Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Phenergan

Learn more about Phenergan.

Phenergan review summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 134 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Phenergan to treat Nausea/Vomiting

Used it after my appendicitis and it worked wonderfully.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 30, 2014 6:13 AM

Review by Mommasick:

I have used this medication many times for nausea. It always helps quickly and completely. The only reason it does not get a perfect score is that it knocks me out! I'll be groggy for the rest of the day even with only one dose.

June 20, 2014 12:20 PM

Review by ANON4579:

"Promethazine, you are my hero and I love you." whoever came up with this, you are a hero. Best medicine for nausea.

May 21, 2014 6:47 PM

Review by Buster22:

Excellent medicine.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 9, 2014 12:02 AM

Review by Robinowitz:

I'm going through chemo (Taxol and Carboplatin) for ovarian cancer and Phenergan is great. I sometimes also take Zofran with it because they affect two totally different receptors causing the nausea and both together usually stops the ever present nausea.

September 14, 2013 12:50 AM

Review by broken Wyng (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Dosage had to be increased to highest. 75 mg every 4-6 hours.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2013 7:59 PM

Review by Kev S:

It took care of the nausea but the hallucinations that came with it were a very unwelcome side effect.

May 20, 2013 2:41 PM

Review by LauraLab1:

I have chronic pancreatitis and often have persistent nausea and vomiting. I have tried Zofran and a couple of other medications for this but none are as effective as Phenergan. Whether orally or I.V., it takes away the nausea. I have a GJ tube for enteral nutrition. Vomiting can cause the tube to twist and slide out of place so it's imperative to keep it under control. Phenergan does that for me. It also helps with the side effects from the painkillers I must take every day (oxycodone and Dilaudid). I don't know where I would be without it. Phenergan may be old school but it works for me better than any newer medicine.

May 13, 2013 3:57 PM

Review by n8xwb:

Woke up with dizziness and terrible nausea. After 5 hours of dry heaving, went to doctor. One injection and nausea gone almost immediately. Slept for 3 hours, then ate dry bagel, chicken soup without any problems. Next day, eating normally but feel tired and a little "under the weather".

April 10, 2013 1:04 PM

Review by Raii (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Used it my whole pregnancy!

April 8, 2013 9:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I have chronic pancreatitis and have severe nausea almost every day. My doctor tried many different medicines for nausea and vomiting over the 8 years I've been sick. Several years ago I tried Phenergen and had a severe allergic reaction. I later learned is called a tonic reaction.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2012 1:27 AM

This has been my life saver medicine.

August 23, 2012 11:36 AM

Review by Littlmystri:

I have been using Phenergan to treat nausea for years. I have frequent and severe nausea associated with abdominal pain. It has been over three years and I am yet to get a diagnosis. I am grateful for this medicine. It is the only thing that stops the nausea. I would be crazy without this medicine! I was given Phenergan in the ER after I had a bad reaction to Zofran. It worked so well I asked the Doctor to send me home with a prescription for it. At my last ER visit they told me they were out of Phenergan and that it was in short supply. I was given Bentyl instead. That also gave me a bad reaction. I do without nausea medicine in the hospital if they do not have Phenergan.

March 30, 2012 2:46 AM

My wife has taken this medicine in pill form to combat nausea due to chemo, with no adverse side effects. Last week she was given a dose via her central line. She became psychotic and combative. Phenergan via IV was not good for her. Zofran is an excellent alternative.

February 11, 2012 9:00 PM

Review by Szabina:

I had gall bladder surgery and got narcotics for pain afterwards. No matter what pain killer I got, they made me vomit even at half the dose. Ondansetron (Zofran) helped some but not fully. Once I got my first dose of Phenergan my nausea was completely gone. It made me very sleepy but I was very happy about. This was the best anti-nausea medication that I ever had!

November 28, 2011 10:52 AM

Review by myiysis:

This medicine helped my nausea, but made me to tired to function properly. It would be great if you have nausea at night time.

June 1, 2011 8:49 AM

I too have Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. This medicine has helped me so much.

March 21, 2011 1:15 PM

I take this for the severe cramps I get once a month. It works wonders. The pain is gone within 30 minutes of taking it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2011 3:31 PM

Excellent. The only thing that has ever worked for my nausea or vomiting. My last trip to the hospital for horrible stomach pain and nausea, the nurse said that the hospital stopped carrying it because it has such bad side effects. They kept trying to give me Zofran and Compazine, but it did nothing and I left the way I came in. Phenergan is a life saver.

January 9, 2011 7:37 PM

I have had stomach problems since I was a child, and so far no doctor has been able to figure out what the problem is. The only relief I have gotten is from Phenergan (promathezine). I call it my "miracle drug". Even when already vomiting, and nauseated, if I take 25mg, in only about 15-20 minutes I am relaxed and vomiting/nausea is gone. It does knock you out for a good bit though, but if you have been up sick for awhile, this will be a much needed rest. Promethazine, you are my hero and I love you.

December 30, 2010 11:15 PM

Review by oxyaaron:

Good for many things, and non addictive. It's good medicine.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 21, 2010 4:20 AM

For uncontrolled nausea and vomiting that has been diagnosed as a migraine variant, the Phenergan suppository is the only medicine that works. It put me to sleep and and helps to greatly lessen the nausea. This medication works! Getting a physician to understand the diagnosis is not always easy.

September 25, 2010 3:12 PM

I suffered from Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome; similar to an abdominal migraine. Gastroenterologist prescribed Phenergan suppositories as a prophylaxis. It prevented the onset of the nausea and vomiting. Just knowing it is it my refrigerator should I need it has stopped the cycle.

August 25, 2010 4:30 PM

This drug is wonderful for stomach viruses, motion sickness, anything involving stomach nausea. The only side effect I have felt is the sedative effect. If you are a nervous flyer I would recommend 12.5 mg 30 minutes before take off.

July 14, 2010 7:19 PM

This drug is truly amazing! Nobody can figure out why I've been so nauseated and vomiting the last 2 years. When I have a really bad episode I take promethazine and don't throw up or feel nearly as sick. I don't even get the sleepy side effect it just makes everything better.

June 30, 2010 7:08 PM