User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Quetiapine Review Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Reviews for Quetiapine to treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

"I was on Seroquel for a long time and then I overdosed on it and was taken off. For the next 2 years I suffered from horrible anxiety, paranoia, ocd, panic etc. and ended up in the hospital twice for very long stays (2 months). I had ECT and nothing seemed to help. Finally my therapist suggested to the psychiatrist that he put me on Seroquel. It is like a miracle drug! I no longer have anxiety and OCD"

anxietyfree June 20, 2015

"This is the only medication that seems to stop my the repetitive thoughts. It also improves improve mood and anxiety . Need to exercise alot though to fight the dreaded weight gain."

GoldSpade (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 20, 2013

"Seroquel is an awesome medication for sleeping and some anxiety. Sometimes it's hard to say what I'm feeling because, I feel like an atomic bomb or something. I have ADHD, Bipolar 1, and obsessive compulsive disorder. Seroquel is great, I can see it doing wonders if I just had one thing. Was taking Adderall so when I took Seroquel I got schizophrenia at night like hearing and seeing things. Fun."

Johnramone23yrs May 20, 2013

"I suffer from O.C.D and Obsesive Compulsive personality disorder. I have had it since aged 12. I'm now in my 40's. For the last three years I've been on a high dose of quetiapine 600 mg nightly, I also take Lustral during day.. They have helped me so much, it's first time in years I've felt more 'normal'. Before I was very manic, etc., this has calmed me down a great deal. BUT, I'm always tired, not much energy, my weight has gone up, I used to exercise before but struggle now, BUT I'd rather be like this than manic, panicking, and a nightmare to live with!! I'm married with 4 children, it's a shame they have seen me at my worst many a time, which I feel terrible about. But now I'm on this medicines I'm a different person."

Mac-lodge April 23, 2013

Seroquel (quetiapine): "Puts me to sleep like turning off a light switch. Which has greatly helped me work and be on a normal schedule. Before I would stay up for 24-36 hours straight, then sleep 15 hours and then repeat. Been taking it 7 years. Now when I decide it is bedtime, I take it and 9 out of 10 times I am sleeping in 20-60 minutes. It works just as well for me at 25 mg or 200 mg....same effect. Personally, 15 minutes after I take it though I absolutely will not give my OCD the time of day, not because it goes away but because if I do the medicine makes it harder to focus and deal with whatever is bothering me and it can go on and on worse than normal. And the more drowsy I get the worse it is to focus."

Anonymous January 23, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine): "Have been on and off Seroquel for a few years for severe obsessive compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. Self harm has been a big compulsion for me. With this medicine it really helps reduce that and many other compulsions. Only big side effect is weight gain. But after being it for half a year I realize I'd rather be over weight then have the symptoms i typically have."

eli c. December 28, 2011

Seroquel (quetiapine): "It helped with my OCD intrusive thoughts, but made me VERY agitated and a feeling of skin crawling. Even at 1/4 of a tablet and I was really anxious."

Anonymous December 4, 2011

Seroquel (quetiapine): "If OCD thoughts are keeping you up at night this works well. Turns the brain off with literally 25 mg a night one hour before I want to sleep. Daytime Paxil has worked best for me."

drew_denver January 19, 2011

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): "Diagnosed with GAD and OCD, more so the mental aspect (the obsessions). On clonazepam, Zoloft 200mg and Seroquel XR 50mg a few hours before bed. I have to say that it feels great and helps me fall asleep, but I still have some anxiety driven dreams. The hours before sleep are wonderful, it really takes you down a level or two. I just wish it lasted 24 hours."

Obsessions October 22, 2009

Seroquel (quetiapine): "I was diagnosed with OCD and doctor put me on Zoloft and for some time I was okay then started getting side effects. I went back to doctor and he gave me Seroquel and instantly after taking first dose of 25mg I started to feel a lot better, like a new man. It really helped me sleep well without fear in my thoughts, so I really gave BIG 10 for this drug for helping me live normal life ."

Delusions of Grandure January 24, 2009

Seroquel (quetiapine): "Seroquel has made a day and night difference in my life. I have huge anxiety issues and OCD. I've been taking 200mg/night for a few years now. It's not for everybody with OCD, but it has been a life saver for me."

Viktor W December 4, 2008

Seroquel (quetiapine): "I suffer from extreme anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder. I was prescribed Seroquel 25 mg (one in the morning and two at bedtime). This medication has done wonders for me in a very short period of time (one week). In low doses, Seroquel is effectively taking the edge off life and I'm a much happier person. It's like a miracle drug for me and I can't imagine going back to life without it."

Sandie Lee October 19, 2008

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder