User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 4)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 13 reviews 46 medications

5.5
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 726 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Insomnia: "My doctor prescribed me this for insomnia. It makes me sleepy but makes me disconnect from reality, become very sad, and have extremely vivid nightmares."

AnonymousInsomniac (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Just started taking 50mg a week ago. So thankful for a good night's rest and wake up happy. What a difference! (Hope it lasts!!)"

Rec999 October 16, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel is great. Been taking it for seven years. I take 200mg at night for bipolar. It does take time to get used to it. I does cause me to get hungry 30 minute's after taking in it. Just eat a healthy snack. At first I did gain a couple pounds. Searching on line did not help. Everyone's complains how much you need to eat. It's self control. I make sure to exercise everyday. And trust me it's no easy. There's day I have no energy. But I tell my self I have 3 little girl's and have to make sure I do not get fat and unhealthy. I have bad mood swings with out it. It caused me to make it miserable for my wife and kids and coworkers. Driving was a mission everyday."

Mike cal October 15, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "My mom was prescribed Seroquel in 2010 for dementia ! I talked to my pharmacist. Tom, he showed me the FDA's warning; Seroquel had been given the highest warning "Black Boxed" Mom had Dementia, was 75 yrs old, and weighed 76lbs, she died in October, '11"

JPhurts (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 15, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been taking 100mg for over a month and had quite the reverse of increased appetite or weight gain, although this could be due to the low dose. But also I feel my manic behaviour is not necessarily under full control whilst the tablet also makes it near impossible for me to get up before 7am on consecutive days. All in all though I do feel more balanced, productive and a better sense of self purpose and an ability to plan realistically on this drug. Although at this stage I am keeping a close eye on feelings of paranoia creeping in. It can be hard to tolerate the side effects of this drug though."

Bex8926 October 15, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Horrible I was put on 200 seroquel and now I've been diagnosed with hypotension. I get dizzy all the time it's been three months and I have to go off its that severe this side effect is horrible! Especially for a student not being able to concentrate"

Jazzy jazz October 13, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I started on 25gm day / 25mg at night and it didn't touch me. Went up to 25mg day and 50mg night and the same happened. On 50mg day and 100mg at night, worked for a week and the Manics are back but less severe but the lows are lower than I've ever felt. I came on here looking for answers to what mg does Bipolar be treated at? I'm in assessment and no one will tell me whether I am or not. I know I am! History in family and the highs, lows, rage, plus more are definitely more than depression (I was misdiagnosed for 20 years). I'm just praying that I find peace in my days. My work involves intense creativity and I'm afraid the drug will close this door for me."

Justme72 October 11, 2015

For Insomnia: "I've been taking a very low dose of Seroquel (1/2 tab, 12.5 mg I think) off and on for several months now, for anxiety, depression and insomnia (off-label). It is the most effective sleep inducer I have every taken. The problem for me is that the effects lasts for about 36 hours, not just 8! The whole next day is low-energy, although it is also low anxiety. So it is good when you absolutely need to recover sleep or take a break, but I cannot use it on a regular basis at all and continue to function at work etc."

Nerfball (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2015

For Insomnia: "Prescribed this medication at the age of 16 for insomnia. 25 mg. Knocked me out for 14-20 hours at a time. Changed to half a 25 mg tablet. Sleep just fine. Now at the age of 20 after not using it for 3 years still works the exact same way, no side effects, helps me fall asleep and stay asleep for at least 8 hours. LIFE SAVER. Never been on a higher dose than 25 mg, solely used for sleep."

BrennanHP October 10, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking seroquel for a little over a year and a half now and it has been the best thing for me. I started off at 350mg when my mania was insanely uncontrollable. But after 2 months I was able to go down to 250 and ever since its been perfect because I don't fight the drowsiness in the mornings and get a great nights rest. I did gain weight, only 20 pounds, but I have always been extremely athletic (2 sport collegiate athlete) and it didn't really affect me at all. Just as long as it keeps the manic/depressive episodes on lock down I think I can handle a curvier body. I seriously reccommend this if you can handle a little weight gain!"

Ann2002 October 8, 2015

For Insomnia: "This is a fantastic medication. For years I have dealt with severe cases of sleepwalking that doctors were unable to find a solution for. A family member one night gave me a seroquel 25 milligram tablet and for the first time in years I had a zero sleepwalking. I immediately went to my physician and told him of the fantastic progress this medication has made. He first prescribed me 25 milligram dose at bedtime this over the first month increase to 250 milligrams which I feel is an absolutely fantastic dose for me. I have taken this medication now at the 250 milligram dose and find it still works amazingly. I get an absolutely complete night sleep and no side effects in the morning. I was never a morning person do to sleep walking. 100% better"

Sleepwalking-in-newfoundland (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 7, 2015

For Insomnia: "This drug was a life-saver. I had severe insomnia, the doctor said one of the hardest cases he has ever treated. I tried all the usuals, would get some sleep every couple of days. I started on this medication at 50mg, and moved up gradually to 300mg. Within a week I was sleeping wonderfully. It is a deep deep sleep, and it was hard to rouse at the higher dosage. Very vivid dreams. I did not experience any hunger or weight gain. I moved back gradually to 25mg, and would sometimes only take half of that tablet. I just quit taking Seroquel totally after 8 months."

MBrook (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2015

For Schizophrenia: "Very good drug. Tried olanzapine and aripiprazole and this is the best. Made my depression a bit better also. Better than lithium citalapram and sertraline as I've tried all these for depression with no success. Relieved me of anxiety too. Does make you super groggy after taking it so be careful guys"

supershid (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Quetiapine 50mg every night for almost four years for mainly insomnia and bipolar episodes. This drug makes me fall asleep within 90 minutes of taking it. It took about 6 months to finally figure out when the best time for me to take it was. I recommend having the same bed time every night for best nights sleep with this drug. When I first started taking quetiapine, I had mild hallucinations as I got drowsy Little things like the wall `tingling` have been seen. After over 3 years of taking this medication, my muscles have started twitching randomly. Each month it is getting slightly worse. My doctor and I are thinking of switching to another drug. Overall this is a great medication for insomnia, not for long term use."

Spityyy October 5, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "I have taken it for PTSD at night for a long time. I'm able to sleep without having horrific nightmares. There is weight gain, but that boosts me to eat healthy and exercise, which helps my depression! klonipin to help with daytime anxiety and Seroquel before bed are the two drugs that keep me sane and able to live a normal life."

Kmtdstr (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 2, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This was the first anti-psychotic I was put on, I was pushed into it by my psychiatrist at the time. I was on a low dose, 150mg. I took it for four months before taking myself off it due to extreme tiredness and horrific weight gain...I gained over 2.5 stones in the time I was on it, despite managing my food intake very carefully and exercising rigorously. A couple of years later I wound up being prescribed Seroquel again, this time at 300mg. Same as last time it really knocked me out and once again I gained weight. This med did nothing for my mood, but I kept being told to 'give the medication time to work.' After 6 months I came off it again. Since weaning off the med I haven't slept properly, and that was almost 3 months ago."

WhichMed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I suffer from Bipolar disorder and found that this drug works wonders. If I may say, this is the wonder drug they say that doesn't exist. Now, I would usually complain how I went from x stone to y stone, but I'm drastically slim, so it's done me well to gain 60 pounds. This medicine helps controls Psychotic disorders by allowing you that extra few seconds to respond, whereas before you would just react without thinking. It is known as a major sedative because, well, it slows you down. This drug is usually used in conjunction of Antidepressant medications, and mood stabilizers. I suggest this drug, don't listen to the annoyed people who are now 20 pounds heavier. There is nothing to complain about if it helps, then it's worth every pound"

PsychiatricEarth September 30, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I am being court ordered to take this prescribed medication. I don't like taking any drug. The side effects I have are lethargy, diziness, my tongue doesn't work at times, I have knots in my stomach, headache, I sleep for more than half the day, lower back pain and leg pain and cramping. I am prescribed 25mg but I break the pill in half so I am only taking half per day. I am less angry maybe because I have no desire to do anything. I have been taking the drug for five months now. I just want to be drug free. I don't think I will check this site again but I would like some responses."

mama29 September 29, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Worst medication ever! I took a small dose of 50 mg at bedtime and it gave me the WORST sugar cravings and made me eat uncontrollably!! I took seroquel for 9 months and gained 40 pounds. Do not take this medication it destroyed my health!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I first tried the generic for topamax and I just felt depressed. I've been on lexpro also for about 2 years. When I got prescribed seroquel I was nervous about the "tired" side effect, but my Pdoc said as long as I take it before bed I should be okay and might feel some fatigue. First week, I was EXTREMELY tired when waking up. I would sleep at least 10 hours and it was still difficult for me to wake up. I slept the whole night and fell asleep great, but WOW it was very difficult to get out of bed in the morning. I was told no not up my dose the 2nd week. After 2 full weeks I felt like a zombie. Yay for being calm, but I was too calm. No motivation to work, college homework, and I started feeling sad and crying for no reason. Not for me."

BipolarllQueen95 September 25, 2015

For Depression: "Was put on Seroquel as a mood stabilizer along with my anti depressant 3 years ago. Worked wonderfully. Was able to sleep, eat (which I couldn't do due to anxiety) and felt good. At first. After 3 years I gained 40 pounds, ate like a pig and had heart palpitations, high prolactin levels and felt like a zombie. I have been off of it for almost a month. Terrible drug for me."

cyvettee September 22, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I experienced a major traumatic event that resulted in the loss of my 4 year old daughter and almost the loss of my own life with permanent organ damage. In the hospital, I was started on high doses of lorazepam which did nothing. When I returned home I deteriorated fast and the PTSD symptoms increased. Anyone who has PTSD can tell you it's completely paralyzing. I was taken to the emergency room and given Seroquel to take 25mg in the morning and 50mg before bedtime. This medicine honestly saved my life. I was able to make it through her funeral and some very hard times. It's been 1 1/2 years and with therapy I've been able to taper down to 12.5mg at bedtime. This dose easily puts me to sleep and has a calming effect."

Sophia10 September 19, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "150 Mg controls my anxiety but leave me very tired. Within 2 hours of taking it at night I feel drugged and have to go to bed. I sleep all night without waking but sleep at least 10 hours a night. I'm looking for an alternative without the side effect."

Noah1 September 13, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Of all medications I have taken for mental illnesses, Seroquel has been the most effective. It started working almost immediately. At first 25mg nightly, then 50mg, to 75mg, to 100mg only at bed time due to the drowsiness that accompanies it. I now take 150mg at bed and 25mg with breakfast and 25mg at lunch time which is keeping anxiety at bay. It required an increase monthly for me until now. The biggest benefit was treatment of insomnia, which in turn helped me manage my days better. It hasn't been effective in preventing or even reducing the effects of mania which is why it didn't get a full 10/10 from me. The worse side effect has been the constant weight gain."

TheSunWillRiseToBetterDays September 12, 2015

For Depression: "I had depression and could not sleep longer than 2 hour. With Seroquel 200 mg I was ok and slept 8 to 9 hours after 6 to 7 weeks. Side effects dizziness weakness, sweating, chills, cough loss of appetite. I got to dread taking it because of side effects. I would wait and fall asleep naturally but only last for 2 to 3 hours wake up take a short walk to feel tired again and then would take 100 mg and go to sleep still side effects not as bad but would get anxious upon awakening and needed to usually take lorazapam or equivalent. Going to see doc and hope he can suggest something different"

chevy39 September 9, 2015