User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Insomnia 114 reviews 102 medications

Tourette's Syndrome 1 reviews 12 medications

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 538 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Quetiapine

Review by Wooly Hollie:

For Borderline Personality Disorder: Managed to stabilise my mood swings on only 100mg daily, helped greatly with sleep however, did leave me feeling drowsy during the day

March 1, 2015 2:35 AM

Review by Can't find name not in use (taken for less than 1 month):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I have only just begun a week ago 25mg to start. So far the worst of my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder symptoms: panic upon waking, has subsided. Increasing dose tomorrow as still anxious through the day.

February 28, 2015 10:12 PM

Review by cdfig83:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: Seroquel XR worked very well for me with a combination of Seroquel and Zoloft together. I've been well for over 3 years now. Usually I would fall in to a depression with in a year just taking an antidepressent Because my body would build a tolerance to the medications. I know this medicine isn't for everyone, but I've had a very good experience and I'm stable and happy.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2015 9:16 PM

Review by retired early:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Been on Seroquel XR for 8 years. Can't believe I wasn't on this medicine when I was working , maybe I would not of been alcoholic for 40 years.

February 18, 2015 3:54 PM

Review by Ashli J:

For Insomnia: I like Seroquel for sleep better than ANYTHING I've tried ( Trazodone, Ambien, Restoril, Melatonin, Ativan, Benadryl, and Hydroxzine). Its the best out there... Except for the ultra vivid dreams!

February 6, 2015 3:46 AM

Review by Lorz18:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I started taking 25mg and now on 150mg nightly with the option of going up to 300mg if needed. Although I have not been on it long enough to make comment on weight gain it has been fantastic for my mind and mood. I get a good nights sleep and although I can still be a bit groggy in the morning this passes during the day. Best tablet for me in a long time.

February 4, 2015 8:52 AM

Review by mrvicc90 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: My shrink upped my doses to 200 mg and I think that's to much because I started to get a rapid heart beat. I lost about 20 pounds due to my major depression. I had to quit my job because I would be drowsy. At first it worked and helped me sleep. I guess I built a tolerance to it now I take 1/4 of 200mg and I try not take every night.

January 9, 2015 12:27 AM

Review by dustbowl (taken for 10 years or more):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: I have been taking this for five years and have never been better. I think you just have to find what works for you. My Psych Doc is the best!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2015 11:59 AM

Review by Meegz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Borderline Personality Disorder: I stayed in my own little comfortable world as I called it because I was paranoid, bad compulsions, habits, hypochondria, everyday was a struggle and I would cry randomly. I did not consider myself depressed because I was such a happy girl even though at a split second I would turn into something else and would have no emotion for anything. Sometimes I would have bad anxiety due to giving myself all of this stress and I couldn't eat and then I became sick and most of the time with that, came no confidence and sometimes I had many flowing ideas and such creativity. I was diagnosed recently with Hypomania, BPD and a bit of skitz. This med has helped so much but if you have symptoms of bipolar do not take anxiety medication...you'll feel terrible.

January 7, 2015 5:40 AM

Review by BPD Mama (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Borderline Personality Disorder: I was on and off Seroquel for 3 years. It helped with my depression and most of my anxiety, certainly put a stop to my insomnia. I hated the way I would feel when I woke in the morning though. I hated not being able to just get up and go, it usually took until mid afternoon to feel 100% clear. I found though that after a few years its effects on me at 100mg were wearing thin. It no longer helped with my paranoia at all and I would be up half the night. I also gained nearly 20kg, stopped taking it and have dropped over 10kg so far. Also having my daughter seems to have shifted something mentally and found that I no longer need to continue taking it to control everything.

January 1, 2015 10:58 PM

Review by DP0505 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: This medicine has really helped with my bipolar. I take 300mg (slow release) every evening and it's really helped balance my moods and ease any depressive episodes. Only side effect is feeling like a zombie if I wake up too early, but it's all about taking the pill at the right time before you sleep. If anything I'm getting the best sleep I've ever had when taken properly.

December 29, 2014 5:12 PM

Review by Skr1259 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: When I was 14 I was put on 450mg/day before bed time and within 6 months I gained 25-30 pounds. It worked super well to get rid of my hallucinations (including the tactile ones) but it made me extremely zombie-like. My grades slipped at school, and I slept as soon as I got home till the next morning. The first day I slept 22 hours. This medicine made me so hungry all the time and no matter how much I ate I was never full.

December 27, 2014 12:04 AM

Review by Jon Dough (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: Currently on .2mg of Clonidine and 300mg of Seroquel for Insomnia. Works fine.

December 22, 2014 2:49 AM

Review by SleepLikeaBaby (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: I have been taking this since it was prescribed in detox three years ago. It has worked wonders for me. I only take 1/4 of a 50 mg pill and sleep though the night. I don't take it on the weekends to avoid building a tolerance. Sometimes if I am under stress, I will take a 1/2 pill. The only thing I notice is that I need to take it when I have at 7 hours to sleep or I may be groggy in the morning.

December 13, 2014 7:08 PM

Review by PixelPop (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: Unfortunately after more than a year, pervasive stuff like weight gain, increased lipids, diabetes all started to be present. Great for a while but I started toned more of it to deal with psychotic symptoms and the sedative nature of it got in the way. Swapped to paliperidone ER, which is more focused on the psychotic symptoms and doing well without the sedation.

December 12, 2014 4:46 AM

Review by julie bird:

For Insomnia: I have extreme social and general, am bipolar, and insomnia so bad I would cry on and off all night ,every night. Besides other anxiety meds, I take 50mg to 100mg of Seroquel every night about an hour before bed. It shuts off my racing thoughts, and I actually sleep. This has been my miracle because I was barely functioning, if at all. it does make me hungry, but I find if I eat a little something before I take it, I can control the munchies. This is little payment for the new life it's brought me.

December 11, 2014 7:16 PM

Review by Marion anne (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: I took it in the past ( 100 mg) way to high of a dose! Made me feel like I was being smothered as I was drifting off to sleep and it was frightening! 8 years later my doctor convinced me to give it another try as I needed sound sleep and some help with anxiety. (also take 0.1mg lorazepam during the day as needed and one at bedtime.) My dosage was started at 50mg this time and I was having night terrors and weird dreams along with extreme grogginess in the morning. I recently started taking 25 mg and now I only have the dreams and morning groggy feeling! I think at the correct dose it is a medicine worth trying. I'm giving it a few more months to see if I adjust to it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2014 8:27 PM

Review by zaiyd&lola (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: I'm been on Seroquel since been diagnosed (now 18 months). Started taking 50g but now I'm on 100g. I've got to the point on this medication that the side effects are too much. Constantly tired. Feel very vague. My memory is terrible. I'm starting to forget about things I've already done. Still very paranoid. Also I'm still having panic attacks. So for me, it's time to move on and try something new (Olanzapine).

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 4:17 AM

Review by Dannicee (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: I've just started quetiapine on 100mg each night.. It's Made my 1st morning amazing whereas every other morning before I was always a manic depressive without fail. If this is how it's going to affect my days each morning I can't wait. Just to be the normal me again. No weight gain as of yet but being a size 6 in clothes I'm looking forward to gaining. Hopefully on the long run this medication will help my relationship with my partner and 3 beautiful kids.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 4:00 AM

Review by srhinomike70 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: Having been diagnosed with primary chronic insomnia at the age of 13, I have spent my life dealing with the condition. After serving for 20 years of active duty I found that my condition worsened as time went on. Now, in my mid-40’s, my condition has come to the point where, without medication, I can, and do, stay awake for 3-4 days on end without difficulty. Using quetiapine in combination with another medication had turned out to be the only combination that gives me 6-8 hours of solid sleep. I take 100mg along with my other med and within an hour I am tired enough to go to sleep. I have had nights where the combination had no effect, but there have been only a dozen or so in the last 5 years

December 5, 2014 1:53 PM

Review by scrutiny:

For Schizoaffective Disorder: Calming and antidepressant effect good. Vivid REM sleep and dreams.

December 3, 2014 9:50 PM

Review by Corksters (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: Seroquel- Out of Risperdal, Zyprexa, Trilafon, Abilify, Haldol, and Geodon, Seroquel is by far the best one. At lower doses, it is good for anxiety. You don't feel like a zombie on it. Obviously it helps you sleep, but at lower doses you won't be sleepy or if you just take it at bed time. Abilify and Haldol turned me into a complete zombie it was terrible. Risperdal had sexual side effects and of course the breast growth issue, but I would say Risperdal is the second best one behind Seroquel. Haldol and Abilify help paranoia big time but they also exasperate anxiety, definitely stay away from those. Geodon and Zyprexa are worse than those medicines. Geodon made me disoriented, helpless, still very paranoid. Zyprexa is probably the second worst.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2014 8:05 PM

Review by Mikfr:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: I was prescribed seroquel 100mg for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and I could only take it for two days. I took it as prescribed before bedtime. I almost crashed my truck several times on my way to work and I had to pull over on the shoulder to sleep on my way home from work. Day 2 was a Saturday. I slept for 14.5 hours. I can't function at all on this.

November 28, 2014 10:29 PM

Review by mysteriousdarkness (taken for less than 1 month):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: LIFESAVER. I tried antidepressant after antidepressant, all exacerbating my original anxiety symptoms- nausea, vomiting, insomnia, brain zaps, anziety, agitation, headaches/ migraines. You name it, I had it and the antidepressants made it worse. Been on Quetiapine XR 50mg and I'm still trying to get used to how GOOD I feel. for the first time in YEARS I'm not waking up nauseous and dry-retching, appetite is normal, sleeping a blissful 8 hours a night and waking up easily in the morning, alert and awake during the day. My anxiety is just GONE. I still have emotions, I still care about things, but this feels like what I imagine a normal person feels like. e.g. I can cope without panicking!! 10/10!!!

November 28, 2014 8:02 PM

Review by Eliza_nsw:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: Seroquel for depression isn't heard of much. I'm on it, and yes at first it was horrible. Head spins and just like motion sickness. But I was advised to stick it out and did. Approx 6 weeks it settled down. I take it for BiPolar, the racing mind, no sleep or little sleep. With Seroquel, I sleep a nights rest. My mind isn't active at all. I'm on 300mg. A bit tired of a morning, but if you are up early, which can be hard, the effects wear off, sooner. I won't swap to any other, I tried Zyprexa but, I'm sticking with Seroquel.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate