User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Insomnia 100 reviews 98 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 472 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Quetiapine

Review by applejack (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Makes me feel extreme fatigue and cravings for sugar are too much. Not really sure its working for me.

November 4, 2012 9:44 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I take 300 mg at night for about 3 months now and don't fall asleep, just turn into a zombie. I actually lost 20 pounds since I've been on it.

October 29, 2012 8:57 AM

Review by IsmailaGodHasheard. (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I am feeling so frustrated. I have developed a tolerance to Seroquel, and nothing else works for sleep.

October 23, 2012 5:15 PM

Review by Northern Guy (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This medicine is great for daytime anxiety or anxiety with insomnia. Doctors give way too much of this 300mg, 500mg, etc. to non-manic patients when much smaller dosages will work. I used a HALF TABLET (12.5mg) for sleep. Lately I used 1/4 tablet (one in morning and one in afternoon) to lower base anxiety level. You don't need to be knocked out to get relief from anxiety!

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 22, 2012 5:30 PM

Review by mom232012 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I have had a negative experience on Seroquel. I do not want this to deter anyone from taking it, as everyone's reaction and experience on this medicine is subjective; I just want to put this out there for anyone who might be experiencing similar symptoms and reactions and may be hesitant to say it and to just relate my own experience. I am Bipolar 2 and have untreated ADHD due to the ADHD medicines causing manic episodes. I started Seroquel 2 months ago when I was having a bout of insomnia. I should state that I was on Wellbutrin, Lamictal, and Paxil, and was feeling good. I was productive during the day and upbeat. I was prescribed Seroquel for the insomnia and taken off all the other except Lamictal. I am now a "zombie", depressed, sleepy 24/7.

October 19, 2012 7:07 PM

Review by groove rider:

For Bipolar Disorder: I'm lucky as I live In the U.K. And we don't have to pay for our medication. Before I started taking normal quetiapine 600 mg at night for bipolar 1, I was completely manic. I thought the government was poisoning our food. Aliens from out of space were trying to take over the government. I was trying to invent a virus to take over everybody's computer to save the world. Couldn't hold a relationship. Family and friends disowned me because I was wild especially if I drank alcohol but just after 7 weeks of taking quetiapine I've totally got life In perspective and even laugh about the way I was. The racing thoughts are much more manageable. At first this really knocks you out. But say after 3 weeks it starts working or did for me.

October 19, 2012 12:11 PM

Review by justRedDammit (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was diagnosed with BiPolar Disorder 1 about 8 months ago. My doctor put me on Seroquel 100mg. I do have to take it at night due to the drowsiness it causes. It has made a dramatic change in the racing thoughts and negative self-image I felt. I've also had a marked change in my insomnia. I was misdiagnosed for a number of years, and couldn't understand why the other meds didn't make a difference. I wake up feeling rested. I did have some vivid dreams when I first began taking it. I also get the munchies, but they have subsided considerably in the last month or two, and have dropped almost 20 pounds. This is magical as far as I'm concerned! As well as the Seroquel, I also take 20 mg of Lexapro and 600 mg of Neurontin every night. Thanks!!

September 24, 2012 12:42 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: Puerperal Psychosis: Made me extremely sleepy on a wide range of doses and basically took my life away. Also made me gain weight even though I lost my appetite towards the end of taking it

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2012 7:00 PM

Review by thebeesknees92 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: Seroquel was awful.. my doctor prescribed two 700mg at night and I slept so much! When I wasn't sleeping I was exercising, still I gained 30lbs. I had extreme paranoia, never knew where I was or how I got there, and always woke up in sleep paralysis. Made my depression, anxiety and bipolar worse.

September 13, 2012 2:14 PM

Review by BeachD1 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Various incidents in Viet Nam combat, intel work of over two decades slowly became an affect on sleep. The use of therapies, 12 steps, counseling all left something still not quite right. When an enlightened physician in the VAMC psych ward dosed Seroquel at 100 mg three daily, first sleep in 30 yrs. At 200 mg nightly, no more dreams of conflict, resulting in a life saved, a definite sleep within 45 min., usually six to eight hours. Waking easily, up for a happy day every day.

September 13, 2012 8:37 AM

Review by joeglong (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Get ready for bed, sleep came fast and hard for me! I only take 50mg to sleep and it knocks me out every time. Can't imagine taking it during the day, I'd be a zombie.

September 8, 2012 11:53 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: I'm only 14 and I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was 12. My parents really didn't want me on any medication, but after my last suicide attempt that almost killed me in the hospital, I had to be on it. It has helped me SO MUCH. I used to be on the verge on killing myself most days, but now I don't have suicidal thoughts as often anymore, even though my problems are still here. I can now actually sleep most days, I can concentrate better in class, I don't have racing thoughts as often, etc. I still get really angry sometimes though and a bit violent. I think the only thing I hate is that when it kicks in at night I feel awful. I'm currently on 400 mg.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2012 2:47 PM

Review by EngTeacherJenny (taken for less than 1 month):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: I have been taking 150MGx2 along with 10MG of Lexapro to help with chronic depression. Due to divorce this summer, I told my Dr I was feeling more depressed and he raised my dose of Seroquel to 200x2 at bed time. I am a teacher and the last 2 days I have not been able to get up. I start to get dressed and wake up hours later standing at the mirror with a toothbrush in my hand. Lucky for me we don't have students yet but I am terrified I will continue oversleeping and miss my classes. Also, I am having muscle spasms in my right hand, dropping things I am holding, throwing eggs across the room. The only change in my routine is the bump up in dose so the problem has got to be that.

August 23, 2012 12:53 PM

Review by MRSCOOLEY:

For Borderline Personality Disorder: I am 32 years old, I got diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder a mere 6 months ago but I have definitely been suffering with BDP since I was 11. Since taking quetiapine I am no longer an insomniac (the longest I went without sleep was 4 days). I have no racing thoughts, no more paranoia; my rages are less I can deal with people in a more diplomatic way than before. I am far less irritable or argumentative the only downside is slight weight gain, but I try to be very mindful about food because I have high cholesterol and heart disease runs in my family so I have to be careful. I also get slight tingling in my fingers. I am on 100mg at night and 50mg during day; it takes the edge off at work because I have a very stressful job!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2012 8:29 PM

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was on seroquel for only a few weeks, but that was more than enough. I had hallucinations and gained a significant amount of weight in that time. It did help me sleep at night and helped with my racing thoughts, but that's about it.

August 14, 2012 4:32 AM

Review by jwilliams1980 (taken for less than 1 month):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I am having Seroquel blues. Just recently my normal dosage of 400mg went 200mg more and that 200 I must take during the day. I am so frustrated trying to find out how long does it take for the body to get used to taking the medication during the day. I always feel like I am in slow motion and unable to be patient with others, having irritability and have to take naps during the day to overcome the drowsiness. I know this medicine is important because it helps with the mania, paranoia, and suicidal ideation.

August 2, 2012 9:13 PM

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I've been through sleep studies, medications and all. This particular prescription did NOT allow me to sleep on 50mgs 2x a day and 500mgs at night. The only thing it did do was wipe my memory of previous day.

July 30, 2012 8:47 PM

Review by Hazza:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Borderline Personality Disorder: I have been on these tablets for 3 days now, for border line personality. I've been so tired after I take the 100mg at night but my anger is still a problem, and I'm feeling a tiny bit less like I'm lonely and no one understands me and my emotions. But honestly not much of a change. I just still don't know if my life's going to get any better.

July 19, 2012 7:21 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: I had HORRIBLE hot flashes.

July 15, 2012 8:31 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I had a bad reaction to an anti-inflammatory misdiagnosed as bipolar. This medicine causes psychosis in an individual wrongly prescribed it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2012 10:39 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: I have been on it for 2.5 years, I gained 30lbs. At a point it has stopped working for me. Started having crying spells, insomnia. I am now going to try Latuda.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2012 5:50 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Paranoid Disorder: Seroquel XR worked for me better than the Seroquel. From my understanding the XR is an extended release vs the regular Seroquel. My paranoid thoughts have completely gone away except for the normal paranoia that everyone has of people sometimes talking about them. It also gives me a lot of energy during the day and I do not have to take naps. I have tried Abilify and other medicines, but none seem to work as well as the Seroquel XR.

July 9, 2012 3:05 PM

Review by dugluvsleep (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I take 150mg at night and it's the best medicine I've ever tried. It does make me very hungry.

July 8, 2012 7:40 PM

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: This medicine is great for sleep and helping anxiety, but if you have responsibilities, work, school, kids, ANYTHING, then be prepared. I am only on 100mg and although I feel calmer and not so irritable, I just feel sort of dozed and no motivation to do anything, not even simple things like taking a shower or making something to eat. I woke up this morning needing to go to the bathroom and it seemed like an overwhelming task and I was stumbling around like when you are drunk. If you don't have to work or answer to anyone then it's fine because you can just space out and not have such negative emotions and feel better.

July 5, 2012 2:50 PM

Review by DylanS (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: 300 mg 4x/day. I used to have horrible hyper-vigilance, hyper-startle, anxiety, paranoia, insomnia symptoms. NOTHING (meditation, yoga, EMDR, etc.) helped that much, let alone fix it. So, the doctor said to try this. Because of my side-effect sensitivity, my doctor started me on 25 mg. That first night, I slept a full night for the first time in months. But then I started sleeping too much - up to 14 hrs a day on the weekends. We backed off to 12.5 mg & my life CHANGED. I'm under more stress right now so my dose is back to 25 mg & I'm doing great on it. It pulls me down out of that watchfulness that prevents me from doing anything but surviving (and poorly, at that). For me, after a near-lifetime of struggle, this is a miracle.

June 29, 2012 3:29 PM