User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

6.6
Tourette's Syndrome 1 reviews 12 medications

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 581 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I stayed in my own little comfortable world as I called it because I was paranoid, bad compulsions, habits, hypochondria, everyday was a struggle and I would cry randomly. I did not consider myself depressed because I was such a happy girl even though at a split second I would turn into something else and would have no emotion for anything. Sometimes I would have bad anxiety due to giving myself all of this stress and I couldn't eat and then I became sick and most of the time with that, came no confidence and sometimes I had many flowing ideas and such creativity. I was diagnosed recently with Hypomania, BPD and a bit of skitz. This med has helped so much but if you have symptoms of bipolar do not take anxiety medication...you'll feel terrible."

Meegz (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2015

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I was on and off Seroquel for 3 years. It helped with my depression and most of my anxiety, certainly put a stop to my insomnia. I hated the way I would feel when I woke in the morning though. I hated not being able to just get up and go, it usually took until mid afternoon to feel 100% clear. I found though that after a few years its effects on me at 100mg were wearing thin. It no longer helped with my paranoia at all and I would be up half the night. I also gained nearly 20kg, stopped taking it and have dropped over 10kg so far. Also having my daughter seems to have shifted something mentally and found that I no longer need to continue taking it to control everything."

BPD Mama (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 1, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "This medicine has really helped with my bipolar. I take 300mg (slow release) every evening and it's really helped balance my moods and ease any depressive episodes. Only side effect is feeling like a zombie if I wake up too early, but it's all about taking the pill at the right time before you sleep. If anything I'm getting the best sleep I've ever had when taken properly."

DP0505 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2014

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "When I was 14 I was put on 450mg/day before bed time and within 6 months I gained 25-30 pounds. It worked super well to get rid of my hallucinations (including the tactile ones) but it made me extremely zombie-like. My grades slipped at school, and I slept as soon as I got home till the next morning. The first day I slept 22 hours. This medicine made me so hungry all the time and no matter how much I ate I was never full."

Skr1259 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 27, 2014

For Insomnia: "Currently on .2mg of Clonidine and 300mg of Seroquel for Insomnia. Works fine."

Jon Dough (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2014

For Insomnia: "I have been taking this since it was prescribed in detox three years ago. It has worked wonders for me. I only take 1/4 of a 50 mg pill and sleep though the night. I don't take it on the weekends to avoid building a tolerance. Sometimes if I am under stress, I will take a 1/2 pill. The only thing I notice is that I need to take it when I have at 7 hours to sleep or I may be groggy in the morning."

SleepLikeaBaby (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2014

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Unfortunately after more than a year, pervasive stuff like weight gain, increased lipids, diabetes all started to be present. Great for a while but I started toned more of it to deal with psychotic symptoms and the sedative nature of it got in the way. Swapped to paliperidone ER, which is more focused on the psychotic symptoms and doing well without the sedation."

PixelPop (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 12, 2014

For Insomnia: "I have extreme social and general, am bipolar, and insomnia so bad I would cry on and off all night ,every night. Besides other anxiety meds, I take 50mg to 100mg of Seroquel every night about an hour before bed. It shuts off my racing thoughts, and I actually sleep. This has been my miracle because I was barely functioning, if at all. it does make me hungry, but I find if I eat a little something before I take it, I can control the munchies. This is little payment for the new life it's brought me."

julie bird December 11, 2014

For Insomnia: "I took it in the past ( 100 mg) way to high of a dose! Made me feel like I was being smothered as I was drifting off to sleep and it was frightening! 8 years later my doctor convinced me to give it another try as I needed sound sleep and some help with anxiety. (also take 0.1mg lorazepam during the day as needed and one at bedtime.) My dosage was started at 50mg this time and I was having night terrors and weird dreams along with extreme grogginess in the morning. I recently started taking 25 mg and now I only have the dreams and morning groggy feeling! I think at the correct dose it is a medicine worth trying. I'm giving it a few more months to see if I adjust to it."

Marion anne (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I'm been on Seroquel since been diagnosed (now 18 months). Started taking 50g but now I'm on 100g. I've got to the point on this medication that the side effects are too much. Constantly tired. Feel very vague. My memory is terrible. I'm starting to forget about things I've already done. Still very paranoid. Also I'm still having panic attacks. So for me, it's time to move on and try something new (Olanzapine)."

zaiyd&lola (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 6, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've just started quetiapine on 100mg each night.. It's Made my 1st morning amazing whereas every other morning before I was always a manic depressive without fail. If this is how it's going to affect my days each morning I can't wait. Just to be the normal me again. No weight gain as of yet but being a size 6 in clothes I'm looking forward to gaining. Hopefully on the long run this medication will help my relationship with my partner and 3 beautiful kids. "

Dannicee (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2014

For Insomnia: "Having been diagnosed with primary chronic insomnia at the age of 13, I have spent my life dealing with the condition. After serving for 20 years of active duty I found that my condition worsened as time went on. Now, in my mid-40’s, my condition has come to the point where, without medication, I can, and do, stay awake for 3-4 days on end without difficulty. Using quetiapine in combination with another medication had turned out to be the only combination that gives me 6-8 hours of solid sleep. I take 100mg along with my other med and within an hour I am tired enough to go to sleep. I have had nights where the combination had no effect, but there have been only a dozen or so in the last 5 years"

srhinomike70 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2014

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "Calming and antidepressant effect good. Vivid REM sleep and dreams."

scrutiny December 3, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "Seroquel- Out of Risperdal, Zyprexa, Trilafon, Abilify, Haldol, and Geodon, Seroquel is by far the best one. At lower doses, it is good for anxiety. You don't feel like a zombie on it. Obviously it helps you sleep, but at lower doses you won't be sleepy or if you just take it at bed time. Abilify and Haldol turned me into a complete zombie it was terrible. Risperdal had sexual side effects and of course the breast growth issue, but I would say Risperdal is the second best one behind Seroquel. Haldol and Abilify help paranoia big time but they also exasperate anxiety, definitely stay away from those. Geodon and Zyprexa are worse than those medicines. Geodon made me disoriented, helpless, still very paranoid. Zyprexa is probably the second worst."

Corksters (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2014

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "I was prescribed seroquel 100mg for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and I could only take it for two days. I took it as prescribed before bedtime. I almost crashed my truck several times on my way to work and I had to pull over on the shoulder to sleep on my way home from work. Day 2 was a Saturday. I slept for 14.5 hours. I can't function at all on this."

Mikfr November 28, 2014

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "LIFESAVER. I tried antidepressant after antidepressant, all exacerbating my original anxiety symptoms- nausea, vomiting, insomnia, brain zaps, anziety, agitation, headaches/ migraines. You name it, I had it and the antidepressants made it worse. Been on Quetiapine XR 50mg and I'm still trying to get used to how GOOD I feel. for the first time in YEARS I'm not waking up nauseous and dry-retching, appetite is normal, sleeping a blissful 8 hours a night and waking up easily in the morning, alert and awake during the day. My anxiety is just GONE. I still have emotions, I still care about things, but this feels like what I imagine a normal person feels like. e.g. I can cope without panicking!! 10/10!!!"

mysteriousdarkness (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2014

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Seroquel for depression isn't heard of much. I'm on it, and yes at first it was horrible. Head spins and just like motion sickness. But I was advised to stick it out and did. Approx 6 weeks it settled down. I take it for BiPolar, the racing mind, no sleep or little sleep. With Seroquel, I sleep a nights rest. My mind isn't active at all. I'm on 300mg. A bit tired of a morning, but if you are up early, which can be hard, the effects wear off, sooner. I won't swap to any other, I tried Zyprexa but, I'm sticking with Seroquel."

Eliza_nsw November 28, 2014

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Diagnosis: PTSD, Borderline Personality Disorder, Avoidant Personality Disorder I've been taking Seroquel for 2 months now. Hospitalized for an episode. My thoughts were super distorted, probably from lack of sleep in combination with my disorders. Obsessive thoughts that wouldn't stop. Intrusive thoughts over past traumas (PTSD). Couldn't get to sleep at night without sickening dreams. I finally got my life back with this stuff. I got a job, but I was working night shift, so I only lasted 2 days. Night shift and these meds are hard to manage. But my health is more important. The only thing that is a downside is that I can't drink on it. The nights I do drink I don't take the Seroquel. If I do take it I try and wait til I sober up."

BPD_Fairy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2014

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I used to have terrible anxiety and racing thoughts and would break down crying every day. I started taking 25mg of Seroquel every night and I am no longer anxious. I have a great sleep every night and wake up feeling awesome. I don't need Ativan anymore for panic attacks as they have ceased completely. I tried Wellbutrin for a while and it made me crazy...for anyone who is nervous about taking an antidepressant or benzos I would highly recommend this medication. I feel like myself - no tremor or fogginess or zombie-like feelings. Occasionally my legs feel a bit restless but I can deal with that. No issues if I don't take it for a night and want to go for drinks or something. No issues with weight gain. Highly recommend! I got my life back."

lovexpickles (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been taking quetiapine for bipolar for years and it has changed my life. I can concentrate more and it helps me to think clearly. I take it in conjunction with the anti-depressant amitriptyline. They 'iron things out' so that my moods are easier to cope with. That isn't to say it has 'cured' me, but they have improved my condition greatly."

PaultheComposer November 22, 2014

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Does not improve my quality of life. Depression continued and developed major cognitive disfunction. I could not even communicate what was happening to me or for any wants or needs."

GetOffMyMeds (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 22, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Don't worry about weight gain! I've taken Seroquel for two years, and let me tell you you can stay fit and or lose weight! The hardest is the munchies at night, but if you can control that and or snack healthy you will be FINE. You don't have to have a strict diet on this medication. Exercise and eat healthy as much as you can. You can still enjoy giving into cravings! You have to adjust to the major hunger especially at night. See what works for you. This medicine is amazing and works very well. Just give it a chance. After two years I have not gained any weight but have actually lost since I began taking it. It's a little hard at first but once you figure out what works for you you'll have a happy life emotionally and physically!"

Krazi165 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 21, 2014

For Insomnia: "I had severe insomnia for years which caused major major depression and anxiety. I tried a ton of medications, but Seroquel was definitely the best. I'm still on it at 150mg (3 x 50), which gives me 7.5-9 hours sleep/night. When I take 100mg, I get about 5.5-6.5 hrs sleep. I take it an hour or so before bed. It sucked for about a week when I got on it, but I have been on it for 3 years now and it's a lifesaver. I still have nights where I have bad sleep, but it's rare. I have had 0 side effects. Just as a reference, mirtazipine did work for me too, but I gained weight. Ambien never worked well and benzodiazepines worked, but addiction scared me. Insomnia is the worst and this medicine gave me my life back."

Brinx321 November 18, 2014

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This medication has been a life saver. I had major anxiety and paranoia and could not sleep. Now I have zero anxiety, I am no longer paranoid and I do not wake up once during the night. Love this medication."

LUVQUETIAPINE (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2014

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I live in New Zealand. I took less tan 25mg once a night (I'd break it in half, sometimes even quarters) and it helped me sleep, reduced anxiety, and helped stabilize my mood. I took this with 40mg of fluoxetine. I've returned to taking it with 225mg of venlafaxine a few times to ease anxiety when needed. After about 12 months of taking it, I began to feel very lethargic, and generally slow, and my short term memory basically stopped existing. I had to stop taking it then. I wish it were available to 12.5mg tablets. My main issue was having to take more than needed due to the tablet size."

Georgia SS (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 16, 2014