User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Insomnia 104 reviews 100 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 1 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 498 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Quetiapine

Review by LUVQUETIAPINE (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This medication has been a life saver. I had major anxiety and paranoia and could not sleep. Now I have zero anxiety, I am no longer paranoid and I do not wake up once during the night. Love this medication.

November 16, 2014 11:05 PM

Review by mnj34113:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Great medication helps with bi-polar. If I had anything bad to say it would be that it makes you gain weight like crazy. However other then that I sleep better then I have in twenty some years.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2014 2:04 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: This medication has truly saved my life! I have Bipolar 1 and would predominantly suffer from intense periods of mania, lasting up to 6 months. I was completely reckless and out of control in every way. Depression was less common but whenever it hit, I would attempt suicide and have done so three times in my life. However since taking quetapine, I became nearly instantly stable and I am now in Law School. No weight gain at all, not a single pound! However I cant loose weight either. I'm on 200mg daily at the moment.

October 30, 2014 11:26 AM

Review by Seanie:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I've been taking Seroquel for 7 years, after 20 years of delusional thoughts, mania, and large amounts of depression. It worked within two weeks and I noticed that when I woke up each day that my delusional thoughts were getting easier to identify and let go of. It changed my life. Since taking Seroquel, I have been able to learn how to drive, work in permanent jobs, save money, travel overseas, socialise, have a successful relationship and reconnect with the real me. I have also worked on my cognitive and emotional development and continue to attend counselling. I have gained 30kgs, but this has probably come about due to the combination of Seroquel, inactivity, diet and Sleep Apnea (of which I have only just been diagnosed).

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2014 1:06 AM

Review by Koalamaiden:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: When I first took Seroquel, I had the side effects of a type of motion sickness, as my head would whirl about, and I never knew if I was whirling or the surroundings were. I didn't want to stay on it, but was advised to give it longer. And to change from XR to regular. I did, and after about 6 weeks (from memory) I adjusted to it. Yes, I was so tired, went to cut a 300mg into halves, then to 200mg's, now to 300 mg again. Seroquel works for me, I've been on it for approx 18mnths or so. I sleep, my mind doesn't race or think or roam. I get a deep sleep. I was advised to get up early and it will wear off- yes, that happens. But it's not easy.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 10, 2014 7:53 AM

Review by Charlieaffective (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: No problems, watch what you eat.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2014 9:13 PM

Review by MissGil (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: This medicine has changed my life. I can hardly recognize myself. Much much calmer, not feeling obsessed, maniac or depressed. No racing thoughts. I never thought I could be like that. My life was a chaos. I've tried all different medicines and nothing seemed to help until I tried quetiapine. I am currently taking an antidepressant as well, but it is quetiapine that really makes the difference. I feel like I am fairly normal now.

October 6, 2014 8:55 PM

Review by Scorpionis (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: This medicine turned me into a zombified eating machine. I put on 30 pounds in one month. It was also extremely sedating.

October 1, 2014 8:04 PM

Review by Scooooter89 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Borderline Personality Disorder: I was on this medicine for almost three years and went off of it cold turkey because I thought I was better. Worst mistake of my life in 2013! A month or so ago I was put back on the medicine, just not quite as a high of a dose (800mg). I am now on 300mg and it has once again changed my life. I am happy again, feel like me, don't crave alcohol or other pills, and the mood swings have pretty much dissipated. This medicine is amazing and a life saver.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2014 6:31 PM

Review by intent2dement (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was prescribed 50mg of Seroquel at bedtime to help sleep. It works wonders for that, it didn't help much with my anxiety. I also take 1,000mg of Depakote per day and 20mg of Dexedrine ER for ADHD. The Depakote is no longer effective enough and my doctor is thinking about switching me to Lithium.

September 24, 2014 9:10 PM

Review by 0rdinarymadness:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel helped my paranoia and really kept me mentally stable, but I also was tired all the time, sometimes sleeping for 15 hours a day. I also gained 30 pounds within three months of being on Seroquel. I wouldn't recommend this medicine for anyone who does not wish to rapidly gain weight.

September 24, 2014 12:11 PM

Review by Stefconradical (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Worked but made me drowsy and put on weight

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2014 3:07 PM

Review by AnonAnonAnon:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Somewhat hit or miss on mania, racing thoughts and the like. Pretty effective as a sleep aid though. Currently taking 300mg as needed as it was mainly prescribed for sleep. It is as effective as benzodiazepines in that regard, without the benzo withdrawal. It does leave me feeling gritty and nasty the next morning though, but it's better than insomnia.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2014 2:32 PM

Review by Natalie alyshea (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: I take 3 ,25mg of quetiapine fumarate at night before bed for insomnia. It works very well. I sleep well on it without waking through the night. I have found out that I've had to cut out citrus as it interferes with my meds stops them from working but apart from that its great. And I found when taking it I have to drink alot of water when taking them and have to eat something after them to help them kick in quicker.

September 15, 2014 9:45 AM

Review by Rosiejay (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Make me very tired during the day. But if I don't take them stay awake all night.

September 12, 2014 2:51 PM

Review by tyfereth:

For Borderline Personality Disorder: Been on quetiapine for a couple of years now and this medicine changed my life. I am a better person now and this medicine helped a lot with that. No crisis, no anxiety, no craving for alcohol or other medicines. Sometimes I think I could be more emotional but it's a price I had to pay for having peace in my head. Totally recommend. I take only 50mg per day and it's enough to keep me stable.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2014 1:51 PM

Review by dashyingon (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Removed my mania symptoms and I've never felt like I'm going back to the highs. Helped with depression but this is along side vigorous exercise. Take it at night 250mg and I sleep all night. Unfortunately the biggest side effect I have is extreme tiredness the next morning and it can last a few hours. It feels like a minor hangover each day.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2014 12:02 PM

Review by badboy 4:

For Depression: Was on it a month did not sleep and moods were all over the place.

August 25, 2014 6:33 PM

Review by chickenpork (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I take 3x 75mg throughout the day. I feel sedated on it sometimes but I can function. I have no anxiety and depression episodes never get below a point. My mood is way more stable and I don't ever get the huge downers but occasionally still get the big highs. Usually I am just feeling content which is where I want to be. It has saved my life and I can now hold down a job and get back to Uni.

August 25, 2014 12:53 PM

Review by prairie dog (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Insomnia: 25mg for insomnia. I always used to fall asleep and have a sound sleep until 3 am. Comes 3 am. I used to wake up and stay awake until 5 or 6 am. This compromised my day. My experience is to take Seroquel before 1 am. I get 8 or 9 hours of sleep every night. If I wake up, I am sure to fall asleep right away. On the flip side, I believe I became addicted to Seroquel to the point that if I even miss one night I don't sleep well. Oh well it's a tradeoff I guess.

August 20, 2014 2:50 AM

Review by spazpen:

For Borderline Personality Disorder: I have only recently been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder but I have suffered it's effects my whole life. More recently I had an episode where it was necessary to be admitted to hospital extreme agitation/hyperactivity and suicidal and self harm thoughts. I was started on 12.5mg three times a day in hospital but on discharge was advised that I could take up to 25mg three times a day as I felt necessary. So far I've only needed 12.5mg two times a day, occasionally with an extra dose at night or a stronger dose in the morning for bad days. I've found the groggy feelings wore off after a couple weeks and I'm so balanced now. Seroquel has changed my life.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2014 8:40 PM

Review by michellemari (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Insomnia: I had severe depression and could not sleep at all. My husband can testify that I could be awake for 4 days in a row. I had anxiety attacks. I was on Cymbalta, Lamotrigine and Molipaxin. But the depression stayed and my sleep did not improve at all. I was hospitalized 3 times in less than 3 years. The last time I was gradually put on bigger doses of Serequel - up to 400g. The last 2 days I slept through the whole night - deep sleep! I have been on it for more than 5 years. I drink it at night -about an hour before I want to sleep. I have slept every night. My mood has been stable all these years - no depression , anxiety attacks or weight gain. I do have difficulty getting "fully awake " in the morning. But I would rather have this "side effect".

August 5, 2014 3:05 PM

Review by Barb E (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: It helps me feel calm and be able to sleep. I have a tendency to stay up too late at night and when I do my legs get restless and I have to go to bed and I sleep well. I have occasional abnormal dreams and a small problem emptying my bladder completely. All in all though it is improving my life. I also take Strattera and Lamotrigine.

August 1, 2014 7:23 PM

Review by costly (taken for 10 years or more):

For Insomnia: I have been on 25 mg of Seroquel and .5 mg Klonopin for 11 years for chronic insomnia. This combination has been wonderful, and I haven't noticed any side effects. However, my insurance will not cover the cost.

July 29, 2014 1:58 PM

Review by Brian Cairns (taken for less than 1 month):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I've only been on Seroquel for 2/3 weeks but I have had a largely positive experience. I have had a diagnosis of depression for about ten years and was using Cipralex (Lexapro). I came off Cipralex twice, and both times I became very depressed. Even on Cipralex my mood was constantly changing so I went to see a psychiatrist who thinks I may have Cyclothymia or bipolar 2 so started me on 50mg of Seroquel. Initially I was very groggy but have gotten over that. I've also gained a stone in weight. But my mood has really stabilised for the first time. I feel happy, confident and passionate. I no longer have a million thoughts in my head so can focus better. Hopefully this continues.

July 24, 2014 4:56 AM