User Reviews for Phenergan

Learn more about Phenergan.

Reviews for Phenergan to treat Motion Sickness

Review by jal1961:

My husband and I have used dramamine in the past for motion sickness while on our fishing boat. 50 mg tablet will put us to sleep within 3 hrs after taking the pill. One time I could not drive home I was falling asleep at the wheel. I went home and could not keep my eyes open. This time during our cruise we saw a pharmacist on an island stop and she gave us Phenergan and told us to take 1 15 mins. before going on a fishing charter. The pills worked wonderfully! We were out in really rough waters on a 30 ft. fishing boat for 4 hrs. Did not even get queazy at all! We were not even tired upon our return either. As a matter of fact my husband said the pill made him hungry and he ate more. Phenergan is wonderful! Throw away the dramamine!

February 24, 2010 10:36 AM

I has on a plane for 26 hours with 5 stops and not much down time on the ground. For the first time I was able to eat and sleep for longer then 10 minutes. Not the best medicine for someone that needs to be alert and fully functioning. Once on the ground for good I needed to be alert and doing my job. It took around 20 min and some water.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2010 2:04 PM

Review by Randi442:

Phenergan seems to prevent some motion sickness with fewer side effects (but slightly less effectiveness) than Transderm-Scop. The primary side effect of Phenergan is some drowsiness, which is dose-related.

March 24, 2009 1:36 AM