User Reviews for Pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Afrinol, Allermed, Cenafed, Children's Dimetapp Decongestant Infant, Chlor-Trimeton Nasal Decongestant, Contac Cold, Decofed, Decofed Liquid, Drixoral Decongestant Non-Drowsy, Drixoral Non-Drowsy, Efidac, ElixSure Congestion, Elixsure Decongestant, Entex, Genaphed, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Pseudoephedrine.

Nasal Congestion 21 reviews 594 medications

8.9
Summary of Pseudoephedrine reviews 21 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Pseudoephedrine

For Nasal Congestion: "30 mg really helps clear up my sinuses. I've probably prevented two or three sinus infections by taking this medicine as soon as I start to feel congested. The only downside is that it makes me a little bit nauseous."

Ni_Te (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2015

Sudafed Congestion (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "When I had a really bad ear and sinus infection I went to go see the best ear and head doctor. He told me to take Sudafed so I did and it was like magic. It helped so much, 15 mins, I was clear so its worth the try if you have any sinus problems try Sudafed. It works!"

Makeupbykat December 2, 2014

For Nasal Congestion: "Great for the annoying hayfever/runny nose through the year - once I feel my nose close up I pop a pill and I'm actually able to BREATHE and hear properly (deaf as well). Couple times I've been told to take the Phenylephrine version at the pharmacy, but told them sorry it doesn't even work so stop."

Daryo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2014

Sudafed 24-Hour (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Worked for me, recommend for everyone."

ramon68 November 14, 2014

Sudafed 24-Hour (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "After taking one dose of the Sudafed 24 it started to help me but it only lasted 8 hours. So I waited a full 24 hours before I took a second dose and it made me feel jittery and my heart was racing. Tried to eat and drink something but it didn%u2019t help. "

Tracy23 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2014

For Nasal Congestion: "The medicine is very effective to relieve the nasal congestion like within 20 mins. But it causes disturbed sleep and keep you alert. Nobody discussed in the above given comments that it badly affects erection so adults should be careful. This effect started with the 2nd dose of medicine in my case."

radsaeed March 12, 2014

Sudafed Congestion (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "It makes me shake too much. Do not like the way my body feels after taking."

busterandpatches December 19, 2013

For Nasal Congestion: "I had a horrible reaction to pseudoephrine. I sweated profusely after taking it for a week. It got worse every day. I didn't take it at night as I was warned it would cause insomnia..it did help my sinus infection along with Bactrin."

Sweet Pye (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2013

Nexafed (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I found this to work very well for my nasal congestion. Under 15 minutes and I'm 98% clear for 8 hours allowing me to continue my workday. It works better and faster than other over the counter medicine I've tried. "

Lovewik (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2013

For Nasal Congestion: "I"ve had the tubes in my ear previously and didn't want to go through that experience again. I wish my doctor would have just prescribed this medicine instead of a nasal spray. I've had a clogged ear for almost a year now, on and off. I bought some Sudafed over the counter. Outside of having to give my ID, I had no issues. I took it and a few hours later, my ear has cleared up! Thank you very much for the helpful advice."

Tanya26 July 30, 2013

Sudafed 24-Hour (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "This is supposed to last 24 hours but it didn't for me, I got 9 hours of relief. I like the original little red pills that lasted 4 to 6 hours. "

shilayne (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2012

SudoGest (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Helped my lung congestion; took 3 times a day. Good medicine."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2012

For Nasal Congestion: "My sinuses get extremely bad almost every night. As soon as I take a Sudafed, about 20 minutes later I'm about 95% cleared up and able to breathe."

Hensley2127 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 3, 2012

For Nasal Congestion: "Within 20 mins my nose was clear and my cough had subsided. On the other hand you have to drink plenty of water to keep from getting too dry and my heart was racing which wasn't to bad. All in all did the job."

Anonymous March 18, 2012

Children's Dimetapp Decongestant Infant (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "****** The product is called "infant drops". Are there really infants that drive heavy machinery or get pregnant?! I know this is boilerplate language, but it calls into question EVERYTHING on the page."

Seriously?! January 21, 2011

Sudafed Congestion (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "One of the best and most effective decongestants around."

whgrant March 13, 2010

Sudafed Congestion (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I work in unhealthy, dusty, bacteria, allergen laden environments. When I feel my sinuses congesting, Sudafed or generic pseudoephedrine will clear it. My doctor recommended Sudafed or the generic as the most effective decongestant. Stating "To get it you have to sign for it"!"

Marko/IL January 4, 2010

For Nasal Congestion: "This is the only decongestant that works for congestion in the ears. Also, I have found it better than all others for nasal and sinus. The ones they have attempted to replace it with do not work nearly as well."

Anonymous April 12, 2009

For Nasal Congestion: "I have been using Pseudoephedrine over the counter medicine for many years. I use the equivalent brand of Sudafed at Walmart (12 hour) This is the only medication that works for me and it is a shame the Government has to regulate the sale of it because of drug dealers. This really harms those of us who need it to breath. My problem now is that Walmart is always out of it. It is very hard to get even at local pharmacies. They have also upped that price on it I guess because of the demand from the drug dealers."

Renee/Gulfport, MS March 4, 2009

For Nasal Congestion: "So far my symtoms have been relieved and I'm feeling way better than before. "

Princess Barbie Girl October 21, 2008

Drixoral Non-Drowsy (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I have been taking Drixoral since it was made. It used to be by prescription only. I was overjoyed when it came out over the counter. This is the best allergy/sinus pill you can take. Relieves stuffy nose due to swollen sinuses, sneezing, itchy nose and eyes, etc. This is the only medicine that works for me."

Anonymous June 9, 2008

For : "I had sinus surgery about 5 years ago, but with my allergies I still have to take this occasionally. I can take it before I go to bed and sleep all night. I can take it in the morning and stay awake all day. Plus I can finally breathe!!"

stuffy! May 6, 2008