User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 3)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 16 reviews 47 medications

5.4
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 806 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Quetiapine

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Hmm about this medication...I literally do not reccomend it at all! As someone with Bipolar2 I was put on Seroquel for my rapid unstable moods, I was on it for quite some time and I noticed the rapid weight gain not just that but I was literally sleeping all the time! When I was awake I felt like a zombie. Quite frankly it's a nightmare! Thank god I went off it."

Kay(KaylaMarie) (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 12, 2016

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "OK, it's only early days, day 4 to be exact on 50mg morning and night. It's amazing! After reading all the horror stories of the tranquilliser effects, zombie like states+cravings. Its an understatement when I said I was petrified what effect this would have on me. First day within an hour of taking it, I slept for six hours woke up feeling fine, refreshed even. Then dosed up in the evening at 9, again, asleep by 11, slept like a baby. 7am Woke feeling energised, lighter, happier. No drowsiness or brain fuzz! I feel so much more positive about life in general. I feel so blissfully normal! Day 4 still napping within 4 hrs of dose for 2 hrs max but I could push through it. And still sleeping all night!"

Jenneh-mu (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I started taking low dose Quetiapine (Seroquel) 3 years ago for sleep and anxiety, instead of Lorazepam (Ativan), which was losing its effectiveness. I also take Escitalopram 10mg daily for depression. The Seroquel has been fantastic - I only take 1/4-1/2 of a 25mg tablet as even 25mg was too sedating and even after 3 years of almost daily use, I have not needed to increase the dose. I also occasionally go a few days without taking it and do not have any withdrawal symptoms. I normally take it only at night to help sleep, but occasionally during the day for anxiety. I have not had ANY weight gain, increased appetite nor other side effects, but perhaps I am just lucky to be sensitive to such a low dose, avoiding these common side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 12, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been medically treating my Bipolar Disorder for 11 years. Finding the right medication and the proper doses is tremendous work. You may find that seroquel is not helping you but that may not be true, you may not have found the right dose and inital side effects do subside. I take 900mg lithium/400mg seroquel /400mg lamotragine. Up until 2013 I was in/out of serious episodes that would last for months and destroy my life. I was taking 150mg of seroquel and my doc was hesitant to increase my dose. This increase of dose saved me. I am no longer controlled by this disease, rarely have episodes. I do hate seroquel for sedation/panic attacks at night, lucid nightmare, weight gain. BUT I have my life back and the negatives are so worth it!"

griffithschris March 12, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Seroquel has taken away most of my anxiety. I still have fears, but this is normal. I take 100 mg and I have been on it for about six months."

Nick 13 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 8, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Have taken this for last six years, primarily to sleep at night, since I don't work and can never get tired on my own, and have major anxiety issues. I only take 100 mgs. but if you keep on taking it , at least for me, your body just gets used to it. Have gained almost 50 lbs. on it and I don't even eat a lot. I do like a sugary snack every day, but can't believe the weight gain this has caused. I can't exercise due to feet problems, even tho docs keep pushing to get out there and exercise. So this is a good drug if you don't have to get up the next day early to help you stay asleep, but taking it during the day time made me like a zombie, too out of it. I wish there was a better sleep aid that KEPT you asleep for 9 hours!"

Sabrina Jo March 8, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Made me a complete zombie. Threw them out."

floridaangel (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Is it effective? yes! I was prescribed it when I was 12 years old and now I can't get off of it at 23 years old. I wish I never was put on it and my parents sought out natural alternatives instead. The withdrawals of even going without it for 18 hours are horrifying and feel like i'm withdrawing for a severe drug. I've tapered myself off from 300 mg to 75 mg but if I go any lower than 75 mg I start to experience tremors, cold sweats, nausea, headaches, insomnia which kicks up my anxiety as well. Don't take this unless its a last alternative."

alllove (taken for 10 years or more) March 5, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Although my doctor prescribed it mainly for Bipolar Depression, he will temporarily increase the dose in response to emerging manic symptoms especially racing thoughts, agitation, extreme irritability and dilusions. Positive - Significantly (80-90%) calms my thoughts. Helps me fall and stay asleep. Keeps my depression in check. I am now compliant with all of my medications and trust my doctor. Negative - higher doses blunt my affect. I must take my dosage at bedtime because of tremendous sedation which is when the drug saturation is highest in my blood and brain. If I must get up during the night, for example bathroom, I'm disoriented and dizzy. I could never take it during the day. Weight gain from "munchies." Sex-related problems"

HeadinWest (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 4, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been on Seroquel for couple years. My psychiatrist prescribed me this medication for GAD. It controls my anxiety well. The most notable side effects is weight gain and feeling relaxed."

Anon 1983 March 3, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Hey all, I am writing both as a user and a person seeking additional information on Seroquel XR. I have been on it for about three months. I have found that it eliminated the manic phase of my diagnosis, as well as anxiety. However, tapering back and forth due to side effects has made it difficult to make consistent observations and I have suffered depression and even suicidality as a result. What have others experienced on this topic? I understand bipolar disorder is a multifaceted illness and therefore should be treated from both angles. Are most of you on more than one medication in conjunction with seroquel? I understand I have also had a difficult time taking it as prescribed and this may have hindered my results. Thank you."

Jayms89 February 28, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I spent months on this medication and all it ever did for me was make me drowsy, all I ever did was sleep, not worth the toxicity to your liver"

Does Not Work (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I am 29 female. I was put on this drug 150mg for a year and within that year I have put on 4 stone and my cholesterol is really high. I am fed up with the weight gain and feeling tired all the time my physciatrist is eventually taking me off this and wants to try venlafaxine I dont know if that will help with my depression but I will give it a go I also take 45mg mirtazapine at night which also helps me sleep. I feel like I have no motivation to do anything. I also have started to cutt out foods to help me loose weight. I feel like all I do is sleep and feel in a fog with twitches and no energy."

Scottishgirl86 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 24, 2016

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Started on 50mg Quetiapine today. Knocked me out for 4 hours but once I came round again there was almost instant relief from obsessive thoughts, paranoid ideation, anxiety and the world seemed much slower. Much easier to handle. Kinda feel like there must be some kind of catch to this deal? Scared of weight gain but I'll monitor it and let ya'll know how that goes. So far I'm loving it."

K1987J February 22, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Works kinda well but you will sleep like nonstop and you will gain weight. I gained at least 30 pounds on this med and was sleeping like 14 hours a day."

Bipolar type Schizzoaffective (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2016

For Insomnia: "This works great. I was on 300mg for insomnia. Since I started working I'm only taking 150mg. I fall asleep about 30 min after taking it. No problems getting up in the morning. Also, not groggy after 7-8 hrs of sleep."

Strych9 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "I take quitaipine 300 mg every night. I have been suffering with painful legs caused by quitaipine so take Procyclidine to stop the pain and I take 600 mg of pregablin. I take 100 mg of sertraline. I have also been waking up choking and not being able to breathe. The Dr told me to take some gaviscon it has worked. I still have problems sleeping depends if I'm not in the right frame of mind but when I do I wake up feeling great."

What day is it ? February 19, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Made me feel like a zombie. I slept too much, gained 20lbs, had restless leg syndrome and congestion at night, increased depression , I had a breakdown of laughing and crying at same time. I lost of reality."

suezyque (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "It help me to get back the control over my life!!!"

D.J. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have had a negative experience.I was mad at my self because i went against my better judgment. I knew that this one was a weight gaining pill. I kept telling my doctor that I was gaining weight from this pill he insisted that it had nothing to do with seriqul xr he continued to say its what I was eating. I told him last week on the phone he said what have you been eating I went on a fast normally before seriqul I would just lose the extra weight when I went on a diet. This time a week went by it got even worse So I am very happy that I just stopped taking it. It is not worth it. I had a doc for 10 years prior to this one and I had never been diagnosed with bi polar - he calls it a mood disorder. I know I have it and I am open to something new"

candy kane February 16, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have been on a lot of them and I'm now on 300 mg Seroquel it is the best , I have not gained weight but I exercise I take it at night. I don't see things, I feel things touching me but I still have one voice and not 4 in my head ."

Stphy February 16, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel, 50mg nightly in addition to Lithium (2 x 200mg) and Cipramil (20mg) a dream combo for me. Stops the racing thoughts and knocks me out cold for 8 hours / night. Slight weight gain of maybe 2-3 kilos but hardly noticeable. I'll take the extra weight over hypomania and insomnia any dat."

peony16 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel for me was the best thing that could've happened to me and my illnesses(bipolar,BPD and PTSD. It made me gain 20 lbs. in a month causing me to want to come off. (I lost the weight.) Bad decision though cause I ended up back on it anyway. None of my other meds. are as effective. I also use ambilify and lamictal."

Cede (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2016

For Insomnia: "Use to take occasional aids natural herbs and such when needed which was from months to days depending on stress and issues at the time. This has been all my adult life. Eventually I can get it under control. Fast forward to this past year. Got severely sick with some stomach parasites, lots about 20% weight and did not sleep but maybe half hour a day and an occasional 5-10 minute nap for several months, basically for 2 weeks straight I was fortunate if I could get 30 minutes. May natural stuff was not working. So my friend let me try his for the last few months - works. Took a few days to get use to. 25 mg works for me, with 12mg I get 3 hours, with 37.5mg about 14-18 hours. STRESS is the key, lower it is the better it works."

straight shooter February 10, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been on quetiapine 50mg for 2 years now for insomnia. Along with mirtaz 15, olimelt 5, klonopin 0.5 for depression, anxiety, and insomnia. It works great for me. I sleep well for 8-9 hours and feel fresh in the morning."

Chandan555 February 10, 2016