User Reviews for Phenergan

Learn more about Phenergan.

Reviews for Phenergan to treat Sedation

"I have no problem falling asleep, but wake in the night and sometimes cannot fall back to sleep. I take one half tablet 12.5 mg of Phenergen and even if my sleep is disturbed I fall back to sleep easily, and wake up refreshed."

Jamwock (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 19, 2015

"Although I have fairly high blood pressure - for which I take medication, and use asthma inhalers to prevent asthma, I have found Phenergan to be absolutely marvelous for insomnia - I have an overactive mind! I find it's best to take it about four hours before I go to bed - then it knocks me out for the night. Sometimes I still feel a bit drowsy in the mornings and have discovered I only need the lowest dose to get a good night's sleep. I only take it the night following a sleepless night. Hope this is helpful."

Anonymous September 19, 2010

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have found this wonderful for helping me sleep after years of taking other sleeping pills. This has worked, thanks."

shooz September 16, 2009

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've used Phenergan, which is sold over the counter, as a sleeping aid for about one year now. Taken one hour before bedtime, it rarely fails to put me to sleep. The wondrous thing is that I have kept the same dose, and there are no withdrawal symptoms, if you stop using the drug for a week or two. Definitely the best substitute for any prescription sleep aid, that I've ever tried. Highly recommended as a sleep aid."

Anonymous May 16, 2009

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This medicine helped sedate me when I was having back pain. I had two herniated discs and it calmed me down before and after the surgeries. It is not habit forming and was a plus with all the other medicines I was on."

trainman December 16, 2008