User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Quetiapine Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Quetiapine to treat Insomnia

"I've been taking quetiapine 75mg at night due to my severe post natal depression and anxiety. I've been taking quetiapine for 6 months now and it has been an amazing medication for me to help me sleep. I've suffered terrible panic and insomnia and now I can finally get some rest."

nikkidwallywoo February 5, 2016

"Because of my adhd I couldnt sleep at night. With this medication I get a full night of sleep and I can finally enjoy daytime. It's amazing. I use 12.5mg."

Jacqeline January 24, 2016

"I have been taking 25 mg for sleep for over 15 years. I have found that if I take it about 30 to 45 minutes before eating I get sleepy much faster than if I take the medication near bedtime.."

wy-oldtimer (taken for 10 years or more) January 21, 2016

"I have fibromyalgia lots of pain from back neck legs and feet. I've tried everything to Xanax that work but new doctor change me to Seroquel 50mg. Melatonin 5mg. valuim 5mg this is only thing lets me sleep through the nite I can still get up to go to bathroom and go back to sleep. The only con is I still don't feel rested after I wake up But thirty mins max after taking I'm out"

Rhee47 January 16, 2016

"I have been on Quetiaphine for sleep for 5 weeks now and I have been sleeping great! I have had no side effects except the first 2 days it took a while to get out of my system in the late morning early to early afternoon, now just a good nights sleep and refreshed and ready to go first thing in the morning. I have severe sleep issue this has been a life saver along with escitalopram for depression/anxiety."

Brenda V January 13, 2016

"I had insomnia due to severe itchy skin from Hodgkin's disease. All of the prescription sleeping pills I had tried either didn't work or made me feel like a zombie the next day. I was barely managing life when a Dr suggested 25mg of Quetiapine nightly, and it has been life changing! It takes me about half an hour to fall asleep and I sleep soundly for 8-9hrs and wake up feeling like I had a good nights sleep. At first I had very vivid strange dreams but after a few months I adjusted. I did feel an increase of appetite and gained about 5lbs in the first 3 minutes this but then that side effect stopped as well. I have been able to reduce my dose to 6.5mg (I have to cut the pill into quarters) and sleep just as well on that ammount."

SarahTheBrave December 29, 2015

"I have been on this medication for 4 months now and it has been awesome. I struggle with depression, anxiety, ADHD and severe insomnia. I started taking 20mg of lexapro for depression, 50-100mg of seroquel for sleep and 50mg of vyvanse for my ADHD. This combination is prefect for me. I sleep well and have super vivid dreams (good and bad) I do tend to get the munchies after I take seroquel, but the vyvanse is an appetite suppressant so my weight is steady. It all just depends how your body responds to this drug. Some can take it, others can't. Gotta find out for yourself."

Anonymous December 28, 2015

"Seroquel at 37.5mg does help with sleep. But be mindful this is not a drug to take in the morning. I have been reading reviews on here where people are taking this drug in the morning. You are going to sleepy and sluggish. Do not do it. A low does of anything under 50mg will help you sleep. Anything over that and you will be tired the day and sluggish."

Nyomi (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2015

"Been taking this for insomnia since I was around 16 (I'm 22 now). I've had to make some minor adjustments due to side effects from other meds, but take 50-100 mg nightly. It knocks me out for sure, but it can leave me feeling too drowsy in the morning. I find myself night eating from this medication which isn't ideal, and I am completely addicted to it."

Ashblake December 23, 2015

"I have insomnia, and was told that this drug would knock me out and help me sleep. Well, it did. For 3 hours. After I woke up with my heart pounding out of my chest and barely able to move. Dry mouth, so I attempted to go get some water from the kitchen. Collapsed and couldn't move after 3 steps. I'm only 21 by the way. I was able to walk after 14 hours and the side effects like, depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts passed after two days. Then I was back to normal. This drug is poison. I have been through alcohol withdrawal and would take that over one single day of seroquel."

Eric94 (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2015

"You owe it yourself to give this medication a chance. Been dealing with insomnia for 10 yrs. Then last year my little brother killed two people and committed suicide. My anxiety, depression, insomnia went into overdrive. No meds worked. Was prescribed 50 mg of generic Seroquel. If you've had insomnia for years, nothing is going to work the first night. You're worked up about the insomnia and so desperate for the pill to work that of course it's going to be a night from hell. That led to a rocky 2nd night. Night 3 I slept great! It takes 2 1/2 hrs for onset. I owe my life to this medication. If you have the kind of insomnia that is near psychosis please give this medication a real chance. You do not have to suffer anymore. Sweet dreams."

KPMC (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2015

"I'm a vet with many mental health issues which causes insomnia. I've been on quetiapine for 5 years I take 600 to 800 mg each night around the same time and I wake up the next morning refreshed. My doctor also has trazodone paired with it. The only side effects I've had is raiding the fridge in the middle of the night and dry mouth. Sometimes I get restlest legs but I take lyrica for that and my back."

Nukestar December 2, 2015

"Can't sleep taking 50mg @ bedtime"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2015

"Its the best medicine for sleep for me it helps everyday at low dosage 25-75mg. Benzo and other medicine didn"

ForLifeLoner November 20, 2015

"I was prescribed it for severe insomnia. It was the worst experience i ever had with drugs. I was feeling really depressed and walked like a zombie for a few days."

ols1976 November 6, 2015

"I started taking this for bipolar type 1 disorder & for insomnia. I take 50mg nightly which sedated me and helps with mood stabilization and psychotic episodes. PROS: I sleep nightly, my general quality of life has improved and as long as I take it, the odd occasions where I experience psychosis aren't as bad. CONS: when I first started it I had a case of restless leg syndrome (that went away within a month or 2), sometimes I feel like my facial expression is mask-like, I feel like my breathing is heavier the morning after taking it & I I have very vivid life like dreams/nightmares. Do keep an eye on what you eat- I find it can give you the munchies & makes it harder to lose weight. This medication has honestly saved my life."

h1ghr0ller October 24, 2015

"My doctor prescribed me this for insomnia. It makes me sleepy but makes me disconnect from reality, become very sad, and have extremely vivid nightmares."

AnonymousInsomniac (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2015

"I've been taking a very low dose of Seroquel (1/2 tab, 12.5 mg I think) off and on for several months now, for anxiety, depression and insomnia (off-label). It is the most effective sleep inducer I have every taken. The problem for me is that the effects lasts for about 36 hours, not just 8! The whole next day is low-energy, although it is also low anxiety. So it is good when you absolutely need to recover sleep or take a break, but I cannot use it on a regular basis at all and continue to function at work etc."

Nerfball (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2015

"Prescribed this medication at the age of 16 for insomnia. 25 mg. Knocked me out for 14-20 hours at a time. Changed to half a 25 mg tablet. Sleep just fine. Now at the age of 20 after not using it for 3 years still works the exact same way, no side effects, helps me fall asleep and stay asleep for at least 8 hours. LIFE SAVER. Never been on a higher dose than 25 mg, solely used for sleep."

BrennanHP October 10, 2015

"This is a fantastic medication. For years I have dealt with severe cases of sleepwalking that doctors were unable to find a solution for. A family member one night gave me a seroquel 25 milligram tablet and for the first time in years I had a zero sleepwalking. I immediately went to my physician and told him of the fantastic progress this medication has made. He first prescribed me 25 milligram dose at bedtime this over the first month increase to 250 milligrams which I feel is an absolutely fantastic dose for me. I have taken this medication now at the 250 milligram dose and find it still works amazingly. I get an absolutely complete night sleep and no side effects in the morning. I was never a morning person do to sleep walking. 100% better"

Sleepwalking-in-newfoundland (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 7, 2015

"This drug was a life-saver. I had severe insomnia, the doctor said one of the hardest cases he has ever treated. I tried all the usuals, would get some sleep every couple of days. I started on this medication at 50mg, and moved up gradually to 300mg. Within a week I was sleeping wonderfully. It is a deep deep sleep, and it was hard to rouse at the higher dosage. Very vivid dreams. I did not experience any hunger or weight gain. I moved back gradually to 25mg, and would sometimes only take half of that tablet. I just quit taking Seroquel totally after 8 months."

MBrook (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2015

"I have been taking Quetiapine 50mg every night for almost four years for mainly insomnia and bipolar episodes. This drug makes me fall asleep within 90 minutes of taking it. It took about 6 months to finally figure out when the best time for me to take it was. I recommend having the same bed time every night for best nights sleep with this drug. When I first started taking quetiapine, I had mild hallucinations as I got drowsy Little things like the wall `tingling` have been seen. After over 3 years of taking this medication, my muscles have started twitching randomly. Each month it is getting slightly worse. My doctor and I are thinking of switching to another drug. Overall this is a great medication for insomnia, not for long term use."

Spityyy October 5, 2015

"Lately, due to a lot of stress because of an ex boyfriend harassing and threatening me, I've been staying awake all night and not being able to fall asleep and it had been increasing the anxiety SO MUCH. Well I went to my doctor and she gave me 25mg of Seroquel to take at night. And this is where I will add my "WOW" haha! This pill has been a LIFE SAVER. I can sleep through the entire night and do not wake up at all. But If I need to wake up, I can without a problem. Medications work differently for everyone. But for me it's worked wonders. So thankful!"

sbrant1994 (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2015

"I have been on this for over two years for bipolar.and insomnia, with 300 mg being at bedtime. It helps me sleep with very few side effects, it I know lots of others who can't even take the smallest dose without problems. We all react differently, I know. For instance some people swear by Depakote, but that stuff was a nightmare for me."

Jasper839 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 4, 2015

"I got prescribed Quetiapine(25mg) about 2 months ago, doctor told me to take 1-2 tablets a night,I found myself having to keep getting up and taking more throughout the night as I still wasn't asleep, it gave me headaches everyday, I was slurring my words and I would loose big chunks of my memory"

Hddujn July 18, 2015