User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Quetiapine review summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 5 medications used in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Reviews for Quetiapine to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Review by sparkymarky (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine): Felt like I was in a chemical straight jacket.

November 24, 2012 11:24 AM
Review by BeachD1 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

quetiapine: Various incidents in Viet Nam combat, intel work of over two decades slowly became an affect on sleep. The use of therapies, 12 steps, counseling all left something still not quite right. When an enlightened physician in the VAMC psych ward dosed Seroquel at 100 mg three daily, first sleep in 30 yrs. At 200 mg nightly, no more dreams of conflict, resulting in a life saved, a definite sleep within 45 min., usually six to eight hours. Waking easily, up for a happy day every day.

September 13, 2012 8:37 AM
Review by DylanS (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine): 300 mg 4x/day. I used to have horrible hyper-vigilance, hyper-startle, anxiety, paranoia, insomnia symptoms. NOTHING (meditation, yoga, EMDR, etc.) helped that much, let alone fix it. So, the doctor said to try this. Because of my side-effect sensitivity, my doctor started me on 25 mg. That first night, I slept a full night for the first time in months. But then I started sleeping too much - up to 14 hrs a day on the weekends. We backed off to 12.5 mg & my life CHANGED. I'm under more stress right now so my dose is back to 25 mg & I'm doing great on it. It pulls me down out of that watchfulness that prevents me from doing anything but surviving (and poorly, at that). For me, after a near-lifetime of struggle, this is a miracle.

June 29, 2012 3:29 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): Within three days basically all my anxiety is gone, and I feel fantastic! FINALLY a doctor and psychologist worked together to treat what they said "unique" problem. I had anxiety all the time but wasn't depressed. So I'm one happy lady, and I'm sure my kids are loving there old mum back.

May 28, 2012 10:20 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): A little tired some mornings which can occasionally last during the day. As a medicine, it is amazing, makes me strong mentally and relaxed.

May 26, 2012 4:09 AM
Review by kaz5a: User Rating:

quetiapine: Has made me hypertensive.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 16, 2011 10:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine): It helps me feel somewhat normal for a change.

January 4, 2011 3:21 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine): This drug did not work for me. The sedating effects were almost more than I could handle, and I constantly had the feeling of being "underwater" as I tried to talk and communicate with those around me. It worked on my symptoms a little bit, but not enough to make up for the weirdness I felt from the side effects. I was on a dose of 300mg 4x a day so I don't know if that would produce worse side effects or not.

July 2, 2010 12:07 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine): The side effects that most complain about are what I love most about this medication. I am a 5'9" male in the Army that had lost weight all the way down to 128 lbs and was sleeping 3-4 hours a night on average. I have been on Seroquel for 4 months. I weigh 165lbs now and sleep 8-9 hours a night

February 12, 2010 1:16 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): This medication is very effective in relieving post traumatic stress disorder but has side effects like high blood sugar, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, lack of bladder control.

June 27, 2009 4:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine): Seroquel has helped to reduce my post traumatic stress disorder symptoms by 3/4's. I am mostly living a "normal" life again and the anxiety, fear and psychosis is nearly gone after one and a half years on it. It is working for me and I am on a low dose of 40mgs per night.

April 6, 2009 10:26 PM