User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

6.6
Tourette's Syndrome 1 reviews 12 medications

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 595 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Insomnia: "This med has caused ET dysfunction which may be permanent. It has terrible withdrawal side effects so I am having difficulty tapering off. I wish I was told about this is like before getting on it .I regret ever taking it."

Giffordw June 28, 2015

For Insomnia: "At the smallest dose (I believe 25 mg) I didnt have any blackouts like I did with ambien and I could easily fall asleep. I liked this drug because it didn't give me dry mouth, I could wake up when I had to and not feel hungover the next day"

Shy Sea Otter June 26, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I've been on seroquel twice now. I was hearing voices all day that affected my PTSD, then it was a falling block thing with my anxiety and depression. I love this medication because I also have sleeping problems - falling asleep and staying asleep. There's XR and non XR (time release). I'm on 450; the higher you are on, the longer it takes to fall asleep. The only bad thing about this medication is weight gain. Be careful with that. I did research on all schizophrenic medications and they all cause weight gain. Just a note; the reason I pay $60 is because I need to take 300 + 150 to make 450. The XR is $15 more. I go under blue cross blue shield, if this helps anyone."

ZeldaKitten June 22, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I went from talking 120mgs of Cymbalta to taking 150 mgs of Seroquel XR just over one year ago. I fortunately did not suffer from any if the initial side effects that I've now researched & have learned are really common when starting this medication. However, 1 month ago, I'm not sure why but I ended up missing 2 nightly doses. What I experienced was nothing short of being in hell, literally. I physically was incapable of movement, getting up to simply get to the restroom was near impossible, every muscle in my body was weak & near useless. I couldn't do anything but remain in a fetal position curled up on my side for the duration of over 12 hours. My head was cloudy, confused & unable to process any thought. After this experience, I want off"

MarkyBy June 21, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was on Seroquel for a long time and then I overdosed on it and was taken off. For the next 2 years I suffered from horrible anxiety, paranoia, ocd, panic etc. and ended up in the hospital twice for very long stays (2 months). I had ECT and nothing seemed to help. Finally my therapist suggested to the psychiatrist that he put me on Seroquel. It is like a miracle drug! I no longer have anxiety and OCD"

anxietyfree June 20, 2015

For Insomnia: "I've been taking Quetiapine for over 15 years, I started off taking 25 mg and over the years it was increased to 1000mg a night. Recently found out that my liver is double the size and I am quite concerned. I have been lowering my dose to 450 mg a night with clonazepam and I am still sleeping. I haven't had vivid dreams but started getting panic attacks last year. To be honest I am scared of the affects of taking this medication for over 15 years, my doctors, while being concerned haven't checked my blood regularly and now I am scared to death about my liver, reviews say that I need to stop taking this drug..but it works... Please make sure that you are having regular bloodwork done every 3 months. But this is the best sleep aid out there!"

Knike74 June 16, 2015

For Insomnia: "The doctor prescribed this med for my insomnia, accompanied by depression and anxiety. This was a total NIGHTMARE!! Not only was I wide awake all night, I experienced extreme paranoia, and hallucinations. I will definitely never take this again."

azkat123 June 16, 2015

For Depression: "I have been struggling to find a medication for my simple depression for about a year in a half now, basically tried all ssri's and s couple of others, I am now on 40 mg of prozac ( which I feel like I don't need) and 150 mg of regular seroquel before bed, the xr made me really tired and moody, plus the expense was outrageous, but trying the regular I finally feel myself again, although its my first day taking it I feel balanced out and basically normal again. Ps if your struggling out their keep fighting! God put the hardest problems on us for a reason!"

Tom 17 June 13, 2015

For Insomnia: "I was went to doc today because of having a bad experience being weened off of Cymbalta for fibro pain and sleep insomnia so today I was given serquel 100mg and told to start with 50mg I did so at 11am this morning unforetunately with in 20 mins I feel like I could not stand nor keep my eyes open and very tired I barely made it to bed I slept from 11am ish to 130am yes that long with only waking once when my husband came home and he was banging on door that he couldn't get in. The top locked was locked I let him in and almost fell to the floor tryin to get back in bed and felt like I was in a coma and had no idea if it was day or night I went back to slept I couldn't do much more (should've went to ER ) but I slept again till 130am with wakin once more"

DianaTrod June 13, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "started Seroquel at night combined with Effexor during the day for bipolar and it's changing my life and saving my marriage. Where I used to have one good day a week, I have one bad day a week. Upped from 50mgs to 100mgs because it's effectiveness wore off mid day and recently added topamax because I've been attempting to lose weight (I have not gained, but it's harder to lose)."

Radcher June 11, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "After trying the most of medication for my depression/ mixed state, seroquel finally worked out. Made racing thougts go away and my mood is finally back to normal again. Feel happy and relaxed. I also take 150 mg venlafaxine. Best medicine i ever tryed is seroquel. No weigh gain for me. This medicine is a lifesaver for me."

Tesseklem77 June 10, 2015

For Insomnia: "I'm a 26 year old white male. I have been taking seroquel for sleep for about a year now, my doctor prescribed me 400mg quick release to start, the first time I took it, within an hour, I felt like I was having a heart attack, my heart beat sped up an incredible amount and I was terrified. Later had the dose lowered to 200 mg and the heart rate issue was much less but still there, I have been taking the 200mg dose for about a year now. It helps me fall asleep within an hour of taking it and I get pretty decent sleep, not sure how deep it is but I sleep. I've read about how prolonged usage of seroquel is like a chemical lobotomy, I hope this is not true. I am a creative type and I have a lower creativity level ever since I started taking it."

ddjenkins June 6, 2015

For Depression: "I suffered from high anxiety, panic, deep depression - started on Seroquel 25 morning and 25 night, coupled with 75mg Tofranil at night. These two combinations saved my life. Seroquel took some getting used to, have gained some weight and had some vision problems, but all in all feeling so much better, would highly recommend Seroquel for anxiety related issues."

Green eyed girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for : "good for insomnia most of the time"

y knot May 27, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "3 months 200 mg at night. This medicine has helped me be in control of my thoughts. Before starting Quetiapine, I was struggling a lot with depression, and on the flip side racing thoughts and overactivity. Had a failed and bad experience with SSRI-antidepressants. + Helps limit your brain activity to normal parameters. + Makes you sleep sound + Let´s you concentrate on what you want. - Weight gain - Hangover tiredness the next day. - Subtle antidepressant effect. It is more a mood stabiliser in my experience. All in all it does the job, and it can be invaluable when looking back at one´s life."

Mike26yo (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Seroquel is awesome. 300mg kicked my butt. It took a year to drop down to 100mg. No matter the dosage, I don't snap out of it until mid day. Best sleep ever. Gained a lot of weight. My worst side effect is tight muscles, in legs more than anywhere."

What's normal (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "So I started on this two weeks ago may need to go a bit stronger as over time when I was younger just tried to mellow out on illegal drugs. Seraquil is the best thing I have tried I am 32 and just been diagnosed with bipolar. Doesn't make me sleepy makes me hungry a lil bit. But has changed my life stopped the agitation and horrible thoughts that run riot in my head. Just slows it done and I am able to see clearly. I am only on a mild dose but in saying this I'm glad I take one when I can feel my mania coming on."

Halz May 23, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Not bad, but the weight gain and how tired it made me, eventually led me to go off of it."

dnc1987 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2015

For Insomnia: "I do feel that I have a better sleep with 100mg of seroquel XR. I have, however, had adverse effects with the quick release (Non XR) with this medication I have nightmares, vivid dreams and poor sleep."

sleepless in Victoria (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2015

For Insomnia: "I am bipolar and suffer from severe insomnia. I take 400 MG of Seroquel XR in the early evening, and 100 MG of regular Seroquel at bedtime. It works pretty well, and I am not overly tired the next morning. It did cause vivid dreams and nightmares, but I take 5 MG of Prazosin at bedtime for the dreams, and it definitely helps."

Most helpful medicine so far. (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2015

For Insomnia: "I'm 20 and I've delt with my insomnia my whole life but it started getting really bad when I was in 5th grade. I've gone to every doctor you can think of and the ONLY thing that has ever helped me is quetiapine. I sleep 6 or more hours a night and usually fall asleep within an hour of taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 7, 2015

For Intermittent Explosive Disorder: "Seroquel stopped my explosive disorder like a light switch being turned off. Excellent medicine"

Danik April 28, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I take seroquel and have taken higher doses when I was heavier at 300 lbs I was taking 900mg and my new doc cannot believe my psychiatrist was prescribing me that high of a dose just to help me sleep. Once I had weight loss surgery I could only handle about 150mg I am up to 300mg. The thing I like best about seroquel is it will knock you out and you will get good sleep. Now occasionally I have taken one and a half pills if I want to fall asleep quicker but you really have to be careful with this drug because many things can happen. The side effects I've experienced mainly is trouble swallowing which scares me to death when I'm trying to sleep and I'm panicking & my heartbeats racing yet I can't swallow. So be very careful with dosages."

headdy20 April 27, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "While this medication hasn't solved everything, 50mg of every night it has helped me get some of my life back. My anxiety was so bad that I couldn't eat or work. This has really helped with the more "mental" symptoms of anxiety whereas other medications mostly just helped with the physical (sweaty palms, tremors, chills). It also has helped me sleep tremendously, though I do have some trouble getting up in the morning. No other side effects."

sjm1986 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 27, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Helped me sleep, when even benzos and ambien didn't. Also helps with my lack of appetite. I did gain 45lbs the first few months, but eventually I lost the weight. I actually liked the weight gain, I've been underweight my whole life. As far as anxiety, I'd say it helps me relax but doesn't slow my mind down like the Xanax I used to take. Still, mildly effective for anxiety. Download card from website, 30 day supply w no insurance will cost $11, without card, $77. Big difference."

Z Box (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2015