User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

6.6
Tourette's Syndrome 1 reviews 12 medications

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 581 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Quetiapine

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "At first, it was horrible. I felt like I was dying every time I would take it before bed, I felt as if I were to fall asleep I'd never wake up. This lasted 2 weeks maybe a month.... My body eventually adjusted to it, the voices went away. Slowly, but surely. I was also in a serious state of depression, and it takes some time but now after a little over a year of taking it, being bipolar and having countless manic and depressive episodes, Seroquel has saved my life. I've never felt like myself like I do right now in such a long time. The only dumbs down is you have to seriously monitor your weight on this thing, the pounds just pile up if you don't watch your weight carefully.."

ECCENTRICAKIRE November 14, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I love Seroquel but not the XR type. Helps you to sleep well at night and wake up feeling great. Gives you major munchies at night and woke up with Reeses Pieces all over the bed. Does help with a lot on highs and lows. So for me it's worth a little weight gain. Overall this medicine has changed my life."

kaykay729 November 14, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel has worked wonders for me. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar 2, and after 7 months on Seroquel, I feel like a whole new person. I had been severely depressed and was self harming before getting on Seroquel, and now I have never been so happy before! The only problem is the weight gain - I have gained about 20 pounds since I started taking this medicine. But this side effect is worth it to have my depression and anxiety gone!"

Gemini21 November 10, 2014

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Great medication helps with bi-polar. If I had anything bad to say it would be that it makes you gain weight like crazy. However other then that I sleep better then I have in twenty some years. "

mnj34113 November 9, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "When I first went on this medication 300mg I did not like it at all. I had side effects of a type of floating- my head wasn't attached to my body- I'd be disorientated, only for a short time, but frequently at first. I don't really remember any other side effect. I wanted to stop taking this. I was 300 SR then went to normal Seroquel. Being on standard Seroquel helped. I asked to change off Seroquel and was told its a good medicine and just give it time- 6 weeks. Wow, I didn't like that idea. I did give it time, I was tried of a day, so went back to 150mg- over time I've been on 200mg also and now 300mg. I am so grateful to myself for hanging in there. I choose to be on Seroquel, I sleep a deep sleep, for me, I am happy. Very happy."

Koalamaiden - NSW (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 8, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Got diagnosed with bipolar disorder three months ago, and started on Seroquel 50 mg at night. It has helped me a lot, and I feel like a totally different person (in a good way - I've suffered for 10 years!). At first I just thought I was in a "normal" phase (not manic or depressive) - but the depressions usually sneaks up on me after a few weeks when I've felt normal before. Not had any side-effects, other than restless legs syndrome, but I've had that before, so it wasn't a biggie. This side-effect has also almost disappeared after a few months. Was so scared of weight gain, but I watched what I eat, and work out a lot, instead I've gotten skinnier and healthier. Thumbs up! I got my life back! "

Siri86 November 5, 2014

For Insomnia: "I have had chronic insomnia for three years along with occasional anxiety and mind racing. I've tried many of the major hitters, Ambien CR, Temazepam, Lunesta, etc. along with many other OTC ones. Tried all the ‘before bed’ tips (tea, no TV, even tried massages, meditation, music). With three years of insomnia I am surprised I don’t have some kind of mental illness going on. Anyways, after my doctor tried putting me on Quetiapine, 25MG – All I remember is laying my head down on the pillow and it was ‘lights out’. I slept 8 full hours then had to use the bathroom. Then went back to sleep for another four hours and slept like a baby. Wow! I was a little ‘out of it’ when I got up, but after a hot shower and a cup of coffee, I felt great."

Doug S. (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "This medication has truly saved my life! I have Bipolar 1 and would predominantly suffer from intense periods of mania, lasting up to 6 months. I was completely reckless and out of control in every way. Depression was less common but whenever it hit, I would attempt suicide and have done so three times in my life. However since taking quetapine, I became nearly instantly stable and I am now in Law School. No weight gain at all, not a single pound! However I cant loose weight either. I'm on 200mg daily at the moment."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2014

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I'm currently on a dosage of 50mg morning, 50mg afternoon, 100mg night. I requested my psych add this to my current medication, which is Welbutrin XL(300mg). The results have been strikingly positive. I personally have not experienced any significant side effects from either besides some minor weight gain. This combination is the first to make me feel hopeful, bring me out of a resistant depression and help with anxiety. Mood swings seem to be minimized compared to before this. They still happen but in a less extreme nature. I'm able to feel comfortable on my own, instead of going to a bar for company. I have yet to have the classic meltdown...I've experienced mental clarity that's been absent for years."

bpdjason (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2014

For Insomnia: "I have been on all kinds of Benzodiazepines for sleep due to anxiety and periods of alcohol withdrawal. SEROQUEL has been a life saver. I am 220 lbs and 6 foot tall and first took 200 MG and slept twelve hours. I could of had major surgery and not awoke! I have found 100 mgs to be very effective where as Trazodone is about a third as effective. SEROQUEL is a great tool for sleep, and especially for those that are getting Benzos or other medicines!"

Dugan5555 October 28, 2014

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel XR has changed my life! I tried regular Seroquel and it's like having your head in a bucket. The XL version feels like a completely different medicine. I take 100 mg at night. I wake up refreshed, happy, eager to start my day, I also take Lamictal 300 mg in the morning. No side effects from either medicine. I have been on both for about 7 years. I have been depressed once in that time and it was situational."

royal nepalese yak dog (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 21, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been taking Seroquel for 7 years, after 20 years of delusional thoughts, mania, and large amounts of depression. It worked within two weeks and I noticed that when I woke up each day that my delusional thoughts were getting easier to identify and let go of. It changed my life. Since taking Seroquel, I have been able to learn how to drive, work in permanent jobs, save money, travel overseas, socialise, have a successful relationship and reconnect with the real me. I have also worked on my cognitive and emotional development and continue to attend counselling. I have gained 30kgs, but this has probably come about due to the combination of Seroquel, inactivity, diet and Sleep Apnea (of which I have only just been diagnosed)."

Seanie October 16, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "When I first took Seroquel, I had the side effects of a type of motion sickness, as my head would whirl about, and I never knew if I was whirling or the surroundings were. I didn't want to stay on it, but was advised to give it longer. And to change from XR to regular. I did, and after about 6 weeks (from memory) I adjusted to it. Yes, I was so tired, went to cut a 300mg into halves, then to 200mg's, now to 300 mg again. Seroquel works for me, I've been on it for approx 18mnths or so. I sleep, my mind doesn't race or think or roam. I get a deep sleep. I was advised to get up early and it will wear off- yes, that happens. But it's not easy."

Koalamaiden October 10, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "No problems, watch what you eat."

Charlieaffective (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 8, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "This medicine has changed my life. I can hardly recognize myself. Much much calmer, not feeling obsessed, maniac or depressed. No racing thoughts. I never thought I could be like that. My life was a chaos. I've tried all different medicines and nothing seemed to help until I tried quetiapine. I am currently taking an antidepressant as well, but it is quetiapine that really makes the difference. I feel like I am fairly normal now."

MissGil (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This medicine turned me into a zombified eating machine. I put on 30 pounds in one month. It was also extremely sedating. "

Scorpionis (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 1, 2014

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I was on this medicine for almost three years and went off of it cold turkey because I thought I was better. Worst mistake of my life in 2013! A month or so ago I was put back on the medicine, just not quite as a high of a dose (800mg). I am now on 300mg and it has once again changed my life. I am happy again, feel like me, don't crave alcohol or other pills, and the mood swings have pretty much dissipated. This medicine is amazing and a life saver."

Scooooter89 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was prescribed 50mg of Seroquel at bedtime to help sleep. It works wonders for that, it didn't help much with my anxiety. I also take 1,000mg of Depakote per day and 20mg of Dexedrine ER for ADHD. The Depakote is no longer effective enough and my doctor is thinking about switching me to Lithium."

intent2dement (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel helped my paranoia and really kept me mentally stable, but I also was tired all the time, sometimes sleeping for 15 hours a day. I also gained 30 pounds within three months of being on Seroquel. I wouldn't recommend this medicine for anyone who does not wish to rapidly gain weight."

0rdinarymadness September 24, 2014

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Worked but made me drowsy and put on weight"

Stefconradical (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Somewhat hit or miss on mania, racing thoughts and the like. Pretty effective as a sleep aid though. Currently taking 300mg as needed as it was mainly prescribed for sleep. It is as effective as benzodiazepines in that regard, without the benzo withdrawal. It does leave me feeling gritty and nasty the next morning though, but it's better than insomnia."

AnonAnonAnon September 16, 2014

For Insomnia: "I take 3 ,25mg of quetiapine fumarate at night before bed for insomnia. It works very well. I sleep well on it without waking through the night. I have found out that I've had to cut out citrus as it interferes with my meds stops them from working but apart from that its great. And I found when taking it I have to drink alot of water when taking them and have to eat something after them to help them kick in quicker."

Natalie alyshea (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Make me very tired during the day. But if I don't take them stay awake all night."

Rosiejay (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 12, 2014

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Been on quetiapine for a couple of years now and this medicine changed my life. I am a better person now and this medicine helped a lot with that. No crisis, no anxiety, no craving for alcohol or other medicines. Sometimes I think I could be more emotional but it's a price I had to pay for having peace in my head. Totally recommend. I take only 50mg per day and it's enough to keep me stable."

tyfereth August 28, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "Removed my mania symptoms and I've never felt like I'm going back to the highs. Helped with depression but this is along side vigorous exercise. Take it at night 250mg and I sleep all night. Unfortunately the biggest side effect I have is extreme tiredness the next morning and it can last a few hours. It feels like a minor hangover each day."

dashyingon (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2014