User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 16 reviews 47 medications

5.4
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 793 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "So I started this yesterday after being on trazadone that wasn't working anymore, I'm on it for ptsd and chronic aniexty. I took my first one last night and it took about 10 mins to fall asleep, I am on 150mg I woke up today and I have never felt so terrible, I felt like a zombie, I could barely string a sentence together. The day went on and I was still feeling terrible with dizzy spells, then I had a major hot flush felt violently sick and could barely stand, I decided to lie day, after what felt like a few seconds I passed out, and was having extremely vivd dreams (very creepy) I woke up a few hours later and felt slightly better, I know it takes a while to get used to them, but I wasn't expecting that, hopefully tommorow won't be as bad"

MLeigh May 3, 2016

For Insomnia: "I am in my late 40's and struggled with insomnia for years. Got by with Zopiclone for a long time but it started to become ineffective. Finally, after many fears about side effects, I tried quetiapine. I have gradually increased to 50 mg at night which seems to be the optimal dosage and I have been sleeping very well and feeling much better. Main side effect is dry mouth so I have to be mindful of dental care. No increase in appetite or sweet cravings which I feared. It is worth trying if you are really struggling. Very happy with this medication."

Discochic May 3, 2016

For Insomnia: "This is the only med that actually helps me sleep. I've tried melatonin, zopiclone, lorazepam and temazepam, as well as every natural remedy I could get my hands on and then my doctor suggested trying quetiapine. I take 25mg about an hour before going to sleep and usually by the time I climb into bed I can hardly keep my eyes open. I'm also taking bupropion (which is technically contraindicated with quetiapine) which may be why I feel so sedated on such a low dose. The only downside is that I don't fully wake up from it until I've been physically awake for at least an hour and it makes me really thirsty but that's a small price to pay for getting a good sleep after struggling for years."

georgiaedwards (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2016

For Insomnia: "I find I get four hours sleep. That is it. And i take 1500mg at night! still does nothing"

Mooflue April 30, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Been on sroquel for one month. Have gained 9 lbs. otherwise good drug."

Sheila d Eddy April 30, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have started to take 200 mg in July 2015. I have gained weight to much , nearly 20 kg. I have taken 100 mg in December 2015 and now I have been taking 50 mg. I want to quit Seroquel. Because I feel like zombie . I sleep very well but I can't get up early and I often go to work too late. During the day I feel tired and asleep. For mind and brain is good but damages of Seroquel is more than benefits of it , I think. It does addiction . I want to quit it or I want to take 25 mg any more."

6495nabas (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I'm a 24 year old female and I started on Quetiapine approx 2 months ago for my anxiety. (x4 25mg tablets throughout the day or when required) I also have pretty bad ADHD aswell as OCD which was only recently diagnosed (I thought those were just personality traits of a Gemini but now it's pretty obvious it runs in the family hehe) It has been pretty good so far but from day one it has just made me eat eat eat. A tablet version of THC in my opinion. I can not control the hunger which is hard as I'm very into my fitness (eg half a cheesecake at 1am last night! Haallp! Besides that and the overheating (and strange dreams) it's a wonder drug. I used to have 3 panic attacks on average a day and now I can live life again. Hope this was helpful."

Ashsa (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Been on regular seroquel for 4 years fine. Started this for mania/depression and paranoid thoughts. Awful. Weaned up from 50mg to 450mg then back down to off in 1 week. Stomach pains. Out of touch with reality. Groggy. Weight gain immediatley. It helped the symptoms, but no way to live."

Jt131.31 April 27, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This is hands down the best drug I have taken for my OCD. The first dose had a dramatic impact on me. I take 50mgs one hour before bed and I sleep a solid 9 to 10 hours eveynight. Got up the next and had so much energy that I was looking for something to do while on vacation. This drug is awesome!!!"

Johnny123456 April 27, 2016

For Insomnia: "I'm on this medication I get 200 mg at night and 100 mg during day the one at night doesn't help me sleep still awake at 2 am the morning dose makes me tired so not sure if helps with insomnia"

Tracey b111 April 24, 2016

For Depression: "I suffered from postpartum depression with insomnia. I was on this medication for less than 3 years. It took 4 attempts to discontinue this medication. I felt helpless when trying to stop. I was on 600 mg at one point and I was down to 6.25 mg. I ended up taking it every other night then every 3rd night then finally stopping. I got the approval of my doctor to do this. I still have problems sleeping but I know in time it will get better. I already feel better mentally and all the swelling in my face, hands and feet are gone. Seroquel served a purpose in my life when I needed it but I'm very thankful to be off this poison!"

SuzyQ630 April 24, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been taking 300mg of quetiapine for the last 5 years for Bipolar type 2, and it's honestly turned my life around. Serious/semi-serious hypomanic/depressive episodes down to 1-2 a year, mild up and downs 2-4 times a year."

Anonymous April 24, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been taking this medicine for more that 5 years and works perfect for me!"

Reed82 April 23, 2016

For Insomnia: "Excellent medication to aide in a good nights sleep"

AUB1 April 21, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "First I was on instant release Seroquel which helped somewhat at 50-100 mg doses. It gave me tachycardia so I switched to XR version. Been now at 200 mg and my anxiety has improved. Little bit foggy and sedated sometimes. Will try to lower the dose to 150 mg and see if it helps."

GADditude April 20, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "Helped me sleep. Gained 10 pound in a month. Did not feel more level or stable. Worse actually."

Ccrccr April 17, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I found seroquel to be the wonder drug for my anxiety problems (due to long term drug use) I was prescribed it five years ago at 100 mgs a day that has decreased to 50mgs at night but have since made the decision that I am ready to decrease this further to 25mgs a day then down to none as I have been free from addiction for the past five years I have been taking seroquel. In my mind tho I would never have gotten through the debilitating anxiety that followed without the help of seroquel."

arielswimming April 15, 2016

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "My psychiatrist and I decided to give this a try when my Effexor was helping my depression but not my anxiety. I was also having constant episodes of insomnia and felt angry all the time. 50 mg wasn't enough, so we upped it to 150 mg, where I felt great--my anxiety was eradicated and I was able to sleep fine, but I was still having an issue with anger. We went up to 300 mg as a last ditch effort to help the anger and all that did was make me really groggy and out of it all the time, which actually made my anxiety worse. So we went back down to 150 mg, and that's where I am. All in all I really like my Seroquel, but I feel like it made me gain weight a bit easier--not a large amount but between 5-10 pounds, but my diet also isn't great."

A. Savage (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "This drug worked perfectly. It controlled all my symptoms, paranoia, visual and auditory hallucinations, tactile hallucinations and anxiety. Absolutely no weight gain. I lost 30 pounds on this medication and could not be happier that I tried the drug. It also works excellently for people with eating disorders, controlling their cravings and regulating their eating patterns. There were no sexual side effects. I never relapsed when I went off the medication with the help of my psychiatrist. Thank you makers of seroquel!"

Anonj26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Been on this drug for 2months now for PTSD, anxiety & depression. 1st day took 100mg, got 6hrs sleep & feel drowsy the whole day. Reduced it to 50mg, slept for 6hrs & drowsy only At AM. After a week my sleep lessened to 4hrs. Twered it up to 100mg again. Sometimes I get 6hrs, at times 4hrs or less. It was never a straight sleep. I always get stratles & unable to nap at noon time no matter how sleepy I was. Everytime I get 4hrs or less sleep, I get panic attacks & just feel so tired. Doctor told me to increase it to 125mg. Still get 4-6hrs sleep and palpitations. I paired it with 1/4 rivotril for 5days now & get 8-9hrs. I feel refreshed & energized the whole day. No more panic attacks and palpitations. But with 125mg alone, I'm a zombie!"

Gting (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Quetiapine has improved my mood swings and suicidal thoughts. It also does wonders for my anxiety. At first, taking this medication (50mg 2x daily) I felt very groggy; it helped my insomnia a lot - and still does. So despite that side-effect, I believe this drug works very well. I was told I was slurring my speech by others within the first couple of days of taking this - it did turn me into a bit of a Zombie!! This, however, passed and now, in conjunction with Mirtazapine, Pregabalin and Diazepam I feel better than I have in a long time."

jchitty99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2016

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was prescribed seroquel xr for Bipolar depression My dr started me on 50mg and I am gradually increasing the dosage its been about 4 weeks and I am currently taking 200 mg I will agree that it has helped the hopelesness feelings and suicidal thoughts Which is a plus but the zombie like feeling and dry mouth are tough I have a job that requires constant activity its hard to keep up have to definitely slow down My Dr advised me that these side affects are all normal and eventually I will get used to it can't wait for this to happen"

shortie62 April 9, 2016

For Insomnia: "I'm on 350 MG for PTSD With recurring nightmares. This medicine really works. It's like being put out with gas before a surgery. It's black sleep. No dreams and uninterrupted sleep."

Aceman1991 April 8, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I complained to a friend of insomnia, mainly stress related. She offered a seroquel on the promise that it would relax me and put me in la la land. I will never again take medicine that is not prescribed for me! For the first time ever... I heard voices starting at 2 am. I heard two men arguing on the other side of my closed bedroom door, loud enough to wake me but I couldn't make out what they were saying. I was too afraid to look because I knew no one was there. Then around 4:30 am I heard a baby crying non stop this lasted until 7:00 am. I sat up for hours listening to what if feels like to be going insane! Never again!"

Lizziepoo April 8, 2016

For Insomnia: "I do not have depression, anxiety etc. But I do have occasional insomnia. Someone told me to try Seroquel and I did. Best stuff ever for insomnia. I've tried the XR 25mg & 50mg. Both work but I have to take early enough because the drowsy effect is long lasting. But best sleep ever!!"

Sleepless in Texas7 April 8, 2016