User Reviews for Darvon-N

Learn more about Darvon-N.

Pain 3 reviews 908 medications

9.7
Summary of Darvon-N reviews 3 reviews 9.7

Reviews for Darvon-N

Review by gmorett (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Darvon-N (propoxyphene) for Pain: I have livido reticularious with ulceration-sores on my ankles and the top of my feet. I'm not a diabetic and the cause is unknown. There are times when the sores get big and deep. Darvon and Darvocet were the only painkillers that helped. The sores become very, very tender and sore inside and all around them. The Darvon or Darvocet were the only ones that helped with the soreness. It kept me working where the other pain medications would leave my feet so sore it's hard to walk. Not only did it help it was also inexpensive compared to the others. I have tried everything from Oxycotin to the fentenyl pain patch. Am very upset they took it off the market. I tried methadone and it does help better than the others but still not as well as Darvon.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 12, 2012 2:30 PM
Review by farnight: User Rating:

Darvon-N (propoxyphene) for Pain: I am very upset that Lily withdrew Darvon-N. I thought it was a wonderful medicine in that it helped me. I suffer from TMJ and Darvon-N allieviated the pain every time I took one. The side effects were just like any other medicine so I really don't see why they removed it from the market.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 13, 2012 8:08 PM
Review by Cyril11: User Rating:

Darvon-N (propoxyphene) for Pain: Started to take Darvon after 642 were no longer available. They were as good as the 642's if not better. I live in Canada though and they are very hard to get. I've lived with chronic nerve pain since 1986 and Darvon helps me keep my job.

June 8, 2009 10:17 AM