User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 7)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 16 reviews 47 medications

5.4
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 806 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been using these about a year or so. I take 300 mg atnight , I never used to sleep or if i didi it was very little, I used to pray for a few hours sleep , since using these I sleep anywhere from 8 hours to as long as I want to , makes me able to handle life a lot better, good luck and take care"

dereksaunders9 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 28, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This was the absolute worst medication i have ever taken. What a nightmare!! To begin with I was taking Duloxetine 60 mg 1x a day, Wellburtin Xl 300mg 1x a day, Valium 10mg 3x a day, morphine 30 mg 2x a day oxycodone 20mg 4x a day. I was doing just fine or do I thought. I had a change of Doctors, due to the fact that my Doctor left this practice. Not sure the reason for this medication. Never Again!! After starting that medication once it really got in my system, my worst fear came to reality. I totally went outside my mind to the point my daughter was so scared of my behavior she called the EMS. Upon arrival at the ER, after blood work was told I was overly medicated. Never Never Again!!! Awful!!"

Pony56 October 25, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "l had immediate results when first taking seroquel l felt alot calmer and mood improved. Since then my symptoms worsened and l have found no benefit at all"

angetunb October 24, 2015

For Insomnia: "I started taking this for bipolar type 1 disorder & for insomnia. I take 50mg nightly which sedated me and helps with mood stabilization and psychotic episodes. PROS: I sleep nightly, my general quality of life has improved and as long as I take it, the odd occasions where I experience psychosis aren't as bad. CONS: when I first started it I had a case of restless leg syndrome (that went away within a month or 2), sometimes I feel like my facial expression is mask-like, I feel like my breathing is heavier the morning after taking it & I I have very vivid life like dreams/nightmares. Do keep an eye on what you eat- I find it can give you the munchies & makes it harder to lose weight. This medication has honestly saved my life."

h1ghr0ller October 24, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I use Seroquel XR in addition to Tegretol XR and Geodon. It is sort of the adjunct to these primary medications. But it does it's job at keeping me stable when the base medication mix falls short."

Quitosenko (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 20, 2015

For Depression: "I was perscribed this medication by my psyciatrist about a month or so ago. Me and my mother were in no way notified about the effects this medication may have. I am only 15 years of age and I have been on fluoxetine for two years. This particular medication has not agreed with me at all... The same as aripripizol but worse. My symptoms worsened. I even developed more weird behaviours. I was worse than when I had started. I became increasingly paranoid, ten times more anxious and my mood fluctuated constantly. There has been no positive changes to my behaviour or mood and the side effects have effected me drastically. I have just got off the tablets and my depression has worsened and I now have insomnia. It has been in no way positive."

Holly Alice (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2015

For Insomnia: "My doctor prescribed me this for insomnia. It makes me sleepy but makes me disconnect from reality, become very sad, and have extremely vivid nightmares."

AnonymousInsomniac (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Just started taking 50mg a week ago. So thankful for a good night's rest and wake up happy. What a difference! (Hope it lasts!!)"

Rec999 October 16, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel is great. Been taking it for seven years. I take 200mg at night for bipolar. It does take time to get used to it. I does cause me to get hungry 30 minute's after taking in it. Just eat a healthy snack. At first I did gain a couple pounds. Searching on line did not help. Everyone's complains how much you need to eat. It's self control. I make sure to exercise everyday. And trust me it's no easy. There's day I have no energy. But I tell my self I have 3 little girl's and have to make sure I do not get fat and unhealthy. I have bad mood swings with out it. It caused me to make it miserable for my wife and kids and coworkers. Driving was a mission everyday."

Mike cal October 15, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "My mom was prescribed Seroquel in 2010 for dementia ! I talked to my pharmacist. Tom, he showed me the FDA's warning; Seroquel had been given the highest warning "Black Boxed" Mom had Dementia, was 75 yrs old, and weighed 76lbs, she died in October, '11"

JPhurts (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 15, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been taking 100mg for over a month and had quite the reverse of increased appetite or weight gain, although this could be due to the low dose. But also I feel my manic behaviour is not necessarily under full control whilst the tablet also makes it near impossible for me to get up before 7am on consecutive days. All in all though I do feel more balanced, productive and a better sense of self purpose and an ability to plan realistically on this drug. Although at this stage I am keeping a close eye on feelings of paranoia creeping in. It can be hard to tolerate the side effects of this drug though."

Bex8926 October 15, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Horrible I was put on 200 seroquel and now I've been diagnosed with hypotension. I get dizzy all the time it's been three months and I have to go off its that severe this side effect is horrible! Especially for a student not being able to concentrate"

Jazzy jazz October 13, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I started on 25gm day / 25mg at night and it didn't touch me. Went up to 25mg day and 50mg night and the same happened. On 50mg day and 100mg at night, worked for a week and the Manics are back but less severe but the lows are lower than I've ever felt. I came on here looking for answers to what mg does Bipolar be treated at? I'm in assessment and no one will tell me whether I am or not. I know I am! History in family and the highs, lows, rage, plus more are definitely more than depression (I was misdiagnosed for 20 years). I'm just praying that I find peace in my days. My work involves intense creativity and I'm afraid the drug will close this door for me."

Justme72 October 11, 2015

For Insomnia: "I've been taking a very low dose of Seroquel (1/2 tab, 12.5 mg I think) off and on for several months now, for anxiety, depression and insomnia (off-label). It is the most effective sleep inducer I have every taken. The problem for me is that the effects lasts for about 36 hours, not just 8! The whole next day is low-energy, although it is also low anxiety. So it is good when you absolutely need to recover sleep or take a break, but I cannot use it on a regular basis at all and continue to function at work etc."

Nerfball (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2015

For Insomnia: "Prescribed this medication at the age of 16 for insomnia. 25 mg. Knocked me out for 14-20 hours at a time. Changed to half a 25 mg tablet. Sleep just fine. Now at the age of 20 after not using it for 3 years still works the exact same way, no side effects, helps me fall asleep and stay asleep for at least 8 hours. LIFE SAVER. Never been on a higher dose than 25 mg, solely used for sleep."

BrennanHP October 10, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking seroquel for a little over a year and a half now and it has been the best thing for me. I started off at 350mg when my mania was insanely uncontrollable. But after 2 months I was able to go down to 250 and ever since its been perfect because I don't fight the drowsiness in the mornings and get a great nights rest. I did gain weight, only 20 pounds, but I have always been extremely athletic (2 sport collegiate athlete) and it didn't really affect me at all. Just as long as it keeps the manic/depressive episodes on lock down I think I can handle a curvier body. I seriously reccommend this if you can handle a little weight gain!"

Ann2002 October 8, 2015

For Insomnia: "This is a fantastic medication. For years I have dealt with severe cases of sleepwalking that doctors were unable to find a solution for. A family member one night gave me a seroquel 25 milligram tablet and for the first time in years I had a zero sleepwalking. I immediately went to my physician and told him of the fantastic progress this medication has made. He first prescribed me 25 milligram dose at bedtime this over the first month increase to 250 milligrams which I feel is an absolutely fantastic dose for me. I have taken this medication now at the 250 milligram dose and find it still works amazingly. I get an absolutely complete night sleep and no side effects in the morning. I was never a morning person do to sleep walking. 100% better"

Sleepwalking-in-newfoundland (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 7, 2015

For Insomnia: "This drug was a life-saver. I had severe insomnia, the doctor said one of the hardest cases he has ever treated. I tried all the usuals, would get some sleep every couple of days. I started on this medication at 50mg, and moved up gradually to 300mg. Within a week I was sleeping wonderfully. It is a deep deep sleep, and it was hard to rouse at the higher dosage. Very vivid dreams. I did not experience any hunger or weight gain. I moved back gradually to 25mg, and would sometimes only take half of that tablet. I just quit taking Seroquel totally after 8 months."

MBrook (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2015

For Schizophrenia: "Very good drug. Tried olanzapine and aripiprazole and this is the best. Made my depression a bit better also. Better than lithium citalapram and sertraline as I've tried all these for depression with no success. Relieved me of anxiety too. Does make you super groggy after taking it so be careful guys"

supershid (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Quetiapine 50mg every night for almost four years for mainly insomnia and bipolar episodes. This drug makes me fall asleep within 90 minutes of taking it. It took about 6 months to finally figure out when the best time for me to take it was. I recommend having the same bed time every night for best nights sleep with this drug. When I first started taking quetiapine, I had mild hallucinations as I got drowsy Little things like the wall `tingling` have been seen. After over 3 years of taking this medication, my muscles have started twitching randomly. Each month it is getting slightly worse. My doctor and I are thinking of switching to another drug. Overall this is a great medication for insomnia, not for long term use."

Spityyy October 5, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "I have taken it for PTSD at night for a long time. I'm able to sleep without having horrific nightmares. There is weight gain, but that boosts me to eat healthy and exercise, which helps my depression! klonipin to help with daytime anxiety and Seroquel before bed are the two drugs that keep me sane and able to live a normal life."

Kmtdstr (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 2, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This was the first anti-psychotic I was put on, I was pushed into it by my psychiatrist at the time. I was on a low dose, 150mg. I took it for four months before taking myself off it due to extreme tiredness and horrific weight gain...I gained over 2.5 stones in the time I was on it, despite managing my food intake very carefully and exercising rigorously. A couple of years later I wound up being prescribed Seroquel again, this time at 300mg. Same as last time it really knocked me out and once again I gained weight. This med did nothing for my mood, but I kept being told to 'give the medication time to work.' After 6 months I came off it again. Since weaning off the med I haven't slept properly, and that was almost 3 months ago."

WhichMed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I suffer from Bipolar disorder and found that this drug works wonders. If I may say, this is the wonder drug they say that doesn't exist. Now, I would usually complain how I went from x stone to y stone, but I'm drastically slim, so it's done me well to gain 60 pounds. This medicine helps controls Psychotic disorders by allowing you that extra few seconds to respond, whereas before you would just react without thinking. It is known as a major sedative because, well, it slows you down. This drug is usually used in conjunction of Antidepressant medications, and mood stabilizers. I suggest this drug, don't listen to the annoyed people who are now 20 pounds heavier. There is nothing to complain about if it helps, then it's worth every pound"

PsychiatricEarth September 30, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I am being court ordered to take this prescribed medication. I don't like taking any drug. The side effects I have are lethargy, diziness, my tongue doesn't work at times, I have knots in my stomach, headache, I sleep for more than half the day, lower back pain and leg pain and cramping. I am prescribed 25mg but I break the pill in half so I am only taking half per day. I am less angry maybe because I have no desire to do anything. I have been taking the drug for five months now. I just want to be drug free. I don't think I will check this site again but I would like some responses."

mama29 September 29, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Worst medication ever! I took a small dose of 50 mg at bedtime and it gave me the WORST sugar cravings and made me eat uncontrollably!! I took seroquel for 9 months and gained 40 pounds. Do not take this medication it destroyed my health!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2015