User Reviews for Rythmol SR

Learn more about Rythmol SR.

Atrial Fibrillation 14 reviews 34 medications

9.2
Ventricular Tachycardia 2 reviews 31 medications

6.5
Atrial Flutter 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Rythmol SR reviews 16 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Rythmol SR

For Atrial Fibrillation "I've been on Rythmol 225 SR twice a day for over 8 years. My instances of Atrial Fibrillation are once or twice in a 6-month period. I am happy with the way it works!"

SXD (taken for 10 years or more) June 2, 2013

For Ventricular Tachycardia "This medication has allowed me to avoid the ER/hospitalization for several years. Prior to taking it I was in the ER 2 to 3 times a year for uncontrolled tachycardia episodes."

PaulaBookGirl (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 28, 2013

For Atrial Fibrillation "Had a miserable life for 15 yrs of waiting for my heart to go out of rhythm and in to the emergency room. Rythmal has changed my life, I experience a flutter here and there but no total outs, my anxiety has decreased as well."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 26, 2012

For Atrial Fibrillation "I'm a 58 year old male. I have taken Rhythmol for a year. I started having many different heart rhythms after having an implant for ASD. Every night I would sleep sitting up, could not work effectively, and was worried if this would eventually kill me. In a year I have had not one skip or erratic heart beat. This medicine is amazing and I feel wonderful. It does give you a metallic taste but it's a small price to pay."

itherni June 18, 2011

For Atrial Fibrillation "I have been on Rythmol 425 for 9 months. It seems to have controlled my atrial fibrillation as I know of only a couple occurrences since I started the Rythmol. Side effects have diminished but still have bouts of fatigue and constipation. This medicine seems to be okay but I hate taking something continuously at 51 years old."

Anonymous December 5, 2010

For Atrial Fibrillation "Rythmol 325mg twice daily is my life saver after trying 3 others over past 8 years with 6 cardioversions."

Anonymous August 7, 2010

For Atrial Fibrillation "Atrial fibrillation onset 1997... have had 6 cardioversions since drugs would not convert to sinus rhythm. Started 325mg Rythmol SR 2x a day after last cardioversion (March 2007). Stopped drinking alcohol, and haven't had an episode since."

walkmann March 25, 2010

For Atrial Fibrillation "My husband has been using this medicine (225 mg) for nearly 2 years now. No side effects, but still has an episode at least 1 to 2 times a month. His regular Doctor doesn't seem to know much about Rythmol, so thought about taking him to a specialist now that I read your other comments."

Anonymous September 18, 2009

For Atrial Fibrillation "I am a 64 year old male and have been using Rythmol since January 05. I started with the standard Rythmol 150mg 3 times a day. This was inconvenient so my doctor put me on Rythmol SR 225mg twice a day and I have been on this regimen for three years with absolutely no side effects and no recurrence of Atrial Fibrillation. My concern is long term effect. I am at 4 1/2 years on Rythmol and see one person on this site with 13 years. I would like ot know if there are any other long term users and what their results are. Do I need to try ablation?"

tmn3006 August 6, 2009

For Atrial Fibrillation "Since starting Rythmol SR 425 2.5 years ago, the percentage of time in atrial fibrillation has dropped from over 20% to under 3%. Absolutely no side effects. Glad I have insurance though and pay $120 for a 90 day supply, rather than over $1,000."

Anonymous August 5, 2009

For Ventricular Tachycardia "I take 150mg propafenone twice daily for prolonged VT. My heart has been steady for five months. But I now see that this drug should not be used if there is a heart conduction problem. I have both LBBB and RBBB. I can find no guidance whether to keep on or stop it."

dvnott June 7, 2009

For Atrial Fibrillation "I have been on Rythmol SR for about 6 weeks now. I was originally diagnosed with Atrial Flutter, but after the ablation procedure for this, it was then determined that I had Atrial Fibrillation and was put on Rythmol SR. This drug does not "solve" or "cure" the problem - all it does is subside it temporarily. As a result, I am scheduled for an Atrial fibrillation Ablation procedure this month. I have also had numerous side effects (dizziness, and bad taste in mouth). "

MarkBV51 May 4, 2009

For Atrial Fibrillation "I have used Rythmol or Propafenone for over 13 years for atrial fibrillation with good results. I'm taking 225mg twice a day. I drink lots of coffee with no problems. Alcoholic beverages will trigger my atrial fibrillation 95% of the time so I know longer drink. Wine seems to be the worst culprit. I have thought about an ablation but since the Rythmol works so well, I'm hesitant to have the procedure."

alanvega April 29, 2009

For Atrial Fibrillation "Diagnosed with Atrial fibrillation a little over two years ago. Started Ryhthmol after taking thinners in preparation for Cardioreversion. Heart went back to normal rhythm just before I was to be shocked. Had infrequent short periods of Atrial fibrillation reoccuring. Doctor prescribed another anti-arrhythmics but I felt as though tennis ball was bouncing inside my chest. Went back to Rythmol 325 Sr and atenolol, both twice a day. I have stayed in rhythm for about a year, I have found that coffe and some Iced teas cause me to go out."

Dr. orders June 24, 2008

For Atrial Fibrillation "After 9 months on Sotolol, I was still having Atrial Fibrillation (AF). Switched to Rhythmol 225mg for 3 months and had occasional AF, but at 325 mg, I've only had one AF episode in 6 months. It's a blessing to lie down and go to sleep without the fear of AF starting up."

Blueforest May 29, 2008

For Atrial Fibrillation "I just switched to Rythmol from Toporal and am checking it out. My heart hasn't done "afib" type things but I do have a horrible metalic taste that I wish would go away, outside of that it seems OK so far. Let me know your thoughts. I am a 51 year old male."

MiaBob March 16, 2008