User Reviews for Promethazine

Also known as: Adgan, Anergan 50, Antinaus 50, Phenadoz, Phenazine 50, Phenergan, Phenergan Fortis, Phenoject-50, Pro-Med, Promethegan, V-Gan-25, V-Gan-50

Learn more about Promethazine.

Promethazine review summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Adjunct.

Reviews for Promethazine to treat Opiate Adjunct

Phenergan (promethazine): I have been taking Phenergan 25mg for yrs now. I have no problem with it and it works fine for me. This is for the lady that said she was 65yr old and her daughter had same reaction. You are severely allergic to Phenergan, do not take it any more, please. My wife was prescribed it for nausea and vomiting. She started taking it and every time she started feeling like throwing up by the time I made her go to the emergency room she was on the couch with her feet raised, I mean I had to put a cinder block under the end of the couch to raise it up enough for her. She could not stand up without throwing up and I had to hold her up to get to the bathroom. She was in the hospital for a week. Now she cannot look up without getting dizzy & going to pass out!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2013 2:49 PM

Phenergan (promethazine): I am on opiate pain medication for a back injury from a car accident, and the opiates make me nauseated and vomit. Pain doc put me on 25mg Promethazine 3X a day and it works wonders! It will make you a little sleepy, but once you get used to it then that feeling goes away. And I've tried Tigan (Trimethobenzamide) which made nausea worse. Tried Zolfran (Ondansetron) which I hated because it taste nasty and that doesn't help when you are nauseated. I would HIGHLY recommend Promethazine for ANYONE who SUFFERS with nausea from opiates or has chronic nausea!

January 24, 2012 12:10 PM

Phenergan (promethazine): Good adjunct with analgesics.

November 4, 2011 9:09 AM

Review by dcasr1:

Phenergan (promethazine): I am approximately 65 years old. Post surgery I was prescribed Oxycodone and Phenergan, and after 18 hours speech became slurred, unable to form words or express myself accurately. Turns out my youngest daughter had a similar reaction to the same drug during appendicitis crisis.

May 12, 2009 9:58 PM