User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Paranoid Disorder 6 reviews 2 medications

Tourette's Syndrome 1 reviews 12 medications

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 544 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Quetiapine

Review by LZ Bronco (taken for 10 years or more):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Vietnam, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) went FUBAR 15 years ago. That's the first time I contacted the VA or even heard of PTSD. One severe symptom was inability to sleep. VA was very slow to give me an appointment so I went to a private shrink who got me on Seroquel. VA has kept me on it since. Taking this, I have been able to get a good night's sleep every night since. Since then and to this date, if I forget to take it, I either can't fall asleep at all or doze off for about 45 min, then wake up wide awake, and can't get back to sleep . The FDA hasn't approved this for PTSD sleep disorders, but should do so immediately. I've had no side effects whatsoever, unlike many other medicines I've been on/off for PTSD.

July 5, 2014 4:07 PM

Review by bill3746 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: I take Seroquel when required for anxiety and it works! I used to take Klonopin (and have been through the cycle of benzodiazapines) and it caused significant memory problems, of which it makes me very angry. I don't have the memory problems with the Seroquel and it totally stomps out my anxiety. I take 25mg and it has worked great. The drawback to this medication is that it makes me hungry. I am trying to maintain a healthy weight (and lose some weight as well).

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 23, 2014 9:38 AM

Review by SGM:

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I went to a psychiatrist last week for post traumatic stress disorder having been diagnosed by the VA when I retired. I was put on 50 mg quetiapine. While in two days my lifetime nail biting ceased and I feel less anxious I am tired as heck.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2014 11:58 PM

Review by lipo (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: Feeling depressed, cried first thing I woke up.

June 18, 2014 8:11 PM

Review by JesusFreak1967:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel has worked wonderful for me so far! Levels out my ups and downs. No racing thoughts. Doesn't make me aggressive. Helps with my post traumatic stress disorder also!

June 16, 2014 8:16 AM

Review by sarrakii (taken for less than 1 month):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: I have only been on Seroquel 25 mg for just over a week. So I cannot say if I will experience the weight gain or not. But so far this is the best thing that's worked for me. I was horrifically depressed and anxious for over a year, and before that moderately. But after just 1 days on the Seroquel I felt a huge difference. My thoughts had slowed down, my anxiety and depression got cut in half, my appreciation of time and continuity came back a bit, the disassociation was appeased. For the past year I felt like I was on one giant bad paranoia trip, and only after I started taking this medicine did I feeling normal again. There are still major things that are a problem, but the Seroquel makes it way more manageable.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 14, 2014 9:44 PM

Review by Rip Van Winkle (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: Now I realize my experience is somewhat limited, but if my doctor had not prescribed it for me about four days ago, I might be typing from a rubber room. Because of certain very stressful life events, I began to experience insomnia about two months ago. For those two months, I was getting approximately 3 hours of fragmented sleep a night. I started taking 50 mgs of this medicine four nights ago, and I'm getting 7-8 hours of sleep per night. This medicine broke the anxiety > insomnia > anxiety > insomnia cycle. Once you're in the circle of that cyclical hell, it's very difficult to break out of it.

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2014 1:59 PM

Review by eguzman8586 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: When first diagnosed another medication was prescribed. I then researched Seroquel. Being an insomniac I asked my PVC if I could try it. It made life so much easier. I began to control my agitation with others. I used to fly off the handle and what I call "my crazy" would come out. If looks could kill I would be guilty of numerous killings. I am able to be in situations that are less than desirable without offending anyone. It was a challenge being around others who were not as intelligent and immature whereas now I recognize how I should interact with them. My true personality is seen rather than the perception that followed me for the majority of my life.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2014 1:20 AM

Review by MinnieMouse00 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: I have been taking this medicine for a little over two years, but I recently stopped. It is a WONDERFUL medicine for doing what it's supposed to do: making you sleep and stopping your racing thoughts. I don't regret taking it, because I badly needed it at the time. However, this medicine has HORRIBLE side effects. For me, they outweigh the benefits. I developed an intestinal problem, high blood sugar, and gained over 30 pounds that I could not lose no matter what I tried. I also feel like my mind is slower, and I can no longer retain as much information. I would not recommend taking this medication long term. There are also other negative effects that I was lucky enough not to experience.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2014 6:42 PM

Review by yayo53 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Helps you stable and calm

June 4, 2014 3:51 PM

Review by BrianaG:

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: 50 mg a night & I can sleep through the night. As soon as I skip a dose my panic comes right back. The only downside is I'm tired all day from it but unable to nap.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2014 12:52 PM

Review by Mumcat2 (taken for 10 years or more):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for : I find this medicine not only helps control my (chronic)pain but also gives me more energy, alertness and concentration. Bizarre but true.

May 20, 2014 12:14 PM

Review by tgr82:

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Calms and suppresses when having any kind of attack, anxiety or overwhelming depression.

May 19, 2014 9:24 AM

Review by drew742:

For Borderline Personality Disorder: I found Seroquel(quetiapine) to be the best medicine for me it really helped my thoughts slow down and allowed me to regain control of my thoughts/emotions, it also helped with my insomnia which was an added benefit. I also take an antidepressant and it seems to work well with it as I used to get bad headaches from the antidepressant alone but since adding Seroquel to it I no longer get these headaches. I guess if I had to say one negative thing about it, it does seem to increase my appetite /possible weight gain but I feel the benefits outweigh the negative as the increased appetite/mild weight gain can be controlled by eating healthy and exercise. Overall a great medication for me.

May 5, 2014 10:09 AM

Review by chellegovea:

For Paranoid Disorder: I have Delusional parasitosis. It has made my life a living hell for over 3 years. I was prescribed Seroquel last month and after taking it one time my symptoms we're nearly gone. For me it's a godsend.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 2, 2014 9:58 PM

Review by pookie babe (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was on Seroquel for a year. I was fat, no energy, restless leg syndrome and elevated glucose. Seroquel has too many serious side effects.

April 30, 2014 1:02 PM

Review by DeadBunny (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: All the other medications I have been on produced horrible side effects. Seroquel works great and the only side effect is sleepiness. Stable at 600mg and quite pleased.

April 25, 2014 6:24 PM

Review by tillyissilly:

For Insomnia: On this for BPD and possible bipolar and anxiety helped my anxiety a lot after lorazepam and haliperidol stopped working. Its a great medicine, saved my life. I take 25mg three times a day also helped with my anger and evened out my mood since Depakote and lamotrigine wasn't working alone but I still take these hunger issues were a problem at first but Depakote causes bad hunger too but glad to say its no longer a problem BUT they just don't knock me out even with the Valium I take you'd think I would just crash but nope 3-4am every day I fall asleep even though I take the pill at 8pm!!

April 13, 2014 7:05 PM

Review by maisymoo:

For Borderline Personality Disorder: Been on quetiapine a month for borderline personality disorder and possible bipolar and a mild psychosis, take 25mg three times daily. I love it my moods and anxiety are much more stable and so are the voices. I do take it along with Depakote 2000mg, lamotrigine 100mg, zopiclone 7.5mg, diazepam 5mg and lorazepam 1mg as needed and haloperidol 5mg as needed but definitely the quetiapine that's sorted my head.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2014 5:48 PM

Review by insanelyquierd (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Took for bipolar. Good side effects: more or less consistently put me to sleep every night. Bad side effects: gained roughly 20 lbs 6 months in, had a difficult time getting up every day, needed more sleep than usual. It helped for awhile, but it mostly made my episodes less severe, did not effectively stop or prevent them.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 10, 2014 3:38 PM

Review by Thecircusrules (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Prescribed 600mg for bipolar 1, first three weeks nasty but stick with it these side effects disappear. Taken alongside lithium and I have never felt so well in over 20 years, awesome.

April 10, 2014 6:46 AM

Review by Crazygirl81 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Borderline Personality Disorder: I have been on Seroquel for about 2 months because I suffer from BPD, Bipolar disorder and depression. As I am still building up to find the right dose for me (currently at 200mg), but I have to say that the positives of this medicine are so much more than the negatives. I used to break out in anger fits to the point where I couldn't stop the anger and had to be held down. I would break into a crying fit seconds after being in a happy mood. Starting the Seroquel, within a week, my depression seemed to lower, my extreme paranoia disappeared, my anger subsided. I have discovered (after reading another review on here) that after alcohol drinking I get crying fits and anxiety attacks for a few days. I am excited to feel "normal" for once.

April 8, 2014 9:07 PM

Review by i2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel is amazing for me, gave me good nights sleep, calms me down. I take 800 mg along with Tegretol 800 mg.

April 7, 2014 11:51 AM

Review by basket-case (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I was diagnosed with severe generalized anxiety, mood instability and had pretty bad insomnia, where I would wake up mid sleep approximately 4 times a night. I've taken Cipralex (20mg) for a year and I've been on Seroquel(25mg) for about 5 months and I find that I'm able to think more clearly and act less impulsively. With my anxiety the physical symptoms have decreased quite a bit though mentally I am in control of my thoughts. As for sleep, I sleep a solid 8 hours a night usually undisturbed. I did experience a bit of a weight gain though (10-20 pounds).

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2014 7:04 PM

Review by Anxious Insomniac (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: I had been suffering from pretty severe anxiety and sleeplessness. I would usually be able to fall asleep but would then wake up 1-4 hours later and never be able to fall back asleep. I start Zoloft (50, then 100, now 150mg) a little over a month ago and my anxiety is basically gone. In conjunction with that I started taking Seroquel at the same time for sleep and it has been wonderful. I started out taking 50mg but am now taking 100mg a night about 30-45 minutes before bed. Within about a half hour I feel incredibly tired and relaxed, it's wonderful. For whatever reason this medication does give me the munchies to watch out for that. After a couple weeks on the medication I no longer feel drowsy in the morning which is great!

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2014 12:12 PM