User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 130 reviews 48 medications

7.7
Schizoaffective Disorder 16 reviews 28 medications

Schizophrenia 7 reviews 36 medications

Summary of Seroquel reviews 153 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Seroquel

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: I am 49 and have Bipolar II. Been on Seroquel 400 mg for one year. Initially very drowsy, restless legs, dry mouth and blocked nose, most side effects lifted after 3 months. This medicine controlled my racing thoughts, helped me concentrate (I thought I had ADD). Ironically, despite the drowsiness it lifted my extreme exhaustion (I used to have weekly Vitamin B injections because I was so tired). I no longer feel drowsy, managed not to gain weight with the help of a dietitian and an exercise program. I do get very hungry but refuse to give in to the hunger. I also take Wellburtin and Zoloft to help the depression, tearfulness and agitation. I would recommend Seroquel to Bipolar patients.

March 29, 2011 3:22 AM
Review by angst: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Borderline Personality Disorder: I have been using Seroquel for about 18 months together with Pristiq. At first I took 25g at night then I added to that 100mg Seroquel XR. I seemed far more relaxed and able to cope with life a little better. However over the last 2 months the agitation became unbearable and my depression increased immensely. I have dropped 50mg of the XR over the past few days and I am already feeling less anxious and agitated.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 26, 2011 6:43 AM
Review by ZeldaZonk: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I found this medication helpful with reducing hypomanic symptoms - mainly I took it to control episodes of violent rage which it did. It gave me tachycardia so I had to discontinue. My PROBLEM with this medicine is that it has changed my body permanently (so far - it's been 3 yrs). I was one of those people who could eat whatever I wanted, exercise, not exercise - I never gained weight. Now I'm carrying an extra 10 kgs which I am NOT happy about. I can't get rid of it.

March 17, 2011 10:16 PM
Review by sleepatlast: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I've had severe insomnia for over three years and it was not uncommon for me not to sleep for two or three days in a row. After trying several other prescription medications, none of which worked, my Doctor placed me on Seroquel. I slept well but the side-effects were awful. It gave me severe headaches and made me feel like a total zombie the next day. However after the first week or so I decided to take one-half the amount prescribed and I still got the sleep but the side-effects disappeared. After three years of bad insonmia, I don't know what I'd do without it..

March 4, 2011 4:42 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Withdrawal is nasty in spite of doctors saying there are no withdrawal effects. It is sedative and can be impairing so drivers be careful

February 23, 2011 9:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: I recently started Seroquel 50 MG for depression, panic disorder, anxiety, insomnia. The first couple of days and then up to 150 MG. This medication works great. It creates anxiolytic effects similar to clonazapam and relieves all my anxiety. I Sleep well to. I can actually function thanks to this medication and it works excellently for paranoia and anxiety. I've also found it to work great for sleep. I was previously on Abilify which was very activating and gave me a lot of anxiety and I couldn't sleep more than 1-2 hours. On Seroquel I sleep a full 8 hours and I wake up refreshed and ready for the day. It controls my anxiety and works wonders. Side effects are: No sex drive, and Drowsiness. Great medicine, works great.

January 29, 2011 2:22 PM
Review by drew_denver: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: If OCD thoughts are keeping you up at night this works well. Turns the brain off with literally 25 mg a night one hour before I want to sleep. Daytime Paxil has worked best for me.

January 19, 2011 12:43 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: 100 mg every night combined with 200 mg Lamictal and 160 mg of Geodon relaxes me and helps me sleep.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 9, 2011 9:28 PM

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Borderline Personality Disorder: I'm on 700mg of Seroquel. The worst side effects I have are intense hunger and weight gain and a decrease in my sex drive. Both of these are horrible, but my mind is clear. Not sure if it's worth it or not. Wondering if there is a medicine out there to add to my regime that will deplete my hunger and boost my sex drive.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 5, 2011 3:41 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: It helps me feel somewhat normal for a change.

January 4, 2011 3:21 AM
Review by joyceelaine099: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I started this medication and within a day of starting the full dose I was prescribed (300 mg) I passed out twice in about an hour and a half. I would NOT suggest this to anyone who has reacted to any other medication (I myself also experienced nasty side effects to Geodon).

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 26, 2010 2:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was given 25mg once a day in conjunction with Lamictal. I started hallucinating about a day in. Stopped taking it 4 days later after severe hallucinations.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 11, 2010 1:48 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: This medicine has changed my life. On for 2 months now. Almost didn't try because of bad postings. 46 y.o. male with lifetime insomnia, worse the last 8 years. Off and on sleeping pills and self medicating daily with alcohol was destroying my marriage and life. Sleep 7 hrs every night without fail now. A little slow to get going first thing in the morning but otherwise feel like I'm 20 again. Taking 200mg at bedtime. Zero weight gain. Just had bloods. Cholesterol 140, Triglycerides 53, glucose 79. I work out daily, eat extremely healthy, take no other medicines, and have had no alcohol for 2 months with zero desire for it.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 3, 2010 6:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I have had insomnia since I recovered from an Adderall addiction, then used alcohol to self-medicate. Not sleeping makes me frantic. My psychiatrist prescribed Seroquel 150 mg, which I have been using for 3 years and it works perfectly. Takes effect in less than an hour, during which I read quietly in bed, and I have no issues in the morning, nor have I experienced any hunger. Like others have said, without it I do not sleep, so I have to make sure it is always available. I have had no need or desire to increase the dose.

November 27, 2010 7:33 PM
Review by SitaBug: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I had not slept in over two years when I finally found Seroquel, my savior! I sleep so great but I have had to increase the amount I take ever so often. Taking 300mg now.

November 27, 2010 1:51 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: I've been taking Seroquel (100mgs) for 2 months now. It's been great. I've had treatment resistant depression for years and have taken every antidepressant on the market with little to no help. I was running out of energy and time. After trying Abilify (bad akathesia), Lamictal (still taking), we tried Seroquel and within a 2 week period I was back in life. What a wonderful gift. I'm very thankful. Also, I've had refractory insomnia that has been alleviated as well.

November 26, 2010 4:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: After trying nearly every SSRI on the market I was placed on Pristiq, which improved my condition somewhat, but still left me dependent on Xanax to alleviate my daily anxiety. After a particularly bad stretch I was also placed on Seroquel XR. It has helped more than I could have ever hoped for. I finally don't have to reach for a Xanax as soon as I wake up. It was very sedating for the first week after I started, and after increasing my dosage, but this has lessened with time. I do make sure to take it before bed, as it does make me tired as it kicks in, but I welcome this due to my problems with insomnia.

November 26, 2010 2:28 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Borderline Personality Disorder: This medication is adequate compared to others in its class, despite it still causing significant side effects such as weight gain (which is very undesirable). At first, this medicine seemed very strong and made me 'zombie-like' (e.g. slow, unemotional, sleepy) but after a couple of days these were significantly improved. I was on a dose of up to 75mg, and as far as the effects of each individual dose; 25mg help with sleep and 'anger management', 50mg increased my hunger (a lot) and 75mg helped a little more with anxiety and emotional stability.

November 18, 2010 5:59 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Borderline Personality Disorder: I am 4 weeks in to taking 25mg of Seroquel and I noticed the difference almost straight away. I can think so much better because my anxiety is reduced enough for me to think in straight lines again. I am no where near as paranoid and a bit less dissociative too which is all really good. I was also prescribed Cymbalta for depression but have just ditched that because I was too fearless and suicidal on it. Whilst Seroquel is not touching my depression, I noticed that after taking it I felt that I gained a degree of self-control back which helped me to start to use basic life skills that I have learnt, which help me to deal with some of the BPD approaches to life's problems. Seriously, I find Seroquel even at the low dose to be excellent.

November 11, 2010 10:57 PM
Review by Living again!: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel has been a God send for me. It stabilized my moods and stopped my "extra thoughts" or "popcorn brain". I take 600mg at bedtime and my psychiatrist has allowed me to take an additional 100mg if my mood gets ramped up. I do get side effects from it like blurred vision and restless legs. About an hour after taking Seroquel the restless legs subside and I am sleepy enough to get a good night's sleep. I am prescribed benztropine (Cogentin) for the restless legs and it helps some. After I take my medicine I do not drive until the next day as there is risk of an accident and getting a DUI. I did have a rapid weight gain of about 40 pounds but I would rather be over weight and functioning and not hospitalized.

October 21, 2010 2:31 AM
Review by LouisianaGal: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I have been on Seroquel 150mg since the age of 13. I have had sleeping problems since the 4th grade. I am now 20 yrs old. Without my Seroquel, I'll go weeks without sleep. But with it, once I take it, about an hour later, I'm fast asleep! I DO NOT know what I would do without it. The only bad thing I can honestly say, I have gained 100 lbs from taking Seroquel. Mostly to the hunger feelings it causes right before I'll fall asleep. I would very much rather be a large girl who can sleep than a skinny girl who never sleeps. I would recommend Seroquel to anyone, as long as you aren't someone who has a problem with some weight gain.

October 14, 2010 11:31 AM
Review by bipolar girl:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Taking for 2 years. Only side effect is dry mouth but this can be handled as long as you TAKE it with a full glass of water. I now sleep. Being bipolar I was up 4 days at a time. Seroquel gave me my life back. I hope it continues to work for me. Gained maybe few pounds. That's it.

October 13, 2010 10:32 PM
Review by jkq: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was 17 I'm now 19. I was on Seroquel for about six months and it did improve my episodes to be a lot less frequent. It was a God send in that area, but the side effects were horrible. I gained about 55lbs in five months. I went from a size 4 to a size 12 in a very short amount of time, I became very depressed, I spoke with my doctor and stopped taking it, and I%u2019m doing fine. I have not had any episodes since June 2009 and the weight is coming off very easy. I just exercise three times a week. Overall I rate this medication with a 6 just because of the side effects.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 25, 2010 2:03 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: Seroquel was a God send for me. I've been on it for 7 years and its the best medication I've been on for hallucinations and the voices I heard on a daily basis. It does however make me extremely tired so I take it half hour before I go to bed. I did get a little weight gain but I would rather have weight gain than hearing voices and seeing things any day. Amazing medication.

September 24, 2010 7:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I am a 52 year old female who had sleep issues for many years. I've been taking 75 mg of Seroquel about an hour before bedtime for years. I sleep well and do not feel groggy in the morning. My only concern is that if I don't have it either because I forgot or didn't return home for some reason, I really don't sleep much. It is not suppose to be addictive but I think I am at this point, even if just mentally.

September 14, 2010 1:51 PM