User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Insomnia 104 reviews 100 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 1 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 493 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Quetiapine

Review by Ori (taken for less than 1 month):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was one of the unlucky ones who's prolactin levels skyrocketed. I was only on 100mg, with a plan to ramp my way up to 500 over the course of 10 weeks, which was obviously vetoed when my chest started swelling quite noticeably. Lactation isn't worth what's essentially only a sleeping pill at <500mg doses.

January 19, 2013 7:39 PM

Review by gtbaker:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: I take Seroquel for schizo-affective disorder. I also take Prolixin in addition to that and an anti-depressant. I have had schizophrenia/schizoaffective disorder for about 4 years now. The reason I name both schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder is because I go in and out of delusions that seem very real, but I have discerned to just brush most of them off as normal things I interpret as conspiracies or straight out someone wishing me to be dead. It can be fairly scary but it has made me much stronger and now I still constantly get the voices but no longer do I go months, day after day, of thinking someone out there has it in for me or other delusions. Seroquel, in my opinion has made me much less paranoid.

January 18, 2013 2:54 PM

Review by Whimpy23:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Completely non functional, just not for me, I cut the 25 mg ones into Quarters, ONLY if I'm a little too hyper before I go to sleep.

January 9, 2013 5:25 AM

Review by amazing for insomnia (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Insomnia: I've taken Seroquel for 6 years now. It works wonders for my chronic insomnia problems. No side effects for me thus far.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2013 6:16 AM

Review by shygirl346:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Was prescribed this for voices and insomnia but is making sleep life and awake life a complete blur!

January 4, 2013 9:28 PM

Review by lamurphy1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: The 25mg dose has worked well to help me sleep with no detectable side effects.

January 4, 2013 2:07 PM

Review by lynnpl (taken for less than 1 month):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I've been in and out of mental health clinics for a long time..just trying to find something to slow my racing thoughts and make me feel like life is bearable. I've taken benzodiazepines..only to become drug seeking and take too many and need early refils, thereby being forced by prescriber to wean off. Done SSRI's with no effect whatsoever. Remeron made me gain 40 pounds in like 2 months time and didn't help me sleep. Marijuana made me paranoid. I just started some new therapy and was diagnosed with bipolar 2 and post traumatic stress disorder. She gave me Seroquel XR and my mind is calm and I sleep good on it. I'm still on a pretty low dose..going up to 100mg tonight and then 150mg on 2 days. Just hope I don't gain weight but so far I feel productive and my mind is quiet.

December 29, 2012 10:16 AM

Review by lolabean (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: I have been prescribed Quetiapine for just over 2 weeks. I am on a low dose at the moment (50mg) daily and an extra 25mg if required for bad days. I have had years of depression, racing thoughts, suicidal thoughts, irrational behaviour patterns, manic episodes, extreme spending and impulsive major decisions. Although I have spent the last 12 years on anti-depressants, it is only very recently that the psychiatrist is treating me for bi-polar. The first 10 days were magic, deep sleeps, vivid dreams and no more racing thoughts, I seemed to deal with things better, more rational with my thinking. IT was the best I have been for years and years. But the last few days I have cried a lot and been very depressed, self loathing and quite snappy.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 23, 2012 3:03 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: Got rid of psychotic symptoms but I had an allergic reaction and had to go off it. Made me feel drunk after I took it so I had to go right to bed. I would stumble around if I got out of bed. Made me sweat and salivate more. I found olanzapine a better fit.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 21, 2012 11:11 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: Seroquel worked in getting rid of my psychotic symptoms (voices, etc). It was a hard medication to go on, I would need to sleep 12 hours during the first week and I would wake up in that 12 hours in an almost intoxicated state. There was nothing that would wake me up in the morning but I think during medication changes it is important to listen to your body so I rested and in a week, that went away. I came off Risperidone in that first week as well so that may have contributed. The medication did make me sweat a LOT and it would take me a long time to cool down on it. My dyskensic side effects from risperidone went away. But I had to come off Seroquel in a month because I had an allergic 3 weeks in...watch out for tight throat/trouble swallowing.

December 21, 2012 11:00 PM

Review by angela offer:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: Quetiapine 25mg used to get over Post traumatic stress disorder post Mental Health problems caused by an allergy to Valium. Presently taking 50% of a tablet at night.

December 16, 2012 9:44 PM

Review by EmSea (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Love Seroquel. Changed my life.

December 13, 2012 10:26 AM

Review by Correlation (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: I take a dose of 600mg at night time (because it makes me sleep). I wish that I could take less because I don't like that it makes me so tired but I need it to stay sane. I've been on it for 5 years and I used to sleep about 12 hours but now it's down to 9. The good thing about Seroquel is that I have only sleeping as a side effect. I have been on other meds and had everything, dry mouth, blurred vision, drooling, constipation, you name it, I had it. So Seroquel is at least good for that. The only bad thing in the last 2 years I have noticed over-thinking and like a conversation going on in my head but I cant find a good medicine and I don't want to increase Seroquel because of the sleepiness

December 11, 2012 4:10 AM

Review by judykaye (taken for 10 years or more):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: This one is good for me.

December 11, 2012 1:18 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: They started me on 50mg twice during the day and 100mg at night and at first it worked miracles. Eliminated my panic attacks, I slept regularly again for the first time in ages. But over time the effects came back and as I'm typing this I'm even having a panic attack. And now I am up to 200mg twice during the day and 400mg at night.

December 8, 2012 11:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel has been a medication which has helped me overcome many difficulties in life.

December 3, 2012 11:30 PM

Review by just stace :) (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Paranoid Disorder: I have been using quetiapine now for several weeks and have found it works wonders for my paranoid behaviour. I take 50mg in the morning and 200mg before bed, my mood is so much better. If I miss a dose my family can tell so I try not to miss any.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 2, 2012 2:07 PM

Review by sparkymarky (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Felt like I was in a chemical straight jacket.

November 24, 2012 11:24 AM

Review by vanillabean (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I'm 20 years old and I've been on Seroquel for about 1 year now. It really helps. I take it for 2 reasons: insomnia and to help control irritability as a result of having Asperger's syndrome. The FDA is considering approving Seroquel for use in patients with ASD's who are at least 10 years old, it is now considered an off-label use. I've been on other anti-psychotics to control anger (Abilify, Geodon, Risperdal) and they did not help as much as this and some had bad side effects including fainting and seizures, very low blood sugar, feeling depressed, and feeling very restless all the time. I also tried Trazodone for sleep, but it didn't work. Thank God for my Seroquel!

November 20, 2012 9:02 PM

Review by Bluebird47 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel makes me feel like I'm on a level playing field again. I don't feel like my thinking's distorted and I don't cry uncontrollably like I have all of my life. I have gained weight but I'm fixing to start taking Topamax to counteract that. If the Topamax doesn't work I will still continue to take Seroquel. I rather gain weight and be able to cope with life 100% better than I did before.

November 15, 2012 3:13 PM

Review by Romanee (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: After later years of my adolescence and early adulthood I was finally diagnosed (bipolar) and prescribed Seroquel along with lithium. Not only did I finally feel a sense of peace within myself I found that I no longer engaged in the reckless activity that I seemed to have no control over. This behaviour which caused so much grief and upset, nearly caused the breakdown between my family and which I nearly destroyed myself. It does not get rid of my depression completely but they are not as bad and I find I can cope where as in the past I couldn't. I find that it's best to take it before bed as it makes me very drowsy which I find a good thing because in the past I found it very difficult to sleep. Hope this helps.

November 5, 2012 12:47 PM

Review by applejack (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Makes me feel extreme fatigue and cravings for sugar are too much. Not really sure its working for me.

November 4, 2012 9:44 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I take 300 mg at night for about 3 months now and don't fall asleep, just turn into a zombie. I actually lost 20 pounds since I've been on it.

October 29, 2012 8:57 AM

Review by IsmailaGodHasheard. (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I am feeling so frustrated. I have developed a tolerance to Seroquel, and nothing else works for sleep.

October 23, 2012 5:15 PM

Review by Northern Guy (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This medicine is great for daytime anxiety or anxiety with insomnia. Doctors give way too much of this 300mg, 500mg, etc. to non-manic patients when much smaller dosages will work. I used a HALF TABLET (12.5mg) for sleep. Lately I used 1/4 tablet (one in morning and one in afternoon) to lower base anxiety level. You don't need to be knocked out to get relief from anxiety!

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 22, 2012 5:30 PM