User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Quetiapine review summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Reviews for Quetiapine to treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Review by GoldSpade (taken for 2 to 5 years):

This is the only medication that seems to stop my the repetitive thoughts. It also improves improve mood and anxiety . Need to exercise alot though to fight the dreaded weight gain.

October 20, 2013 11:16 AM

Review by Johnramone23yrs:

Seroquel is an awesome medication for sleeping and some anxiety. Sometimes it's hard to say what I'm feeling because, I feel like an atomic bomb or something. I have ADHD, Bipolar 1, and obsessive compulsive disorder. Seroquel is great, I can see it doing wonders if I just had one thing. Was taking Adderall so when I took Seroquel I got schizophrenia at night like hearing and seeing things. Fun.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2013 2:40 AM

Review by Mac-lodge:

I suffer from O.C.D and Obsesive Compulsive personality disorder. I have had it since aged 12. I'm now in my 40's. For the last three years I've been on a high dose of quetiapine 600 mg nightly, I also take Lustral during day.. They have helped me so much, it's first time in years I've felt more 'normal'. Before I was very manic, etc., this has calmed me down a great deal. BUT, I'm always tired, not much energy, my weight has gone up, I used to exercise before but struggle now, BUT I'd rather be like this than manic, panicking, and a nightmare to live with!! I'm married with 4 children, it's a shame they have seen me at my worst many a time, which I feel terrible about. But now I'm on this medicines I'm a different person.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 23, 2013 9:31 AM

Seroquel (quetiapine): Puts me to sleep like turning off a light switch. Which has greatly helped me work and be on a normal schedule. Before I would stay up for 24-36 hours straight, then sleep 15 hours and then repeat. Been taking it 7 years. Now when I decide it is bedtime, I take it and 9 out of 10 times I am sleeping in 20-60 minutes. It works just as well for me at 25 mg or 200 mg....same effect. Personally, 15 minutes after I take it though I absolutely will not give my OCD the time of day, not because it goes away but because if I do the medicine makes it harder to focus and deal with whatever is bothering me and it can go on and on worse than normal. And the more drowsy I get the worse it is to focus.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2012 12:16 PM

Review by eli c.:

Seroquel (quetiapine): Have been on and off Seroquel for a few years for severe obsessive compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. Self harm has been a big compulsion for me. With this medicine it really helps reduce that and many other compulsions. Only big side effect is weight gain. But after being it for half a year I realize I'd rather be over weight then have the symptoms i typically have.

December 28, 2011 1:24 PM

Seroquel (quetiapine): It helped with my OCD intrusive thoughts, but made me VERY agitated and a feeling of skin crawling. Even at 1/4 of a tablet and I was really anxious.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2011 3:45 PM

Review by drew_denver:

Seroquel (quetiapine): If OCD thoughts are keeping you up at night this works well. Turns the brain off with literally 25 mg a night one hour before I want to sleep. Daytime Paxil has worked best for me.

January 19, 2011 12:43 AM

Review by Obsessions:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): Diagnosed with GAD and OCD, more so the mental aspect (the obsessions). On clonazepam, Zoloft 200mg and Seroquel XR 50mg a few hours before bed. I have to say that it feels great and helps me fall asleep, but I still have some anxiety driven dreams. The hours before sleep are wonderful, it really takes you down a level or two. I just wish it lasted 24 hours.

October 22, 2009 8:21 PM

Review by Delusions of Grandure:

Seroquel (quetiapine): I was diagnosed with OCD and doctor put me on Zoloft and for some time I was okay then started getting side effects. I went back to doctor and he gave me Seroquel and instantly after taking first dose of 25mg I started to feel a lot better, like a new man. It really helped me sleep well without fear in my thoughts, so I really gave BIG 10 for this drug for helping me live normal life .

January 24, 2009 11:50 PM

Review by Viktor W:

Seroquel (quetiapine): Seroquel has made a day and night difference in my life. I have huge anxiety issues and OCD. I've been taking 200mg/night for a few years now. It's not for everybody with OCD, but it has been a life saver for me.

December 4, 2008 12:09 PM

Review by Sandie Lee:

Seroquel (quetiapine): I suffer from extreme anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder. I was prescribed Seroquel 25 mg (one in the morning and two at bedtime). This medication has done wonders for me in a very short period of time (one week). In low doses, Seroquel is effectively taking the edge off life and I'm a much happier person. It's like a miracle drug for me and I can't imagine going back to life without it.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2008 1:34 PM