User Reviews for Seroquel (Page 9)

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 189 reviews 33 medications

7.5
Schizophrenia 12 reviews 41 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 23 reviews 28 medications

6.8
Summary of Seroquel reviews 224 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Seroquel

For Insomnia "I started this medicine after my 3rd child and severe post-partum psychosis followed brought on my insomnia. My hormones were so whack, that I literally didn't sleep for about 2 months. I was hallucinating and everything. My baby was great, but I just didn't sleep. I tried Benadryl, Ambien, anti-depressants. Long story short, I ended up in a behavior unit and the doctors saved my life with Seroquel for sleep. They gave me 300mg of Seroquel, Risperdal and 1mg of Klonopin for about 4 days. I felt like a new person! I slept all 4 days and felt normal again. I weaned off everything except Seroquel and take between 100 and 125mg every night. I hate having to take it, but I feel so good everyday from having slept 7-8hrs the night before."

Anonymous August 23, 2011

For Depression "I was diagnosed with mild bipolar disorder, depression, post traumatic stress disorder, generalized anxiety. Most of my adult life I had insomnia. I use Seroquel 50 mg once a day and Celexa. The Seroquel stopped the racing thoughts, generalized anxiety, allows me to sleep well at night, and I'm able to think things through rationally. Seroquel is the best medicine for me. I love it. I used to only take it at night as I would fall asleep immediately, but now I'm able to take it during the day."

Shalisha August 22, 2011

For Tourette's Syndrome "I am trying Seroquel for Tourette's and have noticed no difference. But my general level of anxiety has decreased and my sex drive is much higher! When I first started Seroquel my obsessive compulsive disorder symptoms became much worse but they are now better than they were before I started taking it. I feel more in the moment during the day. Bad part: I get goofy after I take it (I have to take it at night because it knocks me out) and I am having abdominal pains every day and mild diarrhea so I will have to stop taking it soon. I don't know if this is a side effect or not but at night when I am lying in bed I have started getting weird sensations in my hips and then my legs will kick out violently. This happens every minute or so until I fall asleep."

TwitchingRabbit August 9, 2011

For Insomnia "I've been taking this medication for quite awhile, and while it worked at first, I noticed that I quickly started building up a tolerance to it. Every couple of weeks, my dose is increased, and it's been very frustrating. While it does get me to sleep, it doesn't help me stay asleep. Also, there has been a tremendous amount of weight gain, which I can't lose even with diet and exercise. Great for short term, not for long term."

Sydney L August 2, 2011

For Insomnia "I am a 34 y/o female in the Army with post traumatic stress disorder and insomnia. I may take it around 9pm and wont fall asleep until 1 or 2 am. I will remain sleep but it makes me hungry. I have been observed eating while sleep."

Anonymous July 27, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine works like a miracle. It keep me very stable, I haven't got major mood swings anymore. With Seroquel I feel very stable and happy. I also take Depakote."

qwerty_lv July 22, 2011

For Insomnia "I was prescribed 75mg of Seroquel for insomnia. It worked like a charm, for about the first week. Then it made me sleep too much. I was sleeping 12-14 hours a day and was still waking up groggy. As well as gaining around 25 pounds in a matter of 2 months my physician and I both decided that it would be better to stop taking it. But I still will keep the rest of the medicine I have just in case there are one of those nights that I can absolutely not sleep. Great medicine, just not for me."

Anonymous July 20, 2011

For Insomnia "I've been taking Seroquel for two years or so now, and it works quite well for me. I'm sensitive to drugs like Ambien and Lunesta (they make me furious), so when Trazdone stopped working for me after 10 years--my insomnia's pretty bad--I was pleased that this works. I'm less pleased with the cost. "

specialklh July 11, 2011

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I've been using Seroquel now for 4 years. I suffer with anxiety and can't sleep at night. Seroquel has helped me sleep and helps me throughout the day with my anxiety, if I feel anxious I take a 25mg and it alleviates the anxiety for me. I think it's very good for both. It has helped me tremendously."

Ms. Brown July 5, 2011

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia "Causes too much daytime drowsiness. Works well as a sleep aid but, there is too much carry-over sleepiness during the day."

Anonymous June 30, 2011

For Insomnia "I think a small amount(25-100mgs) is a pretty good amount and a safe medicine for insomnia, or for people who have OCD, or any kind of compulsive behaviors that are so bad that they hinder their lives in a negative way. Ask your doctor about this medicine if you think you will benefit from the sedating and calming effects of Seroquel! I use it at night to sleep, about 50-100mg only when needed but I also feel a bit more relaxed in the morning when I wake up after taking the Seroquel. Helps me until I have to have my Valium for generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks."

Cab420 June 29, 2011

For Paranoid Disorder "After seeing my GP I was prescribed 200mg at night and had my first night sleep in months. Seroquel simply saved my life, it calmed me down stopped my racing heart/mind and burning body. Over time I have been able to reduce my dose to 50mg at night and wake up refreshed for work. In the morning I drink plenty of water or weak tea, also found B vitamins or multivitamins worked well along with magnesium tablet or powder three times a day."

maxzee June 25, 2011

For Insomnia "I have been taking Seroquel For a while now, A side from being extremely hungry when I wake up, groggy, and the weight gain. It is a really good sleep aid. I am currently on 200mg. Not only am I less stressed and anxious but it slows me down to a point where I can actually think clearly rather than having racing thoughts and it tones down the late night activity greatly. I still work out and am very active but it is a lot less extreme thanks to Seroquel."

411 June 23, 2011

For Depression "Made migraines a lot worse and sunk me into worst depression. I guess it works for some people. "

Anonymous June 21, 2011

For Insomnia "Seroquel has saved me from the anxiety of not falling asleep at night. I too was on Ambien and some natural supplements. I felt like I was living outside myself in a fog. After Seroquel, I sleep and I'm rested. Occasionally have killer nightmares that are different than other dreaming I've had. I did gain about 10 pounds as I got the munchies before I went to bed. I have that under control and I'm not munching, have lost 5-6lbs. Did have a terrible time getting up in the morning, but I am hypothyroid. Doctor added 100 mgs of Wellbutrin and I can get up now. Wish I could sleep without all that, but can express the level of gratitude for this gift."

sonshinejewels June 19, 2011

For Insomnia "I was originally prescribed Seroquel to help me sleep after a traumatic experience and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I took half a 25mg pill. I have also had chronic insomnia for over 15 years which I manage with Xanax, however when I experience an increase in stress and anxiety to which I cannot manage with exercise and diet, I will add half a dose of Seroquel at night to help me sleep more soundly. I find that I need to take it early in the evening so that I wake up refreshed. It does leave me with a slight grogginess, whereas Xanax alone does not however Xanax has a shorter half life and there are times when I wake up in the middle of the night. Very happy overall with Seroquel for treating insomnia and glad my Dr. had the wisdom to know how to help me."

Anonymous June 10, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "I had been on Depakote for years for my bipolar disorder. But it did not help my depression. Antidepressants seemed to cause hypomania. After starting on Seroquel, I am sleeping better and my mood is more stable. I am less likely to have rapid cycling, and my episodes of either depression or hypomania are more likely to be short-lived."

Anonymous June 5, 2011

For Depression "Taking low dose, 25-50mg at bedtime for about two years. I was tired during the day, so we switched to hydroxyzine for the sleep. Bad idea, as I was very irritable and after about 6 months wound up back in the hospital. Low dose Seroquel has positively changed my life. My psych says low dose has remarkable effect on bipolar patients in his practice."

Bipolar man May 17, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel is an amazing medicine if you have received a proper diagnosis. Since about age 6, I have suffered with painfully debilitating depression. Most days I could barely pretend to engage and talk to people. I would just sit in my room and cry for hours almost everyday. I also experienced horrible paranoia involving the belief that someone was watching me. My parents were very opposed to any medical treatment for my condition so I just suffered though multiple suicide attempts, self injury, and other serious emotional issues until the age 21. I finally gathered the courage to seek treatment for my condition. After years of absolute hell on earth my life is back together, thanks to Seroquel."

Anonymous May 3, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "So far so good. I have been on Remeron (30 mg) for 3 years. It stopped being effective almost a year ago. Since then I have tried many other things. Finally my doctor suggested Seroquel (100 mg at bedtime), in addition to the Remeron. I noticed the difference almost immediately -- within 24 hours. Severe depression symptoms have eased off and also less anxiety. Unlike others, I have had no grogginess with it so far. So, while its early in the game, Seroquel looks to be good so far. Will post update as my treatment time continues."

Anonymous April 26, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "I changed to Seroquel from Zyprexa because of uncontrollable appetite. I don't have this so much with Seroquel. I feel like myself now, experiencing emotions in a normal way as well as a better ability to think. Seroquel (as well as the Zyprexa) has allowed me to return to work full time after a long period of feeling I was walking around dead, waiting for the next trial medicine to work. These atypical antipsychotic medicines worked quickly - even in the lower initial doses I could feel a change. They gave me a life, to the point where I was able to have a relationship and now marry. My only problem is sweating, which is difficult here in the Tropics."

Anonymous April 23, 2011

For Insomnia "I am in treatment for Lyme disease and the antibiotics, as well as the infections, cause insomnia, depression, anxiety and racing thoughts. I used herbs to quieten my mind so I could sleep and they were successful for a couple of years, but finally I needed something stronger. I take just half of a 25 mg pill an hour before I want to fall asleep. It works very well but I do feel groggy in the morning. At first I even had trouble talking as my speech was slurred. "

anona April 17, 2011

For Borderline Personality Disorder "Seroquel changed my life. After roughly 20 years of treatment with medications for borderline personality disorder I had a new doctor put me on Seroquel. At first I resented the sedation, but after time I adjusted to it and the dosage was moderated and timed differently. Ultimately, however, it was the first medicicne to thoroughly handle my anxiety, and stop my obsessive thoughts in their tracks. The only downside has been the carbohydrate cravings and weight gain, but even those have become manageable with other supplements and medications. The gains far out weigh losses."

Anonymous April 16, 2011

For Insomnia "I am 38 year old female who has suffered from severe insomnia for 6 years which has gotten much worse. I have been taking 10 mg of Ambien which worked well initially (about a year) until is stopped working. I wake up at 2:30 AM and cannot go back to sleep. I have also tried all typically prescribed sleeping medicines to no avail. I was diagnosed with depression. I am taking 20mg of Prozac and recently 25 mg of Seroquel. I was worried about those who gained so much weight on Seroquel as I am a fitness fanatic. 1st night I took it at 7:30pm, woke up feeling very groggy and out of it all day but did sleep better the first night. 2nd night, I took it earlier 6:30pm and noticed my legs twitching. Slept and felt better taking it earlier. Haven't noticed any cravings."

Ins0mnia April 13, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Seroquel for several years. I am taking 400mg at bedtime to help with insomnia but mostly for bipolar. I have tried other medications to help me sleep like trazodone, Ambien, and Klonopin. The Seroquel works but boy do I eat after taking this pill. I'm tired of eating so heavy after taking this pill."

Anonymous April 8, 2011