User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Quetiapine Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 111 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Quetiapine to treat Insomnia

"This is the only med that actually helps me sleep. I've tried melatonin, zopiclone, lorazepam and temazepam, as well as every natural remedy I could get my hands on and then my doctor suggested trying quetiapine. I take 25mg about an hour before going to sleep and usually by the time I climb into bed I can hardly keep my eyes open. I'm also taking bupropion (which is technically contraindicated with quetiapine) which may be why I feel so sedated on such a low dose. The only downside is that I don't fully wake up from it until I've been physically awake for at least an hour and it makes me really thirsty but that's a small price to pay for getting a good sleep after struggling for years."

georgiaedwards (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2016

"I find I get four hours sleep. That is it. And i take 1500mg at night! still does nothing"

Mooflue April 30, 2016

"I'm on this medication I get 200 mg at night and 100 mg during day the one at night doesn't help me sleep still awake at 2 am the morning dose makes me tired so not sure if helps with insomnia"

Tracey b111 April 24, 2016

"I have been taking this medicine for more that 5 years and works perfect for me!"

Reed82 April 23, 2016

"Excellent medication to aide in a good nights sleep"

AUB1 April 21, 2016

"I'm on 350 MG for PTSD With recurring nightmares. This medicine really works. It's like being put out with gas before a surgery. It's black sleep. No dreams and uninterrupted sleep."

Aceman1991 April 8, 2016

"I do not have depression, anxiety etc. But I do have occasional insomnia. Someone told me to try Seroquel and I did. Best stuff ever for insomnia. I've tried the XR 25mg & 50mg. Both work but I have to take early enough because the drowsy effect is long lasting. But best sleep ever!!"

Sleepless in Texas7 April 8, 2016

"This medication works great for those with cronic insomnia. My only complaint is weight gain which for me was not an option since I work hard at watching my weight. I was taking 50 mg and had nightmares with talking in my sleep. I since stopped taking nightly and only use after I can't sleep for a few days. However, almost each time I take it I have the verbal nightmares. Keep in mind these r my side effects and may not happen to you, as far as a sleep aid it works great."

Sleepless in New Orleans March 14, 2016

"This works great. I was on 300mg for insomnia. Since I started working I'm only taking 150mg. I fall asleep about 30 min after taking it. No problems getting up in the morning. Also, not groggy after 7-8 hrs of sleep."

Strych9 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2016

"Use to take occasional aids natural herbs and such when needed which was from months to days depending on stress and issues at the time. This has been all my adult life. Eventually I can get it under control. Fast forward to this past year. Got severely sick with some stomach parasites, lots about 20% weight and did not sleep but maybe half hour a day and an occasional 5-10 minute nap for several months, basically for 2 weeks straight I was fortunate if I could get 30 minutes. May natural stuff was not working. So my friend let me try his for the last few months - works. Took a few days to get use to. 25 mg works for me, with 12mg I get 3 hours, with 37.5mg about 14-18 hours. STRESS is the key, lower it is the better it works."

straight shooter February 10, 2016

"I have been on quetiapine 50mg for 2 years now for insomnia. Along with mirtaz 15, olimelt 5, klonopin 0.5 for depression, anxiety, and insomnia. It works great for me. I sleep well for 8-9 hours and feel fresh in the morning."

Chandan555 February 10, 2016

"I've been taking quetiapine 75mg at night due to my severe post natal depression and anxiety. I've been taking quetiapine for 6 months now and it has been an amazing medication for me to help me sleep. I've suffered terrible panic and insomnia and now I can finally get some rest."

nikkidwallywoo February 5, 2016

"Because of my adhd I couldnt sleep at night. With this medication I get a full night of sleep and I can finally enjoy daytime. It's amazing. I use 12.5mg."

Jacqeline January 24, 2016

"I have been taking 25 mg for sleep for over 15 years. I have found that if I take it about 30 to 45 minutes before eating I get sleepy much faster than if I take the medication near bedtime.."

wy-oldtimer (taken for 10 years or more) January 21, 2016

"I have fibromyalgia lots of pain from back neck legs and feet. I've tried everything to Xanax that work but new doctor change me to Seroquel 50mg. Melatonin 5mg. valuim 5mg this is only thing lets me sleep through the nite I can still get up to go to bathroom and go back to sleep. The only con is I still don't feel rested after I wake up But thirty mins max after taking I'm out"

Rhee47 January 16, 2016

"I have been on Quetiaphine for sleep for 5 weeks now and I have been sleeping great! I have had no side effects except the first 2 days it took a while to get out of my system in the late morning early to early afternoon, now just a good nights sleep and refreshed and ready to go first thing in the morning. I have severe sleep issue this has been a life saver along with escitalopram for depression/anxiety."

Brenda V January 13, 2016

"I had insomnia due to severe itchy skin from Hodgkin's disease. All of the prescription sleeping pills I had tried either didn't work or made me feel like a zombie the next day. I was barely managing life when a Dr suggested 25mg of Quetiapine nightly, and it has been life changing! It takes me about half an hour to fall asleep and I sleep soundly for 8-9hrs and wake up feeling like I had a good nights sleep. At first I had very vivid strange dreams but after a few months I adjusted. I did feel an increase of appetite and gained about 5lbs in the first 3 minutes this but then that side effect stopped as well. I have been able to reduce my dose to 6.5mg (I have to cut the pill into quarters) and sleep just as well on that ammount."

SarahTheBrave December 29, 2015

"I have been on this medication for 4 months now and it has been awesome. I struggle with depression, anxiety, ADHD and severe insomnia. I started taking 20mg of lexapro for depression, 50-100mg of seroquel for sleep and 50mg of vyvanse for my ADHD. This combination is prefect for me. I sleep well and have super vivid dreams (good and bad) I do tend to get the munchies after I take seroquel, but the vyvanse is an appetite suppressant so my weight is steady. It all just depends how your body responds to this drug. Some can take it, others can't. Gotta find out for yourself."

Anonymous December 28, 2015

"Seroquel at 37.5mg does help with sleep. But be mindful this is not a drug to take in the morning. I have been reading reviews on here where people are taking this drug in the morning. You are going to sleepy and sluggish. Do not do it. A low does of anything under 50mg will help you sleep. Anything over that and you will be tired the day and sluggish."

Nyomi (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2015

"Been taking this for insomnia since I was around 16 (I'm 22 now). I've had to make some minor adjustments due to side effects from other meds, but take 50-100 mg nightly. It knocks me out for sure, but it can leave me feeling too drowsy in the morning. I find myself night eating from this medication which isn't ideal, and I am completely addicted to it."

Ashblake December 23, 2015

"I have insomnia, and was told that this drug would knock me out and help me sleep. Well, it did. For 3 hours. After I woke up with my heart pounding out of my chest and barely able to move. Dry mouth, so I attempted to go get some water from the kitchen. Collapsed and couldn't move after 3 steps. I'm only 21 by the way. I was able to walk after 14 hours and the side effects like, depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts passed after two days. Then I was back to normal. This drug is poison. I have been through alcohol withdrawal and would take that over one single day of seroquel."

Eric94 (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2015

"You owe it yourself to give this medication a chance. Been dealing with insomnia for 10 yrs. Then last year my little brother killed two people and committed suicide. My anxiety, depression, insomnia went into overdrive. No meds worked. Was prescribed 50 mg of generic Seroquel. If you've had insomnia for years, nothing is going to work the first night. You're worked up about the insomnia and so desperate for the pill to work that of course it's going to be a night from hell. That led to a rocky 2nd night. Night 3 I slept great! It takes 2 1/2 hrs for onset. I owe my life to this medication. If you have the kind of insomnia that is near psychosis please give this medication a real chance. You do not have to suffer anymore. Sweet dreams."

KPMC (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2015

"I'm a vet with many mental health issues which causes insomnia. I've been on quetiapine for 5 years I take 600 to 800 mg each night around the same time and I wake up the next morning refreshed. My doctor also has trazodone paired with it. The only side effects I've had is raiding the fridge in the middle of the night and dry mouth. Sometimes I get restlest legs but I take lyrica for that and my back."

Nukestar December 2, 2015

"Can't sleep taking 50mg @ bedtime"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2015

"Its the best medicine for sleep for me it helps everyday at low dosage 25-75mg. Benzo and other medicine didn"

ForLifeLoner November 20, 2015