User Reviews for Rivaroxaban

Also known as: Xarelto

Learn more about Rivaroxaban.

Rivaroxaban Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation.

Reviews for Rivaroxaban to treat Atrial Fibrillation

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): "I have terrible headaches after 2 weeks. Some are so bad I vomit and have vertigo. Other days I will have head pain for 12 hours or more. At least 3 headaches a week now."

A M T February 7, 2016

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): "In my case, I believe that Xarelto keeps any injury from healing in a timely manner. A scratch that would normally disappear in a week or two lasts months for healing. It worries me even though several doctors from different specialities have said there is no connection here."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 13, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): "Xarelto probably saved my life from a stroke with a fib. I feel great on a high dose....I adjusted well and feel better than before I started it. I don't fear a stroke anymore with Xarelto."

Skyrae November 19, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): "Bruising is common. I have lower back soreness and right leg hip area pain. Some leg weakness in the afternoon and evening. No reason to stop the medication in my opinion. I have had kyphoplasty and gall bladder surgery, and the medication was stopped temporarily for both. No adverse reactions."

OldRN56 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 29, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): "I have had no major adverse effects from taking Xarelto. However, it seems that since starting this, the back of my lower neck itches all the time. I have scrubbed my neck, I have no rash or appearance of anything unusual, just the itch. Wonder if this medicine could cause this. I believe I ran across an article of someone complaining of the same condition but I don't know where I saw it."

phyllis23 October 31, 2014

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): "Since taking Xarelto I have had 3-4 vivid dreams/nightmares per night that were very work specific-strenuous and exhausting (not frightening) and I awaken in the morning exhausted from all the effort put forth in the dreams."

MLSW (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2013

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): "Some itching with this but so glad not to go for blood work and to be able to eat whatever I want. Cardiologist put me on this in January as I was on warfarin since Dec 26. This doc does ablations for Atrial fibrillation (and teaches fellows also) and this is what he wanted me to take. Little bruising, minor bleeding when brushing, nothing significant. I also take amiodarone for the Atrial fibrillaiton."

forno mama June 29, 2013

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): "I missed two doses of Xarelto and had a Mini stroke which doctors say came as a result of the missed doses. You must take this medicine every day. It does not build up in your system over time."

Eniarter (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2013

198 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): "Have been on Xarelto for 9 months.. no real adverse effects.. only confusing thing is I do not bleed when cut.. or bruise when bumped.. I have asked the mfg so many times to explain this.. and no one answers me.. my INR is a (1). When I ask my Doctor, he tells me don't worry it's working."

Norbec (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2013

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): "Moderate to severe pain in my upper stomach every night, and also after various meals."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 31, 2012

179 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate