User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 134 reviews 48 medications

7.7
Schizophrenia 7 reviews 36 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 17 reviews 28 medications

6.8
Summary of Seroquel reviews 158 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Seroquel

For Bipolar Disorder: I am a 49 yr old male - after a confusing and distressful life for myself and family at the age of 35yrs and a 3mth stay in hospital I was diagnosed as being bipolar. I have taken different medications over the last 14yrs (Seroquel, Tegretol, etc.) and after my most recent manic/depressive episode started taking Seroquel. I take 300mg at night and at present am quite stable with mood thoughts and sleep patterns though I do feel lethargic, drowsy and being on "auto pilot " during the day and suffer aching limbs. This however is a small price to pay for actually feeling like a normal part of society for the 1st time in my life.

March 31, 2010 6:20 PM

Review by raven38:

For Bipolar Disorder: I am taking Zopiclone 7.5 and Seroquel 25mg so I can sleep at night. I also take Clonazepam 2mg daily and Effexor XR 75mg. I have lost about 10kgs and still not feeling "normal" per say. I have tried various other combos but this is better than what I have been on. Sleeping without nightmares and even though I get tired during the day at least I'm not awake half the night.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2010 8:17 PM

For Insomnia: I have had chronic insomnia for over 25 years and have tried every sleeping pill, antidepressant, 4 sleep studies and nothing has worked. I decided to try 25 mg of Seroquel and am finally getting some good sleep! I have to keep good sleep habits to make sure I get the benefit of this medication though. I feel renewed!

February 25, 2010 6:04 PM

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: The side effects that most complain about are what I love most about this medication. I am a 5'9" male in the Army that had lost weight all the way down to 128 lbs and was sleeping 3-4 hours a night on average. I have been on Seroquel for 4 months. I weigh 165lbs now and sleep 8-9 hours a night

February 12, 2010 1:16 PM

Review by over 50 female:

For Insomnia: I too take it at night for insomnia and do get RLS sometimes. However if I go to bed within 1 hour after taking it, I don't get the RLS , I'm sleepy by then anyway. What I really like about this medication is when I do wake up during the night, I fall back to sleep within a few minutes. Only downside I've found is it's kind of hard to wake up in the morning sometimes. It also helps keep my moods steady during the day and I don't have as many anxiety episodes.

February 11, 2010 6:56 PM

For Borderline Personality Disorder: The first week was a little difficult for me. I was a total zombie the first few days. Once I got to my target dose of 300mg, things quickly evened out. I'm full of energy, I'm not as anxious or paranoid as I used to be, and I'm finally able to go to sleep and STAY asleep. Before I took Seroquel, I felt terrible. Like my life was just a dream, and that nothing and nobody, mattered at all to me. After taking Seroquel for just a week or two, I immediately felt real again. No more mood swings, no more crazy ideas of self harm, no more social problems! Seroquel has turned my life around. It might not work this well for a lot of people, but I sure hope it does.

February 6, 2010 6:33 PM

For Bipolar Disorder: This medication made me very aggresive, hostile and just plain angry. This is after only taking it for a week and a half too.

January 27, 2010 5:11 PM

Review by RaceOnly:

For Depression: I was prescribed to one Seroquel 25mg tablet at night for Manic Depression and insomnia. I couldn't be happier, my anxiety and depression was significantly reduced. My energy and mood dramatically improved. And I get great sleep every night and I wake up refreshed and ready to start my day. Also, lt gives me the most vivid, wonderful dreams of all time. Taking this along with therapy from a psychologist is highly recommended for a successful outcome.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2010 2:33 AM

Review by Realm277:

For Insomnia: I use it to sleep at night. Love it. Works like a charm, haven't noticed any side effects with the exception of having RLS every once in awhile.

January 10, 2010 1:03 AM

Review by 28yr old male:

For Depression: I have been taking Seroquel 100mg 3 times daily for several months now and it has not helped me in the least bit. This drug has many negative side effects since being on it I have been feeling extra anxiety, impatient, sore and stiff muscles especially the neck, back, fingers, hand, calves. I have also been having a lot of gas, nightmares are horrible, feel really irritable and often have headaches and jaw pain. The list goes on and if you are feeling this way trust me you are not alone.

January 5, 2010 10:29 AM

Review by deutsche:

For Depression: I can finally have days without flying off the handle! I would not want to do without it again. I can enjoy my family and my life!

December 16, 2009 2:21 PM

Review by deutsche:

For Insomnia: This medicine helps me sleep at night. I also take a lower dose during the day to control my anxiety. My family and friends know when I have not taken it...I get upset about everything.

December 16, 2009 1:58 PM

For Bipolar Disorder: I've experienced a slight increase in blood pressure, but no other side effects. I'm feeling more focused and energetic.

December 10, 2009 12:02 PM

Review by JJ7577:

For Bipolar Disorder: This is magic

December 6, 2009 7:39 PM

Review by jly*fd&wc:

For Insomnia: I was prescribed Seroquel as a "sleeping pill" for "insomnia". I recently found out that it is an antipsychotic drug, I felt betrayed. I did a rapid detox program and they put me on all these medicines when they released me, no wonder this pill didn't put me to sleep, I can stay up forever after I take it. The only way it helps me sleep is if I take one and a half pills, which is 150 mg, then it puts me to sleep within 30 minutes to an hour, however, my dose is only supposed to be 100 mg swallowed 2 hours before bedtime, but it takes way longer than two hours. I might never go to sleep if I only take one and swallow it rather than chewing it up!

December 1, 2009 4:17 AM

Review by CCTEK:

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: The reason I gave it an eight is not that it does a thing for my anxiety due too an MVA. I gave it an eight because I take two 25mg at night which helps me sleep.

November 25, 2009 6:30 PM

Review by bizzy:

For Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel worked for me during my rapid cycling last year and really chilled me out very quickly. Only bad thing to say about it is I found the level of sedation far too much, and it left me incredibly "plastic" the next day. Was a bit like a walking zombie, although it got me through the dangerous bit. Also meant as I have great trouble sleeping it helped that side out too, so all in all was very good for me. Came off all medicines 9 months ago. Now only on zopiclone for sleeping. So hopefully no matter how good it is, wont be back on it!

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 25, 2009 8:40 AM

Review by livingwBPD:

For Borderline Personality Disorder: I have noticed a decrease in BPD symptoms just days after taking this medication (25mg) - the reason why I gave it an 8 is because I can only take it at bedtime since it makes me very sleepy!

November 23, 2009 11:12 PM

Review by e-dog:

For Insomnia: I take Seroquel 200mg every night and it makes me want lots of cookies and donuts no lies. I love sweets now where before I hated sweets. My room-mate eats 100 mg and has to eat cookies and cereal as well. We are both fat thanks to Seroquel. At least I sleep by myself otherwise I would be kicking someone all night long, due to my crazy legs. Also have very vivid dreams. I wake up not knowing if I have hurt someone or done drugs.

November 15, 2009 11:23 PM

Review by own2kidz:

For Bipolar Disorder: A wonderful drug! I can sleep at night now. It also stopped my mood swings which were rapid cycling. I feel really good on it! Would highly recommend it!

November 15, 2009 12:32 AM

For Bipolar Disorder: It help me a lot and I can feel happy in myself for once in my life, being Bipolar and 24yrs. I take 600mg twice a day and it helps me when I sleep and throughout the day. I'm not moody any more.

November 4, 2009 6:44 PM

Review by testbunny:

For Depression: I was prescribed Seroquel 200mg doses along with Lexapro after a bad episode recently. I have been unable to work since and have found my dreams to be vivid and disturbing. This drug should not be taken lightly and I would recommend a second opinion from a medical professional before commencing a course. This drug will make you sleepy, so much so it can be difficult to continue with your employment, driving, development and maintenance of relationships between family and friends, nausea, dizziness, depletion of sex drive and the list continues. It can be helpful in many cases, but please make sure by second or even third opinion.

October 28, 2009 6:32 PM

For Insomnia: I have taken this medication in the past for insomnia and I admit it works great. If I take 25mg I'll go out and fast but it doesn't keep me asleep so I have to take 50mg or even more for it to last. I stopped taking it due to the weight gain, I read about it and Seroquel causes your blood sugar to drop which is the reason for the hunger - and the reason I only wanted cereal. That's the reason I stopped taking it but I am considering asking my doctor for it again because since stopping I have tried so many different sleep aids and nothing works. From Trazadone to Ambien to now Sonata - and nothing works so then I end up taking like 3 pills which I know cannot be good.

October 25, 2009 9:54 AM

Review by drossiusa:

Worked well except for the side effects...orthostatic hypotension caused me to faint, restless legs, and overeating.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 22, 2009 9:44 PM

Review by rparkday:

For Insomnia: I have found Seroquel to be an excellent option for individuals like myself who may have formed an addiction to the regularly prescribed sleep medicines. I have suffered with insomnia for over 30 years. On this medicine, I have experienced sleep without morning grogginess; however there have been severe muscle jerks of my legs - more severe than my regular restless leg syndrome which I have already been diagnosed. This side effect is why the medication is not rated at a higher level. But I would rather have the muscle jerks of my legs than to go through the drug detox process again.

October 18, 2009 4:28 PM