User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Insomnia 97 reviews 96 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 453 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Quetiapine

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: I have been on it for 2.5 years, I gained 30lbs. At a point it has stopped working for me. Started having crying spells, insomnia. I am now going to try Latuda.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 11, 2012 5:50 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Paranoid Disorder: Seroquel XR worked for me better than the Seroquel. From my understanding the XR is an extended release vs the regular Seroquel. My paranoid thoughts have completely gone away except for the normal paranoia that everyone has of people sometimes talking about them. It also gives me a lot of energy during the day and I do not have to take naps. I have tried Abilify and other medicines, but none seem to work as well as the Seroquel XR.

July 9, 2012 3:05 PM
Review by dugluvsleep (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I take 150mg at night and it's the best medicine I've ever tried. It does make me very hungry.

July 8, 2012 7:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: This medicine is great for sleep and helping anxiety, but if you have responsibilities, work, school, kids, ANYTHING, then be prepared. I am only on 100mg and although I feel calmer and not so irritable, I just feel sort of dozed and no motivation to do anything, not even simple things like taking a shower or making something to eat. I woke up this morning needing to go to the bathroom and it seemed like an overwhelming task and I was stumbling around like when you are drunk. If you don't have to work or answer to anyone then it's fine because you can just space out and not have such negative emotions and feel better.

July 5, 2012 2:50 PM
Review by DylanS (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: 300 mg 4x/day. I used to have horrible hyper-vigilance, hyper-startle, anxiety, paranoia, insomnia symptoms. NOTHING (meditation, yoga, EMDR, etc.) helped that much, let alone fix it. So, the doctor said to try this. Because of my side-effect sensitivity, my doctor started me on 25 mg. That first night, I slept a full night for the first time in months. But then I started sleeping too much - up to 14 hrs a day on the weekends. We backed off to 12.5 mg & my life CHANGED. I'm under more stress right now so my dose is back to 25 mg & I'm doing great on it. It pulls me down out of that watchfulness that prevents me from doing anything but surviving (and poorly, at that). For me, after a near-lifetime of struggle, this is a miracle.

June 29, 2012 3:29 PM
Review by SuzieQ07 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Insomnia: My Dr gave me a sample of this medicine to try and it works good, however it takes me a while to fall asleep and it gave me a hangover effect the next day! Liked the sleep it gave me but I had a hard time waking up the next day.

June 26, 2012 10:03 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

quetiapine for Insomnia: I have experienced insomnia since an automobile accident about 2 years ago. This medication helps me sleep better than any medicines normally prescribed for insomnia. I take 100 mg a night. Only problem for me is that if I take it every night for more than a month, it loses it's effectiveness. So I have been alternating it with other sleep medicines to maintain it's effectiveness.

June 26, 2012 2:42 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel has been a very helpful sleep aid.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 11, 2012 10:15 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Within three days basically all my anxiety is gone, and I feel fantastic! FINALLY a doctor and psychologist worked together to treat what they said "unique" problem. I had anxiety all the time but wasn't depressed. So I'm one happy lady, and I'm sure my kids are loving there old mum back.

May 28, 2012 10:20 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: A little tired some mornings which can occasionally last during the day. As a medicine, it is amazing, makes me strong mentally and relaxed.

May 26, 2012 4:09 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: Very sedating.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 24, 2012 4:44 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was put on Seroquel 300mg it worked great but after a few months started having severe constipation and bloating around the time I took it. Now on on another medicine to see if this resolves. Pray it does.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 22, 2012 11:26 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: No anti-psychotic medicine is perfect. But Seroquel is quite okay. Gives you a good night of sleep. You can feel dizzy. But the best is no extra pyramidal symptoms. I tried 4 or 5 other antipsychotics but this as good as it gets considering side effects.

May 18, 2012 4:36 PM
Review by Katan: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel helps both manic and depressive symptoms, however is much better when combined with other mood stabilizing medications. Good for providing sleep, but it can be too sedating until you get used to it (just take it consistently and stick with it). Slight raise in appetite for carbs but nothing a healthy diet and exercise can't counteract which is what you should be doing if you have a serious mental illness anyway. A good first medicine to try, because it's a mood stabilizer (for both types of episodes), anti-psychotic, sleep medication, and anxiolytic! It's great for controlling anxiety and making you feel calmer, and means you don't have to take Valium or sleeping pills which can be addictive - whereas Seroquel is NOT addictive.

May 8, 2012 12:23 AM
Review by Hang in there (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: I have been suffering with severe anxiety and depression after developing panic attacks. I have always suffered with generalized anxiety but have not had panic attacks for over 12 years. I haven't taken any medication during that time. I was driving home one evening and out of nowhere a severe panic attack hit me and left me immobilized on a bridge where I just froze. Fatigue, anxiousness, guilt and dread. While I am receiving help from a counselor and my GP, I have been taking Zoloft 100mg in the morning and 50mg of Seroquel. Seroquel has helped me considerably. I take Seroquel at 6pm which usually helps me fall asleep by 9.30pm and wake around 7am. This reduces the hangover effect. I am feeling better since taking Seroquel.

May 5, 2012 7:59 PM
Review by EmilyBarrett (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

quetiapine for Borderline Personality Disorder: I have been taking Seroquel for two nights now, 50mg. It makes me extremely drowsy, right now I feel very out of it. But for the first time I'm socializing. I'm calm and have had less psychosis. Have hallucinated today but it hasn't been frightening. I'm just happy I'm socializing again! Just the drowsiness can be a bit of an issue. I've also felt sick on them but it's only been two days.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 5, 2012 5:24 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: Take pill, fall asleep within 20 minutes.

April 26, 2012 1:28 AM
Review by Markus A: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I also completely agree with the first review. I have tried 9 sleep-aid medicines, including high doses of Ambien and Ambien CR. The medicines for sleep "insomnia" really do nothing for people with true insomnia. Insomnia is a condition of the brain where your mind essentially does not stop working at night. Whether you are worried about something, excited, or are just thinking about something you saw on T.V or read in a paper during the day, you will not fall asleep until 20 minutes before you have to awaken. Sleep-aid medicines help people who just have poor sleep habits, like eating right before bed, etc. Seroquel actually suppresses your brain wave function and helps you mentally "shut off." No weight gain for me.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 25, 2012 4:12 PM
Review by Hopelessromantiq: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I started taking Seroquel about 10 years ago. I have to take about 600mg a night plus Ambien to get a good nights sleep (this is as prescribed by my doctor). I don't know what I would do without it. It changed my life when I realized what a good nights sleep could do. My depression improved just by sleeping better. I've never had any terrible side effects. I do tend to have to eat after I take it as it seems to make it work faster. I did have a small amount of weight gain (5-10lbs) but nothing like when I tried Zyprexa (30-40lbs)! Seroquel is definitely something you should ask your doctor about!

April 25, 2012 1:41 PM
Review by pray4snow: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: This is an update of my use of Seroquel. I have been on 800 mg./day for over a year now. My doctor had to keep increasing the dose due to stubborn anxiety/depression. My moods have calmed down a lot, not so many highs and lows. I do still see a therapist which helps with coping with life stresses and behavioral difficulties. I sleep a lot, between 8-10 hours nightly. I still take a small amount of Ambien just to help shut down the racing thoughts in my mind. I am having a hard time with my weight. I want to eat the wrong things all the time. I'm 15lbs. heavier now then I was before taking Seroquel, but the Wellbutrin I was on made me not want to eat ever again so I was way under weight, 125lbs. at 5"8' tall.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 21, 2012 12:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Borderline Personality Disorder: I have been suffering with borderline personality disorder almost my entire life. Within a few days of taking Seroquel I noticed an incredible difference in my mood balance, my paranoia. The biggest difference I noticed was I no longer felt the need to be in crisis. Social settings were easily handled, my work life improved overnight. I used to use alcohol to expand on my crisis moments & friends and family believed me a hopeless alcoholic. Now I have no urge to drink. I wake up focused, ready and able to face the day. Most of my days are almost completely positive. I would recommend.

April 21, 2012 10:54 AM
Review by dvws1: User Rating:

quetiapine for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: My Doctor started me on quetiapine after I had been having anxiety and panic attacks. The first few days I felt real groggy and they sure make you sleep well. I haven't had any side effects like I did with antidepressants. I just hope they work for me.

April 20, 2012 6:29 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I am 21 and have trouble sleeping, due mostly from my depression, anxiety, etc. I got prescribed Seroquel (50mg one before bedtime) about a year ago and it has helped me SO MUCH in a couple ways, INSTANTLY --helped me sleep, and stay asleep, at first, couple weeks was drowsy when I woke but after a month or two of taking it I wake up feeling great. (Makes sleep amazing, and have the most vivid awesome dreams) Over time taking this medication it has lowered my depression and anxiety. I've noticed hard situations and emotions are much easier to handle. I can stay calm compared to always freaking out.

April 16, 2012 1:02 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: My doctor prescribed Seroquel for a number of Psychiatric conditions I have. They are: Depression (already on 40mg Celexa for this, Seroquel helped as an add on), OCD, Generalized anxiety disorder, Anorexia, mood instability. Seroquel helps with all these conditions, although it causes moderate constipation.

April 13, 2012 5:38 PM
Review by Angrybird: User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: Was taken off Geodon because of night-time anxiety and put on Seroquel XR. I feel so unmotivated. Sedated. I no more feel better by afternoon when it's time to take it again. I dread the next dose. Haven't felt this depressed in a while.

April 11, 2012 2:34 PM