User Reviews for Pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Afrinol, Allermed, Cenafed, Children's Dimetapp Decongestant Infant, Chlor-Trimeton Nasal Decongestant, Contac Cold, Decofed, Decofed Liquid, Drixoral Decongestant Non-Drowsy, Drixoral Non-Drowsy, Efidac, ElixSure Congestion, Elixsure Decongestant, Entex, Genaphed, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Pseudoephedrine.

Pseudoephedrine Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 294 medications used in the treatment of Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Pseudoephedrine to treat Nasal Congestion

"I had a terrible experience with this medicine and I do not recommend at all. Instead of helping you to decongest, it just makes you more congested. It stops the phlegm from being coughed up which it would make you feel worst. The minute I stopped taking the medicine I started be able get rid of the phlegm. Same as the majority of medicines over the counter, they are just a temporary help - but on them long they make more damage to you."

Cachito Congested December 26, 2015

"Currently taking pseudoephedrine for chronic sinus migraines and ear congestion whilst waiting for a specialist appointment. I have found it the most effective pain relief for the sinus migraines and I have tried everything - hot compresses, inhaling steam, saline sprays, nasal sprays, antihistamines, decongestants, panadeine, ibuprofen, codeine. It is not clearing up the source of the problem but does provide some relief."

Anonymous November 23, 2015

"My doctor says this medicine is not for ear pressure, but it sure helps me. I battle allergies all year long, but eliminating gluten has helped tremendously. I now take 1/4 tablet in the morning and again in the afternoon if needed. I NEVER take the full tablet. If my symptoms are really bad, I take 1/2 tablet more frequently, rather than a full tablet as directed. It can cause a racing heart and insomnia, so decrease dosage and only take what you need to take the edge off of your symptoms. Trust your body (often times more than your doctor)."

PamHH September 19, 2015

Sudafed Congestion (pseudoephedrine): "sorry sudafed no stars as no change! Back to hot steamy water with albas oil ! That worked"

Raps August 12, 2015

"Apparently I have taken this drug longer than I realized. I was prescribed the Drixoral version of this more than 30yrs ago in the military. It worked for me then and works today. I have suffered Hay Fever and many allergies my entire life. Please everyone remember this drug is like all others, simply put, it works for some and can actually be detrimental to the health of others! This drug is not really meant for your flu like colds, it can help with some of the symptoms but truly works best for straightforward sinus problems. I have tried the 1 a day pills and if they worked it would be 2 to 4 hours of relief and then a similar time of eyes watering, nose running until it released more into my system. Long live SudoGest(prescription only)!"

Chef Jon (taken for 10 years or more) July 26, 2015

"For me, it didn't work. I didn't have any noticeable difference in my congestion, etc. I get a very bad stuffed every time I have a cold particularly at night. This didn't help me and it made me feel very nauseous which is not a pleasant side effect when the aim of this is to relieve discomfort."

Anonymous June 28, 2015

"Best nasal decongestant out there. As long as you don't have high blood pressure. I get terrible sinus headaches, and pseudoephedrine helps tremendously with these headaches."

LilBit-SC (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2015

"30 mg really helps clear up my sinuses. I've probably prevented two or three sinus infections by taking this medicine as soon as I start to feel congested. The only downside is that it makes me a little bit nauseous."

Ni_Te (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2015

Sudafed Congestion (pseudoephedrine): "When I had a really bad ear and sinus infection I went to go see the best ear and head doctor. He told me to take Sudafed so I did and it was like magic. It helped so much, 15 mins, I was clear so its worth the try if you have any sinus problems try Sudafed. It works!"

Makeupbykat December 2, 2014

"Great for the annoying hayfever/runny nose through the year - once I feel my nose close up I pop a pill and I'm actually able to BREATHE and hear properly (deaf as well). Couple times I've been told to take the Phenylephrine version at the pharmacy, but told them sorry it doesn't even work so stop."

Daryo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2014

Sudafed 24-Hour (pseudoephedrine): "Worked for me, recommend for everyone."

ramon68 November 14, 2014

Sudafed 24-Hour (pseudoephedrine): "After taking one dose of the Sudafed 24 it started to help me but it only lasted 8 hours. So I waited a full 24 hours before I took a second dose and it made me feel jittery and my heart was racing. Tried to eat and drink something but it didn%u2019t help. "

Tracy23 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2014

"The medicine is very effective to relieve the nasal congestion like within 20 mins. But it causes disturbed sleep and keep you alert. Nobody discussed in the above given comments that it badly affects erection so adults should be careful. This effect started with the 2nd dose of medicine in my case."

radsaeed March 12, 2014

Sudafed Congestion (pseudoephedrine): "It makes me shake too much. Do not like the way my body feels after taking."

busterandpatches December 19, 2013

"I had a horrible reaction to pseudoephrine. I sweated profusely after taking it for a week. It got worse every day. I didn't take it at night as I was warned it would cause insomnia..it did help my sinus infection along with Bactrin."

Sweet Pye (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2013

Nexafed (pseudoephedrine): "I found this to work very well for my nasal congestion. Under 15 minutes and I'm 98% clear for 8 hours allowing me to continue my workday. It works better and faster than other over the counter medicine I've tried. "

Lovewik (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2013

"I"ve had the tubes in my ear previously and didn't want to go through that experience again. I wish my doctor would have just prescribed this medicine instead of a nasal spray. I've had a clogged ear for almost a year now, on and off. I bought some Sudafed over the counter. Outside of having to give my ID, I had no issues. I took it and a few hours later, my ear has cleared up! Thank you very much for the helpful advice."

Tanya26 July 30, 2013

Sudafed 24-Hour (pseudoephedrine): "This is supposed to last 24 hours but it didn't for me, I got 9 hours of relief. I like the original little red pills that lasted 4 to 6 hours. "

shilayne (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2012

SudoGest (pseudoephedrine): "Helped my lung congestion; took 3 times a day. Good medicine."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2012

"My sinuses get extremely bad almost every night. As soon as I take a Sudafed, about 20 minutes later I'm about 95% cleared up and able to breathe."

Hensley2127 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 3, 2012

"Within 20 mins my nose was clear and my cough had subsided. On the other hand you have to drink plenty of water to keep from getting too dry and my heart was racing which wasn't to bad. All in all did the job."

Anonymous March 18, 2012

Children's Dimetapp Decongestant Infant (pseudoephedrine): "****** The product is called "infant drops". Are there really infants that drive heavy machinery or get pregnant?! I know this is boilerplate language, but it calls into question EVERYTHING on the page."

Seriously?! January 21, 2011

Sudafed Congestion (pseudoephedrine): "One of the best and most effective decongestants around."

whgrant March 13, 2010

Sudafed Congestion (pseudoephedrine): "I work in unhealthy, dusty, bacteria, allergen laden environments. When I feel my sinuses congesting, Sudafed or generic pseudoephedrine will clear it. My doctor recommended Sudafed or the generic as the most effective decongestant. Stating "To get it you have to sign for it"!"

Marko/IL January 4, 2010

"This is the only decongestant that works for congestion in the ears. Also, I have found it better than all others for nasal and sinus. The ones they have attempted to replace it with do not work nearly as well."

Anonymous April 12, 2009