User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 3)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 13 reviews 46 medications

5.5
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 732 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have never left a review on a medication before in my life, but after a year on this med, I felt I had to. I am a 32 year old female who has suffered with anxiety and panic disorder/agoraphobia my whole life. It got so bad that I dropped out of grad school a few years ago and was completely housebound with panic and derealization and I was fainting from the attacks in public! No medicine ever worked for me until I tried seroquel. Hands down, it gave me my life back. I can drive, I can go to my kids' school and functions alone, I can socialize again. I feel totally free! I was SO scared of starting this drug but it has been my lifeline! The ONLY downside has been the weight gain-- 15 lbs that won't budge ;("

ambuler09 December 2, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was on quetiapine for a few months. It worked wonders and levelled my mood wonderfully and I was thankful to have something work so effectively. However I suffered from two major side effects; tiredness and weight gain. My doctor and I tried to combat the weight gain and tiredness but in the end I had to change to another medication as we couldn't control it and I was only on 25mg at night. I don't want to put people off as this drug helped me with my mood disorder and I'm sensitive to some side effects."

Amd2 December 1, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Where do I even start? Been fighting my crazy mood and bipolar disorder since I was an adolescent. Was prescribed this years back, and slowly I saw my life start to tangle up. Mood problems got worse, could not feel much remorse or feelings, just dampened emotions that got harder to control. I strongly believe this medicine harmed my mental health during one of the times the brain develops significantly. Been off for exactly a year and still recovering. Finally I can sleep through the night after about 10 months, but still dealing and slowly on the way back from a miserable journey of anxiety, insomnia, and instability. Mood should arguably be stabilized, not muted and worsened by this medication. Be safe"

OnTheWayBack (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 28, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I'm a 25yr old woman who is recovering from a hysterectomy and my psychiatrist prescribed Seroquel- 50mg at night to help me cope with my GAD before and after my hysterectomy. So far, it's helped significantly with my GAD and PTSD. It is quite sedating but it's nothing too intense. More so relaxing and definitely helpful since falling asleep was an issue. Now, I sleep through most nights! I've read some reviews and some people have had terrible luck with this drug. My rule of thumb is always talk with your doctor and seriously weigh the side effects with your long term quality of life. Some drugs don't always mix well with certain people but only you could know that and make that call. For me, this drug is worth its weight in gold!"

OodlesOPoodles (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Great drug 400 time release I have been house bound for several years with anxiety I have been taking this for nearly a year at the start a lot of side effects they went after a month so stick with it it will get better. I can now lead a normal life this drug as saved my life and given me hope for the future thanks quitieapin"

Megathecandyman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Seroquel has been ineffective for me at dosages below 600mg. Even at 600mg my symptoms are decreased slightly. I have been on lower dosages of other medications that have worked better."

RowdyB88 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 27, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel helped with my panic attacks and break downs, but it made me feel lifeless (which I prefer versus crying). However I experienced ever side effect listed and even ended up in the ER! My heart was beating uncontrollably and sharp pains, I thought I was having a heart attack. I had to get monitored for 6 hours. Also I lost strength in moving limbs. It works but too many side effects. "

Oniomania November 27, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "After trying different medications, seroquel 50mg just changed my life. It is quite sedative but i do a lot of sport as well and have a lot of energy. Iam stable since 3 years with seroquel. Life saver"

Drexc (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder 10 years ago (recently found out it is actually PTSD/c-PTSD) and I was started on 1200mg of serquel. I was a zombie! I didn't want to do anything but sleep. I was so tired all day. One day after taking my medication and then sleeping 10 hours, I then got in my car and was driving somewhere and feel asleep at the wheel. I total my car but luckily I wasn't hurt and no one else was involved. I lost my job. The "best" part though was the 110 pound weight gain I had in less then a year of taking this poison. I've been off of the crap for about 3 years now but still can't drop the weight it caused me to gain. Please be careful if considering taking this drug it almost ruined my life."

Doesmynamereallymatter November 25, 2015

For Insomnia: "Can't sleep taking 50mg @ bedtime"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2015

For Insomnia: "Its the best medicine for sleep for me it helps everyday at low dosage 25-75mg. Benzo and other medicine didn"

ForLifeLoner November 20, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I went from 50-300 mg in two weeks. I gained ten pounds and was constantly tired all the time. I usually stay between the same weight to a pound up or down. I took the extended release tablets (xr) As soon as I took the medicine within an hour I became very tired to the point where I would start to mumble and fall asleep. This medicine made me feel like I was out of it all the time. Not to mention I fainted a couple of times and I've never fainted in my life. I think I was on too high of a level for my body. I'm not trying to scare anyone with my review I'm just sharing my experience with the medicine I know everyone's body is different. This medicine made me sleep 24/7 and relaxed me."

80s (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on medication since I was around 9 and have been on bipolar medications since 16, and none of them ever worked for me. I was hesitant to try this because I've heard bad things about it, but this has been the first medicine in 10 years to have actually helped me. I finally feel normal and actualy feel like I have my life back. I don't worry about mood swings anymore and I'm actually able to sleep and focus in school. The only downside I've found is it makes me hungrier, but as long as my mood swings are under control that's not much of a problem for me."

OS19 November 17, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "When first prescribed I was reluctant to take it (an antipsychotic) but finally did and I Love it! Yes I gained about 10lbs in 2 years but it's well worth it. It calmed my mind right down. Currently on 300mg."

KayKayW November 14, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "This medicine has been an excellent tranquilizer. It seems to stop whatever negative thoughts I'm having, and flattens my mood. It has a half-life of only 6-8 hours! I would recommend it for sleep, and episodes of severe mental illness, be it MDD, PTSD, etc.. Note: as a drug to be on all day, this should not be first line. It causes a lot of drowsiness and feelings of being drugged. Being on it a short time, through sleep or a bad episode, can dramatically improve your day."

Steve Stevenson (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 14, 2015

For : "I have a sleep disorder where I will have hallucinations and sleep walk which is caused by anxiety in my daily life. I also have generalized anxiety disorder. My physiatrist put me on 12.5 mg of seroquel for sleeping and 150mg of topamac for a skin picking disorder I have had for years. Wow for once in my life I have found relief! 2 years ago I was taking lexapro and I was in the worst shape of my life the lexapro made it impossible for me to sleep and the skin picking was out of control. It was destroying my image and I was losing all control. I went to the doctor and was put on ciblex which was wonderful for my sleep and anxiety but it made me gain 40 pounds....unfortunately this was not good for me either. So we changed to seroquel."

Nikki Bunny hop November 13, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "My experience on Seroquel nearly cost me my job as it turned me into a ZOMBIE!. Since going off the drug I am fully functional. My head is clear and I have energy to do things. I cannot believe my Dr prescribed me an antipsychotic drug such as seroquel. Colleagues observing me thought I had undergone a major personality disorder. I have been off it for a month now and not missing it one bit."

Arri (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder 8 months ago (i am 19) but I do not have that. Instead I have BPD and depression. I was taking olanzapine which took away my entire life - I could barely do anything, but for the past 2 days with seroquel it has almost the opposite effect. Together with Prozac I have felt more motivated and less suicidal. Also I'm able to control my anxiety and I have more control over my behaviour. I also have trouble focusing but this has helped me focus on therapy a lot more. Sleep not great but I'm only on 25mg ; I only sleep for about 6-7 hours and then wake up and keep going back to sleep. This is the first drug that's given me hope."

Issy96 November 10, 2015

For Depression: "I have been taking this for 3 weeks and I completely came off Valium I was on for 11 months on the day of taking this. I noticed a change on the 2nd week and I feel more calmer and have the ability to make more concise and clear decisions, I do not act out of anger any more, I will take my time to analyse a situation and before time has gone I realise the situation no longer bothers me! Great Med Low dose for Depression Anger issues!"

Ms 123 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on Seroquel from November of 2014 to September of 2015. This medicine, was terrible. By the end of me being on it I was up to 400mg. Before I started taking this medicine I was losing weight, and bam all the weight I lost came back. I was sleeping all the time, I didn't have the energy to do the things I loved. My mood swings were getting worse. I hated myself on it. it was awful."

CNC514 November 9, 2015

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed it for severe insomnia. It was the worst experience i ever had with drugs. I was feeling really depressed and walked like a zombie for a few days."

ols1976 November 6, 2015

For Depression: "I been using these pills for 10 days now it's really amazing. I had tried many different before. None works. These pills works great. Sleep really good. Just worry maybe sleeping to much!! ):"

Errol1 November 5, 2015

For Depression: "Got this at ER. Caused my depression to worsen after three weeks. Despite drowsiness, the co-occurrence with restlessness initially caused inability to sleep. Further use led to somnolence, further lack of motivation and suicidal ideation. Discontinuation caused depersonalization and severe aggression. Read the story of Dan Markingson. Not recommended at all for depression."

suicidejean (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've been put on Pregabalin a week ago and the psychiatrist also put me on quetiapine which I took for the first time yesterday. After a couple of hours sleep I ended up waking with my pulse pounding in my neck and passed out for a few seconds. Managed to ring 999 and got checked out. I was ok but Doc said to stop them as she'd seen this reaction a few times. Never again"

ShabbyChicbee November 3, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Avoid this. This medication made me almost kill my wife while i was sleeping! Never again... If you dont live alone please dont take this medication for your safety and others"

TheMsGamer (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2015