User Reviews for Mestinon

Learn more about Mestinon.

Reviews for Mestinon to treat Dysautonomia

Review by Mammy59:

I've been on 30mg of Mestinon two times a day for about three months, I had diarrhea the first few days, more shortness of breath, and some drowsiness, after that I started noticing improvement in my cognition (the worst part of my dysautonomia & Fibromyalgia, to me), and I am able to keep 'doing' things longer than I could before. I do notice when it begins to wear off and I may go up to three times a day on it. I'm very pleased. The only negative I have is big increase in eyelid twitching, and awful muscle spasms in my feet. My neurologist has had me start B-6 for this and it helps a lot.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 29, 2014 6:10 PM

Starting taking this a few months ago for dysautonomia and the POTS secondary to it. It helps the low blood pressure, low body temperature, and the gut-transit issues. It does not help the nerve pain or cognitive impairment. Sometimes when I take it a tad too soon (or even sometimes when I take a normal amount at a normal time) it will help my guts, but I will have a lot of difficulty breathing.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2012 7:15 PM

I take 30mg (half tablet) 4 x daily. Works great for dysautonomia.

June 13, 2009 3:17 AM