User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 13 reviews 46 medications

5.5
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 731 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Seroquel has changed my life so much. The only regret I have about taking it is that I didn't take it much earlier in life. I used to be a very anxious, shy girl. Now people describe me as outgoing, life of the party. I no longer feel afraid of people and I don't have panic attacks like I used to. The only side effect I experienced was a 30 pound weight gain within a year (which is unusual on a low dose of 150mg per day). My dr. had added topamax to curb my appetite and it is working. Overall, I love seroquel."

K. p February 8, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was prescribed Seroquel as an emergency anxiety medication several months ago. It definitely helps in a pinch, but it caused me to gain weight and made me very zombie-like. However, I do not have any of the conditions it is most prescribed for so I'm not sure how well it works for everyone else."

orangetoday2313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016

For Insomnia: "I've been taking quetiapine 75mg at night due to my severe post natal depression and anxiety. I've been taking quetiapine for 6 months now and it has been an amazing medication for me to help me sleep. I've suffered terrible panic and insomnia and now I can finally get some rest."

nikkidwallywoo February 5, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have had severe depression and anxiety for a long time. Adding to that, I was sexually assaulted and now also have PTSD. Long story short, I became addicted to opiates and am now in recovery. Being in recovery, I embarked on a journey to get my mental health under control. I was diagnosed with Bi Polar 2 and PTSD. I take Seroquel at night with Lamictal, and Lithium twice daily. The Seroquel is a must for me. After five years of flashbacks, panic attacks, and night terrors over my rape, I can finally get a full night of sleep. I have asthma and it doesn't bother it, and I'm on 100mg per night. I saw one reviewer say do not take seroquel if you have asthma. The truth is EVERYONE is different. Seroquel works great for me."

Jacob Ethridge February 5, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I tried taking Seroquel when I was a teenager. Everytime I took it it would knock me out & I would sleep the whole day away. Needless to say, I wasn't on it for very long."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on this med in 2010 for a year. The dose went from 25mg up to 400mg. The first few weeks were very difficult. It knocked me out cold and I had such a blocked nose I could hardly breathe. I toughed it out and my depression lifted. I stopped taking it because of really bad blocked nose. I have just had a major depressive episode (2015) with insomnia. I was prescribed 100mg. It worked within 24 hours. I was able to sleep for 9 hours and feel refreshed and energized. The depression and anxiety have improved dramatically. This time I'll stay on Seroquel."

JaxWebb (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I almost passed out on 20mg.'s. My pulse was a dangerously low 40 b.p.m.. This is a very dangerous drug that has been linked to sudden deaths when combined with at least 12 other medications."

scammed (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2016

For Insomnia: "Because of my adhd I couldnt sleep at night. With this medication I get a full night of sleep and I can finally enjoy daytime. It's amazing. I use 12.5mg."

Jacqeline January 24, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "After many years of sleep problems due to my ADHD I was prescribes seroquel 12.5 mg instead of melatonin. This medicine knocked me out in an hour. I finally can sleep again. Seems like during daytime my mood is a bit more stable."

Rob zine January 23, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been taking 25 mg for sleep for over 15 years. I have found that if I take it about 30 to 45 minutes before eating I get sleepy much faster than if I take the medication near bedtime.."

wy-oldtimer (taken for 10 years or more) January 21, 2016

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This medication has been a real life-saver. I had struggled with heavy depressions interspersed with hypomania for a few years before I was eventually diagnosed with Bipolar 2 Disorder, for which I was prescribed this. The initial 50mg did nothing except be an overrated sleep pill, but the boost to 300mg for bipolar depression helped begin to mellow me out, and a few weeks later I was starting to experience a life free of devastating mood swings. I've read horror stories online, but I experienced nothing of the sort (actually *lost* weight in the past few months). It's a shame there's risks with long-term use, I would happily take this forever otherwise - these past few months have been nice and happy and productive for me thanks to this."

HayleyQuell (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am on 600 mg a day 2x300. It is being used to help with depressive episodes of bipolar which I get more than the highs. It seems to of helped stop the very very lows but I still feel low with little energy or motivation. My appetite seems about the same although I have put on weight but that's down to me not working now. Sleepwise I struggle to get to sleep but once I'm asleep I sleep for about 8 hours."

Madmick. January 20, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "My Dr started me out at 200 mg at bedtime and 100 mg in the morning. I have found sleep comes much more naturally. Esp after the 200 dose at bedtime. And the 100mg in the morning keeps me balanced throughout the day.I am happy with my results for my Major depression."

Marine 1 January 20, 2016

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm currently 30 and a male. My depression has only worsened since (and before) my initial diagnosis of depression and generalized, social and "acute" anxiety 13 years ago. I've been in a major depression for at least five years, tried to kill myself twice and am unable to take care of myself. I've lived alone since I left for college in 2003. I still live alone here. I've been on any SSRI I can think of, so this was a last resort med. Seroquel has made me much too tired to work or do anything else. The only stars I gave it relate to the reduced anxiety when I'm ACTUALLY AWAKE. Other than that, I'm more numb than I ever and are at risk of losing my job"

Might be done January 19, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Turned me into a dribbling zombie. Everyone thought I was drunk. Horrible."

salyy65346757 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have fibromyalgia lots of pain from back neck legs and feet. I've tried everything to Xanax that work but new doctor change me to Seroquel 50mg. Melatonin 5mg. valuim 5mg this is only thing lets me sleep through the nite I can still get up to go to bathroom and go back to sleep. The only con is I still don't feel rested after I wake up But thirty mins max after taking I'm out"

Rhee47 January 16, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am dx'd with bipolar II plus other psych diagnoses and have tried multiple meds since 2004 and all of them caused such horrible side effects that I couldn't take them. Now in 2016 I am willing to try again. I fought my Dr for many years and she insisted that If I would only listen to her that I would feel much better and not have to suffer with my rollercoaster emotions. The down is so bad now that I finally couldn't stand myself any longer so I told her I'm willing to try Seroquel. I took it for a month only to find out that it causes VERY low libido. I know that sanity is more important than a libido, but come on!!! Isn't there an RX that works like Seroquel without the low libido effect? Help!!! otherwise this medicine is perfect."

lintek (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I'm not sure how I feel about this drug helping with my bipolar. I'm on lamictal for that and was put on seroquel to help with it until I was on a high enough dosage of that and truly did not feel it made any difference. I have stayed on a low dose of seroquel simply because I LOVE the sedative effects. If there was an option on here for the reason we were taking it was "insomnia" I would have put that. I never realized how awful I was sleeping until this medicine. 50mg a night and I get an amazing nights sleep. No more waking up to every little sound despite sleeping with a noise maker. It's amazing."

Mellooo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was put on Seroquel for severe anxiety and suspected bipolar. Let me begin with this. Do not EVER TAKE THIS IF YOU HAVE ASTHMA. You know that horrible drying effect that many antihistamines have resulting in asthma attacks? This is much worse. I started out with an 8th of a tablet (12.5mg). This gave me a calm, sleepy feeling that would put me to sleep for bed and would last until roughly 5pm the next day. But when I upped the dose to 37.2mg I had a really bad asthma attack, heart pounding and my ears rang which lasted 2 weeks after I discontinued the med. Not a pleasant experience for someone with severe anxiety. Be very cautious. Up the dosage more slowly than the MD recommends. I was to start 50mg/night"

Tacodog (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for : "I'm 47 and have severe insomnia associated with Young Onset Parkinson's. Normally I take stilnox/Ambien nightly for sleep but recently I went through a 2 month period when the Ambien was not working effectively so my doctor gave me this stuff...It gave me the worst, most vivid nightmares I can ever remember having. Thankfully the Ambien is back to working so I won't be taking this horrendous stuff ever again.....If you have Parkinson's, I would definitely just say no to seroguel as I have talked to several other Parkinson's patients that have had a bad time with it."

Draco2023a (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been on Quetiaphine for sleep for 5 weeks now and I have been sleeping great! I have had no side effects except the first 2 days it took a while to get out of my system in the late morning early to early afternoon, now just a good nights sleep and refreshed and ready to go first thing in the morning. I have severe sleep issue this has been a life saver along with escitalopram for depression/anxiety."

Brenda V January 13, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Misdiagnosed as bipolar when it was GAD. Weaned myself off after severe blood pressure and white blood cell drops. Dr. refused to help me stop this drug and refused to change diagnosis. I weaned myself off - it took almost 3 mos. it's been over a year and my sleep pattern has been destroyed. New doctor has me on Trazadone - 250mg, which I took in the past. Now the Trazadone only keeps me asleep 3-4 hours. White blood cell count and blood pressure have normalized. "

M-Li January 10, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I've been taking seroquel for 17 years . I am diagnosed as schizophrenic but for the last 10 years I have had very little symptoms. After 6 years of being shifted from one med to another all of which made me feel awful, made me put on weight and had no effect on my condition.I was happy to be put on seroquel purely because I felt normal but still had very little effect on my symptoms. I was very reluctant to change meds again so stuck with it . I had my energy back and was getting out exercising and started to loose the weight I'd put on . The schizophrenia was still there but at least I was getting a break from just sitting there with it. It took a while but after 2-3 years the symptoms started to decrease and just kept on decreasing ."

Bazzzaaa1 (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2016

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on citolopram (celexa), lithium 1250 mg daily and olanzapine 20 mg and a lot of benzos. A state run mental health clinic opened in a local town so I stopped seeing the private psychiatrist and started to attend the public clinic. The psychiatrist was revolutionary. She immediately stopped the anti-depressant because it was elevating mood into mania. She dropped lithium to one dose at night to aid kidney wear and tear. She stopped olanzapine because I was still having mild persistent psychosis and put me on 800mg of quetiapine (seroquel). The first week was tough I was very nauseous and sleepy but once my body adjusted it was much better. The mix of quetiapine and lithium is really working for me."

mrsnowe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Last year I was put on Effexor for anxiety and ended up becoming manic. The doctor in the ER put me on this and Epival to stop the rapid cycling mania. Now that I have it under control, they removed the Epival but kept me on this for my extreme anxiety. I take 600mgs at night, it is a pretty high dose, but the higher the dose with this med , the less sedating it is believe it or not. It has been a life saver, yes, the first month was tough, I would wake up slurring my words and very confused, but now after 5 months it works great. I have no gained much weight from it, around 15lbs, which I needed as I was severely underweight . I am very happy with this medication, it calms my ADD and my anxiety."

Anon112233 January 3, 2016