User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

6.6
Tourette's Syndrome 1 reviews 12 medications

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 610 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Bipolar Disorder: "Hi there, I speak on behalf of my own experiences of this medication. I suffer from manic depression bipolar and have had an undiagnosed psychiatric history of 5 years. I get aggressive and violent, hallucinate followed by full psychotic systems. I take 1 25mg 4-3 times a day, just very sleepy."

DR Owen (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on this medication for about a month now, tried pretty much all ssris for depression and over time found out i had bipolar 2. This medicine work fairly well, helps your memory, and keeps your moods at a fairly stable place. I'm on 300 mgs now and I was on 150mg, all in all pretty good medication."

Tom1998 July 24, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking seroquil for 18 months and have gained about 30 lb. I take 200mg at night and find I feel as if I am starving and eat crazy amounts sugary food that I crave. I find that when I wake my eyes have a haze over them for a half hour or so. If I miss a dose I can not sleep no matter how much I try. I get a clenched jaw and grind my teeth when I miss a dose. I was in prison and sometimes was not given the opportunity to take it. Those nights and days were long. I will say that it helps slow the mind down and it is amazing to get to sleep. With that said after taking it I was ready for bed in about 20min whether I wanted to sleep then or not. When I tried stopping I did not sleep right for months."

happy80004 July 23, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "In the beginning I was on 300 mg of seroquel (not extended release) for 3 years. Got pregnant they took me off. I moved provinces they ended up putting me back on a smaller dose 150mg sleeping wise I would go to sleep right away and stay asleep all night. For the past 2 months they decided to put me on 150mg seroquel xl now it takes me hours to fall asleep and I wake up constantly throughout the night and have a hard time falling back asleep! I feel like xl does not work near as good depression wise and sleeping wise."

Amanda7106 July 23, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I am going on this drug with the dose of 12,5 mg and it is so effective for sleeping. My purpose for taking this drug is insomnia. I just cut the 25 mg tablet into two halves.Side effect of feeling sedation is proiminent for me the next day, I hope I can get used to this effect in a short period."

templier (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I was a recon marine 1989/1999 and saw action in Kuwait, Somalia and Bosnia. I came home and self medicated with alcohol to escape the mental strains of what I had to do there. After marrying my wife, and enjoying what I thought what a normal retired Marine life was, she realized I had a problem. After getting me to commit to a mental health regiment , the doctor prescribed Serequel. With a 100mg starting dose, twice a day, the drinking that I've been doing for 10 years every night stopped completely. I'm now Taking 300 milligrams 2 times a day and have no ill effects. To the contrary, my dreams are so peaceful that I can't wait to lay down and go to sleep. I have experienced the herky jerky muscle movements at times when I walk, but not"

devildog43 July 21, 2015

For Insomnia: "I got prescribed Quetiapine(25mg) about 2 months ago, doctor told me to take 1-2 tablets a night,I found myself having to keep getting up and taking more throughout the night as I still wasn't asleep, it gave me headaches everyday, I was slurring my words and I would loose big chunks of my memory"

Hddujn July 18, 2015

For Insomnia: "I was on quitapex for about 9months Taking every night before sleep 25mg only It was an amazing medication Till my blood pressure has fallen to about 90/60 And sometimes 80/50 So I have stopped taking it Now I have to deal with my anxiety only taking nodeprine and exercising a lot Trying to avoid putting myself through the burnout area by taking vacation every now and then ."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This medication completely changed my life. My diagnosis is mixed rapid-cycling bipolar disorder with psychotic features. Before my regimine, I would suffer a week of depression, followed by a day of dangerous mixed affective episode, followed by a few hours of euphoria before the process wouls begin all over again. I had ruminating, and intrusive thoughts; panic atacks; anxiety; extreme guilt; dissociation and suicidal ideation (and a few near-attempts.) But, within weeks of the therapeutic dose my mood stabilized; my anxiety dropped off; my obsessive and intrusive ruminations relinquished their hold; and, unexpectedly, I gained a spectrum of emotions I didn't even know I lacked (and that was the best thing of all.) Truly life-altering"

Srztanjur (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 12, 2015

For Depression: "I'm 38, have struggled with depression and been suicidal searching for help since I was 13-14. Finally found a psychiatrist who understood. She prescribed 100 seroquel daily and ect. Only had 3 out of 4 ect treatments. That together with seroquel have never felt better or more stable in my life. Still have issue with anxiety with writing essays. Was prescribed a 25mg tablet to put under tongue. It works great. I had trouble at first with medication as I was taking morning and night. I would be falling asleep at pre start meetings at work. I know take nightly before bed. I sleep great and wake up refreshed. This drug works. You just have to work out the right time to take it."

Dougmac July 12, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "When anxious and paranoid, I take 6 mg at night and sometimes in the day. It stops the symptoms . I only have symptoms rarely.I can then focus or sleep. More than this dose knocks the crap out of me. Works for me when required."

Murdock20 July 9, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "When i first started taking this medication when off work it pulled me out of my anxious depressed episode but it came back once i started working again. I find it helps with anxiety a bit at 300mg but feel drugged sort of depressed may not be the medication. and still feel i am not coping. Australian government subsidises all medication with or without insurance."

marcus155 July 7, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Seroquel XR has relieved much of my daytime anxiety, and all of my night time panics, and my panic upon waking. I will add that this is in conjunction with minipress am/noon/night, and hydroxyzine."

ScottieP July 5, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "One of the best meds for bipolar. Low frequency of EPS and no prolactin elevation, however I have gained approx. 10-12 lbs in one year, but that's a small pay for mental stability. Recommend monitoring blood glucose, triglycerides and cholesterol."

be2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 4, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I used to be in a rage all day long but now after taking 100 MG of Seroquel twice daily and 200 MG at night along with Depakote i'm doing great best medicine i have ever been on."

Anonymous1994 July 2, 2015

For Insomnia: "This med has caused ET dysfunction which may be permanent. It has terrible withdrawal side effects so I am having difficulty tapering off. I wish I was told about this is like before getting on it .I regret ever taking it."

Giffordw June 28, 2015

For Insomnia: "At the smallest dose (I believe 25 mg) I didnt have any blackouts like I did with ambien and I could easily fall asleep. I liked this drug because it didn't give me dry mouth, I could wake up when I had to and not feel hungover the next day"

Shy Sea Otter June 26, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I've been on seroquel twice now. I was hearing voices all day that affected my PTSD, then it was a falling block thing with my anxiety and depression. I love this medication because I also have sleeping problems - falling asleep and staying asleep. There's XR and non XR (time release). I'm on 450; the higher you are on, the longer it takes to fall asleep. The only bad thing about this medication is weight gain. Be careful with that. I did research on all schizophrenic medications and they all cause weight gain. Just a note; the reason I pay $60 is because I need to take 300 + 150 to make 450. The XR is $15 more. I go under blue cross blue shield, if this helps anyone."

ZeldaKitten June 22, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I went from talking 120mgs of Cymbalta to taking 150 mgs of Seroquel XR just over one year ago. I fortunately did not suffer from any if the initial side effects that I've now researched & have learned are really common when starting this medication. However, 1 month ago, I'm not sure why but I ended up missing 2 nightly doses. What I experienced was nothing short of being in hell, literally. I physically was incapable of movement, getting up to simply get to the restroom was near impossible, every muscle in my body was weak & near useless. I couldn't do anything but remain in a fetal position curled up on my side for the duration of over 12 hours. My head was cloudy, confused & unable to process any thought. After this experience, I want off"

MarkyBy June 21, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was on Seroquel for a long time and then I overdosed on it and was taken off. For the next 2 years I suffered from horrible anxiety, paranoia, ocd, panic etc. and ended up in the hospital twice for very long stays (2 months). I had ECT and nothing seemed to help. Finally my therapist suggested to the psychiatrist that he put me on Seroquel. It is like a miracle drug! I no longer have anxiety and OCD"

anxietyfree June 20, 2015

For Insomnia: "I've been taking Quetiapine for over 15 years, I started off taking 25 mg and over the years it was increased to 1000mg a night. Recently found out that my liver is double the size and I am quite concerned. I have been lowering my dose to 450 mg a night with clonazepam and I am still sleeping. I haven't had vivid dreams but started getting panic attacks last year. To be honest I am scared of the affects of taking this medication for over 15 years, my doctors, while being concerned haven't checked my blood regularly and now I am scared to death about my liver, reviews say that I need to stop taking this drug..but it works... Please make sure that you are having regular bloodwork done every 3 months. But this is the best sleep aid out there!"

Knike74 June 16, 2015

For Insomnia: "The doctor prescribed this med for my insomnia, accompanied by depression and anxiety. This was a total NIGHTMARE!! Not only was I wide awake all night, I experienced extreme paranoia, and hallucinations. I will definitely never take this again."

azkat123 June 16, 2015

For Depression: "I have been struggling to find a medication for my simple depression for about a year in a half now, basically tried all ssri's and s couple of others, I am now on 40 mg of prozac ( which I feel like I don't need) and 150 mg of regular seroquel before bed, the xr made me really tired and moody, plus the expense was outrageous, but trying the regular I finally feel myself again, although its my first day taking it I feel balanced out and basically normal again. Ps if your struggling out their keep fighting! God put the hardest problems on us for a reason!"

Tom 17 June 13, 2015

For Insomnia: "I was went to doc today because of having a bad experience being weened off of Cymbalta for fibro pain and sleep insomnia so today I was given serquel 100mg and told to start with 50mg I did so at 11am this morning unforetunately with in 20 mins I feel like I could not stand nor keep my eyes open and very tired I barely made it to bed I slept from 11am ish to 130am yes that long with only waking once when my husband came home and he was banging on door that he couldn't get in. The top locked was locked I let him in and almost fell to the floor tryin to get back in bed and felt like I was in a coma and had no idea if it was day or night I went back to slept I couldn't do much more (should've went to ER ) but I slept again till 130am with wakin once more"

DianaTrod June 13, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "started Seroquel at night combined with Effexor during the day for bipolar and it's changing my life and saving my marriage. Where I used to have one good day a week, I have one bad day a week. Upped from 50mgs to 100mgs because it's effectiveness wore off mid day and recently added topamax because I've been attempting to lose weight (I have not gained, but it's harder to lose)."

Radcher June 11, 2015