User Reviews for Metamucil

Learn more about Metamucil.

Metamucil Rating Summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 219 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Metamucil to treat Constipation

"I had a bad reaction to Metamucil until I figured out what to do. I found that taking metamucil dried up my stool and gave me constipation :( I couldn't believe it didn't work because everyone loves it. BUT then I took magnesium with I and it was great. Magnesium diverts liquid to the colon so it gave me enough moisture to pass stool."

Gwendles December 30, 2015

"I was having some serious difficult with occasional constipation since having my daughter a year ago. After doing many tests and determining I didn't have any underlying conditions, my doctor recommended a serving if Metamucil once a day. It's been a live saver! After about 3 days it started working and it's been weeks that I haven't had a single issue. I mix it with a glass of orange juice every morning so the taste doesn't bother me. I also started taking a probiotic with it. The combo has improved my energy and digestive health ten fold."

Finally Clean (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2015

"I have suffered with constipation and ibs for awhile now, and I found out about Metamucil. I purchased the capsules for convenience.I have been using it for 2 days and can tell a massive difference. I have not been bloated at all, which means I have more energy. I used to spend 20-30 mins in the bathroom, now I spend a few mins, a lot easier now. I only use 4 tablets per day, and working well.I would recommend to people with constipation or those who suffer from bloating and abdominal pain due to ibs. I will repurchase!"

DanielleK11 March 7, 2015

"I always considered eating certain foods was enough to combat constipation but have found that as I aged this was not sufficient. I decided to start using Metamucil and found this to be easy to take, tasteless and the condition has vastly improved."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2013