User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 163 reviews 32 medications

7.8
Schizophrenia 10 reviews 37 medications

7.1
Schizoaffective Disorder 21 reviews 28 medications

6.9
Summary of Seroquel reviews 194 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Seroquel

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "It helped with my OCD intrusive thoughts, but made me VERY agitated and a feeling of skin crawling. Even at 1/4 of a tablet and I was really anxious."

Anonymous December 4, 2011

For Insomnia "Taking 25mg. Works fantastically! Takes about an hour on 25mg (used to take 50mg and it put me out in 30 mins, however I was required at least 8 hours of sleep. Many times my alarm wouldn't even wake me up on 50mg). However, like just about everyone else said, if I don't take it, I will NOT sleep. Also experienced weight gain (25 lbs in 2 months) so I am going to see if another sleep medication will work the same with less side effects. Does make me quite hungry about 30 mins after taking it, and I can't sleep on an empty stomach."

Anonymous November 25, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Seroquel (along with a myriad of other psychiatric medication) for 10 years at a dose of 600mg at night. For a while I would get so sedated that while sleeping I would stop breathing and jump awake feeling like I was drowning. While the medicine has been very helpful, I am starting to titrate it down in the hope of losing the 15kg that I put on when I started it. I now find it impossible to sleep without it so I'm coming off it very slowly hoping that my other medicines will keep my mood balanced. Overall a really good medication."

Anonymous November 14, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "BEST medication for Bipolar I Disorder! I have had psychotic episodes my entire life, up for weeks, voices, could never sleep, screaming at night! This medication was my savior. Initially I gained weight. I was eating carbs like crazy. But after my moods stabilized I started enjoying life and the weight started coming off. There are many different medicines out there. If one doesn't work, don't give up. Try something else, work with your doctor to adjust the dosage. I am up to 600mg at night. I wish I would have found this years ago!"

kashicrazy November 12, 2011

For Depression "In October 2010 I had a psychotic attack. It appears that my old medicine escitalopram (taken since 2004) has failed to treat my ongoing depressions. Since have transferred onto this medicine about six months ago by a psychiatrist. Taken with escitalopram I gained 1.5 stones in weight. No longer taking escitalopram the weight has dropped off of me. Now taking a dosage of 200 mg daily this medicine is not working on either the hallucinations or the depression. May need a stronger dosage and/or take in combination with an antidepressant."

Anonymous November 2, 2011

For Depression "This medicine really helped me with both depression and sleeplessness, the only negative side effects were that I tended to need at least 9-10 hours of sleep a night rather than my usual 7-8. Also I had some weight gain due to significantly increased appetite after each dosage."

Anonymous October 29, 2011

For Insomnia "I have had Parkinson's for 10 years. Six months ago, I was prescribed Seroquel 1/2 25mg at bedtime to "clean up my sleep -anxiety". Works fine except I began wetting the bed after being asleep for 5 - 6 hours. The Seroquel makes me feel better but I have to solve the bed wetting problem."

hadrian99 October 28, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "At the time I began taking Seroquel 4 years ago, my depressions were so severe that I attempted suicide and almost dropped out of college. Although my bipolar symptoms improved quickly, I dealt with extreme side effects (mostly a constant foggy and emotion-less feeling) until I reduced the dose from 600 to 300mg. Although my cholesterol has risen and life-threatening side effects of Seroquel have been discovered, I continue to take the medicine as I am completely unable to sleep without it and I can't imagine going back to the way I was 4 years ago."

Chanel217 October 27, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel only helped at the start and only with sleep. It has now been 10 years and it is making me a walking ZOMBIE. I have had major weight gain, I was a mere 120 when I started taking this medicine, I now weigh over 200 pounds. It is a nightmare for me. I still constantly eat. I can not stop. "

belle58 October 26, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "Good medicine but caused tachycardia, high blood pressure and panic attacks 2 hours after taking 300mg XR."

22222cv October 25, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "I was having a blast with a manic episode, then the deepest depressive episode set in, and Seroquel is the only medicine that stopped it."

Anonymous October 22, 2011

For Insomnia "I have started taking Seroquel three weeks ago. I've been prescribed 25mg twice a day. I was not able to sleep staying up one day, one night, one day and maybe going to sleep that night or the next. I've been told I have anxiety. That dose wasn't working for my sleep so I started taking 50mg at night as well as the 25mg twice daily. it has worked for my sleep. The only thing is I take the two tablets at night and I don't feel like going to sleep but I switch off sitting down watching T.V. It's like I can't get myself to bed. I wake up a couple of hours later then go to bed and fall to sleep, no serious side effects, no weight gain so far."

sean63 October 19, 2011

For Insomnia "Been taking 200mg for 4 years and also 2mg clonazepam. Only problem was when I first started I would sleep walk. One time I was downstairs taking down the blinds in the family room till my wife woke me up. No problems anymore."

night walker October 18, 2011

For Insomnia "I was craving for sleep for the last few years. I used to feel so tired and no energy. I just take half of 25 mg of Seroquel and no matter what sort of physical pain or condition I am good to sleep. Waking up fresh next day. Have not had any side effects. Have been taking for the last three months. God Bless Astra Zenca."

ngeRaced October 14, 2011

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Helped "clear up" my foggy mind."

Anonymous October 13, 2011

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This medication made me gain lots of weight and after being on it for about a year or so I suddenly stopped being able to breathe after taking it. So I was placed on a different medicine."

cottonkandie October 9, 2011

For Depression "I was very reluctant when my doctor suggested Seroquel for my condition. I had been on it before as a sleep aid and while it did improve my sleep greatly, I was miserable the next day. This time he wanted me on it round the clock, and it has made a huge difference. It would seem strange that something which makes you drowsy would help depression too, but for me, this seems to have been the case. I've had very little depression since we got up to the full dose. I'm now on Seroquel XR 200mg."

jayjaycub September 15, 2011

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "My personal reaction to Seroquel was essentially "The lights are on, but no one is home". I was so despondent I could handle no more than two weeks of the medication."

Less Than Human September 3, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "I was becoming very paranoid for no reason at all and in fact I felt I was justified! This takes all that away and helps me sleep at night too."

jennpugli August 31, 2011

For Insomnia "I started this medicine after my 3rd child and severe post-partum psychosis followed brought on my insomnia. My hormones were so whack, that I literally didn't sleep for about 2 months. I was hallucinating and everything. My baby was great, but I just didn't sleep. I tried Benadryl, Ambien, anti-depressants. Long story short, I ended up in a behavior unit and the doctors saved my life with Seroquel for sleep. They gave me 300mg of Seroquel, Risperdal and 1mg of Klonopin for about 4 days. I felt like a new person! I slept all 4 days and felt normal again. I weaned off everything except Seroquel and take between 100 and 125mg every night. I hate having to take it, but I feel so good everyday from having slept 7-8hrs the night before."

Anonymous August 23, 2011

For Depression "I was diagnosed with mild bipolar disorder, depression, post traumatic stress disorder, generalized anxiety. Most of my adult life I had insomnia. I use Seroquel 50 mg once a day and Celexa. The Seroquel stopped the racing thoughts, generalized anxiety, allows me to sleep well at night, and I'm able to think things through rationally. Seroquel is the best medicine for me. I love it. I used to only take it at night as I would fall asleep immediately, but now I'm able to take it during the day."

Shalisha August 22, 2011

For Tourette's Syndrome "I am trying Seroquel for Tourette's and have noticed no difference. But my general level of anxiety has decreased and my sex drive is much higher! When I first started Seroquel my obsessive compulsive disorder symptoms became much worse but they are now better than they were before I started taking it. I feel more in the moment during the day. Bad part: I get goofy after I take it (I have to take it at night because it knocks me out) and I am having abdominal pains every day and mild diarrhea so I will have to stop taking it soon. I don't know if this is a side effect or not but at night when I am lying in bed I have started getting weird sensations in my hips and then my legs will kick out violently. This happens every minute or so until I fall asleep."

TwitchingRabbit August 9, 2011

For Insomnia "I've been taking this medication for quite awhile, and while it worked at first, I noticed that I quickly started building up a tolerance to it. Every couple of weeks, my dose is increased, and it's been very frustrating. While it does get me to sleep, it doesn't help me stay asleep. Also, there has been a tremendous amount of weight gain, which I can't lose even with diet and exercise. Great for short term, not for long term."

Sydney L August 2, 2011

For Insomnia "I am a 34 y/o female in the Army with post traumatic stress disorder and insomnia. I may take it around 9pm and wont fall asleep until 1 or 2 am. I will remain sleep but it makes me hungry. I have been observed eating while sleep."

Anonymous July 27, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine works like a miracle. It keep me very stable, I haven't got major mood swings anymore. With Seroquel I feel very stable and happy. I also take Depakote."

qwerty_lv July 22, 2011