User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Insomnia 105 reviews 100 medications

Tourette's Syndrome 1 reviews 12 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 3 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 507 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Quetiapine

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was having a blast with a manic episode, then the deepest depressive episode set in, and Seroquel is the only medicine that stopped it.

October 22, 2011 9:33 PM

Review by sean63:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I have started taking Seroquel three weeks ago. I've been prescribed 25mg twice a day. I was not able to sleep staying up one day, one night, one day and maybe going to sleep that night or the next. I've been told I have anxiety. That dose wasn't working for my sleep so I started taking 50mg at night as well as the 25mg twice daily. it has worked for my sleep. The only thing is I take the two tablets at night and I don't feel like going to sleep but I switch off sitting down watching T.V. It's like I can't get myself to bed. I wake up a couple of hours later then go to bed and fall to sleep, no serious side effects, no weight gain so far.

October 19, 2011 12:50 PM

Review by Miss Roni:

For Insomnia: Too high a dosage gave me akathesia (150 ); depending on anxiety levels, usually 50mg is perfect for helping me fall and stay asleep. I have ADHD and take 30mg of Adderall XR, in the morning. Nothing else (even relaxation techniques, CBT, etc.) helps me to get the 7-8 hours of rest a day my body REQUIRES. I also have epilepsy, which is exacerbated by lost sleep. Taken very seriously, and with the advice/oversight of my psychiatrist, Seroquel is probably saving my life. Thank you.

October 18, 2011 10:12 PM

Review by night walker:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: Been taking 200mg for 4 years and also 2mg clonazepam. Only problem was when I first started I would sleep walk. One time I was downstairs taking down the blinds in the family room till my wife woke me up. No problems anymore.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2011 8:28 AM

Review by ngeRaced:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I was craving for sleep for the last few years. I used to feel so tired and no energy. I just take half of 25 mg of Seroquel and no matter what sort of physical pain or condition I am good to sleep. Waking up fresh next day. Have not had any side effects. Have been taking for the last three months. God Bless Astra Zenca.

October 14, 2011 1:33 AM

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Helped "clear up" my foggy mind.

October 13, 2011 4:58 PM

Review by cottonkandie:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: This medication made me gain lots of weight and after being on it for about a year or so I suddenly stopped being able to breathe after taking it. So I was placed on a different medicine.

October 9, 2011 4:01 PM

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: Seroquel XR is very good. It boost up my energy. After trying other medications this is the best with little side effects. In the morning you feel like staying in bed and weight gain because of hunger craving.

September 18, 2011 10:55 AM

Review by jayjaycub:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: I was very reluctant when my doctor suggested Seroquel for my condition. I had been on it before as a sleep aid and while it did improve my sleep greatly, I was miserable the next day. This time he wanted me on it round the clock, and it has made a huge difference. It would seem strange that something which makes you drowsy would help depression too, but for me, this seems to have been the case. I've had very little depression since we got up to the full dose. I'm now on Seroquel XR 200mg.

September 15, 2011 7:55 AM

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Made me too "hungover" and groggy the next day. I was even breaking my 50mg pill in half.

September 10, 2011 3:15 PM

Review by Less Than Human:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: My personal reaction to Seroquel was essentially "The lights are on, but no one is home". I was so despondent I could handle no more than two weeks of the medication.

September 3, 2011 4:09 PM

Review by jennpugli:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was becoming very paranoid for no reason at all and in fact I felt I was justified! This takes all that away and helps me sleep at night too.

August 31, 2011 2:59 AM

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I used to be so paranoid I couldn't even sleep at night. I would go into manic episodes and be in lala land for days until this wonderful pill came into my life. I have never felt better. I just never felt so good I'm happy.

August 25, 2011 3:36 AM

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I started this medicine after my 3rd child and severe post-partum psychosis followed brought on my insomnia. My hormones were so whack, that I literally didn't sleep for about 2 months. I was hallucinating and everything. My baby was great, but I just didn't sleep. I tried Benadryl, Ambien, anti-depressants. Long story short, I ended up in a behavior unit and the doctors saved my life with Seroquel for sleep. They gave me 300mg of Seroquel, Risperdal and 1mg of Klonopin for about 4 days. I felt like a new person! I slept all 4 days and felt normal again. I weaned off everything except Seroquel and take between 100 and 125mg every night. I hate having to take it, but I feel so good everyday from having slept 7-8hrs the night before.

August 23, 2011 3:27 PM

Review by Shalisha:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: I was diagnosed with mild bipolar disorder, depression, post traumatic stress disorder, generalized anxiety. Most of my adult life I had insomnia. I use Seroquel 50 mg once a day and Celexa. The Seroquel stopped the racing thoughts, generalized anxiety, allows me to sleep well at night, and I'm able to think things through rationally. Seroquel is the best medicine for me. I love it. I used to only take it at night as I would fall asleep immediately, but now I'm able to take it during the day.

August 22, 2011 9:55 AM

Review by TwitchingRabbit:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Tourette's Syndrome: I am trying Seroquel for Tourette's and have noticed no difference. But my general level of anxiety has decreased and my sex drive is much higher! When I first started Seroquel my obsessive compulsive disorder symptoms became much worse but they are now better than they were before I started taking it. I feel more in the moment during the day. Bad part: I get goofy after I take it (I have to take it at night because it knocks me out) and I am having abdominal pains every day and mild diarrhea so I will have to stop taking it soon. I don't know if this is a side effect or not but at night when I am lying in bed I have started getting weird sensations in my hips and then my legs will kick out violently. This happens every minute or so until I fall asleep.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2011 3:58 PM

Review by Sydney L:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I've been taking this medication for quite awhile, and while it worked at first, I noticed that I quickly started building up a tolerance to it. Every couple of weeks, my dose is increased, and it's been very frustrating. While it does get me to sleep, it doesn't help me stay asleep. Also, there has been a tremendous amount of weight gain, which I can't lose even with diet and exercise. Great for short term, not for long term.

August 2, 2011 9:22 PM

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I am a 34 y/o female in the Army with post traumatic stress disorder and insomnia. I may take it around 9pm and wont fall asleep until 1 or 2 am. I will remain sleep but it makes me hungry. I have been observed eating while sleep.

July 27, 2011 9:09 AM

Review by qwerty_lv:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: This medicine works like a miracle. It keep me very stable, I haven't got major mood swings anymore. With Seroquel I feel very stable and happy. I also take Depakote.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2011 8:38 AM

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I was prescribed 75mg of Seroquel for insomnia. It worked like a charm, for about the first week. Then it made me sleep too much. I was sleeping 12-14 hours a day and was still waking up groggy. As well as gaining around 25 pounds in a matter of 2 months my physician and I both decided that it would be better to stop taking it. But I still will keep the rest of the medicine I have just in case there are one of those nights that I can absolutely not sleep. Great medicine, just not for me.

July 20, 2011 7:23 AM

Review by specialklh:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I've been taking Seroquel for two years or so now, and it works quite well for me. I'm sensitive to drugs like Ambien and Lunesta (they make me furious), so when Trazdone stopped working for me after 10 years--my insomnia's pretty bad--I was pleased that this works. I'm less pleased with the cost.

July 11, 2011 11:47 AM

Review by Ms. Brown:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I've been using Seroquel now for 4 years. I suffer with anxiety and can't sleep at night. Seroquel has helped me sleep and helps me throughout the day with my anxiety, if I feel anxious I take a 25mg and it alleviates the anxiety for me. I think it's very good for both. It has helped me tremendously.

July 5, 2011 2:15 PM

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: Causes too much daytime drowsiness. Works well as a sleep aid but, there is too much carry-over sleepiness during the day.

June 30, 2011 4:36 PM

Review by Cab420:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I think a small amount(25-100mgs) is a pretty good amount and a safe medicine for insomnia, or for people who have OCD, or any kind of compulsive behaviors that are so bad that they hinder their lives in a negative way. Ask your doctor about this medicine if you think you will benefit from the sedating and calming effects of Seroquel! I use it at night to sleep, about 50-100mg only when needed but I also feel a bit more relaxed in the morning when I wake up after taking the Seroquel. Helps me until I have to have my Valium for generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks.

June 29, 2011 2:56 AM

Review by maxzee:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Paranoid Disorder: After seeing my GP I was prescribed 200mg at night and had my first night sleep in months. Seroquel simply saved my life, it calmed me down stopped my racing heart/mind and burning body. Over time I have been able to reduce my dose to 50mg at night and wake up refreshed for work. In the morning I drink plenty of water or weak tea, also found B vitamins or multivitamins worked well along with magnesium tablet or powder three times a day.

June 25, 2011 7:50 AM