User Reviews for Zantac 150

Learn more about Zantac 150.

Zantac 150 Review Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 145 medications used in the treatment of GERD.

Reviews for Zantac 150 to treat GERD

"I had bad, wheezy coughing and doctors thought it might be COPD. Then, on a hunch, my great doctor thought the coughing might be due to my GERD so she suggested Zantac150 twice a day. What a difference! I still need an inhaler, but my cough is otherwise gone...and it was REALLY bad for months (even with inhalers). Been on Zantac for about 2 weeks - no discernible side effects."

McRocket (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2015

"I am taking prescription Zantac 150 and not sure if there's a difference to the over the counter one but I love this medication. I had missed a week of work from throwing up every little thing even a sip of water and would be stuck there for over 30 minutes and had previously been sick almost every morning and occasionally during the day but always felt nausea and heartburn. Have taken Zantac 150 with prescription meclizine 25 mg and was feeling better the next day. I still get sick from time to time and feel like I lose a weeks worth of food but isn't everyday and nausea and heartburn got less aggressive. Haven't had any side effects. Totally recommend to anyone having stomach issues."

katlover (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2014

"Tired of taking Tums all the time with its limited efficacy and horrible aftertaste even hours later. I tried Zantac 150 over the counter. It takes longer to work than Rolaids or Tums or similar, about 30-60 minutes, but when it kicks in, it is as if the GERD or Heartburn never existed, it is great."

W4phm (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2013

"I have Extreme Acid Reflux for about 2 years now, I wake up in the early mornings feeling extremely nauseous like I'm one second from throwing up, every single day. I also go to bed every night with burning acid coming up into the back of my throat, making my throat sore, like I swallowed glass every day. I get this feeling constantly, sour stomach & nauseous 24/7. It's horrible & made me miserable! I would eat "Tums 1000" by the bulk bottles, they worked in the beginning but then stopped working. I was in Meijers one day looking for something else for my sour nauseous stomach & they had "Zantac 150" 65 count bottle on sale for $9.99. So I reluctantly bought them and to my amaze they actually did work. Completely took it away!"

Bonzoe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 31, 2013

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Best medicine by far."

SCrawford42 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2013

"Been using this now, doctor recommended last 3 months. I like the 150mg cooling mint Zantac. I have exhausted all other options, I'm eating smaller healthier meals every 2-3 hours and added even more exercise to my exercise plan but still have the GERD. I take this usually right after my dinner and right before bed if needed. It works wonders. During the day, I take ONE 20mg famotidine (Pepcid AC) usually in between my breakfast and lunch at work and that gets me through until after dinner."

SKET (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2013

"I have tried all of the proton pump inhibitors and had some reaction to each of them. Nexium worked well, but it is WAY expensive. Generic Prilosec (Omeprazole) was hit or miss. It actually gave me heart palpitations, so no more of that. Doc recommended I try Zantac 150 and it seems to work pretty good. I notice that it doesn't last 24 hours, so he recommended that I take 1 twice a day as needed. Have not noticed any side effects as of yet, so working pretty good."

Clevelander (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2012

"Really helped to control my GERD symptoms."

Anonymous January 13, 2011

"I love this medicine. I have the worst acid reflux, indigestion and nothing ever works. I've used so many other things but the only thing I have found that actually works is Zantac 150. I call it my miracle pill."

Anonymous May 29, 2009

"I was put on this a long time ago. It says it has an interaction with the absorption of Cymbalta but I really haven't had that problem that I know of. I have been told to take one in the morning and one in the evening because my GERD is horrible. My son had to start taking them before bed each night for the same reason. I think his could be worse. He was told to start taking them when he was 11 he is now 18. I give Zantac 150 a grade of 120%. It works."

Emmaann March 14, 2009

"I didn't get heartburn all day but I did feel weak and light headed all morning."

heartburnhotel February 23, 2009