User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 130 reviews 48 medications

7.7
Schizoaffective Disorder 16 reviews 28 medications

Schizophrenia 7 reviews 36 medications

Summary of Seroquel reviews 153 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Seroquel

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: This medication made me very aggresive, hostile and just plain angry. This is after only taking it for a week and a half too.

January 27, 2010 5:11 PM
Review by RaceOnly: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: I was prescribed to one Seroquel 25mg tablet at night for Manic Depression and insomnia. I couldn't be happier, my anxiety and depression was significantly reduced. My energy and mood dramatically improved. And I get great sleep every night and I wake up refreshed and ready to start my day. Also, lt gives me the most vivid, wonderful dreams of all time. Taking this along with therapy from a psychologist is highly recommended for a successful outcome.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 22, 2010 2:33 AM
Review by Realm277: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I use it to sleep at night. Love it. Works like a charm, haven't noticed any side effects with the exception of having RLS every once in awhile.

January 10, 2010 1:03 AM
Review by 28yr old male: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: I have been taking Seroquel 100mg 3 times daily for several months now and it has not helped me in the least bit. This drug has many negative side effects since being on it I have been feeling extra anxiety, impatient, sore and stiff muscles especially the neck, back, fingers, hand, calves. I have also been having a lot of gas, nightmares are horrible, feel really irritable and often have headaches and jaw pain. The list goes on and if you are feeling this way trust me you are not alone.

January 5, 2010 10:29 AM
Review by deutsche: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: I can finally have days without flying off the handle! I would not want to do without it again. I can enjoy my family and my life!

December 16, 2009 2:21 PM
Review by deutsche: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: This medicine helps me sleep at night. I also take a lower dose during the day to control my anxiety. My family and friends know when I have not taken it...I get upset about everything.

December 16, 2009 1:58 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I've experienced a slight increase in blood pressure, but no other side effects. I'm feeling more focused and energetic.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 10, 2009 12:02 PM
Review by JJ7577: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: This is magic

December 6, 2009 7:39 PM
Review by jly*fd&wc: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I was prescribed Seroquel as a "sleeping pill" for "insomnia". I recently found out that it is an antipsychotic drug, I felt betrayed. I did a rapid detox program and they put me on all these medicines when they released me, no wonder this pill didn't put me to sleep, I can stay up forever after I take it. The only way it helps me sleep is if I take one and a half pills, which is 150 mg, then it puts me to sleep within 30 minutes to an hour, however, my dose is only supposed to be 100 mg swallowed 2 hours before bedtime, but it takes way longer than two hours. I might never go to sleep if I only take one and swallow it rather than chewing it up!

December 1, 2009 4:17 AM
Review by CCTEK: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: The reason I gave it an eight is not that it does a thing for my anxiety due too an MVA. I gave it an eight because I take two 25mg at night which helps me sleep.

November 25, 2009 6:30 PM
Review by bizzy: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel worked for me during my rapid cycling last year and really chilled me out very quickly. Only bad thing to say about it is I found the level of sedation far too much, and it left me incredibly "plastic" the next day. Was a bit like a walking zombie, although it got me through the dangerous bit. Also meant as I have great trouble sleeping it helped that side out too, so all in all was very good for me. Came off all medicines 9 months ago. Now only on zopiclone for sleeping. So hopefully no matter how good it is, wont be back on it!

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 25, 2009 8:40 AM
Review by livingwBPD: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Borderline Personality Disorder: I have noticed a decrease in BPD symptoms just days after taking this medication (25mg) - the reason why I gave it an 8 is because I can only take it at bedtime since it makes me very sleepy!

November 23, 2009 11:12 PM
Review by e-dog: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I take Seroquel 200mg every night and it makes me want lots of cookies and donuts no lies. I love sweets now where before I hated sweets. My room-mate eats 100 mg and has to eat cookies and cereal as well. We are both fat thanks to Seroquel. At least I sleep by myself otherwise I would be kicking someone all night long, due to my crazy legs. Also have very vivid dreams. I wake up not knowing if I have hurt someone or done drugs.

November 15, 2009 11:23 PM
Review by own2kidz: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: A wonderful drug! I can sleep at night now. It also stopped my mood swings which were rapid cycling. I feel really good on it! Would highly recommend it!

November 15, 2009 12:32 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: It help me a lot and I can feel happy in myself for once in my life, being Bipolar and 24yrs. I take 600mg twice a day and it helps me when I sleep and throughout the day. I'm not moody any more.

November 4, 2009 6:44 PM
Review by testbunny: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: I was prescribed Seroquel 200mg doses along with Lexapro after a bad episode recently. I have been unable to work since and have found my dreams to be vivid and disturbing. This drug should not be taken lightly and I would recommend a second opinion from a medical professional before commencing a course. This drug will make you sleepy, so much so it can be difficult to continue with your employment, driving, development and maintenance of relationships between family and friends, nausea, dizziness, depletion of sex drive and the list continues. It can be helpful in many cases, but please make sure by second or even third opinion.

October 28, 2009 6:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I have taken this medication in the past for insomnia and I admit it works great. If I take 25mg I'll go out and fast but it doesn't keep me asleep so I have to take 50mg or even more for it to last. I stopped taking it due to the weight gain, I read about it and Seroquel causes your blood sugar to drop which is the reason for the hunger - and the reason I only wanted cereal. That's the reason I stopped taking it but I am considering asking my doctor for it again because since stopping I have tried so many different sleep aids and nothing works. From Trazadone to Ambien to now Sonata - and nothing works so then I end up taking like 3 pills which I know cannot be good.

October 25, 2009 9:54 AM
Review by drossiusa: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine): Worked well except for the side effects...orthostatic hypotension caused me to faint, restless legs, and overeating.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 22, 2009 9:44 PM
Review by rparkday: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I have found Seroquel to be an excellent option for individuals like myself who may have formed an addiction to the regularly prescribed sleep medicines. I have suffered with insomnia for over 30 years. On this medicine, I have experienced sleep without morning grogginess; however there have been severe muscle jerks of my legs - more severe than my regular restless leg syndrome which I have already been diagnosed. This side effect is why the medication is not rated at a higher level. But I would rather have the muscle jerks of my legs than to go through the drug detox process again.

October 18, 2009 4:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I take a dose of 600mg at 8 or 9pm and am in bed by 10pm and wake up feeling refreshed. This has been the only thing other than Restoril that has helped me sleep. There is sometimes I have high stress and have to take a sedative to help me sleep. The weird thing is if I take it at 10pm I fall asleep by 2am.

October 13, 2009 7:53 PM
Review by Babe77: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I am 53 years old and was put on this drug just over a year ago. I was diagnosed with severe bipolar disorder 13 years ago, I new something was wrong with me when I was 17 but bipolar was not really to known back then. This drug is by far the best thing I have taken ever. Don't worry about the weight gain after a year it will go away, it is a small price to pay for sanity. Everyone will get the munchies from this I eat grapes at night they do the trick have some in a bowl by your bedside this will help keep the weight gain down. Stay away from ice cream and eat yogurt with preserves in it or just fruit when you get the munchies 1 hour after taking it. I also take temazepam at night 100mg.

October 13, 2009 2:01 PM
Review by sadnlonely:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I have been depressed most of my life. I have tried several medicines over the years, even tried not taking medicines. Racing thoughts of suicide, worthlessness, irritability, crying spells led me back to taking medicines. I started taking Seroquel about a month ago and take 25mg at night. It has helped me sleep and I have not experienced any side effects, yet. I have noticed feeling better during the day, not as many inappropriate thoughts as before, hardly any crying spells. I'm looking forward to enjoying life again, right now I take one day at a time and can make it through the workday - mostly happily.

October 11, 2009 12:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I am recovering from an opiate addiction, and was prescribed Seroquel for sleeplessness (due to it not being a habit forming drug). It has been very effective for me, however I must take it, or cannot sleep.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 10, 2009 8:43 PM
Review by DeLynn: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I have been on Seroquel 300mg for over 5 years. I suffer from bipolar disorder, with this you don't sleep. Also am a recovering drug addict, due to pain from back surgery. If I didn't have this medicine I don't think I could live. This drug is taken with other medicines.

October 8, 2009 11:50 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: As a bipolar teen this is the only drug that has helped me to have a regular sleep pattern.

October 6, 2009 10:44 PM