User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Quetiapine Review Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Reviews for Quetiapine to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

"I have only just begun a week ago 25mg to start. So far the worst of my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder symptoms: panic upon waking, has subsided. Increasing dose tomorrow as still anxious through the day."

Can't find name not in use (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2015

"Vietnam, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) went FUBAR 15 years ago. That's the first time I contacted the VA or even heard of PTSD. One severe symptom was inability to sleep. VA was very slow to give me an appointment so I went to a private shrink who got me on Seroquel. VA has kept me on it since. Taking this, I have been able to get a good night's sleep every night since. Since then and to this date, if I forget to take it, I either can't fall asleep at all or doze off for about 45 min, then wake up wide awake, and can't get back to sleep . The FDA hasn't approved this for PTSD sleep disorders, but should do so immediately. I've had no side effects whatsoever, unlike many other medicines I've been on/off for PTSD."

LZ Bronco (taken for 10 years or more) July 5, 2014

"I went to a psychiatrist last week for post traumatic stress disorder having been diagnosed by the VA when I retired. I was put on 50 mg quetiapine. While in two days my lifetime nail biting ceased and I feel less anxious I am tired as heck."

SGM June 22, 2014

"50 mg a night & I can sleep through the night. As soon as I skip a dose my panic comes right back. The only downside is I'm tired all day from it but unable to nap."

BrianaG May 30, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine): "Felt like I was in a chemical straight jacket."

sparkymarky (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 24, 2012

"Various incidents in Viet Nam combat, intel work of over two decades slowly became an affect on sleep. The use of therapies, 12 steps, counseling all left something still not quite right. When an enlightened physician in the VAMC psych ward dosed Seroquel at 100 mg three daily, first sleep in 30 yrs. At 200 mg nightly, no more dreams of conflict, resulting in a life saved, a definite sleep within 45 min., usually six to eight hours. Waking easily, up for a happy day every day."

BeachD1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine): "300 mg 4x/day. I used to have horrible hyper-vigilance, hyper-startle, anxiety, paranoia, insomnia symptoms. NOTHING (meditation, yoga, EMDR, etc.) helped that much, let alone fix it. So, the doctor said to try this. Because of my side-effect sensitivity, my doctor started me on 25 mg. That first night, I slept a full night for the first time in months. But then I started sleeping too much - up to 14 hrs a day on the weekends. We backed off to 12.5 mg & my life CHANGED. I'm under more stress right now so my dose is back to 25 mg & I'm doing great on it. It pulls me down out of that watchfulness that prevents me from doing anything but surviving (and poorly, at that). For me, after a near-lifetime of struggle, this is a miracle."

DylanS (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 29, 2012

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): "Within three days basically all my anxiety is gone, and I feel fantastic! FINALLY a doctor and psychologist worked together to treat what they said "unique" problem. I had anxiety all the time but wasn't depressed. So I'm one happy lady, and I'm sure my kids are loving there old mum back."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2012

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): "A little tired some mornings which can occasionally last during the day. As a medicine, it is amazing, makes me strong mentally and relaxed."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2012

"Has made me hypertensive."

kaz5a June 16, 2011

Seroquel (quetiapine): "It helps me feel somewhat normal for a change."

Anonymous January 4, 2011

Seroquel (quetiapine): "This drug did not work for me. The sedating effects were almost more than I could handle, and I constantly had the feeling of being "underwater" as I tried to talk and communicate with those around me. It worked on my symptoms a little bit, but not enough to make up for the weirdness I felt from the side effects. I was on a dose of 300mg 4x a day so I don't know if that would produce worse side effects or not."

Anonymous July 2, 2010

Seroquel (quetiapine): "The side effects that most complain about are what I love most about this medication. I am a 5'9" male in the Army that had lost weight all the way down to 128 lbs and was sleeping 3-4 hours a night on average. I have been on Seroquel for 4 months. I weigh 165lbs now and sleep 8-9 hours a night"

Anonymous February 12, 2010

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): "This medication is very effective in relieving post traumatic stress disorder but has side effects like high blood sugar, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, lack of bladder control. "

Anonymous June 27, 2009

Seroquel (quetiapine): "Seroquel has helped to reduce my post traumatic stress disorder symptoms by 3/4's. I am mostly living a "normal" life again and the anxiety, fear and psychosis is nearly gone after one and a half years on it. It is working for me and I am on a low dose of 40mgs per night. "

Anonymous April 6, 2009