husband has Parkinson's dementia and was put on Exelon patch 4 months ago. He has psoriasis and the patch (we think) may have triggered it to be worse. He does not want to stop the patch because of the good mental alertness he receives from it but the rash has become more widespread on his upper torso. Doctor does not believe it is Exelon but I have begun to remove the patch after 12 hours and the rash has improved. I believe the dose may be too high and causes the dermatitis. Overall it is a good medicine.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 18, 2014 6:00 PM

Review by xeon:

Exelon (rivastigmine) for Alzheimer's Disease: My father has been on the patch now about 2 1/2 months for Alzheimer's dementia. He stepped up to the 13.3 mg about 2 weeks ago and the patches don't want to stay on. Nurse asked if they could use skin prep before the application; but Novartis helpline didn't answer that question. They are going to check out the lot the patches came from to be sure it's not a manufacturer issue.

June 5, 2013 10:31 AM

Review by THEcondor:

Exelon (rivastigmine) for Alzheimer's Disease: I am 71 and my mom died at 91 after a long decline into total dementia, though not Alzheimer's. When she was given Exelon, she became quite difficult and insulting, so we took her off. I was experiencing initial stages of decline at the time and so I tried her remaining patches for 10 days, at 4mg strength. I immediately felt an improvement in clarity and motivation, but I am under heavy blood pressure medicines and so still did not have the ability to do all I wanted. After 10 days I stopped the patches and quickly went back to my somewhat confused and listless situation. Three months later I got a prescription and began using the patches again with the significant improvement. But a 9.5 dose makes me aggressive. Problem is the price.

April 17, 2012 1:06 PM

For Alzheimer's Disease: My husband has had seven months of extra added quality of life following the Rivastigmine patch was prescribed back in March. Unfortunately the effect appears to have been lost over the past six weeks. I am now waiting for advice on how to discontinue the use of the patch and fear the return of confusion, restlessness, agitation due to awareness of the memory problem.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 31, 2011 2:11 PM

Exelon (rivastigmine) for Parkinson's Disease: My mother has been on this medication for 2 1/2 weeks. With each day she has become more and more agitated, confused, confrontational, and delusional. I am taking her off of it. It may be that this medicine is better suited for Alzheimer's patients than Parkinson's patients.

January 12, 2011 5:11 PM

Exelon (rivastigmine) for Alzheimer's Disease: Helped my dad with this patch. He was less agitated, better behaved and was able to do more for himself.

February 21, 2010 8:55 PM

Review by alicas:

For Alzheimer's Disease: Besides nausea this has improved my mothers life 500 percent..overall improvement wonderful.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2009 12:36 AM

Exelon (rivastigmine) for Alzheimer's Disease: My mum had quite a few side effects.

November 21, 2008 10:56 AM

Exelon (rivastigmine) for Alzheimer's Disease: I've only been using this medication (patch) for a month but the positive effects it has had on me are spectacular.It has eased my discomfort and confusion. I have experienced no side effects at all.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2008 6:53 AM