User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Insomnia 97 reviews 96 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 451 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Quetiapine

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: It helps me feel somewhat normal for a change.

January 4, 2011 3:21 AM
Review by joyceelaine099: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I started this medication and within a day of starting the full dose I was prescribed (300 mg) I passed out twice in about an hour and a half. I would NOT suggest this to anyone who has reacted to any other medication (I myself also experienced nasty side effects to Geodon).

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 26, 2010 2:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: All I can say it that it is a miracle medicine. I finally have my life back. There are side effects but it is worth it. I am in college and doing well. My doctors said that would never happen for me. They said that I would be in and out of the psych ward. I have not need to be in hospital in over five years. I can finally hold a job. Like I said I have my life back, something I was told would never happen. Seroquel XR is that reason for that. Regular Seroquel is great too it just made me sleep for 18 hours a day. Seroquel XR makes me sleepy but I no longer over sleep. Again I say I got my life back.

December 12, 2010 1:09 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was given 25mg once a day in conjunction with Lamictal. I started hallucinating about a day in. Stopped taking it 4 days later after severe hallucinations.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 11, 2010 1:48 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: This medicine has changed my life. On for 2 months now. Almost didn't try because of bad postings. 46 y.o. male with lifetime insomnia, worse the last 8 years. Off and on sleeping pills and self medicating daily with alcohol was destroying my marriage and life. Sleep 7 hrs every night without fail now. A little slow to get going first thing in the morning but otherwise feel like I'm 20 again. Taking 200mg at bedtime. Zero weight gain. Just had bloods. Cholesterol 140, Triglycerides 53, glucose 79. I work out daily, eat extremely healthy, take no other medicines, and have had no alcohol for 2 months with zero desire for it.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 3, 2010 6:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I have had insomnia since I recovered from an Adderall addiction, then used alcohol to self-medicate. Not sleeping makes me frantic. My psychiatrist prescribed Seroquel 150 mg, which I have been using for 3 years and it works perfectly. Takes effect in less than an hour, during which I read quietly in bed, and I have no issues in the morning, nor have I experienced any hunger. Like others have said, without it I do not sleep, so I have to make sure it is always available. I have had no need or desire to increase the dose.

November 27, 2010 7:33 PM
Review by SitaBug: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I had not slept in over two years when I finally found Seroquel, my savior! I sleep so great but I have had to increase the amount I take ever so often. Taking 300mg now.

November 27, 2010 1:51 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: I've been taking Seroquel (100mgs) for 2 months now. It's been great. I've had treatment resistant depression for years and have taken every antidepressant on the market with little to no help. I was running out of energy and time. After trying Abilify (bad akathesia), Lamictal (still taking), we tried Seroquel and within a 2 week period I was back in life. What a wonderful gift. I'm very thankful. Also, I've had refractory insomnia that has been alleviated as well.

November 26, 2010 4:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: After trying nearly every SSRI on the market I was placed on Pristiq, which improved my condition somewhat, but still left me dependent on Xanax to alleviate my daily anxiety. After a particularly bad stretch I was also placed on Seroquel XR. It has helped more than I could have ever hoped for. I finally don't have to reach for a Xanax as soon as I wake up. It was very sedating for the first week after I started, and after increasing my dosage, but this has lessened with time. I do make sure to take it before bed, as it does make me tired as it kicks in, but I welcome this due to my problems with insomnia.

November 26, 2010 2:28 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Borderline Personality Disorder: This medication is adequate compared to others in its class, despite it still causing significant side effects such as weight gain (which is very undesirable). At first, this medicine seemed very strong and made me 'zombie-like' (e.g. slow, unemotional, sleepy) but after a couple of days these were significantly improved. I was on a dose of up to 75mg, and as far as the effects of each individual dose; 25mg help with sleep and 'anger management', 50mg increased my hunger (a lot) and 75mg helped a little more with anxiety and emotional stability.

November 18, 2010 5:59 PM
Review by Kim P:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Just started Seroquel XR and it gave me a great good nights sleep. Woke up feeling a little groggy but went back to bed after an hour awake. So far the depression and anxiety are gone. That's good because yesterday my anxiety was really bad. Tried Geodon and hated it. Really made me sleepy 24-7. So far so good as far as the first day goes. I'm praying that this is the medication that works for me.

November 16, 2010 2:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Borderline Personality Disorder: I am 4 weeks in to taking 25mg of Seroquel and I noticed the difference almost straight away. I can think so much better because my anxiety is reduced enough for me to think in straight lines again. I am no where near as paranoid and a bit less dissociative too which is all really good. I was also prescribed Cymbalta for depression but have just ditched that because I was too fearless and suicidal on it. Whilst Seroquel is not touching my depression, I noticed that after taking it I felt that I gained a degree of self-control back which helped me to start to use basic life skills that I have learnt, which help me to deal with some of the BPD approaches to life's problems. Seriously, I find Seroquel even at the low dose to be excellent.

November 11, 2010 10:57 PM
Review by Living again!: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel has been a God send for me. It stabilized my moods and stopped my "extra thoughts" or "popcorn brain". I take 600mg at bedtime and my psychiatrist has allowed me to take an additional 100mg if my mood gets ramped up. I do get side effects from it like blurred vision and restless legs. About an hour after taking Seroquel the restless legs subside and I am sleepy enough to get a good night's sleep. I am prescribed benztropine (Cogentin) for the restless legs and it helps some. After I take my medicine I do not drive until the next day as there is risk of an accident and getting a DUI. I did have a rapid weight gain of about 40 pounds but I would rather be over weight and functioning and not hospitalized.

October 21, 2010 2:31 AM
Review by Happygirl31: User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I was on Seroqyel for two years and loved it except at the beginning was very sleepy but went away after a few weeks. Very shaky but rather than that was wonderful. I am drug free and loving it today though, easy to go off it too.

October 19, 2010 10:10 PM
Review by LouisianaGal: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I have been on Seroquel 150mg since the age of 13. I have had sleeping problems since the 4th grade. I am now 20 yrs old. Without my Seroquel, I'll go weeks without sleep. But with it, once I take it, about an hour later, I'm fast asleep! I DO NOT know what I would do without it. The only bad thing I can honestly say, I have gained 100 lbs from taking Seroquel. Mostly to the hunger feelings it causes right before I'll fall asleep. I would very much rather be a large girl who can sleep than a skinny girl who never sleeps. I would recommend Seroquel to anyone, as long as you aren't someone who has a problem with some weight gain.

October 14, 2010 11:31 AM
Review by bipolar girl:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Taking for 2 years. Only side effect is dry mouth but this can be handled as long as you TAKE it with a full glass of water. I now sleep. Being bipolar I was up 4 days at a time. Seroquel gave me my life back. I hope it continues to work for me. Gained maybe few pounds. That's it.

October 13, 2010 10:32 PM
Review by cullen.smith: User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: After much trial an error with other medications I am pleased to find that Seroquel XR really helps. I take 500 mg per day. Started at 200 but worked my way up until I felt better. Wish I had discovered this years ago.

September 27, 2010 2:03 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I only took this 1 evening, it put me to sleep. This was one of the strongest medicines I've taken. I was put on 50 mg. I felt horrible the next day, couldn't concentrate to read, felt more depressed, had to go back to bed in the morning and felt horrible the whole day. Luckily my Doctor said I could quit it.

September 25, 2010 7:02 AM
Review by jkq: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was 17 I'm now 19. I was on Seroquel for about six months and it did improve my episodes to be a lot less frequent. It was a God send in that area, but the side effects were horrible. I gained about 55lbs in five months. I went from a size 4 to a size 12 in a very short amount of time, I became very depressed, I spoke with my doctor and stopped taking it, and I%u2019m doing fine. I have not had any episodes since June 2009 and the weight is coming off very easy. I just exercise three times a week. Overall I rate this medication with a 6 just because of the side effects.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 25, 2010 2:03 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: Seroquel was a God send for me. I've been on it for 7 years and its the best medication I've been on for hallucinations and the voices I heard on a daily basis. It does however make me extremely tired so I take it half hour before I go to bed. I did get a little weight gain but I would rather have weight gain than hearing voices and seeing things any day. Amazing medication.

September 24, 2010 7:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I am a 52 year old female who had sleep issues for many years. I've been taking 75 mg of Seroquel about an hour before bedtime for years. I sleep well and do not feel groggy in the morning. My only concern is that if I don't have it either because I forgot or didn't return home for some reason, I really don't sleep much. It is not suppose to be addictive but I think I am at this point, even if just mentally.

September 14, 2010 1:51 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: My Doctor prescribed Seroquel for my insomnia, which I began experiencing during menopause. The Seroquel, 50 mg works like a charm. If I take it on an empty stomach, I feel sleepy within 1/2 hour, and sleep very well through the night. Dreams are more vivid, I agree. I also agree that I often feel hungry before I fall asleep, after taking Seroquel. All in all, it has been very helpful.

September 11, 2010 8:49 PM
Review by lissie87: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I've been diagnosed with bipolar type 1 for 7 months now and have been taking Seroquel along with another drug. I take 300mg twice a day of Seroquel and find it extremely wonderful. I find it keeps my manic and psychotic symptoms at bay, however they're not totally eradicated but minimal, and helps with my insomnia very much. For me I've only found that it made me drowsy for the first 2 weeks of taking it, some dizziness and it gives me dry mouth enough to be irritating but manageable. As for the eating I haven't noticed any real big change I've kept a stable weight and even lost some (healthily) when I do get munchies for sweets or otherwise I just have crackers or some fruits and veggies around and try to keep a balanced eating scheme.

September 1, 2010 4:57 PM
Review by Tori1: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Just started taking medication, 50mg the first really good nights sleep in a long time. I have been reading about all of the side effects and am concerned as I am taking some of the medicines that counteract with this medicine and it seems all the side effects that are listed are the ones I'm trying to get rid of. It's worth a try, will let you know how it turns out.

August 28, 2010 10:42 PM
Review by Detroit36:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I just started Seroquel at 100mgs at night. Of course it makes me sleepy but it wears off if I wait a couple of hours. That's when I tend to eat. The only thing is I don't eat junk food but Bison which is low fat on a whole wheat bun. I too am in need of needing to lose weight. I am 205lbs right now and would like to get to 180 at the least. I don't have a lot to offer because only been taking it three days. I take 300mgs Lamictal, 300mgs Wellbutrin. The thing that gives me anxiety is the fact I look into the future and with no wife or parents.

August 26, 2010 4:17 PM