User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 158 reviews 46 medications

7.8
Schizophrenia 10 reviews 37 medications

7.1
Schizoaffective Disorder 21 reviews 28 medications

6.9
Summary of Seroquel reviews 189 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Seroquel

For Bipolar Disorder "I was given 25mg once a day in conjunction with Lamictal. I started hallucinating about a day in. Stopped taking it 4 days later after severe hallucinations."

Anonymous December 11, 2010

For Insomnia "This medicine has changed my life. On for 2 months now. Almost didn't try because of bad postings. 46 y.o. male with lifetime insomnia, worse the last 8 years. Off and on sleeping pills and self medicating daily with alcohol was destroying my marriage and life. Sleep 7 hrs every night without fail now. A little slow to get going first thing in the morning but otherwise feel like I'm 20 again. Taking 200mg at bedtime. Zero weight gain. Just had bloods. Cholesterol 140, Triglycerides 53, glucose 79. I work out daily, eat extremely healthy, take no other medicines, and have had no alcohol for 2 months with zero desire for it."

Anonymous December 3, 2010

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia "I have had insomnia since I recovered from an Adderall addiction, then used alcohol to self-medicate. Not sleeping makes me frantic. My psychiatrist prescribed Seroquel 150 mg, which I have been using for 3 years and it works perfectly. Takes effect in less than an hour, during which I read quietly in bed, and I have no issues in the morning, nor have I experienced any hunger. Like others have said, without it I do not sleep, so I have to make sure it is always available. I have had no need or desire to increase the dose."

Anonymous November 27, 2010

For Insomnia "I had not slept in over two years when I finally found Seroquel, my savior! I sleep so great but I have had to increase the amount I take ever so often. Taking 300mg now."

SitaBug November 27, 2010

For Depression "I've been taking Seroquel (100mgs) for 2 months now. It's been great. I've had treatment resistant depression for years and have taken every antidepressant on the market with little to no help. I was running out of energy and time. After trying Abilify (bad akathesia), Lamictal (still taking), we tried Seroquel and within a 2 week period I was back in life. What a wonderful gift. I'm very thankful. Also, I've had refractory insomnia that has been alleviated as well."

Anonymous November 26, 2010

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "After trying nearly every SSRI on the market I was placed on Pristiq, which improved my condition somewhat, but still left me dependent on Xanax to alleviate my daily anxiety. After a particularly bad stretch I was also placed on Seroquel XR. It has helped more than I could have ever hoped for. I finally don't have to reach for a Xanax as soon as I wake up. It was very sedating for the first week after I started, and after increasing my dosage, but this has lessened with time. I do make sure to take it before bed, as it does make me tired as it kicks in, but I welcome this due to my problems with insomnia."

Anonymous November 26, 2010

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder "This medication is adequate compared to others in its class, despite it still causing significant side effects such as weight gain (which is very undesirable). At first, this medicine seemed very strong and made me 'zombie-like' (e.g. slow, unemotional, sleepy) but after a couple of days these were significantly improved. I was on a dose of up to 75mg, and as far as the effects of each individual dose; 25mg help with sleep and 'anger management', 50mg increased my hunger (a lot) and 75mg helped a little more with anxiety and emotional stability."

Anonymous November 18, 2010

For Borderline Personality Disorder "I am 4 weeks in to taking 25mg of Seroquel and I noticed the difference almost straight away. I can think so much better because my anxiety is reduced enough for me to think in straight lines again. I am no where near as paranoid and a bit less dissociative too which is all really good. I was also prescribed Cymbalta for depression but have just ditched that because I was too fearless and suicidal on it. Whilst Seroquel is not touching my depression, I noticed that after taking it I felt that I gained a degree of self-control back which helped me to start to use basic life skills that I have learnt, which help me to deal with some of the BPD approaches to life's problems. Seriously, I find Seroquel even at the low dose to be excellent."

Anonymous November 11, 2010

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel has been a God send for me. It stabilized my moods and stopped my "extra thoughts" or "popcorn brain". I take 600mg at bedtime and my psychiatrist has allowed me to take an additional 100mg if my mood gets ramped up. I do get side effects from it like blurred vision and restless legs. About an hour after taking Seroquel the restless legs subside and I am sleepy enough to get a good night's sleep. I am prescribed benztropine (Cogentin) for the restless legs and it helps some. After I take my medicine I do not drive until the next day as there is risk of an accident and getting a DUI. I did have a rapid weight gain of about 40 pounds but I would rather be over weight and functioning and not hospitalized."

Living again! October 21, 2010

For Insomnia "I have been on Seroquel 150mg since the age of 13. I have had sleeping problems since the 4th grade. I am now 20 yrs old. Without my Seroquel, I'll go weeks without sleep. But with it, once I take it, about an hour later, I'm fast asleep! I DO NOT know what I would do without it. The only bad thing I can honestly say, I have gained 100 lbs from taking Seroquel. Mostly to the hunger feelings it causes right before I'll fall asleep. I would very much rather be a large girl who can sleep than a skinny girl who never sleeps. I would recommend Seroquel to anyone, as long as you aren't someone who has a problem with some weight gain."

LouisianaGal October 14, 2010

For Bipolar Disorder "Taking for 2 years. Only side effect is dry mouth but this can be handled as long as you TAKE it with a full glass of water. I now sleep. Being bipolar I was up 4 days at a time. Seroquel gave me my life back. I hope it continues to work for me. Gained maybe few pounds. That's it."

bipolar girl October 13, 2010

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was 17 I'm now 19. I was on Seroquel for about six months and it did improve my episodes to be a lot less frequent. It was a God send in that area, but the side effects were horrible. I gained about 55lbs in five months. I went from a size 4 to a size 12 in a very short amount of time, I became very depressed, I spoke with my doctor and stopped taking it, and I%u2019m doing fine. I have not had any episodes since June 2009 and the weight is coming off very easy. I just exercise three times a week. Overall I rate this medication with a 6 just because of the side effects."

jkq September 25, 2010

For Schizophrenia "Seroquel was a God send for me. I've been on it for 7 years and its the best medication I've been on for hallucinations and the voices I heard on a daily basis. It does however make me extremely tired so I take it half hour before I go to bed. I did get a little weight gain but I would rather have weight gain than hearing voices and seeing things any day. Amazing medication."

Anonymous September 24, 2010

For Insomnia "I am a 52 year old female who had sleep issues for many years. I've been taking 75 mg of Seroquel about an hour before bedtime for years. I sleep well and do not feel groggy in the morning. My only concern is that if I don't have it either because I forgot or didn't return home for some reason, I really don't sleep much. It is not suppose to be addictive but I think I am at this point, even if just mentally."

Anonymous September 14, 2010

For Insomnia "My Doctor prescribed Seroquel for my insomnia, which I began experiencing during menopause. The Seroquel, 50 mg works like a charm. If I take it on an empty stomach, I feel sleepy within 1/2 hour, and sleep very well through the night. Dreams are more vivid, I agree. I also agree that I often feel hungry before I fall asleep, after taking Seroquel. All in all, it has been very helpful."

Anonymous September 11, 2010

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been diagnosed with bipolar type 1 for 7 months now and have been taking Seroquel along with another drug. I take 300mg twice a day of Seroquel and find it extremely wonderful. I find it keeps my manic and psychotic symptoms at bay, however they're not totally eradicated but minimal, and helps with my insomnia very much. For me I've only found that it made me drowsy for the first 2 weeks of taking it, some dizziness and it gives me dry mouth enough to be irritating but manageable. As for the eating I haven't noticed any real big change I've kept a stable weight and even lost some (healthily) when I do get munchies for sweets or otherwise I just have crackers or some fruits and veggies around and try to keep a balanced eating scheme."

lissie87 September 1, 2010

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Just started taking medication, 50mg the first really good nights sleep in a long time. I have been reading about all of the side effects and am concerned as I am taking some of the medicines that counteract with this medicine and it seems all the side effects that are listed are the ones I'm trying to get rid of. It's worth a try, will let you know how it turns out."

Tori1 August 28, 2010

For Bipolar Disorder "I just started Seroquel at 100mgs at night. Of course it makes me sleepy but it wears off if I wait a couple of hours. That's when I tend to eat. The only thing is I don't eat junk food but Bison which is low fat on a whole wheat bun. I too am in need of needing to lose weight. I am 205lbs right now and would like to get to 180 at the least. I don't have a lot to offer because only been taking it three days. I take 300mgs Lamictal, 300mgs Wellbutrin. The thing that gives me anxiety is the fact I look into the future and with no wife or parents."

Detroit36 August 26, 2010

For Insomnia "I have had insomnia for almost 30 years, since puberty. Having a child made it worse. Diagnosed with Hypomania, which explained why I woke up and started having racing thoughts once the sun went down. Tried every sleeping pill there, in combination at times. This is the only thing that worked. I am doing 50mg with 4mg clonazepam 2 hours before bed. I take it on an empty stomach as I have learned within an hour of taking it you will get HUNGRY. So I simply eat my dinner late. Have not gained weight yet."

Anonymous August 6, 2010

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "This drug did not work for me. The sedating effects were almost more than I could handle, and I constantly had the feeling of being "underwater" as I tried to talk and communicate with those around me. It worked on my symptoms a little bit, but not enough to make up for the weirdness I felt from the side effects. I was on a dose of 300mg 4x a day so I don't know if that would produce worse side effects or not."

Anonymous July 2, 2010

For Bipolar Disorder "Was taking 175 mg of Seroquel to sleep - experimenting with dosage. Felt overtired and crusty. Weaned down to 100mg, then 75 at nighttime. Active adult male who works out regularly, eats well, but gets agitated. Any less than 75 mg mental mania slowly starts back-unpleasant. Would like to not take but the doctor wants me to substitute Lithium. No change with hair loss and diabetes as side effects. "

kilnburner June 8, 2010

For Insomnia "My husband was perscirbed this medicine to help him sleep. He is a combat veteran..(need I say more about sleeping). The medicine worked okay, but it caused his Trigycerides to sky rocket."

brossi228 May 24, 2010

"Our mom has been on Seroquel for just over a year. She was diagnosed with Sundowner Syndrome and hallucinates, becomes very fearful and afraid. This has helped a great deal. We have had to increase the dosage on few times. It has never made her sleepy however when she does go to sleep she gets good rest."

Anonymous May 17, 2010

For Bipolar Disorder "I have Bipolar type II and have been taking Seroquel for the past two years. It has helped a great deal by stabilizing my moods and providing me with a good night's sleep every night, no matter what. Each morning, I wake up feeling refreshed and in control of my day. Used to take 300mg a day, but now I only need 100mg, or 150-200mg on bad days. This was the only medicine that did not cause tremors or restless legs. I've been on Lamictal and Geodon which all caused tremors. It got rid of the angry hypomanic episodes. The 300mg caused only minimal weight gain (I gained more weight when I was on Lithium), and extra drowsiness in the mornings."

Anonymous May 12, 2010

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Caused excess morning sleep."

Anonymous May 11, 2010