User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

6.6
Tourette's Syndrome 1 reviews 11 medications

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 623 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Quetiapine

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Slight improvement in mood, yet still witness episodes of bipolarity/depression, sometimes lasting more than 24 hrs in duration (previously these episodes could last a week or more) not so down and out all the time, negative effect on sexual 'drive', no real urge to even engage with the opposite sex, let alone participate in sexual activity"

Matty A (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2013

For Depression: "I have been taking between 150-300mg of quetiapine for 5 years. This medicine has transformed my life and combined with venlafaxine it keeps my depression, anxiety and anorexia at bay. The tiredness is a small price to pay for being able to work full time and greatly reduce the need for psych admissions."

Kat34 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 3, 2013

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Took for bipolar disorder (for the depression). In small doses, this caused me to be too sleepy to function. When I took a large dose at night however, it knocked me out and I was good the next day. This really did help with the depression and mood swings. However, it caused significant weight gain. I had to stop taking this when a job had ended and I no longer had insurance. I fought insomnia for around 6 months, but after that time was finally able to sleep again and the weight came out. I would recommend this for someone who really needs it, but not until other medicines have been tried first with no success."

freednerd (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 27, 2013

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have found Seroquel to be very helpful in my life. I was on high antidepressant medicines but gave those up. The Seroquel helps me lead a normal life by allowing me to sleep and calm down after long working hours in a high demand job. I take 100mg before dinner which helps my appetite also. I would not take Seroquel during the day as I feel it would inhibit my ability to communicate at work. From what I've read some interpolate the effects of the medicines in differing ways but I can honestly say it has saved me from a very dark place. Expensive but worth the cost."

JJJ2405 February 23, 2013

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I was prescribed this for paranoid Psychosis and depression. At first I was to take a half of a 100mg tablet at night for a week then raise to the whole pill. After taking the half the first night at eight and feeling drunk I decided this might not be for me so I cut the half in half and take a quarter pill a night. It has helped me sleep and seems to curve my over thinking things and thinking that every comment or conversation on social media is about me. I think also by getting off social media altogether it also helped my situation. But overall good medication, it's the only thing I take."

country mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2013

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I took Seroquel for a year and a half. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I can say for the most part the medicine did help me. I was taking 50mgs because I have kids. It helped me along with therapy to deal with my depression. I had to stop."

one more (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 21, 2013

For Insomnia: "Have been taking it for a few years. Now on 300mg a night I used to be on 600mg. I sleep most nights but wake up every couple of hours every night. Some nights I have to drink hot milk to get me to sleep. I wish I could just sleep the whole night through. I have most side effects and weight gain. I wish they could bring out an antipsychotic that gives you a fast metabolism."

roch123 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2013

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was prescribed this for sleep and my doctor told me it has multiple uses and can be used for Bi Polar as well. Unfortunately this medication causes auditory hallucinations I am a 24 year old male and I will have to have a talk with my doctor about this."

BPD_Battle (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2013

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have bipolar problems and I'm taking 500mg Seroquel prolong once a day. It really has helped me on my mood swings. It's been five years now and I'm on methadone treatment too. I don't have any problems, I sleep pretty good now and I'm more stable."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 5, 2013

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have found Seroquel extremely helpful for my anxiety. I take a low dose and within the hour my anxiety is gone and it also helps me sleep better. The only BAD thing I have to say about it is I've had vision problems and my doctor and eye doctor believe its related the to Seroquel."

dd42yhd January 28, 2013

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was one of the unlucky ones who's prolactin levels skyrocketed. I was only on 100mg, with a plan to ramp my way up to 500 over the course of 10 weeks, which was obviously vetoed when my chest started swelling quite noticeably. Lactation isn't worth what's essentially only a sleeping pill at <500mg doses."

Ori (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2013

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I take Seroquel for schizo-affective disorder. I also take Prolixin in addition to that and an anti-depressant. I have had schizophrenia/schizoaffective disorder for about 4 years now. The reason I name both schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder is because I go in and out of delusions that seem very real, but I have discerned to just brush most of them off as normal things I interpret as conspiracies or straight out someone wishing me to be dead. It can be fairly scary but it has made me much stronger and now I still constantly get the voices but no longer do I go months, day after day, of thinking someone out there has it in for me or other delusions. Seroquel, in my opinion has made me much less paranoid."

gtbaker January 18, 2013

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Completely non functional, just not for me, I cut the 25 mg ones into Quarters, ONLY if I'm a little too hyper before I go to sleep."

Whimpy23 January 9, 2013

For Insomnia: "I've taken Seroquel for 6 years now. It works wonders for my chronic insomnia problems. No side effects for me thus far."

amazing for insomnia (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 6, 2013

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Was prescribed this for voices and insomnia but is making sleep life and awake life a complete blur!"

shygirl346 January 4, 2013

For Insomnia: "The 25mg dose has worked well to help me sleep with no detectable side effects."

lamurphy1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2013

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been in and out of mental health clinics for a long time..just trying to find something to slow my racing thoughts and make me feel like life is bearable. I've taken benzodiazepines..only to become drug seeking and take too many and need early refils, thereby being forced by prescriber to wean off. Done SSRI's with no effect whatsoever. Remeron made me gain 40 pounds in like 2 months time and didn't help me sleep. Marijuana made me paranoid. I just started some new therapy and was diagnosed with bipolar 2 and post traumatic stress disorder. She gave me Seroquel XR and my mind is calm and I sleep good on it. I'm still on a pretty low dose..going up to 100mg tonight and then 150mg on 2 days. Just hope I don't gain weight but so far I feel productive and my mind is quiet."

lynnpl (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been prescribed Quetiapine for just over 2 weeks. I am on a low dose at the moment (50mg) daily and an extra 25mg if required for bad days. I have had years of depression, racing thoughts, suicidal thoughts, irrational behaviour patterns, manic episodes, extreme spending and impulsive major decisions. Although I have spent the last 12 years on anti-depressants, it is only very recently that the psychiatrist is treating me for bi-polar. The first 10 days were magic, deep sleeps, vivid dreams and no more racing thoughts, I seemed to deal with things better, more rational with my thinking. IT was the best I have been for years and years. But the last few days I have cried a lot and been very depressed, self loathing and quite snappy."

lolabean (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2012

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "Got rid of psychotic symptoms but I had an allergic reaction and had to go off it. Made me feel drunk after I took it so I had to go right to bed. I would stumble around if I got out of bed. Made me sweat and salivate more. I found olanzapine a better fit."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "Seroquel worked in getting rid of my psychotic symptoms (voices, etc). It was a hard medication to go on, I would need to sleep 12 hours during the first week and I would wake up in that 12 hours in an almost intoxicated state. There was nothing that would wake me up in the morning but I think during medication changes it is important to listen to your body so I rested and in a week, that went away. I came off Risperidone in that first week as well so that may have contributed. The medication did make me sweat a LOT and it would take me a long time to cool down on it. My dyskensic side effects from risperidone went away. But I had to come off Seroquel in a month because I had an allergic 3 weeks in...watch out for tight throat/trouble swallowing."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2012

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "Quetiapine 25mg used to get over Post traumatic stress disorder post Mental Health problems caused by an allergy to Valium. Presently taking 50% of a tablet at night."

angela offer December 16, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Love Seroquel. Changed my life. "

EmSea (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 13, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I take a dose of 600mg at night time (because it makes me sleep). I wish that I could take less because I don't like that it makes me so tired but I need it to stay sane. I've been on it for 5 years and I used to sleep about 12 hours but now it's down to 9. The good thing about Seroquel is that I have only sleeping as a side effect. I have been on other meds and had everything, dry mouth, blurred vision, drooling, constipation, you name it, I had it. So Seroquel is at least good for that. The only bad thing in the last 2 years I have noticed over-thinking and like a conversation going on in my head but I cant find a good medicine and I don't want to increase Seroquel because of the sleepiness"

Correlation (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 11, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This one is good for me."

judykaye (taken for 10 years or more) December 11, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "They started me on 50mg twice during the day and 100mg at night and at first it worked miracles. Eliminated my panic attacks, I slept regularly again for the first time in ages. But over time the effects came back and as I'm typing this I'm even having a panic attack. And now I am up to 200mg twice during the day and 400mg at night."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2012