User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

6.6
Tourette's Syndrome 1 reviews 11 medications

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 625 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Depression: "Helped with anxiety but made my depression worst"

Lovonne March 16, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking Seraquel for 10 years of varying dosage until finding the right balance of this medication. It cured my insomnia and dampened the racingthoughts. Very happy with it for those reasons. However. I feel very dizzy and tired around an hour after taking 350mg at night. It levels out the mood swings. Curbs feelings of elation and empathy. Which is quite a price to pay for steady moods. To conclude, Seraquel has had a very positive influence in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder. I think of it as preventative medication that "quietens" the mind. (Hence Quetiapine - it's pharmaceutical name)."

Daviebhoy22 (taken for 10 years or more) March 15, 2015

For Paranoid Disorder: "I'm on quetiapine 200mg fast release, I take one before sleep works really well when catching them zzzzz... The funny thing is my Dreams are more wacky and a lot more Vivid then ever. But as long as the sleep issue is good I am happy. No problem at all besides the wacky dreams. The pills keep me away from Meth.."

brado (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2015

For Insomnia: "love it. best sleep ever. i could go days without sleep with a mind wondering constantly. not now.. only side effect i have is munchies, but i have learned to eat a little when i take and go to bed within the hour. wish i had years ago.. miracle drug!!!"

lilbitcraze March 12, 2015

For Insomnia: "Started this about 3 days now and finally I can get SOME sleep. Have tried them all but were unsuccessful in knocking me out. Started at 25mg which didn't even affect me, no sleep then jumped to 100mg and got a good 4-5 hours sleep but still waking up early morning unable to fall back to sleep. Upped to 150mg same thing maybe a little deeper sleep. Going to take 200mg tonight but will continue the increase until I can sleep soundly the WHOLE night. Great medication IMO"

nicsnice33 March 12, 2015

For Insomnia: "The good - Was given 25mg for sleep issues. It sure definitely helps with sleep. Will knock ya out at 25mg. Ambien was not very effective and its very dangerous drug if you wake up while taking it, will never take Ambien again. The bad - I feel like I'm in a groggy haze for 4+ hours in the morning. Very sedated and slow thinking. Also seemed to cause intense dreams in the beginning. Don't think I will, or can continue on a daily basis. I have things to do during the day. Could be useful if you really need some good sleep and don't have much to do the next day."

agoraphob (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have really bad insomnia which is triggered by my depression & anxiety. My shrink gave me this medicine & I sleep like a baby. The thing is I started having these dreams & they feel so real. But I thought this was only me until I started reading other reviews. I have to have at least 8hrs to sleep or then I'm rather groggy. I'm happy for the sleep because I was up for 36 hrs at a time."

Tweety05 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Works great for me"

calebcass1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on Seroquel for 10 years and before I started this medication I was self destructive to myself, very bad episodes going up and down manic episides and I couldnt sleep without myself thinking about everything and worrying all the time but now since I've been on it. I feel very much better. I feel like myself now and happier now and have a better relationship with my mother and 2 beautiful boys of mine! And now I'm also getting help for my addiction! Thank you Seroquel for a better life!"

hotmama1987 (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2015

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Managed to stabilise my mood swings on only 100mg daily, helped greatly with sleep however, did leave me feeling drowsy during the day"

Wooly Hollie March 1, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I truly think this medication may have saved my life. I'm 24, and I knew I had some mental issues since I was a teen. Until now I never took them seriously, but looking back.. I'm so glad I was diagnosed and treated with this medication. I suffered for so many years with little sleep, alcoholism, panick attacks, mood swings, ludacris spending... you name it. Seroquel allows me to be the person I want to be. It slows me down and allows me to act more rationally and sleep properly. I'm so thankful this medication exists, I never want to live a day without it."

MrAtlantis (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 1, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have only just begun a week ago 25mg to start. So far the worst of my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder symptoms: panic upon waking, has subsided. Increasing dose tomorrow as still anxious through the day."

Can't find name not in use (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I lived with severe mood swings and major depression since I was 7 years old and I started taking Seroquel at 27. It changed my life for the better. It was as if someone had turned on the lights. I was able to identify negative and delusional thoughts and I developed massive insights into my mental health. I've gained 40kg in 7 years though and I'm now trialling alterntives. I had a severe allergic reaction to Saphris, but it did everything that Seroquel did and more. I'm now looking into Zeldox or Latuda."

Seanie (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 28, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have bipolar type 2 for 20 years now. I'm also a registered nurse. I take depakote for my mood stabilizer and lexapro and for about 6 years was on 25mg of seroquel for sleep. It put me to sleep, a very deep restful sleep, but I found come morning when it was time to wake for work I was soooooo groggy throughout the day it was awful....UNTIL when I had to come off my depakote to get pregnant and my doctor said we could increase my seroquel to take its place, that the higher the dose of seroquel 200+ the LESS daytime sleepiness I would have and I wake up feeling refreshed. Most sedating drugs the reverse is true,like for exp. Valium take a tiny dose ok but bigger doses and your asleep. Not true of seroquel. Look it up or ask ur psych"

JND711 February 22, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "Seroquel XR worked very well for me with a combination of Seroquel and Zoloft together. I've been well for over 3 years now. Usually I would fall in to a depression with in a year just taking an antidepressent Because my body would build a tolerance to the medications. I know this medicine isn't for everyone, but I've had a very good experience and I'm stable and happy."

cdfig83 February 20, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Been on Seroquel XR for 8 years. Can't believe I wasn't on this medicine when I was working , maybe I would not of been alcoholic for 40 years."

retired early February 18, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Only on week 1 of this med, but I CANNOT believe the change in my mood. I am taking this to treat bipolar 2, anxiety and poor sleep quality. I take 50mg at night and sleep like a baby. Make sure to get 8-10 hours of sleep/night and you won't feel drowsy the next morning. It's eliminated my anxiety entirely and I feel completely stabilized. I haven't had any trouble with weight gain; in fact, I've already lost a few lbs, due to the fact that I no longer feel emotionally-driven to binge eat. No side effects as far as I can tell. An ABSOLUTE MIRACLE DRUG. Just praying the results hold up."

valchicago February 13, 2015

For Insomnia: "I like Seroquel for sleep better than ANYTHING I've tried ( Trazodone, Ambien, Restoril, Melatonin, Ativan, Benadryl, and Hydroxzine). Its the best out there... Except for the ultra vivid dreams!"

Ashli J February 6, 2015

For Insomnia: "On the nights when I forget to take my 100mg of Quetipine I wake up in the middle of the night at 3am or 4am and am unable to go back to sleep and end up staring blankly at my computer screen. Most every night I take it and even if a trip or two to the bathroom is necessary, I can fall back asleep in minutes. However, this medication is very strong even at the 100mg level and I often have to hug the walls and furniture to safely walk to the bathroom. I'm sure others that take this medication have a loss of control of balance. I only take this medication about 1/2 an hour before bedtime or I find that suddenly I can't find the keys on the keyboard anymore and am EXTREMELY SEDATED. I get a solid 7 hours of sleep most nights."

dmhobbit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I started taking 25mg and now on 150mg nightly with the option of going up to 300mg if needed. Although I have not been on it long enough to make comment on weight gain it has been fantastic for my mind and mood. I get a good nights sleep and although I can still be a bit groggy in the morning this passes during the day. Best tablet for me in a long time."

Lorz18 February 4, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've been on Zoloft for 7 years. I experienced my first panic attack about 2 years in. Since then it had gotten really bad, so much that I was having 3 or more a week. I was given quetiapine by a psychiatrist. He recommended half a tablet (tab is 25mg) so 12.5mg morning and night, but to start taking it just at night to see how I go on it. The first night I slept about 11 hours. The next night was 8. It sorted itself out after that first night. I still do not take it in the morning as I don't want to be drowsy at work. As far as the panic attacks go, I've been on it for 2 months now and I've only had one. I've been able to accept a promotion that has me work 6 hours from home for a few weeks. I have my life back!"

Jac. January 24, 2015

For Insomnia: "My shrink upped my doses to 200 mg and I think that's to much because I started to get a rapid heart beat. I lost about 20 pounds due to my major depression. I had to quit my job because I would be drowsy. At first it worked and helped me sleep. I guess I built a tolerance to it now I take 1/4 of 200mg and I try not take every night. "

mrvicc90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been taking this for five years and have never been better. I think you just have to find what works for you. My Psych Doc is the best!"

dustbowl (taken for 10 years or more) January 8, 2015

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I stayed in my own little comfortable world as I called it because I was paranoid, bad compulsions, habits, hypochondria, everyday was a struggle and I would cry randomly. I did not consider myself depressed because I was such a happy girl even though at a split second I would turn into something else and would have no emotion for anything. Sometimes I would have bad anxiety due to giving myself all of this stress and I couldn't eat and then I became sick and most of the time with that, came no confidence and sometimes I had many flowing ideas and such creativity. I was diagnosed recently with Hypomania, BPD and a bit of skitz. This med has helped so much but if you have symptoms of bipolar do not take anxiety medication...you'll feel terrible."

Meegz (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2015

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I was on and off Seroquel for 3 years. It helped with my depression and most of my anxiety, certainly put a stop to my insomnia. I hated the way I would feel when I woke in the morning though. I hated not being able to just get up and go, it usually took until mid afternoon to feel 100% clear. I found though that after a few years its effects on me at 100mg were wearing thin. It no longer helped with my paranoia at all and I would be up half the night. I also gained nearly 20kg, stopped taking it and have dropped over 10kg so far. Also having my daughter seems to have shifted something mentally and found that I no longer need to continue taking it to control everything."

BPD Mama (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 1, 2015