User Reviews for Pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Afrinol, Allermed, Cenafed, Children's Dimetapp Decongestant Infant, Chlor-Trimeton Nasal Decongestant, Contac Cold, Decofed, Decofed Liquid, Drixoral Decongestant Non-Drowsy, Drixoral Non-Drowsy, Efidac, ElixSure Congestion, Elixsure Decongestant, Entex, Genaphed, Kid Kare Drops, Myfedrine, nasofed, Nexafed, Novafed, Ridafed, Seudotabs, Silfedrine, Sudafed 12-Hour, Sudafed 24-Hour, Sudafed Children's Nasal Decongestant, Sudafed Congestion, Sudafed Nasal Decongestant, Sudodrin, SudoGest, SudoGest 12 Hour, Sudrine, Superfed, Suphedrin, Suphedrine, Unifed

Learn more about Pseudoephedrine.

Pseudoephedrine review summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 326 medications used in the treatment of Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Pseudoephedrine to treat Nasal Congestion

Review by radsaeed:

pseudoephedrine: The medicine is very effective to relieve the nasal congestion like within 20 mins. But it causes disturbed sleep and keep you alert. Nobody discussed in the above given comments that it badly affects erection so adults should be careful. This effect started with the 2nd dose of medicine in my case.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 12, 2014 9:28 PM
Review by busterandpatches:

Sudafed Nasal Decongestant (pseudoephedrine): It makes me shake too much. Do not like the way my body feels after taking.

December 19, 2013 3:16 PM
Review by Sweet Pye (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

pseudoephedrine: I had a horrible reaction to pseudoephrine. I sweated profusely after taking it for a week. It got worse every day. I didn't take it at night as I was warned it would cause insomnia..it did help my sinus infection along with Bactrin.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 13, 2013 11:30 PM
Review by Lovewik (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Nexafed (pseudoephedrine): I found this to work very well for my nasal congestion. Under 15 minutes and I'm 98% clear for 8 hours allowing me to continue my workday. It works better and faster than other over the counter medicine I've tried.

October 11, 2013 4:57 AM
Review by Tanya26: User Rating:

pseudoephedrine: I"ve had the tubes in my ear previously and didn't want to go through that experience again. I wish my doctor would have just prescribed this medicine instead of a nasal spray. I've had a clogged ear for almost a year now, on and off. I bought some Sudafed over the counter. Outside of having to give my ID, I had no issues. I took it and a few hours later, my ear has cleared up! Thank you very much for the helpful advice.

July 30, 2013 8:14 PM
Review by shilayne (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Sudafed 24-Hour (pseudoephedrine): This is supposed to last 24 hours but it didn't for me, I got 9 hours of relief. I like the original little red pills that lasted 4 to 6 hours.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 15, 2012 10:57 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

SudoGest (pseudoephedrine): Helped my lung congestion; took 3 times a day. Good medicine.

November 10, 2012 10:38 PM
Review by Hensley2127 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

pseudoephedrine: My sinuses get extremely bad almost every night. As soon as I take a Sudafed, about 20 minutes later I'm about 95% cleared up and able to breathe.

November 3, 2012 6:25 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

pseudoephedrine: Within 20 mins my nose was clear and my cough had subsided. On the other hand you have to drink plenty of water to keep from getting too dry and my heart was racing which wasn't to bad. All in all did the job.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 18, 2012 2:08 AM
Review by Seriously?!: User Rating:

Children's Dimetapp Decongestant Infant (pseudoephedrine): ****** The product is called "infant drops". Are there really infants that drive heavy machinery or get pregnant?! I know this is boilerplate language, but it calls into question EVERYTHING on the page.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 21, 2011 1:33 AM
Review by whgrant: User Rating:

Sudafed Nasal Decongestant (pseudoephedrine): One of the best and most effective decongestants around.

March 13, 2010 6:08 AM
Review by Marko/IL: User Rating:

Sudafed Nasal Decongestant (pseudoephedrine): I work in unhealthy, dusty, bacteria, allergen laden environments. When I feel my sinuses congesting, Sudafed or generic pseudoephedrine will clear it. My doctor recommended Sudafed or the generic as the most effective decongestant. Stating "To get it you have to sign for it"!

January 4, 2010 12:23 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

pseudoephedrine: This is the only decongestant that works for congestion in the ears. Also, I have found it better than all others for nasal and sinus. The ones they have attempted to replace it with do not work nearly as well.

April 12, 2009 3:53 PM
Review by Renee/Gulfport, MS:

pseudoephedrine: I have been using Pseudoephedrine over the counter medicine for many years. I use the equivalent brand of Sudafed at Walmart (12 hour) This is the only medication that works for me and it is a shame the Government has to regulate the sale of it because of drug dealers. This really harms those of us who need it to breath. My problem now is that Walmart is always out of it. It is very hard to get even at local pharmacies. They have also upped that price on it I guess because of the demand from the drug dealers.

March 4, 2009 12:40 PM
Review by Princess Barbie Girl: User Rating:

pseudoephedrine: So far my symtoms have been relieved and I'm feeling way better than before.

October 21, 2008 11:36 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Drixoral Non-Drowsy (pseudoephedrine): I have been taking Drixoral since it was made. It used to be by prescription only. I was overjoyed when it came out over the counter. This is the best allergy/sinus pill you can take. Relieves stuffy nose due to swollen sinuses, sneezing, itchy nose and eyes, etc. This is the only medicine that works for me.

June 9, 2008 2:21 PM

Severe allergies and anaphylaxis: Learn how epinephrine can save a life. Watch Video