User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Insomnia 105 reviews 100 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 3 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 508 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Quetiapine

Review by Mumcat2 (taken for 10 years or more):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for : I find this medicine not only helps control my (chronic)pain but also gives me more energy, alertness and concentration. Bizarre but true.

May 20, 2014 12:14 PM

Review by tgr82:

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Calms and suppresses when having any kind of attack, anxiety or overwhelming depression.

May 19, 2014 9:24 AM

Review by drew742:

For Borderline Personality Disorder: I found Seroquel(quetiapine) to be the best medicine for me it really helped my thoughts slow down and allowed me to regain control of my thoughts/emotions, it also helped with my insomnia which was an added benefit. I also take an antidepressant and it seems to work well with it as I used to get bad headaches from the antidepressant alone but since adding Seroquel to it I no longer get these headaches. I guess if I had to say one negative thing about it, it does seem to increase my appetite /possible weight gain but I feel the benefits outweigh the negative as the increased appetite/mild weight gain can be controlled by eating healthy and exercise. Overall a great medication for me.

May 5, 2014 10:09 AM

Review by chellegovea:

For Paranoid Disorder: I have Delusional parasitosis. It has made my life a living hell for over 3 years. I was prescribed Seroquel last month and after taking it one time my symptoms we're nearly gone. For me it's a godsend.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 2, 2014 9:58 PM

Review by pookie babe (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was on Seroquel for a year. I was fat, no energy, restless leg syndrome and elevated glucose. Seroquel has too many serious side effects.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2014 1:02 PM

Review by DeadBunny (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: All the other medications I have been on produced horrible side effects. Seroquel works great and the only side effect is sleepiness. Stable at 600mg and quite pleased.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2014 6:24 PM

Review by tillyissilly:

For Insomnia: On this for BPD and possible bipolar and anxiety helped my anxiety a lot after lorazepam and haliperidol stopped working. Its a great medicine, saved my life. I take 25mg three times a day also helped with my anger and evened out my mood since Depakote and lamotrigine wasn't working alone but I still take these hunger issues were a problem at first but Depakote causes bad hunger too but glad to say its no longer a problem BUT they just don't knock me out even with the Valium I take you'd think I would just crash but nope 3-4am every day I fall asleep even though I take the pill at 8pm!!

April 13, 2014 7:05 PM

Review by maisymoo:

For Borderline Personality Disorder: Been on quetiapine a month for borderline personality disorder and possible bipolar and a mild psychosis, take 25mg three times daily. I love it my moods and anxiety are much more stable and so are the voices. I do take it along with Depakote 2000mg, lamotrigine 100mg, zopiclone 7.5mg, diazepam 5mg and lorazepam 1mg as needed and haloperidol 5mg as needed but definitely the quetiapine that's sorted my head.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2014 5:48 PM

Review by insanelyquierd (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Took for bipolar. Good side effects: more or less consistently put me to sleep every night. Bad side effects: gained roughly 20 lbs 6 months in, had a difficult time getting up every day, needed more sleep than usual. It helped for awhile, but it mostly made my episodes less severe, did not effectively stop or prevent them.

April 10, 2014 3:38 PM

Review by Thecircusrules (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Prescribed 600mg for bipolar 1, first three weeks nasty but stick with it these side effects disappear. Taken alongside lithium and I have never felt so well in over 20 years, awesome.

April 10, 2014 6:46 AM

Review by Crazygirl81 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Borderline Personality Disorder: I have been on Seroquel for about 2 months because I suffer from BPD, Bipolar disorder and depression. As I am still building up to find the right dose for me (currently at 200mg), but I have to say that the positives of this medicine are so much more than the negatives. I used to break out in anger fits to the point where I couldn't stop the anger and had to be held down. I would break into a crying fit seconds after being in a happy mood. Starting the Seroquel, within a week, my depression seemed to lower, my extreme paranoia disappeared, my anger subsided. I have discovered (after reading another review on here) that after alcohol drinking I get crying fits and anxiety attacks for a few days. I am excited to feel "normal" for once.

April 8, 2014 9:07 PM

Review by i2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel is amazing for me, gave me good nights sleep, calms me down. I take 800 mg along with Tegretol 800 mg.

April 7, 2014 11:51 AM

Review by basket-case (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I was diagnosed with severe generalized anxiety, mood instability and had pretty bad insomnia, where I would wake up mid sleep approximately 4 times a night. I've taken Cipralex (20mg) for a year and I've been on Seroquel(25mg) for about 5 months and I find that I'm able to think more clearly and act less impulsively. With my anxiety the physical symptoms have decreased quite a bit though mentally I am in control of my thoughts. As for sleep, I sleep a solid 8 hours a night usually undisturbed. I did experience a bit of a weight gain though (10-20 pounds).

April 2, 2014 7:04 PM

Review by Anxious Insomniac (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: I had been suffering from pretty severe anxiety and sleeplessness. I would usually be able to fall asleep but would then wake up 1-4 hours later and never be able to fall back asleep. I start Zoloft (50, then 100, now 150mg) a little over a month ago and my anxiety is basically gone. In conjunction with that I started taking Seroquel at the same time for sleep and it has been wonderful. I started out taking 50mg but am now taking 100mg a night about 30-45 minutes before bed. Within about a half hour I feel incredibly tired and relaxed, it's wonderful. For whatever reason this medication does give me the munchies to watch out for that. After a couple weeks on the medication I no longer feel drowsy in the morning which is great!

April 1, 2014 12:12 PM

Review by damnllama:

For Insomnia: Don't know why it took so long for someone to recommend Seroquel for sleep. Tried them all. All sleeping pills, benzodiazepines, PM medicines. I take 50mg up to 100 mgs tops per night and am getting sound 7 plus hours sleep without the all day grogginess the other meds gave me. Its the best sleep I've had in a long time.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2014 11:27 PM

Review by The Neon Scibble:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Aching or discomfort in the lower legs or sensation of crawling in the legs, unusual tiredness or weakness, dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position, muscle pain or cramps.

March 15, 2014 5:39 PM

Review by littlelor:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel gave me my life back, calms me down and helps me think clearly during the day, and helps me sleep well during the night. Makes your mouth a bit dry and makes you hungry often but definitely worth it.

March 15, 2014 5:43 AM

Review by kmanza3:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: Works for me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2014 12:06 AM

Review by HappyBella (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was off meds for awhile and thought I was fine - nope! Had a manic episode. I take 100 to 150mg of Seroquel at night. Before this, I took Geodon and lost weight, but I had uncontrollable muscle movements, I didn't want to switch but my family was embarrassed by my non stop hand movements. I switched to Seroquel and feel a million times better. I sleep great (used to not sleep for days). BUT, I have gained 40 lbs. I wake up the next morning and see what I ate the night before and get so irritated with myself. It makes me want to eat everything bad for me. If I don't eat, it's like an itch I can't scratch. I don't feel foggy, but well rested...then again, I sleep till 8 or 9am. To me, it's worth the weight gain to feel stable.

March 7, 2014 3:58 PM

Review by playboybuddyrose (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I take 400 mg Seroquel at bedtime. I sleep a lot better but as far as my bipolar symptoms I see no real difference.

February 28, 2014 5:49 PM

Review by PSYCHERN:

For Bipolar Disorder: I am 59 years old, worked as a psych nurse for 28 years & am bipolar. My symptoms manifest in severe depression, anxiety & insomnia so bad I retired early. I have now been on Seroquel for 6 years & in combination with Lamictal * Requip I have been able to enjoy life, sleep well and managed well as an outpatient. Seroquel is for me a miracle. I spent many years addicted to Xanax & other benzodiazepines in a futile attempt to sleep & decrease the anxiety. I know that many psyche meds were originally meant to treat other illnesses & found to be beneficial in others so I feel extremely fortunate to finally have a medicine that works! I often joke with my friends that whoever discovered this medicine should get a Nobel Prize in medicine.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2014 7:17 PM

Review by thedavebloke (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I have unipolar depression with occasional manic symptoms. For 20 years I was on antidepressants but started Quetiapine about 6 months ago in conjunction with Citalopram. When I reached a daily dose of 300mg I was feeling great mentally. But the side effects of constipation and tiredness made it difficult to stay on this medication long-term so I'll be trying lamotrigine next.

February 14, 2014 2:18 PM

Review by honest (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Insomnia: I'm taking QUETIAPINE, TEMAZEP & VISTAIL. I suffer from Anxiety, Major Depression & Insomnia. I'm taking Vistaril for the Anxiety I'm on 50MG 4 times a day when reading most of you said it made you pretty sleepy. I feel normal for the first time in 40 yrs like maybe I can have a life now. My experience so far has been a great one. I DON'T GET Drowsy At All LIKE I SAID THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I FEEL 100% Normal. I take two Seroquel 100MG in the morning For Major Depression. That doesn't make me Drowsy at all when I read about Vistaril and Seroquel people say they are drowsy and lethargic, not ME I Feel Great! I Also take Seroquel 300MG at Bedtime along with 30MG Restoril at Bedtime. The only side effects I have is movements in my neck and the chills. Yep that's it. I can't say I like the jerk in my neck, but if I feel Normal & I just have those two side effects LIFE IS GREAT. I think what most people do is give up too fast work with your doctors they just have to find the right cocktail for YOU. Never Give Up On Yourself!

February 13, 2014 10:58 PM

Review by gasmd72 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: I have been taking quetiapine for 3 years to help me sleep. For me it is wonderful. I take 50 - 100 mg before bed every night, unless I am on call as I am a physician. If I go to bed within 30 min of taking it I usually sleep well. 1 cup of coffee in the morning and I am good to go. Prior to Quetiapine sleep was nearly impossible and sleeping pills would make me more useless the next day than if I just stayed up all night. I'm glad to have access to quetiapine.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2014 11:22 AM

Review by tiredoftablets (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: Hi, Unfortunately this medication does not suit me as I get a lot of the undesirable side effects. Slurred speech, terrible confusion, drowsiness but not able to sleep, cravings for sugary foods, a sort of spaced out feeling, and restless leg. Apart from that it's great! :) Wish I could continue taking it, but it's not worth the side effects in my case.

February 11, 2014 8:20 PM