User Reviews for Riluzole

Also known as: Rilutek

Learn more about Riluzole.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 3 reviews 13 medications

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Riluzole reviews 3 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Riluzole

Review by ocd2028: User Rating:

riluzole for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: This medicine really helps.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 13, 2013 11:41 AM
Review by BPDmeetsOCD: User Rating:

riluzole for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have not been on the medicine for long enough to truly know what kind of difference it is going to make on my life. So far I am almost completely pleased with the results. One of the major consequences of my particular type of OCD is that is isolation and avoidance. On Rilutek I'm more willing to confront my fears/phobias/triggers and generally I seem to be less stressed in those situations. My mind also seems to work better in that the thing I'm afraid of does not seem so real. Rilutek is an add on to my other prescription medicines. In the last year I have made more progress with medication than I have in the previous 4 together.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 8, 2012 12:06 AM
Review by AJsMomPA: User Rating:

Rilutek (riluzole) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: My son, now 19, started riluzole as part of a small double-blind NIH trial 2 years ago. He has Autism, OCD, mood disorder, tics and ADHD. This medication is extremely helpful in easing the overwhelming obsessive thoughts and compulsions that interfere with his ability to function. No side-effects. I fight to renew insurance coverage each year for this off-label use and twice he ran out of this medicine temporarily and we immediately noticed a change in his behavior. He is off anti-depressants and ADHD medicines (Zoloft & Concerta) and is now on lamotrigine for tics and mood stabilization. A great combination. His functional ability assessments (IQ) went from mild retardation into a 'normal' range. His communication skills improved dramatically.

January 20, 2012 7:55 AM

Learn how medication, diet, and exercise are key to managing Multiple Sclerosis. Click Here