User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 3)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 16 reviews 46 medications

5.4
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 791 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Insomnia: "This works great. I was on 300mg for insomnia. Since I started working I'm only taking 150mg. I fall asleep about 30 min after taking it. No problems getting up in the morning. Also, not groggy after 7-8 hrs of sleep."

Strych9 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "I take quitaipine 300 mg every night. I have been suffering with painful legs caused by quitaipine so take Procyclidine to stop the pain and I take 600 mg of pregablin. I take 100 mg of sertraline. I have also been waking up choking and not being able to breathe. The Dr told me to take some gaviscon it has worked. I still have problems sleeping depends if I'm not in the right frame of mind but when I do I wake up feeling great."

What day is it ? February 19, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Made me feel like a zombie. I slept too much, gained 20lbs, had restless leg syndrome and congestion at night, increased depression , I had a breakdown of laughing and crying at same time. I lost of reality."

suezyque (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "It help me to get back the control over my life!!!"

D.J. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have had a negative experience.I was mad at my self because i went against my better judgment. I knew that this one was a weight gaining pill. I kept telling my doctor that I was gaining weight from this pill he insisted that it had nothing to do with seriqul xr he continued to say its what I was eating. I told him last week on the phone he said what have you been eating I went on a fast normally before seriqul I would just lose the extra weight when I went on a diet. This time a week went by it got even worse So I am very happy that I just stopped taking it. It is not worth it. I had a doc for 10 years prior to this one and I had never been diagnosed with bi polar - he calls it a mood disorder. I know I have it and I am open to something new"

candy kane February 16, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have been on a lot of them and I'm now on 300 mg Seroquel it is the best , I have not gained weight but I exercise I take it at night. I don't see things, I feel things touching me but I still have one voice and not 4 in my head ."

Stphy February 16, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel, 50mg nightly in addition to Lithium (2 x 200mg) and Cipramil (20mg) a dream combo for me. Stops the racing thoughts and knocks me out cold for 8 hours / night. Slight weight gain of maybe 2-3 kilos but hardly noticeable. I'll take the extra weight over hypomania and insomnia any dat."

peony16 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel for me was the best thing that could've happened to me and my illnesses(bipolar,BPD and PTSD. It made me gain 20 lbs. in a month causing me to want to come off. (I lost the weight.) Bad decision though cause I ended up back on it anyway. None of my other meds. are as effective. I also use ambilify and lamictal."

Cede (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2016

For Insomnia: "Use to take occasional aids natural herbs and such when needed which was from months to days depending on stress and issues at the time. This has been all my adult life. Eventually I can get it under control. Fast forward to this past year. Got severely sick with some stomach parasites, lots about 20% weight and did not sleep but maybe half hour a day and an occasional 5-10 minute nap for several months, basically for 2 weeks straight I was fortunate if I could get 30 minutes. May natural stuff was not working. So my friend let me try his for the last few months - works. Took a few days to get use to. 25 mg works for me, with 12mg I get 3 hours, with 37.5mg about 14-18 hours. STRESS is the key, lower it is the better it works."

straight shooter February 10, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been on quetiapine 50mg for 2 years now for insomnia. Along with mirtaz 15, olimelt 5, klonopin 0.5 for depression, anxiety, and insomnia. It works great for me. I sleep well for 8-9 hours and feel fresh in the morning."

Chandan555 February 10, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Seroquel has changed my life so much. The only regret I have about taking it is that I didn't take it much earlier in life. I used to be a very anxious, shy girl. Now people describe me as outgoing, life of the party. I no longer feel afraid of people and I don't have panic attacks like I used to. The only side effect I experienced was a 30 pound weight gain within a year (which is unusual on a low dose of 150mg per day). My dr. had added topamax to curb my appetite and it is working. Overall, I love seroquel."

K. p February 8, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was prescribed Seroquel as an emergency anxiety medication several months ago. It definitely helps in a pinch, but it caused me to gain weight and made me very zombie-like. However, I do not have any of the conditions it is most prescribed for so I'm not sure how well it works for everyone else."

orangetoday2313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016

For Insomnia: "I've been taking quetiapine 75mg at night due to my severe post natal depression and anxiety. I've been taking quetiapine for 6 months now and it has been an amazing medication for me to help me sleep. I've suffered terrible panic and insomnia and now I can finally get some rest."

nikkidwallywoo February 5, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have had severe depression and anxiety for a long time. Adding to that, I was sexually assaulted and now also have PTSD. Long story short, I became addicted to opiates and am now in recovery. Being in recovery, I embarked on a journey to get my mental health under control. I was diagnosed with Bi Polar 2 and PTSD. I take Seroquel at night with Lamictal, and Lithium twice daily. The Seroquel is a must for me. After five years of flashbacks, panic attacks, and night terrors over my rape, I can finally get a full night of sleep. I have asthma and it doesn't bother it, and I'm on 100mg per night. I saw one reviewer say do not take seroquel if you have asthma. The truth is EVERYONE is different. Seroquel works great for me."

Jacob Ethridge February 5, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I tried taking Seroquel when I was a teenager. Everytime I took it it would knock me out & I would sleep the whole day away. Needless to say, I wasn't on it for very long."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on this med in 2010 for a year. The dose went from 25mg up to 400mg. The first few weeks were very difficult. It knocked me out cold and I had such a blocked nose I could hardly breathe. I toughed it out and my depression lifted. I stopped taking it because of really bad blocked nose. I have just had a major depressive episode (2015) with insomnia. I was prescribed 100mg. It worked within 24 hours. I was able to sleep for 9 hours and feel refreshed and energized. The depression and anxiety have improved dramatically. This time I'll stay on Seroquel."

JaxWebb (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I almost passed out on 20mg.'s. My pulse was a dangerously low 40 b.p.m.. This is a very dangerous drug that has been linked to sudden deaths when combined with at least 12 other medications."

scammed (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have a child on Seroquel. We've tried Abilify, Risperdal, and Geodon to no avail. Seroquel seems to keep her psychotic symptoms at a whisper instead of shouting in her head. My husband has also used Seroquel for his schizoaffective disorder. He switched to Risperdal because the Seroquel was sedating when ingesting over 50mg and he needed doses during the day. Our daughter is on an average of 500mg a day with no sedating effects whatsoever and we're wondering if she just does not do well on this class of drug since 600mg a day is the highest she can safely go for her age. Nothing seems to keep her psychotic symptoms completely in check, particularly her paranoia."

LizGC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 27, 2016

For Insomnia: "Because of my adhd I couldnt sleep at night. With this medication I get a full night of sleep and I can finally enjoy daytime. It's amazing. I use 12.5mg."

Jacqeline January 24, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "After many years of sleep problems due to my ADHD I was prescribes seroquel 12.5 mg instead of melatonin. This medicine knocked me out in an hour. I finally can sleep again. Seems like during daytime my mood is a bit more stable."

Rob zine January 23, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been taking 25 mg for sleep for over 15 years. I have found that if I take it about 30 to 45 minutes before eating I get sleepy much faster than if I take the medication near bedtime.."

wy-oldtimer (taken for 10 years or more) January 21, 2016

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This medication has been a real life-saver. I had struggled with heavy depressions interspersed with hypomania for a few years before I was eventually diagnosed with Bipolar 2 Disorder, for which I was prescribed this. The initial 50mg did nothing except be an overrated sleep pill, but the boost to 300mg for bipolar depression helped begin to mellow me out, and a few weeks later I was starting to experience a life free of devastating mood swings. I've read horror stories online, but I experienced nothing of the sort (actually *lost* weight in the past few months). It's a shame there's risks with long-term use, I would happily take this forever otherwise - these past few months have been nice and happy and productive for me thanks to this."

HayleyQuell (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am on 600 mg a day 2x300. It is being used to help with depressive episodes of bipolar which I get more than the highs. It seems to of helped stop the very very lows but I still feel low with little energy or motivation. My appetite seems about the same although I have put on weight but that's down to me not working now. Sleepwise I struggle to get to sleep but once I'm asleep I sleep for about 8 hours."

Madmick. January 20, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "My Dr started me out at 200 mg at bedtime and 100 mg in the morning. I have found sleep comes much more naturally. Esp after the 200 dose at bedtime. And the 100mg in the morning keeps me balanced throughout the day.I am happy with my results for my Major depression."

Marine 1 January 20, 2016

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm currently 30 and a male. My depression has only worsened since (and before) my initial diagnosis of depression and generalized, social and "acute" anxiety 13 years ago. I've been in a major depression for at least five years, tried to kill myself twice and am unable to take care of myself. I've lived alone since I left for college in 2003. I still live alone here. I've been on any SSRI I can think of, so this was a last resort med. Seroquel has made me much too tired to work or do anything else. The only stars I gave it relate to the reduced anxiety when I'm ACTUALLY AWAKE. Other than that, I'm more numb than I ever and are at risk of losing my job"

Might be done January 19, 2016