User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

6.6
Tourette's Syndrome 1 reviews 11 medications

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 624 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Quetiapine

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "It's a great medication. It helps me out a lot, the only thing is the weight gain. I've gain 30 pounds being on seroquel, if only there's another medicine you can take with it so you don't gain the weight that would be great"

kecasue (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2015

For : "I was prescribed seroquel to mitigate my vyvanse over stimulation. At first I was alarmed because it is used to treat schizophrenia. It still bothers Mr that it is an anti-psychotic med.... anyway even on this vyvanse this med makes me really drowsy all day after taking it at bedtime. I hate it."

adhdgurl (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2015

For Intermittent Explosive Disorder: "After many combos of medications used to control my IED (intermittent explosive disorder) within a few months of taking Seroquel, my rages stopped. This is an amazing and very effective medication. I'm only on Seroquel versus the 4 meds I was on prior"

TwiztidAngel August 28, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "Hate this med. Constantly sick on it. Stomach pain, severe diarrhea, passing out, severe dizziness and unable to wake up. Hungry for food all the time. Nasty taste in mouth. Thirsty all the time. Can't motivate myself to do anything. This was on the lowest dose available. Won't take it ever again don't care what my doctor says. No way."

sick constantly (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Seroquel has been pimped out by Astra Zeneca as some kind of wonder drug when in fact it is messy, highly sedative, and possibly life-threatening. This medication acts on pretty much every receptor, even histamine. It doesn't really seem selective at the least when you analyze it's affect on the brain. This 'medicine' dopes you up more than any drug I've seen. Even heroin addicts have more energy and ambition. It simply is an all around slowly poisoning anyone who takes these horse tranquilizers; they turn your brain to mush! Get off them as fast as possible. I was lucky to be able to quit with very little adverse effects."

Alexander-X (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Took Seroquel XR for about 2 months, experienced help with sleep issues for about a week before that wore off. Gained at least 20 lbs in this time frame, due to increased appetite and general weight gain due to the drug. Never really seemed to help my bipolar disorder- the other medicines I take do that."

kingofredlions (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2015

For Insomnia: "Lately, due to a lot of stress because of an ex boyfriend harassing and threatening me, I've been staying awake all night and not being able to fall asleep and it had been increasing the anxiety SO MUCH. Well I went to my doctor and she gave me 25mg of Seroquel to take at night. And this is where I will add my "WOW" haha! This pill has been a LIFE SAVER. I can sleep through the entire night and do not wake up at all. But If I need to wake up, I can without a problem. Medications work differently for everyone. But for me it's worked wonders. So thankful!"

sbrant1994 (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been diagnosed with bipolar 1(Runs in family)borderline personality, gen anxiety and epilepsy. I take 400 XR mg of serequal at night with 1mg lorazepam,60mg mirtazapine(SNRI), 10mg lexapro(SSRI) in the morn, 1000mg of depakote in morn and 1300mg at night, 100mg of lamotrigine in morn and 200mg at night-before seroquel I still had the mania and depression although less intense due to my other med levels finally correct, but once on seroquel the length between phases has been much longer, and to a point even lessened the intensity of the highs and lows more , Between phases I've felt more life, calmness, happy and much more. I totally recommend this drug. It's only major side effect for me has been weight gain(a lot of)"

glynn Connah August 16, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I sometimes hear negetive of Seroquel. At first i had bad giddiness and light head. I wanted to stop but was recommented to stay on it and I did. I changed to XR and i havent looked back. Its been three years, if I hear a off handed remark at the chemist thats its not popular, i tell them i would not change, i tried Zyprexa but it wasnt good for me, i lasted not even a full foil. Seroquel isnt too bad on the weight, and a better diet or and exercise would help. For me this is a great med, and i dont want to change, it helps with so much, it has many uses. The tiredness you can have wears off and as time goes by your body gets used to it. It is tiring, but small price to pay. Im sticking with Seroquel. I am a positive vote."

Eliza_nsw August 15, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am on 700mg every day, my dose is always increasing. It doesn't knock me out anymore. I took 700mg a couple hours ago and I'm still wide awake. Each time my dose goes up I'm stable for a week or two but then I start to go crazy again pretty quick."

melisah (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for : "I was on Seroquel XR 350 mg for 3 years to treat clinical depression and anxiety. The only problems were the weight gain (about 80 pounds in 3 years), a general "zombie" feeling that made concentrating a little difficult, and some short-term memory problems but all of that was worth it since my moods were finally stable. Come to find out I was misdiagnosed and now I'm being treated with Topamax for Bipolar II, but if that doesn't work, it's back to Seroquel. I suggest trying it to anyone who hasn't had luck with other medications. Once you get past 150 mg it might knock you out pretty quick, so take it at night and give yourself enough time for a solid 8 hours because you might not wake up before that."

Sarcastrophe August 11, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for : "I have been on 100mg of this for a few months now. For me it's harder to wake up than fall asleep but sort out my paranoid thoughts, my psychologist told me if any one is fully schizophrenic they are on minimum 600mg, which makes me feel a little better in myself. Anyway I'm trailing off subject, medication works for me, obviously your doctor will prescribe you with what should work for you, but I would definitely recommend if u suffer from insomnia and paranoid thoughts, and you can suggest medications if you feel you need to change. Anyway it worked for.me good luck to the rest of you."

Twigzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel helped my mental status but I couldn't take being tired all the time and the weight gain was ridiculous even with eating healthy and working out six days a week. To get off of it you have to taper so slow. When I dropped from 12.5mg to 0mg I went through terrible withdrawals way worse than stopping opiates. Throwing up, flu symptoms, I lived in bed and was close to wanting to just quit. I was worthless from day three of stopping to day nine. I woke up on day ten feeling back to my old self and so happy to be free of this stuff they call seroquel"

Cleo13 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 6, 2015

For Depression: "I have PTSD and bipolar OCD and agrophobia. I'm on 5 mg diazepam, 300 pregablin 225 quetiapine and 408 lymecycline these all daily dosages. I find it spaces me out a fair bit and i do eat more BUT its been an overnight success for me its made life bearable again."

Pikeypete August 5, 2015

For Depression: "Really good for sleep when not too anxious(25mg) but when over anxious doesn't work for me. I didn't find it very good for suicidal tendencies/depression."

Do I have a name?? August 5, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been on this for over two years for bipolar.and insomnia, with 300 mg being at bedtime. It helps me sleep with very few side effects, it I know lots of others who can't even take the smallest dose without problems. We all react differently, I know. For instance some people swear by Depakote, but that stuff was a nightmare for me."

Jasper839 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 4, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This medicine works great but the side effects was just to much. Gained 83 pounds in 9 months of being on it."

TyTy3643 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 4, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "Hi there, I speak on behalf of my own experiences of this medication. I suffer from manic depression bipolar and have had an undiagnosed psychiatric history of 5 years. I get aggressive and violent, hallucinate followed by full psychotic systems. I take 1 25mg 4-3 times a day, just very sleepy."

DR Owen (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on this medication for about a month now, tried pretty much all ssris for depression and over time found out i had bipolar 2. This medicine work fairly well, helps your memory, and keeps your moods at a fairly stable place. I'm on 300 mgs now and I was on 150mg, all in all pretty good medication."

Tom1998 July 24, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking seroquil for 18 months and have gained about 30 lb. I take 200mg at night and find I feel as if I am starving and eat crazy amounts sugary food that I crave. I find that when I wake my eyes have a haze over them for a half hour or so. If I miss a dose I can not sleep no matter how much I try. I get a clenched jaw and grind my teeth when I miss a dose. I was in prison and sometimes was not given the opportunity to take it. Those nights and days were long. I will say that it helps slow the mind down and it is amazing to get to sleep. With that said after taking it I was ready for bed in about 20min whether I wanted to sleep then or not. When I tried stopping I did not sleep right for months."

happy80004 July 23, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "In the beginning I was on 300 mg of seroquel (not extended release) for 3 years. Got pregnant they took me off. I moved provinces they ended up putting me back on a smaller dose 150mg sleeping wise I would go to sleep right away and stay asleep all night. For the past 2 months they decided to put me on 150mg seroquel xl now it takes me hours to fall asleep and I wake up constantly throughout the night and have a hard time falling back asleep! I feel like xl does not work near as good depression wise and sleeping wise."

Amanda7106 July 23, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I am going on this drug with the dose of 12,5 mg and it is so effective for sleeping. My purpose for taking this drug is insomnia. I just cut the 25 mg tablet into two halves.Side effect of feeling sedation is proiminent for me the next day, I hope I can get used to this effect in a short period."

templier (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I was a recon marine 1989/1999 and saw action in Kuwait, Somalia and Bosnia. I came home and self medicated with alcohol to escape the mental strains of what I had to do there. After marrying my wife, and enjoying what I thought what a normal retired Marine life was, she realized I had a problem. After getting me to commit to a mental health regiment , the doctor prescribed Serequel. With a 100mg starting dose, twice a day, the drinking that I've been doing for 10 years every night stopped completely. I'm now Taking 300 milligrams 2 times a day and have no ill effects. To the contrary, my dreams are so peaceful that I can't wait to lay down and go to sleep. I have experienced the herky jerky muscle movements at times when I walk, but not"

devildog43 July 21, 2015

For Insomnia: "I got prescribed Quetiapine(25mg) about 2 months ago, doctor told me to take 1-2 tablets a night,I found myself having to keep getting up and taking more throughout the night as I still wasn't asleep, it gave me headaches everyday, I was slurring my words and I would loose big chunks of my memory"

Hddujn July 18, 2015

For Insomnia: "I was on quitapex for about 9months Taking every night before sleep 25mg only It was an amazing medication Till my blood pressure has fallen to about 90/60 And sometimes 80/50 So I have stopped taking it Now I have to deal with my anxiety only taking nodeprine and exercising a lot Trying to avoid putting myself through the burnout area by taking vacation every now and then ."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2015