User Reviews for Seroquel (Page 7)

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 207 reviews 33 medications

7.2
Schizoaffective Disorder 26 reviews 28 medications

Schizophrenia 13 reviews 42 medications

6.7
Summary of Seroquel reviews 246 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Seroquel

For Insomnia "I'm 20 years old and I've been on Seroquel for about 1 year now. It really helps. I take it for 2 reasons: insomnia and to help control irritability as a result of having Asperger's syndrome. The FDA is considering approving Seroquel for use in patients with ASD's who are at least 10 years old, it is now considered an off-label use. I've been on other anti-psychotics to control anger (Abilify, Geodon, Risperdal) and they did not help as much as this and some had bad side effects including fainting and seizures, very low blood sugar, feeling depressed, and feeling very restless all the time. I also tried Trazodone for sleep, but it didn't work. Thank God for my Seroquel!"

vanillabean (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel makes me feel like I'm on a level playing field again. I don't feel like my thinking's distorted and I don't cry uncontrollably like I have all of my life. I have gained weight but I'm fixing to start taking Topamax to counteract that. If the Topamax doesn't work I will still continue to take Seroquel. I rather gain weight and be able to cope with life 100% better than I did before."

Bluebird47 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "After later years of my adolescence and early adulthood I was finally diagnosed (bipolar) and prescribed Seroquel along with lithium. Not only did I finally feel a sense of peace within myself I found that I no longer engaged in the reckless activity that I seemed to have no control over. This behaviour which caused so much grief and upset, nearly caused the breakdown between my family and which I nearly destroyed myself. It does not get rid of my depression completely but they are not as bad and I find I can cope where as in the past I couldn't. I find that it's best to take it before bed as it makes me very drowsy which I find a good thing because in the past I found it very difficult to sleep. Hope this helps."

Romanee (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "Makes me feel extreme fatigue and cravings for sugar are too much. Not really sure its working for me."

applejack (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2012

For Insomnia "I take 300 mg at night for about 3 months now and don't fall asleep, just turn into a zombie. I actually lost 20 pounds since I've been on it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2012

For Insomnia "I am feeling so frustrated. I have developed a tolerance to Seroquel, and nothing else works for sleep. "

IsmailaGodHasheard. (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 23, 2012

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "This medicine is great for daytime anxiety or anxiety with insomnia. Doctors give way too much of this 300mg, 500mg, etc. to non-manic patients when much smaller dosages will work. I used a HALF TABLET (12.5mg) for sleep. Lately I used 1/4 tablet (one in morning and one in afternoon) to lower base anxiety level. You don't need to be knocked out to get relief from anxiety!"

Northern Guy (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 22, 2012

196 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with BiPolar Disorder 1 about 8 months ago. My doctor put me on Seroquel 100mg. I do have to take it at night due to the drowsiness it causes. It has made a dramatic change in the racing thoughts and negative self-image I felt. I've also had a marked change in my insomnia. I was misdiagnosed for a number of years, and couldn't understand why the other meds didn't make a difference. I wake up feeling rested. I did have some vivid dreams when I first began taking it. I also get the munchies, but they have subsided considerably in the last month or two, and have dropped almost 20 pounds. This is magical as far as I'm concerned! As well as the Seroquel, I also take 20 mg of Lexapro and 600 mg of Neurontin every night. Thanks!!"

justRedDammit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2012

For Depression "Seroquel was awful.. my doctor prescribed two 700mg at night and I slept so much! When I wasn't sleeping I was exercising, still I gained 30lbs. I had extreme paranoia, never knew where I was or how I got there, and always woke up in sleep paralysis. Made my depression, anxiety and bipolar worse."

thebeesknees92 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2012

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Get ready for bed, sleep came fast and hard for me! I only take 50mg to sleep and it knocks me out every time. Can't imagine taking it during the day, I'd be a zombie."

joeglong (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2012

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been taking 150MGx2 along with 10MG of Lexapro to help with chronic depression. Due to divorce this summer, I told my Dr I was feeling more depressed and he raised my dose of Seroquel to 200x2 at bed time. I am a teacher and the last 2 days I have not been able to get up. I start to get dressed and wake up hours later standing at the mirror with a toothbrush in my hand. Lucky for me we don't have students yet but I am terrified I will continue oversleeping and miss my classes. Also, I am having muscle spasms in my right hand, dropping things I am holding, throwing eggs across the room. The only change in my routine is the bump up in dose so the problem has got to be that. "

EngTeacherJenny (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I was on seroquel for only a few weeks, but that was more than enough. I had hallucinations and gained a significant amount of weight in that time. It did help me sleep at night and helped with my racing thoughts, but that's about it."

Anonymous August 14, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I am having Seroquel blues. Just recently my normal dosage of 400mg went 200mg more and that 200 I must take during the day. I am so frustrated trying to find out how long does it take for the body to get used to taking the medication during the day. I always feel like I am in slow motion and unable to be patient with others, having irritability and have to take naps during the day to overcome the drowsiness. I know this medicine is important because it helps with the mania, paranoia, and suicidal ideation. "

jwilliams1980 (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2012

For Insomnia "I've been through sleep studies, medications and all. This particular prescription did NOT allow me to sleep on 50mgs 2x a day and 500mgs at night. The only thing it did do was wipe my memory of previous day."

Anonymous July 30, 2012

For Borderline Personality Disorder "I have been on these tablets for 3 days now, for border line personality. I've been so tired after I take the 100mg at night but my anger is still a problem, and I'm feeling a tiny bit less like I'm lonely and no one understands me and my emotions. But honestly not much of a change. I just still don't know if my life's going to get any better."

Hazza July 19, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I had a bad reaction to an anti-inflammatory misdiagnosed as bipolar. This medicine causes psychosis in an individual wrongly prescribed it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 13, 2012

For Insomnia "I take 150mg at night and it's the best medicine I've ever tried. It does make me very hungry."

dugluvsleep (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine is great for sleep and helping anxiety, but if you have responsibilities, work, school, kids, ANYTHING, then be prepared. I am only on 100mg and although I feel calmer and not so irritable, I just feel sort of dozed and no motivation to do anything, not even simple things like taking a shower or making something to eat. I woke up this morning needing to go to the bathroom and it seemed like an overwhelming task and I was stumbling around like when you are drunk. If you don't have to work or answer to anyone then it's fine because you can just space out and not have such negative emotions and feel better."

Anonymous July 5, 2012

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "300 mg 4x/day. I used to have horrible hyper-vigilance, hyper-startle, anxiety, paranoia, insomnia symptoms. NOTHING (meditation, yoga, EMDR, etc.) helped that much, let alone fix it. So, the doctor said to try this. Because of my side-effect sensitivity, my doctor started me on 25 mg. That first night, I slept a full night for the first time in months. But then I started sleeping too much - up to 14 hrs a day on the weekends. We backed off to 12.5 mg & my life CHANGED. I'm under more stress right now so my dose is back to 25 mg & I'm doing great on it. It pulls me down out of that watchfulness that prevents me from doing anything but surviving (and poorly, at that). For me, after a near-lifetime of struggle, this is a miracle."

DylanS (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 29, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel has been a very helpful sleep aid."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 11, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Very sedating."

Anonymous May 24, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I was put on Seroquel 300mg it worked great but after a few months started having severe constipation and bloating around the time I took it. Now on on another medicine to see if this resolves. Pray it does."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2012

For Schizophrenia "No anti-psychotic medicine is perfect. But Seroquel is quite okay. Gives you a good night of sleep. You can feel dizzy. But the best is no extra pyramidal symptoms. I tried 4 or 5 other antipsychotics but this as good as it gets considering side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel helps both manic and depressive symptoms, however is much better when combined with other mood stabilizing medications. Good for providing sleep, but it can be too sedating until you get used to it (just take it consistently and stick with it). Slight raise in appetite for carbs but nothing a healthy diet and exercise can't counteract which is what you should be doing if you have a serious mental illness anyway. A good first medicine to try, because it's a mood stabilizer (for both types of episodes), anti-psychotic, sleep medication, and anxiolytic! It's great for controlling anxiety and making you feel calmer, and means you don't have to take Valium or sleeping pills which can be addictive - whereas Seroquel is NOT addictive."

Katan May 8, 2012

For Depression "I have been suffering with severe anxiety and depression after developing panic attacks. I have always suffered with generalized anxiety but have not had panic attacks for over 12 years. I haven't taken any medication during that time. I was driving home one evening and out of nowhere a severe panic attack hit me and left me immobilized on a bridge where I just froze. Fatigue, anxiousness, guilt and dread. While I am receiving help from a counselor and my GP, I have been taking Zoloft 100mg in the morning and 50mg of Seroquel. Seroquel has helped me considerably. I take Seroquel at 6pm which usually helps me fall asleep by 9.30pm and wake around 7am. This reduces the hangover effect. I am feeling better since taking Seroquel."

Hang in there (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2012