User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

6.6
Tourette's Syndrome 1 reviews 12 medications

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 610 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Quetiapine

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been in and out of mental health clinics for a long time..just trying to find something to slow my racing thoughts and make me feel like life is bearable. I've taken benzodiazepines..only to become drug seeking and take too many and need early refils, thereby being forced by prescriber to wean off. Done SSRI's with no effect whatsoever. Remeron made me gain 40 pounds in like 2 months time and didn't help me sleep. Marijuana made me paranoid. I just started some new therapy and was diagnosed with bipolar 2 and post traumatic stress disorder. She gave me Seroquel XR and my mind is calm and I sleep good on it. I'm still on a pretty low dose..going up to 100mg tonight and then 150mg on 2 days. Just hope I don't gain weight but so far I feel productive and my mind is quiet."

lynnpl (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been prescribed Quetiapine for just over 2 weeks. I am on a low dose at the moment (50mg) daily and an extra 25mg if required for bad days. I have had years of depression, racing thoughts, suicidal thoughts, irrational behaviour patterns, manic episodes, extreme spending and impulsive major decisions. Although I have spent the last 12 years on anti-depressants, it is only very recently that the psychiatrist is treating me for bi-polar. The first 10 days were magic, deep sleeps, vivid dreams and no more racing thoughts, I seemed to deal with things better, more rational with my thinking. IT was the best I have been for years and years. But the last few days I have cried a lot and been very depressed, self loathing and quite snappy."

lolabean (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2012

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "Got rid of psychotic symptoms but I had an allergic reaction and had to go off it. Made me feel drunk after I took it so I had to go right to bed. I would stumble around if I got out of bed. Made me sweat and salivate more. I found olanzapine a better fit."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "Seroquel worked in getting rid of my psychotic symptoms (voices, etc). It was a hard medication to go on, I would need to sleep 12 hours during the first week and I would wake up in that 12 hours in an almost intoxicated state. There was nothing that would wake me up in the morning but I think during medication changes it is important to listen to your body so I rested and in a week, that went away. I came off Risperidone in that first week as well so that may have contributed. The medication did make me sweat a LOT and it would take me a long time to cool down on it. My dyskensic side effects from risperidone went away. But I had to come off Seroquel in a month because I had an allergic 3 weeks in...watch out for tight throat/trouble swallowing."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2012

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "Quetiapine 25mg used to get over Post traumatic stress disorder post Mental Health problems caused by an allergy to Valium. Presently taking 50% of a tablet at night."

angela offer December 16, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Love Seroquel. Changed my life. "

EmSea (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 13, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I take a dose of 600mg at night time (because it makes me sleep). I wish that I could take less because I don't like that it makes me so tired but I need it to stay sane. I've been on it for 5 years and I used to sleep about 12 hours but now it's down to 9. The good thing about Seroquel is that I have only sleeping as a side effect. I have been on other meds and had everything, dry mouth, blurred vision, drooling, constipation, you name it, I had it. So Seroquel is at least good for that. The only bad thing in the last 2 years I have noticed over-thinking and like a conversation going on in my head but I cant find a good medicine and I don't want to increase Seroquel because of the sleepiness"

Correlation (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 11, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This one is good for me."

judykaye (taken for 10 years or more) December 11, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "They started me on 50mg twice during the day and 100mg at night and at first it worked miracles. Eliminated my panic attacks, I slept regularly again for the first time in ages. But over time the effects came back and as I'm typing this I'm even having a panic attack. And now I am up to 200mg twice during the day and 400mg at night."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel has been a medication which has helped me overcome many difficulties in life."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 3, 2012

For Paranoid Disorder: "I have been using quetiapine now for several weeks and have found it works wonders for my paranoid behaviour. I take 50mg in the morning and 200mg before bed, my mood is so much better. If I miss a dose my family can tell so I try not to miss any."

just stace :) (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Felt like I was in a chemical straight jacket."

sparkymarky (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 24, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: "I'm 20 years old and I've been on Seroquel for about 1 year now. It really helps. I take it for 2 reasons: insomnia and to help control irritability as a result of having Asperger's syndrome. The FDA is considering approving Seroquel for use in patients with ASD's who are at least 10 years old, it is now considered an off-label use. I've been on other anti-psychotics to control anger (Abilify, Geodon, Risperdal) and they did not help as much as this and some had bad side effects including fainting and seizures, very low blood sugar, feeling depressed, and feeling very restless all the time. I also tried Trazodone for sleep, but it didn't work. Thank God for my Seroquel!"

vanillabean (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel makes me feel like I'm on a level playing field again. I don't feel like my thinking's distorted and I don't cry uncontrollably like I have all of my life. I have gained weight but I'm fixing to start taking Topamax to counteract that. If the Topamax doesn't work I will still continue to take Seroquel. I rather gain weight and be able to cope with life 100% better than I did before."

Bluebird47 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "After later years of my adolescence and early adulthood I was finally diagnosed (bipolar) and prescribed Seroquel along with lithium. Not only did I finally feel a sense of peace within myself I found that I no longer engaged in the reckless activity that I seemed to have no control over. This behaviour which caused so much grief and upset, nearly caused the breakdown between my family and which I nearly destroyed myself. It does not get rid of my depression completely but they are not as bad and I find I can cope where as in the past I couldn't. I find that it's best to take it before bed as it makes me very drowsy which I find a good thing because in the past I found it very difficult to sleep. Hope this helps."

Romanee (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Makes me feel extreme fatigue and cravings for sugar are too much. Not really sure its working for me."

applejack (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: "I take 300 mg at night for about 3 months now and don't fall asleep, just turn into a zombie. I actually lost 20 pounds since I've been on it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: "I am feeling so frustrated. I have developed a tolerance to Seroquel, and nothing else works for sleep. "

IsmailaGodHasheard. (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 23, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This medicine is great for daytime anxiety or anxiety with insomnia. Doctors give way too much of this 300mg, 500mg, etc. to non-manic patients when much smaller dosages will work. I used a HALF TABLET (12.5mg) for sleep. Lately I used 1/4 tablet (one in morning and one in afternoon) to lower base anxiety level. You don't need to be knocked out to get relief from anxiety!"

Northern Guy (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 22, 2012

167 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have had a negative experience on Seroquel. I do not want this to deter anyone from taking it, as everyone's reaction and experience on this medicine is subjective; I just want to put this out there for anyone who might be experiencing similar symptoms and reactions and may be hesitant to say it and to just relate my own experience. I am Bipolar 2 and have untreated ADHD due to the ADHD medicines causing manic episodes. I started Seroquel 2 months ago when I was having a bout of insomnia. I should state that I was on Wellbutrin, Lamictal, and Paxil, and was feeling good. I was productive during the day and upbeat. I was prescribed Seroquel for the insomnia and taken off all the other except Lamictal. I am now a "zombie", depressed, sleepy 24/7."

mom232012 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder: "I'm lucky as I live In the U.K. And we don't have to pay for our medication. Before I started taking normal quetiapine 600 mg at night for bipolar 1, I was completely manic. I thought the government was poisoning our food. Aliens from out of space were trying to take over the government. I was trying to invent a virus to take over everybody's computer to save the world. Couldn't hold a relationship. Family and friends disowned me because I was wild especially if I drank alcohol but just after 7 weeks of taking quetiapine I've totally got life In perspective and even laugh about the way I was. The racing thoughts are much more manageable. At first this really knocks you out. But say after 3 weeks it starts working or did for me."

groove rider October 19, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was diagnosed with BiPolar Disorder 1 about 8 months ago. My doctor put me on Seroquel 100mg. I do have to take it at night due to the drowsiness it causes. It has made a dramatic change in the racing thoughts and negative self-image I felt. I've also had a marked change in my insomnia. I was misdiagnosed for a number of years, and couldn't understand why the other meds didn't make a difference. I wake up feeling rested. I did have some vivid dreams when I first began taking it. I also get the munchies, but they have subsided considerably in the last month or two, and have dropped almost 20 pounds. This is magical as far as I'm concerned! As well as the Seroquel, I also take 20 mg of Lexapro and 600 mg of Neurontin every night. Thanks!!"

justRedDammit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder: "Puerperal Psychosis: Made me extremely sleepy on a wide range of doses and basically took my life away. Also made me gain weight even though I lost my appetite towards the end of taking it"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 21, 2012

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: "Seroquel was awful.. my doctor prescribed two 700mg at night and I slept so much! When I wasn't sleeping I was exercising, still I gained 30lbs. I had extreme paranoia, never knew where I was or how I got there, and always woke up in sleep paralysis. Made my depression, anxiety and bipolar worse."

thebeesknees92 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2012

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Various incidents in Viet Nam combat, intel work of over two decades slowly became an affect on sleep. The use of therapies, 12 steps, counseling all left something still not quite right. When an enlightened physician in the VAMC psych ward dosed Seroquel at 100 mg three daily, first sleep in 30 yrs. At 200 mg nightly, no more dreams of conflict, resulting in a life saved, a definite sleep within 45 min., usually six to eight hours. Waking easily, up for a happy day every day."

BeachD1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2012