User Reviews for Promethazine

Also known as: Adgan, Anergan 50, Antinaus 50, Phenadoz, Phenazine 50, Phenergan, Phenergan Fortis, Phenoject-50, Pro-Med, Promethegan, V-Gan-25, V-Gan-50

Learn more about Promethazine.

Promethazine review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of Motion Sickness.

Reviews for Promethazine to treat Motion Sickness

Review by Reservechic: User Rating:

promethazine: I own the tablets (50 mg), the syrup, and the suppositories. My longest experience has been with the syrup. I have been using the syrup for over 10 years for helping to control my motion sickness. Also, I have used it other times to help with stomach upset too. I started out taking 2 teaspoonfuls of the syrup and that worked great worked great for controlling my motion sickness. However, the longer I continued to take it, the higher of a dosage I found myself having to take for it to work for me. My doctor ended up increasing my dosage. I was prescribed the biggest bottle of this stuff that you can get. I saw alcohol listed as an ingredient. I didn't feel right using it anymore. I was prescribed the pill and suppositories to use instead.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 26, 2013 12:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

promethazine: I first used this medication about 10 yrs ago after becoming severely car sick - spouse had the med from a previous problem. It was wonderful at relieving my motion sickness. Hence, got my own prescription from my doctor and carry it with me at all times - also use it before travel in low dose - does make me a bit drowsy but I don't need to take a whole pill - half does the job! Relieved my fear of all travel sickness problems.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 22, 2012 1:00 PM
Review by jal1961: User Rating:

Phenergan (promethazine): My husband and I have used dramamine in the past for motion sickness while on our fishing boat. 50 mg tablet will put us to sleep within 3 hrs after taking the pill. One time I could not drive home I was falling asleep at the wheel. I went home and could not keep my eyes open. This time during our cruise we saw a pharmacist on an island stop and she gave us Phenergan and told us to take 1 15 mins. before going on a fishing charter. The pills worked wonderfully! We were out in really rough waters on a 30 ft. fishing boat for 4 hrs. Did not even get queazy at all! We were not even tired upon our return either. As a matter of fact my husband said the pill made him hungry and he ate more. Phenergan is wonderful! Throw away the dramamine!

February 24, 2010 10:36 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Phenergan (promethazine): I has on a plane for 26 hours with 5 stops and not much down time on the ground. For the first time I was able to eat and sleep for longer then 10 minutes. Not the best medicine for someone that needs to be alert and fully functioning. Once on the ground for good I needed to be alert and doing my job. It took around 20 min and some water.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 23, 2010 2:04 PM
Review by Randi442: User Rating:

Phenergan (promethazine): Phenergan seems to prevent some motion sickness with fewer side effects (but slightly less effectiveness) than Transderm-Scop. The primary side effect of Phenergan is some drowsiness, which is dose-related.

March 24, 2009 1:36 AM