User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

6.6
Tourette's Syndrome 1 reviews 12 medications

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 598 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Insomnia: "The good - Was given 25mg for sleep issues. It sure definitely helps with sleep. Will knock ya out at 25mg. Ambien was not very effective and its very dangerous drug if you wake up while taking it, will never take Ambien again. The bad - I feel like I'm in a groggy haze for 4+ hours in the morning. Very sedated and slow thinking. Also seemed to cause intense dreams in the beginning. Don't think I will, or can continue on a daily basis. I have things to do during the day. Could be useful if you really need some good sleep and don't have much to do the next day."

agoraphob (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have really bad insomnia which is triggered by my depression & anxiety. My shrink gave me this medicine & I sleep like a baby. The thing is I started having these dreams & they feel so real. But I thought this was only me until I started reading other reviews. I have to have at least 8hrs to sleep or then I'm rather groggy. I'm happy for the sleep because I was up for 36 hrs at a time."

Tweety05 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Works great for me"

calebcass1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on Seroquel for 10 years and before I started this medication I was self destructive to myself, very bad episodes going up and down manic episides and I couldnt sleep without myself thinking about everything and worrying all the time but now since I've been on it. I feel very much better. I feel like myself now and happier now and have a better relationship with my mother and 2 beautiful boys of mine! And now I'm also getting help for my addiction! Thank you Seroquel for a better life!"

hotmama1987 (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2015

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Managed to stabilise my mood swings on only 100mg daily, helped greatly with sleep however, did leave me feeling drowsy during the day"

Wooly Hollie March 1, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I truly think this medication may have saved my life. I'm 24, and I knew I had some mental issues since I was a teen. Until now I never took them seriously, but looking back.. I'm so glad I was diagnosed and treated with this medication. I suffered for so many years with little sleep, alcoholism, panick attacks, mood swings, ludacris spending... you name it. Seroquel allows me to be the person I want to be. It slows me down and allows me to act more rationally and sleep properly. I'm so thankful this medication exists, I never want to live a day without it."

MrAtlantis (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 1, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have only just begun a week ago 25mg to start. So far the worst of my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder symptoms: panic upon waking, has subsided. Increasing dose tomorrow as still anxious through the day."

Can't find name not in use (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I lived with severe mood swings and major depression since I was 7 years old and I started taking Seroquel at 27. It changed my life for the better. It was as if someone had turned on the lights. I was able to identify negative and delusional thoughts and I developed massive insights into my mental health. I've gained 40kg in 7 years though and I'm now trialling alterntives. I had a severe allergic reaction to Saphris, but it did everything that Seroquel did and more. I'm now looking into Zeldox or Latuda."

Seanie (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 28, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have bipolar type 2 for 20 years now. I'm also a registered nurse. I take depakote for my mood stabilizer and lexapro and for about 6 years was on 25mg of seroquel for sleep. It put me to sleep, a very deep restful sleep, but I found come morning when it was time to wake for work I was soooooo groggy throughout the day it was awful....UNTIL when I had to come off my depakote to get pregnant and my doctor said we could increase my seroquel to take its place, that the higher the dose of seroquel 200+ the LESS daytime sleepiness I would have and I wake up feeling refreshed. Most sedating drugs the reverse is true,like for exp. Valium take a tiny dose ok but bigger doses and your asleep. Not true of seroquel. Look it up or ask ur psych"

JND711 February 22, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "Seroquel XR worked very well for me with a combination of Seroquel and Zoloft together. I've been well for over 3 years now. Usually I would fall in to a depression with in a year just taking an antidepressent Because my body would build a tolerance to the medications. I know this medicine isn't for everyone, but I've had a very good experience and I'm stable and happy."

cdfig83 February 20, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Been on Seroquel XR for 8 years. Can't believe I wasn't on this medicine when I was working , maybe I would not of been alcoholic for 40 years."

retired early February 18, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Only on week 1 of this med, but I CANNOT believe the change in my mood. I am taking this to treat bipolar 2, anxiety and poor sleep quality. I take 50mg at night and sleep like a baby. Make sure to get 8-10 hours of sleep/night and you won't feel drowsy the next morning. It's eliminated my anxiety entirely and I feel completely stabilized. I haven't had any trouble with weight gain; in fact, I've already lost a few lbs, due to the fact that I no longer feel emotionally-driven to binge eat. No side effects as far as I can tell. An ABSOLUTE MIRACLE DRUG. Just praying the results hold up."

valchicago February 13, 2015

For Insomnia: "I like Seroquel for sleep better than ANYTHING I've tried ( Trazodone, Ambien, Restoril, Melatonin, Ativan, Benadryl, and Hydroxzine). Its the best out there... Except for the ultra vivid dreams!"

Ashli J February 6, 2015

For Insomnia: "On the nights when I forget to take my 100mg of Quetipine I wake up in the middle of the night at 3am or 4am and am unable to go back to sleep and end up staring blankly at my computer screen. Most every night I take it and even if a trip or two to the bathroom is necessary, I can fall back asleep in minutes. However, this medication is very strong even at the 100mg level and I often have to hug the walls and furniture to safely walk to the bathroom. I'm sure others that take this medication have a loss of control of balance. I only take this medication about 1/2 an hour before bedtime or I find that suddenly I can't find the keys on the keyboard anymore and am EXTREMELY SEDATED. I get a solid 7 hours of sleep most nights."

dmhobbit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I started taking 25mg and now on 150mg nightly with the option of going up to 300mg if needed. Although I have not been on it long enough to make comment on weight gain it has been fantastic for my mind and mood. I get a good nights sleep and although I can still be a bit groggy in the morning this passes during the day. Best tablet for me in a long time."

Lorz18 February 4, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've been on Zoloft for 7 years. I experienced my first panic attack about 2 years in. Since then it had gotten really bad, so much that I was having 3 or more a week. I was given quetiapine by a psychiatrist. He recommended half a tablet (tab is 25mg) so 12.5mg morning and night, but to start taking it just at night to see how I go on it. The first night I slept about 11 hours. The next night was 8. It sorted itself out after that first night. I still do not take it in the morning as I don't want to be drowsy at work. As far as the panic attacks go, I've been on it for 2 months now and I've only had one. I've been able to accept a promotion that has me work 6 hours from home for a few weeks. I have my life back!"

Jac. January 24, 2015

For Insomnia: "My shrink upped my doses to 200 mg and I think that's to much because I started to get a rapid heart beat. I lost about 20 pounds due to my major depression. I had to quit my job because I would be drowsy. At first it worked and helped me sleep. I guess I built a tolerance to it now I take 1/4 of 200mg and I try not take every night. "

mrvicc90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been taking this for five years and have never been better. I think you just have to find what works for you. My Psych Doc is the best!"

dustbowl (taken for 10 years or more) January 8, 2015

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I stayed in my own little comfortable world as I called it because I was paranoid, bad compulsions, habits, hypochondria, everyday was a struggle and I would cry randomly. I did not consider myself depressed because I was such a happy girl even though at a split second I would turn into something else and would have no emotion for anything. Sometimes I would have bad anxiety due to giving myself all of this stress and I couldn't eat and then I became sick and most of the time with that, came no confidence and sometimes I had many flowing ideas and such creativity. I was diagnosed recently with Hypomania, BPD and a bit of skitz. This med has helped so much but if you have symptoms of bipolar do not take anxiety medication...you'll feel terrible."

Meegz (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2015

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I was on and off Seroquel for 3 years. It helped with my depression and most of my anxiety, certainly put a stop to my insomnia. I hated the way I would feel when I woke in the morning though. I hated not being able to just get up and go, it usually took until mid afternoon to feel 100% clear. I found though that after a few years its effects on me at 100mg were wearing thin. It no longer helped with my paranoia at all and I would be up half the night. I also gained nearly 20kg, stopped taking it and have dropped over 10kg so far. Also having my daughter seems to have shifted something mentally and found that I no longer need to continue taking it to control everything."

BPD Mama (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 1, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "This medicine has really helped with my bipolar. I take 300mg (slow release) every evening and it's really helped balance my moods and ease any depressive episodes. Only side effect is feeling like a zombie if I wake up too early, but it's all about taking the pill at the right time before you sleep. If anything I'm getting the best sleep I've ever had when taken properly."

DP0505 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2014

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "When I was 14 I was put on 450mg/day before bed time and within 6 months I gained 25-30 pounds. It worked super well to get rid of my hallucinations (including the tactile ones) but it made me extremely zombie-like. My grades slipped at school, and I slept as soon as I got home till the next morning. The first day I slept 22 hours. This medicine made me so hungry all the time and no matter how much I ate I was never full."

Skr1259 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 27, 2014

For Insomnia: "Currently on .2mg of Clonidine and 300mg of Seroquel for Insomnia. Works fine."

Jon Dough (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2014

For Insomnia: "I have been taking this since it was prescribed in detox three years ago. It has worked wonders for me. I only take 1/4 of a 50 mg pill and sleep though the night. I don't take it on the weekends to avoid building a tolerance. Sometimes if I am under stress, I will take a 1/2 pill. The only thing I notice is that I need to take it when I have at 7 hours to sleep or I may be groggy in the morning."

SleepLikeaBaby (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2014

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Unfortunately after more than a year, pervasive stuff like weight gain, increased lipids, diabetes all started to be present. Great for a while but I started toned more of it to deal with psychotic symptoms and the sedative nature of it got in the way. Swapped to paliperidone ER, which is more focused on the psychotic symptoms and doing well without the sedation."

PixelPop (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 12, 2014