User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 12)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 13 reviews 46 medications

5.5
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 732 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Quetiapine

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "I have only been on Seroquel 25 mg for just over a week. So I cannot say if I will experience the weight gain or not. But so far this is the best thing that's worked for me. I was horrifically depressed and anxious for over a year, and before that moderately. But after just 1 days on the Seroquel I felt a huge difference. My thoughts had slowed down, my anxiety and depression got cut in half, my appreciation of time and continuity came back a bit, the disassociation was appeased. For the past year I felt like I was on one giant bad paranoia trip, and only after I started taking this medicine did I feeling normal again. There are still major things that are a problem, but the Seroquel makes it way more manageable."

sarrakii (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2014

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Now I realize my experience is somewhat limited, but if my doctor had not prescribed it for me about four days ago, I might be typing from a rubber room. Because of certain very stressful life events, I began to experience insomnia about two months ago. For those two months, I was getting approximately 3 hours of fragmented sleep a night. I started taking 50 mgs of this medicine four nights ago, and I'm getting 7-8 hours of sleep per night. This medicine broke the anxiety > insomnia > anxiety > insomnia cycle. Once you're in the circle of that cyclical hell, it's very difficult to break out of it."

Rip Van Winkle (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2014

158 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "When first diagnosed another medication was prescribed. I then researched Seroquel. Being an insomniac I asked my PVC if I could try it. It made life so much easier. I began to control my agitation with others. I used to fly off the handle and what I call "my crazy" would come out. If looks could kill I would be guilty of numerous killings. I am able to be in situations that are less than desirable without offending anyone. It was a challenge being around others who were not as intelligent and immature whereas now I recognize how I should interact with them. My true personality is seen rather than the perception that followed me for the majority of my life."

eguzman8586 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2014

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have been taking this medicine for a little over two years, but I recently stopped. It is a WONDERFUL medicine for doing what it's supposed to do: making you sleep and stopping your racing thoughts. I don't regret taking it, because I badly needed it at the time. However, this medicine has HORRIBLE side effects. For me, they outweigh the benefits. I developed an intestinal problem, high blood sugar, and gained over 30 pounds that I could not lose no matter what I tried. I also feel like my mind is slower, and I can no longer retain as much information. I would not recommend taking this medication long term. There are also other negative effects that I was lucky enough not to experience."

MinnieMouse00 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Helps you stable and calm"

yayo53 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 4, 2014

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "50 mg a night & I can sleep through the night. As soon as I skip a dose my panic comes right back. The only downside is I'm tired all day from it but unable to nap."

BrianaG May 30, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for : "I find this medicine not only helps control my (chronic)pain but also gives me more energy, alertness and concentration. Bizarre but true."

Mumcat2 (taken for 10 years or more) May 20, 2014

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Calms and suppresses when having any kind of attack, anxiety or overwhelming depression."

tgr82 May 19, 2014

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I found Seroquel(quetiapine) to be the best medicine for me it really helped my thoughts slow down and allowed me to regain control of my thoughts/emotions, it also helped with my insomnia which was an added benefit. I also take an antidepressant and it seems to work well with it as I used to get bad headaches from the antidepressant alone but since adding Seroquel to it I no longer get these headaches. I guess if I had to say one negative thing about it, it does seem to increase my appetite /possible weight gain but I feel the benefits outweigh the negative as the increased appetite/mild weight gain can be controlled by eating healthy and exercise. Overall a great medication for me."

drew742 May 5, 2014

For Paranoid Disorder: "I have Delusional parasitosis. It has made my life a living hell for over 3 years. I was prescribed Seroquel last month and after taking it one time my symptoms we're nearly gone. For me it's a godsend."

chellegovea May 2, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on Seroquel for a year. I was fat, no energy, restless leg syndrome and elevated glucose. Seroquel has too many serious side effects. "

pookie babe (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "All the other medications I have been on produced horrible side effects. Seroquel works great and the only side effect is sleepiness. Stable at 600mg and quite pleased."

DeadBunny (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2014

For Insomnia: "On this for BPD and possible bipolar and anxiety helped my anxiety a lot after lorazepam and haliperidol stopped working. Its a great medicine, saved my life. I take 25mg three times a day also helped with my anger and evened out my mood since Depakote and lamotrigine wasn't working alone but I still take these hunger issues were a problem at first but Depakote causes bad hunger too but glad to say its no longer a problem BUT they just don't knock me out even with the Valium I take you'd think I would just crash but nope 3-4am every day I fall asleep even though I take the pill at 8pm!!"

tillyissilly April 13, 2014

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Been on quetiapine a month for borderline personality disorder and possible bipolar and a mild psychosis, take 25mg three times daily. I love it my moods and anxiety are much more stable and so are the voices. I do take it along with Depakote 2000mg, lamotrigine 100mg, zopiclone 7.5mg, diazepam 5mg and lorazepam 1mg as needed and haloperidol 5mg as needed but definitely the quetiapine that's sorted my head."

maisymoo April 13, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Took for bipolar. Good side effects: more or less consistently put me to sleep every night. Bad side effects: gained roughly 20 lbs 6 months in, had a difficult time getting up every day, needed more sleep than usual. It helped for awhile, but it mostly made my episodes less severe, did not effectively stop or prevent them."

insanelyquierd (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Prescribed 600mg for bipolar 1, first three weeks nasty but stick with it these side effects disappear. Taken alongside lithium and I have never felt so well in over 20 years, awesome."

Thecircusrules (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2014

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I have been on Seroquel for about 2 months because I suffer from BPD, Bipolar disorder and depression. As I am still building up to find the right dose for me (currently at 200mg), but I have to say that the positives of this medicine are so much more than the negatives. I used to break out in anger fits to the point where I couldn't stop the anger and had to be held down. I would break into a crying fit seconds after being in a happy mood. Starting the Seroquel, within a week, my depression seemed to lower, my extreme paranoia disappeared, my anger subsided. I have discovered (after reading another review on here) that after alcohol drinking I get crying fits and anxiety attacks for a few days. I am excited to feel "normal" for once."

Crazygirl81 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel is amazing for me, gave me good nights sleep, calms me down. I take 800 mg along with Tegretol 800 mg."

i2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2014

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was diagnosed with severe generalized anxiety, mood instability and had pretty bad insomnia, where I would wake up mid sleep approximately 4 times a night. I've taken Cipralex (20mg) for a year and I've been on Seroquel(25mg) for about 5 months and I find that I'm able to think more clearly and act less impulsively. With my anxiety the physical symptoms have decreased quite a bit though mentally I am in control of my thoughts. As for sleep, I sleep a solid 8 hours a night usually undisturbed. I did experience a bit of a weight gain though (10-20 pounds)."

basket-case (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I had been suffering from pretty severe anxiety and sleeplessness. I would usually be able to fall asleep but would then wake up 1-4 hours later and never be able to fall back asleep. I start Zoloft (50, then 100, now 150mg) a little over a month ago and my anxiety is basically gone. In conjunction with that I started taking Seroquel at the same time for sleep and it has been wonderful. I started out taking 50mg but am now taking 100mg a night about 30-45 minutes before bed. Within about a half hour I feel incredibly tired and relaxed, it's wonderful. For whatever reason this medication does give me the munchies to watch out for that. After a couple weeks on the medication I no longer feel drowsy in the morning which is great!"

Anxious Insomniac (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Don't know why it took so long for someone to recommend Seroquel for sleep. Tried them all. All sleeping pills, benzodiazepines, PM medicines. I take 50mg up to 100 mgs tops per night and am getting sound 7 plus hours sleep without the all day grogginess the other meds gave me. Its the best sleep I've had in a long time."

damnllama March 15, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Aching or discomfort in the lower legs or sensation of crawling in the legs, unusual tiredness or weakness, dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position, muscle pain or cramps."

The Neon Scibble March 15, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel gave me my life back, calms me down and helps me think clearly during the day, and helps me sleep well during the night. Makes your mouth a bit dry and makes you hungry often but definitely worth it."

littlelor March 15, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Works for me."

kmanza3 March 11, 2014

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was off meds for awhile and thought I was fine - nope! Had a manic episode. I take 100 to 150mg of Seroquel at night. Before this, I took Geodon and lost weight, but I had uncontrollable muscle movements, I didn't want to switch but my family was embarrassed by my non stop hand movements. I switched to Seroquel and feel a million times better. I sleep great (used to not sleep for days). BUT, I have gained 40 lbs. I wake up the next morning and see what I ate the night before and get so irritated with myself. It makes me want to eat everything bad for me. If I don't eat, it's like an itch I can't scratch. I don't feel foggy, but well rested...then again, I sleep till 8 or 9am. To me, it's worth the weight gain to feel stable."

HappyBella (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2014