User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Insomnia 97 reviews 96 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 453 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Quetiapine

Review by VUser (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

quetiapine for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I've been on quetiapine XR 50mg for almost 2 months mow and it's been great, no anxiety and my head is clear. HOWEVER, I have missed one dose of it once and started having bad heartburn with constant feeling of hunger and I think it's because of that. So, I will probably stop taking it, although I really don't want to.

June 5, 2013 2:11 AM
Review by Gwendollyn (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

quetiapine for Borderline Personality Disorder: I have been on Seroquel XR for almost 2 years now, and am at a dose of 400mg. If I drop down to 300mg I become unstable in my mood again. This medication has helped me become stable, I rarely become "high", due to this I have not self-harmed in a year and 6 months. The weight gain has made me uncomfortable, especially considering that the medication can make me very hungry. However, my weight has now stabilized and I ave a BMI of 28, so its not too bad. I still become very angry sometimes, but attribute this to my own behaviour and coping mechanisms. Overall, this has given me my life back. My family and friends have noticed the change in me and I feel that I can appear "normal".

June 1, 2013 1:14 PM
Review by BABYGIRL1178 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was diagnosed with bipolar when I was 14 years old I am now 34 years old. I have been many different medications for my bipolar. Seroquel has been a wonderful medication. I take 1000mg at bedtime. I have been on it for almost 16 years. It works well for me.

May 31, 2013 3:15 AM
Review by TOC Wildcat (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: After taking Seroquel for 5 months at 25 mg, I recently upped it to 50 mg at night-time. This has resulted in me being able to drop my Ativian from 2 mg to 1 mg and still get a great sleep. I am much more productive, think clearly and feel positive. I feel like my personality is coming back. Coincidence? I think not.

May 30, 2013 9:51 PM
Review by Dvjslj: User Rating:

quetiapine for Insomnia: I just started on 100mg at bedtime. I slept pretty good.

May 22, 2013 9:54 PM
Review by Johnramone23yrs: User Rating:

quetiapine for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Seroquel is an awesome medication for sleeping and some anxiety. Sometimes it's hard to say what I'm feeling because, I feel like an atomic bomb or something. I have ADHD, Bipolar 1, and obsessive compulsive disorder. Seroquel is great, I can see it doing wonders if I just had one thing. Was taking Adderall so when I took Seroquel I got schizophrenia at night like hearing and seeing things. Fun.

May 20, 2013 2:40 AM
Review by Jadey23:

quetiapine for Bipolar Disorder: I have just recently been taking this tablet I'm on a low dose 50mg I have been taking the tablet for 4 nights now so it's hard to really say much yet but this is what I have noticed I'm thinking much more normal now, I'm not agitated in stressful situations, I'm calmer than what I would normally be considering, I used to have suicidal thoughts everyday for the last couple of weeks since being on the medication I haven't thought about suicide and its got me up out of my slump and me doing things more productive I also was comfort eating when depress when I was not on medicines and now I feel I'm getting control and I'm not spending or making rash decisions or eating when I'm not hungry. I think quetiapine is helping I feel more balanced.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 20, 2013 1:27 AM
Review by HelloItsHolly: User Rating:

quetiapine for Borderline Personality Disorder: I have been on quetiapine for just over a year now for Borderline Personality Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. For the first 3 months all I did was sleep as I was 700mg, lost 2 stone then I got used to it and put weight back on, after lowering the dose 2 months later I was fine. I am now on 100mg, still have the odd problem and only been in hospital once more, I still see things and compared to how I was last year I am a completely different person. I'm a lot calmer, the voices in my head have calmed down, the feelings of intense rage have reduced and I can now talk to people. Only downsides, weight gain and my sex drive has fallen completely.

May 13, 2013 5:30 PM
Review by nickneneen: User Rating:

quetiapine for Insomnia: This does the job for mellowing you out then out you will be like a light. It makes you very hungry though and you may find it tricky at first getting out of bed at high doses. If you need a sleep this is perfect, remember its not the quantity of the sleep its the quality. This for sure gives you the quality.

May 11, 2013 11:13 AM
Review by maybeimadreamer: User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I take this medication for Bipolar II and it has been amazing at stabilizing my moods. I no longer feel filled with rage and irritability and no longer have issues with impulsive thoughts. The big problem that I am having with this medication is horrendous weight gain. I exercise at least three times a week and eat well, yet I have gained 20kg (44.09 pounds) in the 8 months that I have been on this medicine. Another issue I have is vivid dreams. But I think this is just a sign of getting deep and sound sleep - something I could never achieve prior to taking this medicine. It is amazing but a nightmare all rolled into one.

May 9, 2013 8:20 AM
Review by meddavies (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

quetiapine for Bipolar Disorder: I've been on 600mg along with 20mg of olanzapinne and 150mg of amitryptyline. I still get mood swings - not to the same extent as before but I still get them. Sometimes I find it hard to be around other people because my mood reflects theirs so I try to keep away. On a couple of occasions I've been on a high and I've invited the local homeless to crash at my flat; both times I was robbed while asleep. I'm considering Lithium as an alternative to my current medications but I don't see my psychiatrist for another month so I'll let you know then if there's any change.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 3, 2013 12:44 AM
Review by Emma (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: I was put on 25mg of Seroquel at age 15 due to major depression. I agree with the previous comment made, even on such a low dose I also feel I'm in a chemical straight jacket. I have trouble thinking straight, I can't concentrate for over 15 minutes, my sleep is average - it's extremely hard to wake up. I also find I'm so much more angrier and impulsive, I stutter and can't form words, as well as shaking uncontrollably in my legs when I get anxious. I also get headaches or even at least twice per week. However, my family and close friends have noticed a considerable improvement in my mental health eg suicidal thoughts have almost stopped completely and an increase in more 'happy Emma days'. Such a strong, powerful and dangerous med

April 30, 2013 5:19 AM
Review by lizzy1994: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: You can be very angry and go off on someone and then you take this medicine and then you think that you never went off on that person.

April 25, 2013 10:11 PM
Review by Midnight Cowboy (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: I have been on a few antidepressants for 11 years with only fair results. My Doctor started me on some Seroquel XR 200mg at bedtime over the last few weeks. This medication not only has helped me with the terrible side effects when you come off many of the typical SSRI but I am sleeping and my depression has improved from a 2 out of 10 to 7 out of ten. Sometimes, SSRI medication side effects are stated as minor but they can be very severe at times. More Doctors should know about Seroquel XR and the great results when stopping antidepressants.

April 23, 2013 4:24 PM
Review by Mac-lodge: User Rating:

quetiapine for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I suffer from O.C.D and Obsesive Compulsive personality disorder. I have had it since aged 12. I'm now in my 40's. For the last three years I've been on a high dose of quetiapine 600 mg nightly, I also take Lustral during day.. They have helped me so much, it's first time in years I've felt more 'normal'. Before I was very manic, etc., this has calmed me down a great deal. BUT, I'm always tired, not much energy, my weight has gone up, I used to exercise before but struggle now, BUT I'd rather be like this than manic, panicking, and a nightmare to live with!! I'm married with 4 children, it's a shame they have seen me at my worst many a time, which I feel terrible about. But now I'm on this medicines I'm a different person.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 23, 2013 9:31 AM
Review by tinkz (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

quetiapine for Borderline Personality Disorder: I have been taking quetiapine for 4 and a half months now after suffering with Borderline Personality Disorder for years. I was first diagnosed in 04 when I was 19, 8 years later I received the same diagnosis then 6 months later started receiving treatment when I started the medicine (100mg at night). It made me sleep all night long but did not do very much for my mood, was still in a very dark place. After a couple of months I found it was not "knocking me out" the way it had been and I was starting to be up throughout the night and now I don't sleep for more then an hour before waking up at night. My mood has lifted it has only improved on a normal day but still find certain situations difficult like dealing with people outside. Hopefully it will improve.

April 21, 2013 2:07 PM
Review by cmw94: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I just started taking Seroquel(50mg) for now at bed time, and will eventually increase the dose to 150mg when told to by my doctor. So far, I have experienced serious trouble waking up the next morning, but my doctor says this will go away as I continue to take it. As a teenager, I can honestly say it has helped so far, and that I highly recommend it to others who have struggled as I have.

April 16, 2013 1:56 PM
Review by Thadius (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

quetiapine for Insomnia: It's a wonderful knock out punch if everything else has failed, or if you've taken something like Ambien and it stops working. For me Ambien was great until it stopped working, I then tried Trazodone but that didn't help much. Seroquel is an antipsychotic but at small doses (25-50mg) it only hits histamine receptors so its like a large dose of Benadryl- but much better then Benadryl. Only downside is that it is a little hard to get out of bed the next day but you will sleep like a bear so it's worth it. Takes about an hour to an hour and a half to kick in and 25 mg does the trick for me. Also, there is no weight gain at small doses so that's nice too.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 1, 2013 8:31 PM
Review by gertie67 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: Gained excessive amounts of weight. Made me feel catatonic.

March 24, 2013 11:39 AM
Review by colintaughy (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

quetiapine for Insomnia: I've always had trouble sleeping since a young age I used to put it down to napping at days and watching T.V all night but as I grew older I realized sleep is almost impossible. I've tried these pills a few times and they seem to help better than Zopiclone and other medicines for sleep disorders.

March 11, 2013 7:43 PM
Review by DirtyDrew (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I had great success at doses of 200-400mg. Anything above that and I black out an hour after taking it. I found out later I had been writing belligerent texts, yelling at my children, and verbally abusing my wife. Im going to ask for 300mg since it helped my insomnia, and made me content and happy the next day. All without the horrible side effects listed above. I have tried Geodon, it gave me severe tachycardia, and yet made me too tired to function. A horrible inescapable feeling as the tachycardia made sleep impossible. Zyprexa just made me fat and gave me restless legs so bad I couldn't sleep. Seroquel is best by far, but have your loved ones monitor you.

March 11, 2013 11:59 AM
Review by DirtyDrew (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was prescribed 200-700mg for bipolar with psychotic features. At 200-400mg I slept well and woke up happy and felt content. Some symptoms remained, thus the increase to 700mg. At that level I had nightly blackouts where I would write belligerent texts to loved ones at night, and have no memory of it. I was horrified to learn of it later. I've tried Geodon and Zyprexa with bad results like drooling somnolence and tachycardia. Next doctor visit I will ask to be put on 300 Seroquel. I had good results at that level, and wish to return to that. Looking forward to it. I'm not on any anti-psychotic currently and I feel anxious.

March 11, 2013 1:22 AM
Review by NattyBoo (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was diagnosed with bipolar II about 5 yrs ago and I've tried everything on the market nothing worked for me except Seroquel. Right now I take 300 mg twice per day and I'm so stable. I'm loving it problem though with Seroquel is that its a major weight gainer. I would stop taking it on and off when I felt better but then would use other meds to bandage my symptoms...get back on then off again...until one day I decided to stop with the denial and allow someone to help me for real. I've been on it now faithfully for 9 months...but I've put on 60lbs! It makes me eat after hours in the middle of the night. I'm depressed because of the weight gain. So I workout at home at times trying to be more consistent. You have to work this medicine.

March 8, 2013 11:56 PM
Review by AnonymousIndian: User Rating:

quetiapine for Depression: I was prescribed Seroquel along with an antidepressant for mild depression. It helps with insomnia but pretty much knocks you out for 24 hours. You don't feel the energy to do any work. And the weight gain was pretty bad. I gained 40 lb in 11 months of this medication. Right now I am coming off it and feeling better.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 7, 2013 1:24 AM
Review by Matty A (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Slight improvement in mood, yet still witness episodes of bipolarity/depression, sometimes lasting more than 24 hrs in duration (previously these episodes could last a week or more) not so down and out all the time, negative effect on sexual 'drive', no real urge to even engage with the opposite sex, let alone participate in sexual activity

March 6, 2013 10:38 PM