User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Insomnia 100 reviews 98 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 470 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Quetiapine

Review by KimberlyAJ:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: This medicine worked at first, but after taking it for a few (2) weeks, I developed anxiety & panic attacks. I've had panic attacks in the past but not like these. I wasn't afraid of anything specific; it was like a constant fear. Also, my heart would race so bad. I am being weaned off this & switching to Zyprexa.

August 8, 2013 8:38 PM

Review by Happy and rested:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel 100mg saved my life. For 9 months I did not sleep because of an anxiety disorder. I tried to kill myself three times. Finally i was given Seroquel and 130mg trazadone. I have been sleeping well and not depressed for ten years. It has saved my life I am so grateful. Did put on 50lbs better that than being dead. Very grateful.

August 7, 2013 8:09 PM

Review by HopeK7117:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I have tried just about every medicine there is to treat bipolar disorder, and Seroquel hands-down is the best one for me in terms of stability. However, the weight gain has been a problem. I gained 40 pounds on Seroquel. The good news is I've lost 16 pounds of that in 3 1/2 months. It's been hard work, but I am confident I can meet my goal of losing 48 more pounds over the next year.

August 6, 2013 11:28 PM

Review by Little maiden:

For Insomnia: I have been on Quetiapine 50mg for I don't know how long but my sleep lasted 3hrs. Then I would wake up and sleep the rest of the night. I was very tired and depressed all the time, very unhappy. About 5 days ago my psych. put me on 100mg. Now I sleep all night it feels like I'm in another world. I have not seen anymore hunger. I won't know about weight gain for a while.

August 5, 2013 10:30 PM

Review by Abigail2007 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I have bipolar, obsessive compulsive disorder, severe anxiety, panic attacks and I cannot shut my mind off without Seroquel. I take 800mg at bedtime and cannot sleep without it.

August 5, 2013 4:45 PM

Review by finally! (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Borderline Personality Disorder: I was first diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder eight years ago in my teens. Co-morbid major depressive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder. I have only been on this medicine for just over two months but it has changed my life. It is available generically and affordable. I also suffered from insomnia from a very young age and now about 30-45 min after taking my pill I dozed off for exactly 8 hours of sleep and wake up rested and refreshed. If I have to be up for something in the morning I need to remember to take it ~9 hours before I need to get up. It's a minor inconvenience compared to all the good it has done me. I am a much calmer person.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2013 12:44 PM

Review by brent_sweet_32 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: After months of struggling to sleep and trying different medication (Ambien, Halcion, Trazodone, and others) I found 30mg Restoril with the Melatonin and Benadry would put me to sleep. Restoril stopped working after a while and I couldn't fall asleep and couldn't stay asleep. Over the next 3 months I averaged 3 hours of sleep a night and only 45 minutes at a time. My body was completely exhausted but my brain would keep going. I have never been diagnosed as bi-polar or any other mental illness. I just have a very active mind. Finally taking 2mg Klonopin, 25mg Elavil, 600mg Seroquel, 10mg Melatonin and 50mg Benadryl at night would put me to sleep. I sleep like a normal and no side effects besides restless leg syndrome and morning drowsiness.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2013 11:13 PM

Review by StableandGreatful:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I have had Bipolar one for 8 years now. I use 50 mg of Seroquel, with 100 mg Lamictal, and 900 mg of Trileptal. Seroquel is great for sleep, which is critical for me. I also use good sleep hygiene with the Seroquel to make sure I get my 8 hours every single night. I am managing my bipolar very well, and for this I am very thankful to these medicines.

July 30, 2013 10:17 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Borderline Personality Disorder: I have been taking Seroquel XR consistently for almost a year. I recently decided to try to lower my dose from 200mg/night to 100mg/night because I'm fed up with the weight gain (diet/exercise don't seem to do much to combat it), but I began to feel unstable a few days after lowering the dose. On Seroquel XR I am content, even-tempered, not very anxious, no paranoia, no self-harm thoughts, but when I mess with the dosage or stop it entirely I quickly remember why I take it. I instantly begin to assume that others don't care about me, to feel lonely, impulsive, and very down for no reason. I'm hoping to switch to a medication with a similar mechanism as Seroquel XR without the weight gain...(Geodon...?)

July 23, 2013 5:45 PM

Review by Cor3 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I sleep much better with Seroquel. I have anxiety and sleep like a baby. I take 25mg and find myself clear headed, calmer and refreshed in the morning. I read about the side effects and am concerned, although do not experience the weight gain. I watch how much I eat and may get some water retention from it but that is it. My weight has only gained a few pounds, if any. I do worry about eye problems. I had my first experience with an ocular migraine a few months ago and wondering if that is related to this medicine.

July 23, 2013 1:01 AM

Review by natalie alyshea (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: I am on this medicine for insomnia, works very well, I sleep like a baby on it. I sleep right through the night, would recommended to anyone, however I've found with me that I have to take it with lots of water to get a much quicker effect. Other than that its amazing, where would I be without it.

July 8, 2013 11:41 AM

Review by Broken mind (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Borderline Personality Disorder: I started on quetiapine nearly 5 months ago after switching from chlorpromazine for the mood stabilizing properties. I'm on 600mg of the XR version nightly. It took a nearly 2 months for me to notice an effect but once it did take effect there was a great difference. I went from being incredibly low with repeated drinking, self harm & hospital admissions to a deep stability I haven't experienced in years. I've not self harmed now for 3 months & also quit drinking alcohol. My mood is on very much an even keel with no extreme highs & lows. I'm just happy at a normal level & enjoying life & am dealing with things so much better. Only negative is slight weight gain but it's a price I'm willing to pay for this stability.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2013 5:46 PM

Review by srrandall (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel is fantastic. I've been taking it for bipolar and inability to sleep. The only problem I've had is severe restless leg syndrome. That side effect is knocked out by 2 mg of Requip.

June 28, 2013 4:31 AM

Review by nikkkiii (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: It worked well, my moods were more stable. The only downfall was that I gained 20 pounds. As a bulimic and anorexic this terrified me. I ended up going off of it to lose the weight.

June 24, 2013 10:50 PM

Review by Arnyswan:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Works well, it has helped me out a lot.

June 18, 2013 5:10 PM

Review by HT-L:

For Bipolar Disorder: I have bipolar II. It took until I was 41 years old before I found quetiapine. I am far more stable on this medicine than anything else I've tried. The only side effect is extreme drowsiness which kicks in 45 minutes after taking my medicines, and makes it tough to function the next morning! If that's the trade off for profound depression or uncontrollable candy coloured highs, I'll take it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 16, 2013 7:35 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: I have had depression since I was a child but I didn't start getting help for it until I was 19. I have tried Prozac and Celexa which did nothing for me and then my doctor asked me if I have ever heard of a medicine called Seroquel XR. I started out on 50mg and then worked my way up to 300mg. The only side effects for me were weight gain and drowsiness but the drowsiness went away after a couple of months of using this medicine. Overall I really like this medicine. It has helped me tremendously!

June 6, 2013 3:07 PM

Review by StayinAlive (taken for less than 1 month):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I have Bipolar I Disorder, and was prescribed Seroquel for insomnia and anxiety. At only 25mg, it helps me sleep like a baby. I get 8 hours of the most restful sleep I have ever had. It also helps with the racing thoughts and screaming voices in my head. I cannot thank God enough for bringing this medication into my life.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2013 12:58 PM

Review by VUser (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I've been on quetiapine XR 50mg for almost 2 months mow and it's been great, no anxiety and my head is clear. HOWEVER, I have missed one dose of it once and started having bad heartburn with constant feeling of hunger and I think it's because of that. So, I will probably stop taking it, although I really don't want to.

June 5, 2013 2:11 AM

Review by Gwendollyn (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Borderline Personality Disorder: I have been on Seroquel XR for almost 2 years now, and am at a dose of 400mg. If I drop down to 300mg I become unstable in my mood again. This medication has helped me become stable, I rarely become "high", due to this I have not self-harmed in a year and 6 months. The weight gain has made me uncomfortable, especially considering that the medication can make me very hungry. However, my weight has now stabilized and I ave a BMI of 28, so its not too bad. I still become very angry sometimes, but attribute this to my own behaviour and coping mechanisms. Overall, this has given me my life back. My family and friends have noticed the change in me and I feel that I can appear "normal".

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 1, 2013 1:14 PM

Review by BABYGIRL1178 (taken for 10 years or more):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was diagnosed with bipolar when I was 14 years old I am now 34 years old. I have been many different medications for my bipolar. Seroquel has been a wonderful medication. I take 1000mg at bedtime. I have been on it for almost 16 years. It works well for me.

May 31, 2013 3:15 AM

Review by TOC Wildcat (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: After taking Seroquel for 5 months at 25 mg, I recently upped it to 50 mg at night-time. This has resulted in me being able to drop my Ativian from 2 mg to 1 mg and still get a great sleep. I am much more productive, think clearly and feel positive. I feel like my personality is coming back. Coincidence? I think not.

May 30, 2013 9:51 PM

Review by Dvjslj:

For Insomnia: I just started on 100mg at bedtime. I slept pretty good.

May 22, 2013 9:54 PM

Review by Johnramone23yrs:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Seroquel is an awesome medication for sleeping and some anxiety. Sometimes it's hard to say what I'm feeling because, I feel like an atomic bomb or something. I have ADHD, Bipolar 1, and obsessive compulsive disorder. Seroquel is great, I can see it doing wonders if I just had one thing. Was taking Adderall so when I took Seroquel I got schizophrenia at night like hearing and seeing things. Fun.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2013 2:40 AM

Review by Jadey23:

For Bipolar Disorder: I have just recently been taking this tablet I'm on a low dose 50mg I have been taking the tablet for 4 nights now so it's hard to really say much yet but this is what I have noticed I'm thinking much more normal now, I'm not agitated in stressful situations, I'm calmer than what I would normally be considering, I used to have suicidal thoughts everyday for the last couple of weeks since being on the medication I haven't thought about suicide and its got me up out of my slump and me doing things more productive I also was comfort eating when depress when I was not on medicines and now I feel I'm getting control and I'm not spending or making rash decisions or eating when I'm not hungry. I think quetiapine is helping I feel more balanced.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate