User Reviews for Phenergan

Learn more about Phenergan.

Phenergan Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 27 medications used in the treatment of Sedation.

Reviews for Phenergan to treat Sedation

"I was prescribed this for my 6 yr old daughter to help her sleep. I've only been using it a couple of nights but it doesn't seem to be working. I am giving her the 3x5ml dose and giving her it at 6pm and up to now she is still not going to sleep before 11pm. Am I not giving her enough or not giving it enough time to work? Advice greatly appreciated! Thanks"

Ghand79 August 28, 2015

"took one 25mg to help me sleep however the next day I felt awful like id been drugged just couldn't wake up this lasted all day.i wont be taking them again .my wife on the other hand takes them every night with no problems"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2015

"I have no problem falling asleep, but wake in the night and sometimes cannot fall back to sleep. I take one half tablet 12.5 mg of Phenergen and even if my sleep is disturbed I fall back to sleep easily, and wake up refreshed."

Jamwock (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 19, 2015

"Although I have fairly high blood pressure - for which I take medication, and use asthma inhalers to prevent asthma, I have found Phenergan to be absolutely marvelous for insomnia - I have an overactive mind! I find it's best to take it about four hours before I go to bed - then it knocks me out for the night. Sometimes I still feel a bit drowsy in the mornings and have discovered I only need the lowest dose to get a good night's sleep. I only take it the night following a sleepless night. Hope this is helpful."

Anonymous September 19, 2010

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have found this wonderful for helping me sleep after years of taking other sleeping pills. This has worked, thanks."

shooz September 16, 2009

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've used Phenergan, which is sold over the counter, as a sleeping aid for about one year now. Taken one hour before bedtime, it rarely fails to put me to sleep. The wondrous thing is that I have kept the same dose, and there are no withdrawal symptoms, if you stop using the drug for a week or two. Definitely the best substitute for any prescription sleep aid, that I've ever tried. Highly recommended as a sleep aid."

Anonymous May 16, 2009

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This medicine helped sedate me when I was having back pain. I had two herniated discs and it calmed me down before and after the surgeries. It is not habit forming and was a plus with all the other medicines I was on."

trainman December 16, 2008

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate